Beard transformative idea/concept (feedback welcome)

Isharon

Jun 15, 2019
I've noticed a lack items that add beards so I decided to pitch my idea (Though im not very good at thinking up or writing scenes, but I wouldnt mind working on it with some help/pointers)

Name: Dwarven Pride

Description: Made by a scientist possibly too obsessed with fantasy dwarves, this transformative can grow a luscious beard on just about anyone, regardless of gender. Side effects include reduction in height, reduction in sexual dimorphism and unexplainable attraction to mining and caves.

Potential Effects:
Grow a rather long beard if don't have one (10 inches or so?) regardless of gender. If already have one, grow it (likely less than initial growth).
Decrease height
Shift feminity/masculinity towards 0

Last edited:

XBoxMaster131

Oct 18, 2016
I've noticed a lack items that add beards so I decided to pitch my idea (Though im not very good at thinking up or writing scenes)

Name: Dwarven Pride

Description: Made by a scientist possibly too obsessed with fantasy dwarves, this transformative can grow a luscious beard on just about anyone, regardless of gender. Side effects include reduction in height, reduction in sexual dimorphism and unexplainable attraction to mining and caves.

Potential Effects:
Grow a rather long beard if don't have one (10 inches or so?) regardless of gender. If already have one, grow it (likely less than initial growth).
Decrease height
Shift feminity/masculinity towards 0
The Ideas Subforum exists as a place to pitch concepts you intend to work on to the community, receive feedback and criticism on them, and then refine your ideas into a workable outline for the content you're going to be making.

This is not a place to pitch ideas for characters/items/etc. you want, but will not create yourself.

Allow me to explain:

Trials in Tainted Space accepts community content submissions. You don't need to know how to code to submit written content to TiTS (I sure don't!), but having an understanding of the parser we use is a must. There are many, many submission documents you can look at for examples to base your own documents off of. My signature contains a repository of them. Specific writing guides can be found in stickied in Event Submissions.

This subforum is a good place to take an idea you've come up with, and would like to work on yourself, and pitch them. See if it's actually a good idea, first and foremost, and allow other members of the community to suggest ways you could improve your starting idea. This process will help you save time by abandoning bad ideas, and help you to make the best quality submission possible from the ground up. Taking in feedback and making sweeping changes to your content after the fact is much harder than having a great starting point.

Once you have actual writing to share, start a topic in Event Submissions with a link to a publicly-viewable Google Document. This will allow community members to copy edit your work, and for coders to access it and implement it into the game.

Pitching ideas you do not intend to put the time and effort into writing is not the purpose of this subforum. You may do so, but expect a strongly negative response. Nobody is going to write your ideas for you: the people who can write have more ideas of their own than they can ever possibly write already; they don't need or want yours.

The exception to the above is ideas for purely mechanical changes to the game. If you have ideas that would improve the way the game works, combat balance, class features, etc., this is the place to put them up for discussion.

XBoxMaster131

Oct 18, 2016
Although, now that i think about it, it is kinda weird that we dont have beard options at the salon on Tavros......

Isharon

Jun 15, 2019
I mean I could write tf texts myself if some folk helped me with ideas/pointers for the stuff (after all, I did put effort into name and description.)
Or we could just change this into a simple request for beard feature in salon. I do also wonder why its not a thing.

XBoxMaster131

Oct 18, 2016
I mean I could write tf texts myself if some folk helped me with ideas/pointers for the stuff (after all, I did put effort into name and description.)
Or we could just change this into a simple request for beard feature in salon. I do also wonder why its not a thing.
Honestly I don't think a request would go anywhere. The devs already have enough on their plate.

Maybe just make the item.

Isharon

Jun 15, 2019
Might as well start simple at first then, so here's my stuff
Name: Beardifer
Description: Beardifier is a nanomachine-laced cream made by a scientist with an intense fetish for long, bushy beards, and is advertised to put a beard on any organic thing, be it male, female, neither or somewhere in between. Heck, it might even work on non-organic things!
Effects:
If no beard: Grow a 15 inch beard
Change beard style to 'untamed' (I think its closest to 'bushy'?)
If has beard less than 15 inches: Beard grows to 15 inches
Change beard style to untamed

TF messages:
No Beard:
You smear the cream on your chin and wait, wondering if it really is as potent as advertised. Growing beards on non-organic things? Preposterous!

Your jaw begins to tingle, and shortly after a flood hair begins to burst forth from it. When it stops, you run your fingers through your now 15 inch long bushy beard.

Has Beard:
You smear the cream on your bearded chin and wait, wondering how well it works with preexisting beards.

Your jaw begins to tingle as your beard lengthens. When you feel it stop, you check it with your hands and confirm that it is now a 15 inch long bushy beard.

Has Beard equal to or longer than 15 inch:

You smear the cream on your jaw, though its fairly hard considering your big beard. After a while of waiting, nothing seems to happen. It seems this is as big as your beard will get. Perhaps it is some kind of failsafe to prevent beards from becoming an occupational hazard? More than it already is atleast.

Feedback welcome!