Battlemage build inspire from Maplestory

Ranirain

Mar 23, 2021
Hey all i've been trying out so many interesting builds, but i recently made a battle mage build that is kinda similar to how battlemage in maplestory works, and just want to share with u guys and see if anyone can add more to it.

For those who dont know, battlemage in Maplestory is not warrior with spells, but battle"mage". They use staff to bonk enemies, they often use attacks that have a dark and lightning theme to it, and they have a thing with attacking fast with teleporting around melee zone, and they're quite tanking even when only wearing robes. Recent updates to Maplestory battlemage make em more like a "death" mage using scythe, but i stick with the original staff bonking funny mage. If anyone is interested u can watch the battlemage skills from here:

I chose Wyld Elf, Blackmage, Arcarnist to maximise willpower gain, and then mainly play as warrior. I do Max Str/Agi/Will and drink cunning/toughness buff depending on what i gonna do

Power: Thunderbrand, Song of Storm, Arc Canon/Cleave/Leaping Bolt/Power Wave, Deadly Shadow/Vitality Reap, Assassinate. Blessing if i dont have any followers who have blessing, which is rare since Queen Ryn exists.

I borrow blessing from other characters to buff Song of Storm on myself, then use other weapon attacks, when my recharges are in cooldown, i spam thunderbrand to simulate how battlemage does bonking attack in Maplestory. With blessed SOS i can 1/2 shot demons in the Glacial Rift with thunderbrand. Deadly Shadow makes it like im teleporting while bonking on all enemies at the same time while can somewhat help with agro managing from spamming thunderbrand, the same goes with Assassinate for 1 enemy.

As for equipment, since u'll be a magnet due to thunderbrand, anything that can help with surviving generally, but i personally like my PC to wear mage-like gears
Weapon: Anything that can help magic/melee combat. I just use Spiral Staff to fit the theme of battlemage, but i guess there are better options like War Scythe
Head: Titanic Hat
Armour: Tiran Vestments/Armored Robe
Hands: Gloves of Giant Strength
Feet: Winged Sabatons
Cape: Cloak of Winter/Cloak of the Deeps
Neck: Amulet of Union (I like to enjoy every special kid kinu event)/ Fluffy Scarf
Rings: anything within these - Guldring/Mare ring/Rouge Ring/Lucky Strike/Charm. Rouge Ring can manage Agro pretty ok if u have another dps char, but for long fight i found the agro from thunderbrand will overcome any other kind of agro drawing skills.
Waist: Senninbari/Champion's Belt

For followers, depending on my tactic. i always have Queen Ryn as the healer, cuz she's an OP af support. If i want to quickly kill enemies, i'd go with any DPS, Hex Cait for bosses, Brienne physical or pyro for aoe. If i want to do turtle blessed SOS thunderbrand bonking, i'd go with Witch Cait or Tui. I can technically bonk the infinite demons encounter forever using the turtle strat.

And that's my most recent build. would be very interesting to see how u guys think bout the build and maybe if there anything that i could improve upon the build.

Reactions: StairFacts