Bathroom Cabinet

twerklovr23

Mar 7, 2018
I saw the new bathroom cabinet in the ship's shower. So far, it's only a text when I click on it.
Is there anything I could do with it?

Nymphonomicon

Apr 4, 2016
I saw the new bathroom cabinet in the ship's shower. So far, it's only a text when I click on it.
Is there anything I could do with it?

Shave your beard (if you have one). I hope we can style our hair in the future... or modify other face-related features.

Nymphonomicon

Apr 4, 2016
Not likely. It would completely negate the purpose of the hair salon on Tavros.

Not if your styling options were limited in your bathroom. Personally, I think hairstyles (not lengths) should be temporary in-game and would need to be maintained after showering or an enthusiastic sexual encounter.

Mister Gregar

Dec 8, 2016
Personally, I think hairstyles (not lengths) should be temporary in-game and would need to be maintained after showering or an enthusiastic sexual encounter.

Please no, that would get tedious quickly. I'd hate to have sex on Myrellion and then have to backtrack to Tarvos every time I had a bit of "fun" with the locals.

toritoritori

Oct 24, 2015
I could see some limited hair styling working. Like I always thought it was a little strange that putting hair your hair into a ponytail was difficult enough to require an expert stylist.

On the topic of other things to do with the mirror - I think it might be neat to have some sort of primping option. Like you spend a certain amount of time in front of the mirror, adjusting your hair and whatever else, and it gives you a temporary sexiness boost. Definitely not any longer or more powerful than the one you get from the mango, but if balancing was still an issue, maybe it would have to be a skill you learned from somewhere?

Jacques00

Administrator
Aug 26, 2015
If there are ever hair styling options written for the cabinet, I would not mind including them. The options themselves should be very limited though (like only being able to style certain lengths, only able to cut unstylized non-living hair, etc.). Stylists should have the most options when it comes to that kind of thing.

I would recommend keeping any options for the bathroom cabinet purely cosmetic. However, if there is a gameplay element to it, it should probably be connected to a purchasable item of sorts. So things like an "auto-grow" hair gel or a makeup kit would be something that can be bought and used from the cabinet (or if they are useable outside, the effects may be "more efficient" if used from the cabinet). Those items and how they would work would also need to be written though.

As far as other options, bimbo characters should also have an option at the cabinet as well, though it's purely fluff material. More may be added to it in the future, possibly.

Nymphonomicon

Apr 4, 2016
As far as other options, bimbo characters should also have an option at the cabinet as well, though it's purely fluff material. More may be added to it in the future, possibly.

I could get behind that, possibly a "primping" option like toritoritori mentioned. You could set yourself to make yourself up for X number of hours... maybe with random bathroom encounters where your crew come to check on you or one of them is having a potty emergency or wants to use your shower.