Backer Poll Question

Karretch

Aug 26, 2015
I forgot about Gianna, honestly, but as Fen said what she has already is probably all that's needed. I don't think you can get more complex than 'tell the ailing robot that she's a person not a thing' to win her over.

Lancer

Nov 1, 2016
Also will there be a way to increase will stat other than leveling up since I can't beat that damn hypnotic lizard woman lane since she hypnotizes me into a bad end
Leveling up is currently the only way to raise willpower. There is an alternative and repeatable way that I know of in the pipeline, but that is still a ways off.

balitz Method

Aug 13, 2016
With the general theme of those particular plans and many of the ones already implemented I can see why Savin tries to circumvent the whole "buy yourself a harem" methodology with some of his characters and doesn't skate around the notion that you are essentially or even literally buying them when he does do it. Buying out their plotlines/ambitions with Steele Jr's NEETbux so they'll have time to hang around as a booty call in between other booty calls has a certain transparency to it.

And the more flush the backstory/current activities are the harder it is to just throw money at them. For the characters like Kiro who have jobs that they're supposedly up to between drainings natural questions come up. Would they still be doing their job out of Steele Jr's ship or are they supposed to be on the payroll as 'totes-not-a-corporate-floozy'? Some characters might be okay with the latter but others wouldn't for their own reasons. Even if they're supposed to be doing their job still it's tricky to make it believable. Anno makes that work but could things like piracy be convincingly relegated to "stuff happens offscreen"?

Just due to the trickiness of integrating characters who have lives into the crew is it ends up looking like an entourage of desperate people who had no or unappealing options and now get weighed down by The Implication. One thing that should help alleviate that are ship mechanics that actually demand some skilled help so it doesn't feel so much like there are air quotes around any crew position that the waifus supposedly have. Off down the road (when there are more available and some things like official positions get worked out) it might even be a good idea to have some obstacles in questlines that call for a particular type of crewmate's touch. Since the combat's mostly going to be solo justifying the presence of a crew would def. make it feel like the PC is actually hiring people to do something.

Ormael

Aug 27, 2015
Heh Slutty Penny version getting on lead form yesterday 2nd spot. Maybe new alt P1 will get somehow higher too xD

On neowaifuism I think quest dragging over 3-5 mian storyline planets is a min must to stop this plague (of neowaifuism) :catte:

shadefalcon

Oct 13, 2015
This is a close race, much like the great election of 2016.
I´m so glad Saendra won over Sera :D

Of the high rankers I´d honestly prefer to see Emmy becoming part of the crew, seeing as the odds of Penny becoming a crewmember later anyway is pretty high.

Ormael

Aug 27, 2015
Tbh Penny is lil cheater cuz she got either cumslut or normal crewmemebr recruit path that are on pool. But...In the end I picked alt P1. Reason is simple...there is 1-2 or two possible waify planned there from some of good writeres so all their missing now is actual planet to place their creations. So picking planet may be more than one crew member in the end. Even if Penny or Emmy crewmember quest is also tempting...

Jk I really interested how would that Deathclaw waifu looks like but she atm not have place to be placed on :(

balitz Method

Aug 13, 2016
Lipstick on a lizard, obvs.

Seeing previews for that American Idol With Animals People Still Like That Right movie and noticing that they actually did it cracked me up. I have to wonder if it was supposed to be an in-joke or if they were that lacking in creativity.

TheInfamousImmortal

Aug 27, 2015
Hey @Fenoxo I always wondered, is there going to be another way to make Penny a herm that doesn't involve her turning into a cumslut or giving her a disproportionately huge penis?

balitz Method

Aug 13, 2016
Taking one dose of throbb gives her a normal-sized dong. As far as her expansion content goes that's also the mildest of the effects. Since the cumslut expansion was what the person who wrote it wanted to see (and it ended up equaling her "normal" content) a lot of Penny content is gated behind turning her into a drooling invalid.

Emerald

Jun 8, 2016
a lot of Penny content is gated behind turning her into a drooling invalid.
I'm pretty sure it's only 3 sex scenes that are locked behind that requirement, most of her other sex scenes just require her having a dick.
Though regarding the poll, if we're gonna get her cumslut variant, it'd be nice to get her normal self as a crew member as well for those that don't like that sort of content yet still wanna recruit her.

Reactions: Brock

Ethereal Dragon

Aug 28, 2015
You could give her a horsecock that you find on Tarkus.

See I think they want to avoid the 'giving her a disproportionately huge penis' I mean I think giving that to her makes her automatically get a 16 or 18 inch horse dong.

Nik_van_Rijn

Sep 10, 2015
Moscow, RF
Better question:

Why ain't Shekka at the top of that poll?
IKR?

She is a lovely, lively, fun-loving, cheeky-yet-cute shortstack; pure female with petite tits, nice ass, child-bearing hips and oh-so cozy big ears.
She is working hard to secure her people a better future. Ruskvels are fucked atm and that simply won't do.
She is our lead to tearing Beth Carter a new one.
She has mad skillz in gadgeteering and repair. So much so, that I believe in her ability to create some crazy thingamagig that will make Techies not suck. Exercising those skills make her feel incredibly good, and (in my headcanon) her talents can be stimulated through sex - so much potential there.

Seriously, I've rarely been so disappointing with the outcome of any poll.:catstare:

HugsAlright

Pets'R'Us
Creator
Jul 11, 2016
IKR?

She is a lovely, lively, fun-loving, cheeky-yet-cute shortstack; pure female with petite tits, nice ass, child-bearing hips and oh-so cozy big ears.
She is working hard to secure her people a better future. Ruskvels are fucked atm and that simply won't do.
She has mad skillz in gadgeteering and repair. So much so, that I believe in her ability to create some crazy thingamagig that will make Techies not suck. Exercising those skills make her feel incredibly good, and (in my headcanon) her talents can be stimulated through sex - so much potential there.

Seriously, I've rarely been so disappointing with the outcome of any poll.:catstare:

Nooooo, let's get the mind-broken, heavily indebted anthro-fox on our ship.

Laaaaaaaaaaaaame.

djunk101

Oct 6, 2015
IKR?

It's probably because she has very little content compared to the leaders in the poll, and as such isn't given as much of opportunity to leave an impression. It doesn't help that there's a wait time between being able to see her talk options. I mean, I like her as a character, but I don't think I've read all her dialogue more than once (I'm not even completely sure I've ever read it all), as I usually try to do something between each talk instead of resting several times, and I keep forgetting how far I've gotten. Basically, it's probably because of a lack of content and a lack of availability to what content she has.

Nik_van_Rijn

Sep 10, 2015
Moscow, RF
First, let's not mind-brake the fox-girl. Secondly, Penny is def. someone I want on my ship, and her taking two out of the first three places in the poll actually prevented it from feeling like a total disaster to me.

One thing that should help alleviate that are ship mechanics that actually demand some skilled help so it doesn't feel so much like there are air quotes around any crew position that the waifus supposedly have. Off down the road (when there are more available and some things like official positions get worked out) it might even be a good idea to have some obstacles in questlines that call for a particular type of crewmate's touch. Since the combat's mostly going to be solo justifying the presence of a crew would def. make it feel like the PC is actually hiring people to do something.
Bro, pay attention. Defined crew member roles that provide tangible benefits were stated, on multiple occasions, to be something devs lean strongly towards, particularly when it comes ship combat.

Ethereal Dragon

Aug 28, 2015
First, let's not mind-brake the fox-girl. Secondly, Penny is def. someone I want on my ship, and her taking two out of the first three places in the poll actually prevented it from feeling like a total disaster to me.

Bro, pay attention. Defined crew member roles that provide tangible benefits were stated, on multiple occasions, to be something devs lean strongly towards, particularly when it comes ship combat.

Dev's need to ADD ship combat first to the game, they we can FINALLY get rid of the freaking Winnebago ship we have current. God damn the thing is fucking cramped with the current amount of crew members. I swear... having to share my bed with 3 crew members is a bit uncomfortable... although not unpleasant :smuggo:

argenten

Sep 9, 2015

I have to agree with Nik here, Non broken Penny and Emmy are 2 of my top favs for the list. Hell, Shekka, Kiro, and Gianna would all be better then cumslut Penny. CS Penny just feels...wrong, a strong, determined woman turned into a....well, brainless cumslut. Feels like a waste when it's a character I like I suppose.

Karretch

Aug 26, 2015
I have to agree with Nik here, Non broken Penny and Emmy are 2 of my top favs for the list. Hell, Shekka, Kiro, and Gianna would all be better then cumslut Penny. CS Penny just feels...wrong, a strong, determined woman turned into a....well, brainless cumslut. Feels like a waste when it's a character I like I suppose.
While I don't like it either much, I don't see it as a waste. Everyone has a flaw, in this case Penny has wanted a dick for so long that she's so very tempted to use the highly illegal and addictive drug. The association of the throbb feel-good blended with her elation at finally having a penis in a way that heightens the addictive qualities. Thus we get CS Penny.

Also, she's not dumbed down, nor brainless, by any means, just fallen to her addiction to pleasure. While the efficiency of her job is debatable, she still performs it and at any time she can be talked out of it (last I knew).

MilitaryAaa

Aug 30, 2015

Laaaaaaaaaaaaame.

I want to know what the hell is she even gonna do? Seriously besides the sex scenes I can't see the value in a sex crazed penny on the ship. I don't exactly see engaging dialogue happening anytime soon.

Reactions: Brock