Ardia's change in character and Dzaan biology.

Wily Rodent

Sep 2, 2021
Since we never get any in depth analysis on the matter, as there is no way to turn Captain Steele into a Dzaan alpha, I've been curious about the hormones of Dzaan alphas. Do they have an innate compulsion to take care of their betas?
A cursory analysis of Ardia's and to a lesser degree Luca's interactions with the player does suggest so. Both start out very reluctant to take on a beta, but especially Ardia really grows into the role. So I wonder if there are some hormonal changes that take place in an Alpha when they have a beta to take care of.

Animefan666

Sep 6, 2020
As far as reluctance, according to the Codex, getting an outsider addicted is taboo. Forcefully doing so gets you exiled (Jasvalla's a bad Dzaan XD.) As for the other part, the larger the harem, the more power you have. Naturally, keeping them happy means keeping the power and beta's changing Alpha's isn't unheard of. It probably contributes to the lack of crime on their planet, as well. Basically, it's a societal norm that keeps the peace.

Savin

Master Analmander
Staff member
Aug 26, 2015
I wouldn't be surprised if that was the case, but there's no canonical indication that it is -- and personally I prefer it just being that Ardia has some character development in her relationship rather than it just being hormonal.