Ara Kei and the Bothrioc

TheLastLaugh

Dec 29, 2016
I was curious about a couple things:

1) How do you peak Ara Kei's interest enough to sleep with her?

2) Does anyone know where all this Bothrioc stuff is going? Personally I'd love to go track down other Quadommes in the depths of Myrellion and convincing them to join Ara Kei's campaign. Maybe tie into the water queen(s) in some way?

Nik_van_Rijn

Sep 10, 2015
Moscow, RF
I was curious about a couple things:

1) How do you peak Ara Kei's interest enough to sleep with her?

2) Does anyone know where all this Bothrioc stuff is going? Personally I'd love to go track down other Quadommes in the depths of Myrellion and convincing them to join Ara Kei's campaign. Maybe tie into the water queen(s) in some way?
First off - hey there, welcome to the Fenforum. :)

Now, to answer your questions:

1) You must finish the journey to becoming a complete, irreversible Eggslut (i.e. reach 100% addiction and get all the perks) for Ara Kei to finally agree to fuck your character silly. After all, she completely buys into the whole 'true eye opening experience' narrative she pushes, has a full harem already AND gets off hard on edging you all at the same time.

2) Currently, there are no detailed plans for expanding the Bothrioc, outside of maybe getting a Quadomme mob encounter, since it's at least 1/3 finished. As a side note, I think that making a (mini?)quest out of convincing them to help Ara out sounds like a solid idea.

Anyway, last time I checked Nonesuch, the adoptive creator of our glorious spider people overlords, is still taking pause in writing them as has a busy schedule for early 2017. Past then, there seem to be enough people willing to throw money at further Bothrioc projects that they have a good chance to eventually make it.

Last edited:

ham

Sep 2, 2015
A long, long time ago there was a document for a bothrioc crew member, who's attitude towards you would change as you become more and more egg sluted.

I think her name was "Inyana" or something.

Anyway, pretty sure she has been scrapped.

Reactions: Jongeedubs

Nonesuch

Scientist
Creator
Aug 27, 2015
1) Ara will bone you if you become 100% eggslutted. I think s/he's reasonably clear about that. Thanks to an extremely busy little period I am in currently I haven't been able to test the both content yet so I am currently unaware of how Gedan has technically set them up and therefore how many eggs it takes to reach the precipice, but presumably it's doable.

2) There was indeed more content planned, exactly as you describe: other quadommes were to be discoverable in the Deep Caves, and they could be persuaded to join Ara. However because of the sheer bulk of content that had to be included (and what was actually paid for), I had to leave that part out. The quadomme encounter is partially written however, and I'm hoping that it'll receive funding at some point so I can properly round the trap spiders off.

A long, long time ago there was a document for a bothrioc crew member, who's attitude towards you would change as you become more and more egg sluted.

I think her name was "Inyana" or something.

Anyway, pretty sure she has been scrapped.

This is correct. However Koda/Shax wrote nothing for her except a characteristically ambitious plan, so yeah.

hitoroki

Dec 17, 2016
2) There was indeed more content planned, exactly as you describe: other quadommes were to be discoverable in the Deep Caves, and they could be persuaded to join Ara. However because of the sheer bulk of content that had to be included (and what was actually paid for), I had to leave that part out. The quadomme encounter is partially written however, and I'm hoping that it'll receive funding at some point so I can properly round the trap spiders off.

How much is needed and how would we go about helping to fund those encounters?

Nonesuch

Scientist
Creator
Aug 27, 2015
How much is needed and how would we go about helping to fund those encounters?

Probably about 15k words to create some loss scenes, win scenes and a bad end for the quadomme mob plus pursuing some, ahem, diplomacy for Ara. I'd be very happy to take that commission on, but unfortunately it will have to wait a fair while now. The backlog stretcheth.

ham

Sep 2, 2015
This is correct. However Koda/Shax wrote nothing for her except a characteristically ambitious plan, so yeah.

If you still have it, I wouldn't mind taking a peek at her base document.

Last edited:

Nonesuch

Scientist
Creator
Aug 27, 2015

Nik_van_Rijn

Sep 10, 2015
Moscow, RF
Well then, I stand corrected. I'm anxious to see what you have in mind for the negotiation process, especially when it comes to the extreme poles of possible PCs: super intelligent and willful on one hand and Bimbrutes on the other; and if Eggsluts will get their own version, I'm sure it will be pure hhhng.

Personally, as an avid lover of kawaii BS and sap, Inaya is what I'm interested in the most. But unlike ~15k you estimate is needed for finishing the Quadomme encounter, she would likely need to be huge to do her concept justice. Which means aiming for a period when you will get a window in your commissions schedule, not to mention forking a sizable amount of cash. Still, it's something pretty high up there on my 2017 to-do list.

BTW, does you glossing over the other of OP's suggestions mean that you don't think that tying up Bothriocs with Queen of the Deep content can be a worthwhile idea?

Noob Salad

Captain Shitpost
Aug 26, 2015
tfw other people commission your interests

Nonesuch

Scientist
Creator
Aug 27, 2015
BTW, does you glossing over the other of OP's suggestions mean that you don't think that tying up Bothriocs with Queen of the Deep content can be a worthwhile idea?

I've no idea what I'd do with that.

Arhon

Jun 22, 2016
How do you become an eggslut? wiki doesnt have a thing about it and i cant find anything about Ara-Kei in wiki.

Is it backers only until it goes to public release?

TheDevilYouKnow

Oct 21, 2015
How do you become an eggslut? wiki doesnt have a thing about it and i cant find anything about Ara-Kei in wiki.

Is it backers only until it goes to public release?

Yep, backers only at the moment. When it goes public you just need to get egged by the bothrioc mobs in the deep caves a few times.

Karretch

Aug 26, 2015
Question: Has anyone noticed/tested if it's a permanent counter (egged X times) or if the "addiction" decreases over time up to a point?

Nik_van_Rijn

Sep 10, 2015
Moscow, RF
Question: Has anyone noticed/tested if it's a permanent counter (egged X times) or if the "addiction" decreases over time up to a point?
Cab't test until a public build but here is the excerpt from the doc:

If not egged, addiction drops by 1-3 points every 20 hours. Once over 50, addiction can only drop to 50. Once at 100, locked.

Gedan

BUTTS BUTTS BUTTS
Staff member
Aug 26, 2015
1) Ara will bone you if you become 100% eggslutted. I think s/he's reasonably clear about that. Thanks to an extremely busy little period I am in currently I haven't been able to test the both content yet so I am currently unaware of how Gedan has technically set them up and therefore how many eggs it takes to reach the precipice, but presumably it's doable.

From testing it it worked out to you gaining around about 12-15% addiction from each pregnancy, so by the time you got another one in you, you'd have dropped to about 10-13% or thereabouts. This goes faster the more you host at the same time and it feels like it ended up at a good clip if you end up butt-egged and vag-egged at the same time- you'll pretty much get a new set of Ara's various messages every time. (Spoiler: I spent a lot of time trying to make sure the pregnancy didn't blow up and only minor effort by comparison testing the rest to ensure multipreg would work well and all the effects could fire off correctly).

Gedan

BUTTS BUTTS BUTTS
Staff member
Aug 26, 2015

Paraphrasing what I remember coding:

Addiction drops 2-6 points every day iirc (doc spec'd like 1-3 every 10 hours but thats kind of annoying, so I rounded it up a bit and did it on a per-day basis).
Once you hit 50, you can't drop back below it through natural reduction. I can't remember if Curdson should take you below it or whatever, I know I coded the item I just have no recollection of what I made it do :ghost:. Once you hit 100 you can't drop at all.
Each eggnancy roughly adds 12-15 addiction over its duration whilst below 50%. Above 50% you get an additional set of effects that add more addiction each so it probably works out to 15-20. Each eggnancy also adds addiction independently, so if you get 2 at the same time, you'll get 24-30.
Whilst eggnant addiction won't drop. I can't remember if I added an extension to that post-pregnancy. I think I might have not done and just relied on the fact that you will, on average, have like 12 hours after a pregnancy ends before the next day rolls around thus hitting the next potential addiction drop anyway.

Nonesuch

Scientist
Creator
Aug 27, 2015
Paraphrasing what I remember coding:

Is it possible you could add a counter for addiction in personal stats? It would make it a lot easier to track and adjudge for balancing.

Reactions: Arhon

Karretch

Aug 26, 2015
Seems a bit odd that you get hard locked (with tiers at that) when it says in the codex bothrioc aren't forever locked into a role given time and advantage, but that's just nitpicking on my end.

hitoroki

Dec 17, 2016
Seems a bit odd that you get hard locked (with tiers at that) when it says in the codex bothrioc aren't forever locked into a role given time and advantage, but that's just nitpicking on my end.

It's a fair point if you ask me but could probably be argued that since you're not bothrioc you can't change your role. Now if there were a bothrioc tf...

Karretch

Aug 26, 2015
Maybe it does all come down to alien biology, but it doesn't come across as a solely bothrioc thing to overcome. They don't reduce their own affects by being dominant, just by not being submissive (if I'm recalling correctly).

Jacques00

Administrator
Aug 26, 2015
Is it possible you could add a counter for addiction in personal stats? It would make it a lot easier to track and adjudge for balancing.
I think I put it in the "Log" section of the codex--under Myrellion--similar to how I did for Red Myr Venom.

Nonesuch

Scientist
Creator
Aug 27, 2015

This is largely a gameplay over lore issue. I believe Koda put in the 50 and 100 locks so that a) you weren't constantly having to get egged in order to maintain your addiction levels and access later content, and b) there is a frission of danger involved in meddling with them, which I always think is good to have with this kind of hard submissive content.

I think reading that part of the codex as only applicable to bothrioc, who are naturally used to the effect the oil has and probably have some sort of chemical resistance to it, is sensible.

Nik_van_Rijn

Sep 10, 2015
Moscow, RF
I think reading that part of the codex as only applicable to bothrioc, who are naturally used to the effect the oil has and probably have some sort of chemical resistance to it, is sensible.

Actually, Bothriocs aren't immune to getting the exact same permanent mental changes the PC currently experiences.
While the psychoaffective payload’s effects are not inherently permanent, they are self-reinforcing and will eventually achieve permanence within the subject’s mind on repeated or intense exposure. The end result of this, easily observable among the harems of dominatrix bothrioc, is an extremely carefree and happy state of mind, resulting in low willpower and high libido. Many have assumed that this results in intelligence loss, however when sufficiently invested in something the submissives have tested to have mental faculties within the standard deviations of their species and notably some geniuses.Their altered state of mind does, on occasion, result in such a disconnect from usual affairs that the subjects become less capable of understanding someone who is not motivated by sex. Additionally, their speech becomes peppered with frequent vocalized pauses to collect their thoughts as well as a changing vocabulary reflecting their general pleasure with life and lack of desire to be serious or be particularly invested in matters most would consider important.

What Bothrioc do have is an effective in-built mechanism used to counter the decrease in egg production.

Hormonally, bothrioc reproductive oil carries many oestrogen and progesterone analogues, which in most species will have a feminizing effect as well as an uptick in sex drive due to a more minute amount of testosterone. In a technically-genderless species like bothrioc, there is little to no effect on secondary sexual characteristics, but instead these hormones serve as a trigger to reduce egg production and increase slime production within their ovipositing abdomens. As such, a repeated submissive is pushed further and further into the fertilizing role and becomes less and less effective when ovipositing. The hormones used in egg production, however, are self-reinforcing. A bothrioc who has reason to produce more eggs, for example, having deposited them or having had them deteriorate, will experience a mild increase in egg production. As such, a dominant bothrioc will eventually produce vast amounts of eggs, but a submissive bothrioc is not eternally caught on the submissive side if they seek to change.
Which means that, ideally, if the bothrioc TF will ever get into the game with oviposition in tact, there would be a system tacking those changes.
But since you are currently dead set on not making ovi-lovers completely happy by allowing us to become glorious spider people and I don't have money for throwing at you, it's a problem for another time. :p

Arhon

Jun 22, 2016
I think I put it in the "Log" section of the codex--under Myrellion--similar to how I did for Red Myr Venom.
Oh i totally did not know about that.

EDIT: That said is it normal to have -168% Bothrioc Hormone Level? because it goes down seriously slow.

Last edited: