Appreciation Thread: CoC is love. CoC is life.

bumblebeetle

Oct 23, 2016
I'm so impressed with CoC that I made an account here just to post this.

So my first impression of CoC was that it was just gonna be another typical shameful fap (impressive in itself, consider how hard it is to get a shameful fap nowadays). But as I started playing, that opinion changed ENTIRELY.
I can't believe i'm actually saying this, but yesterday I just beat the game (cleared Lethice's Lair) and I must say the game is WAY more well written and has so much more content than I have ever expected. The whole concept and the whole game is so completely ridiculous and yet makes sense in the most twisted as possible way - I can't even imagine the amount of work that must have gone into creating this nonsensical and deranged universe. A lot of the characters are caricatures of what seem to be really just normal perspectives. I at times found myself amused with the insanity of characters like Shouldra, Marble and the Fap Arena contrasted to the almost-realistic insecurities of characters like Arian, Katherine, Urta, Sheila etc.

I find myself wondering if I "know" a Shouldra in real life, sex crazed maniac finding new novel ways to get laid or have sexual experiences. Yet at the same time I end up laughing at how ridiculous Shouldra is.
I find myself wondering if I ever acted like Arian, ever so eager to please in my younger days of dating. 

If it wasn't ridiculously sexualized, i'm pretty sure it would be a masterpiece. Let me correct that, it IS a masterpiece. (Albeit an unseen one. Much like my genitals for most of my teenage years) For all the half-baked storylines/character designs like Ember, there are also ridiculously well fleshed out stories which I would have never expected to find in a budgetless text based game. Freed of the shackles of being politically correct, it almost feels like the writers were able to flesh out characters which were actually real.

More important than anything, it has really given me tons of insight into the sliding scale of sexuality. I was never a furry guy and have always considered myself a relatively straight male. But the more I delved into this game the more I realized the whole sexual identity thing was largely pointless. You could be a 3.7 foot imp herm with 15 penises or an 11 foot centaur-harpy giantess with 7 tits and it wouldn't even fucking matter. Somewhere out there in the insanity that is Mareth there is someone who for some reason or another, through coercion or goodwill is willing to grow a dick to fuck you in the butthole. And the more I played the game, the more I realized that a majority of characters who weren't assholes generally didn't care so much about what your character was, but instead cared about what your character did. Obviously the real world is a shittier place with people far more judgemental than a Herm Cat-Morph with a dog-wang, and far more Kelt's than necessary (1 is way more than necessary), but it also gave me a message on what kind of person I want to be.

I have no idea what insanity possessed you guys to make this game, but know that you have won a fan in me. I know I will never be able to say this in public to people I know (I'd be judged all the way to Pluto and back if I ever asked them to try a sex laden text based game), but there's an incredible amount of humanity (and lots of other things as well) oozing from this game, and the very least I can do is applaud your efforts. Huge props to both the people who worked on the game as well as the revamp mod. (that was the version i played) You guys have created a unique experience that in my years of furious gaming, fucking and fapping have yet to find anywhere else.

Lastly, but not least...
It's great to fap to.

Last edited by a moderator:

shadefalcon

Oct 13, 2015
- Lots of nice words and CoC praising

If you haven't tried out TiTS you should, it's still a work in progress, but it already has a lot of content of and is a sort of spiritual successor to CoC. It's a lot more polished than CoC, with better gameplay and a bigger universe. Of course the enjoyment of this game may depend on whether or not you are a sci fi fan or not.

But this is a CoC appreciation thread, so I'll stop there :p

I love(d) CoC too, it's a nice fantasy universe, with good writing and interesting characters, even though some of them were flawed and unfinished. I like the clear borders between light and dark, where a player can play as mr. nice guy helping any people in need, or be evil and corrupt, enslave and bimbofy people. Of course you could also be a mix of the two.

And it had tentacles, I miss those...Here's hoping for tentacle cocks, besides using galomax pills, for TiTS in the future. Knotted tentacke dicks, I'm waiting for you~

Shido

Aug 28, 2015
I nearly spit out my coffee when I read and saw this. I was bored out of my mind yesterday and decided to sit down and create a brand new character.

It's funny from how long I have played CoC and always waited for updates to now go back and play it all over again after such a while. It almost feels like a brand new experience. I am finding myself taking my time and re exploring the entirety of the game.

I am honestly surprised at myself at how much I fapped to some of the old scenes and thinking back. If it wasn't for me finding this game and watching the writers grow (and coders) I would probably have never entered in this community. I know I have expressed my love for this game countless times on the old forums, but I would like all the writers to know rather they are still around or not. That I love you guys and love your work. Watching little to unknown names within this community grow and expand at their art has been both an honor and a privilege.

What makes it all the better is that a large majority of the writers and coders are still here and still doing amazing work. From CoC to FoE and TiTs. I love you guys and I want you all to know I appreciate the shit you all go through to bring us this faptastic community that we are today. ^.^

Last edited by a moderator:

JimboJizzim

Nov 11, 2016
Florida, USA
Oh man, these games turned me I to Carl from aqua teen. I'm so desensitized that I need some real crazy shit to get off!

But no, seriously. It's pretty damn good and well written, especially if you take a pure play through and compare how different it is to a corrupt play through is astounding.