Anyone who has played this on a Steamdeck, help me out.

Lucky_I

May 29, 2021
I'm bashing my head against a fucking brick wall. Like this game does NOT play friendly with the steam deck cause I can't for the life either find where saves are located or import/export save files either cause the windows that pops up when doing so fucking sucks. Like I'm trying to get the save I have on android to my steamdeck so I can play there as well and I had no problem doing vice versa back when Zhara started hanging out at the Wayfort. So if anyone can help me out, I'd appreciate it.

Lucky_I

May 29, 2021
Save game on android, email to self, copy to steam deck desktop, load save file via the save menu is how i did it
Yeah so I did all of that but it isn't showing up.

Attachments

• 20241024_175540.jpg
    20241024_175540.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 8
  • 20241024_175758.jpg
    20241024_175758.jpg
    3.8 MB · Views: 8

Tarnakus

Oct 31, 2020
Tbh photos are strange - strange as you should see the file on desktop in the second one - I would try to put save file to other directory (not desktop) on steam deck and check again. CoC2 savefiles are simple text files (the ones from save to file) - there shouldn't be any compatibility problems.

Other option - use PC and pc version of coc2 - and then cloud save.

Last edited:
Reactions: Lucky_I

Lucky_I

May 29, 2021
Tbh photos are strange - strange as you should see the file on desktop in the second one - I would try to put save file to other directory (not desktop) on steam deck and check again. CoC2 savefiles are simple text files (the ones from save to file) - there shouldn't be any compatibility problems.

Other option - use PC and pc version of coc2 - and then cloud save.
So here's the deal, the only time I've seen the save file when trying to load it is when it's in the trash. It's REALLY fucking weird.

Tarnakus

Oct 31, 2020
My guess would be Steam Deck os blocks strange extensions files. What you can try is to change the extension - I don't know how to do it on steam deck but on Windows pc just right click delete coc2 after the dot and add txt. It will warn you but in reality nothing should happen to file - maybe this one will be visible in the picker.

I checked game can load save file with extensions of .txt.

Reactions: Lucky_I

Lucky_I

May 29, 2021
My guess would be Steam Deck os blocks strange extensions files. What you can try is to change the extension - I don't know how to do it on steam deck but on Windows pc just right click delete coc2 after the dot and add txt. It will warn you but in reality nothing should happen to file - maybe this one will be visible in the picker.

I checked game can load save file with extensions of .txt.
Unfortunately that didn't help either. So I'm going to post this question on the CoC2 steam forum and see if I can get some help there. And if that goes nowhere, then I'll just cut my losses and stick with the mobile version until the game finishes.