anyone know of good free simulation games?

Keet

Jun 15, 2018
Oklahoma
I just had to get the "legacy edition" of The Sims 4 and i'm really bummed out by what a nightmare its been to try getting everything moved from the regular game to that and finding out that it barely even runs on my computer anyway? It used to lag some sure but this has been so much worse and I've had to try to move files to new files and long story shorter,trying to just be able to play my game again has been a huge bummer. I know this might not be the best community to ask for something that isn't exactly adult but a lot of people here seem to have enjoyed Mass Effect so I'm just hoping someone at least knows of some browser games that would be fun. Not expecting a good replacement just wanting something to keep my attention and feel less..emotionally exhausted I guess??

A Random Guy

Sep 13, 2015
Ouch, I feel your pain man, the sims 4 was massively disappointing to me and it only hurts more seeing how much of a paid dlc ridden mess it currently is. I haven’t been able to find a sim game that is both free and good but Stardew Valley is a dirt cheap alternative, most sim games can’t keep my attention because I’m an impatient bastard but I’ve easily sunk 200+ hours into this game. It’s $15 on steam and $8 on Android and iOS.

Reactions: Keet

Keet

Jun 15, 2018
Oklahoma
I do actually have stardew on PS4! It is pretty fun so maybe I should try getting back into it?
I only really had a few of the older gamepacks and none of the newest ones interested me much, the legacy edition is terrible and somehow not entirely compatible with my computer so either way I can barely run the game,which felt pretty devastating last night because of how much time and effort I'd put into it. I was finally figuring out how to build things myself!

HeroicSpirit

Aug 22, 2019
Dwarf Fortress is an option, if a pretty hardcore one.

However, it also look like this:
dwf5.png
So if you want something with graphics of any sort, this is not the game for you.

Narmlet

Mar 8, 2019
Dwarf Fortress is an option, if a pretty hardcore one.

However, it also look like this:
dwf5.png
So if you want something with graphics of any sort, this is not the game for you.
Well 'ey, they updated the graphics for the Steam version so ya know.

TheDarkMaster

Creator
Aug 28, 2015
You can download a tileset that replaces the default ascii with art. In fact, the Lazy Newb Pack installer comes with several included, and that's the recommended way to get and run the game these days. I'd say that a far larger problem is the horrid interface consisting of only hotkeys and menus within menus that you have to navigate with keyboard controls.

If you are thinking of playing the game, try watching someone let's play it for a bit first. Kruggsmash is a great option even if you don't want to play the game.

HeroicSpirit

Aug 22, 2019
You can download a tileset that replaces the default ascii with art. In fact, the Lazy Newb Pack installer comes with several included, and that's the recommended way to get and run the game these days. I'd say that a far larger problem is the horrid interface consisting of only hotkeys and menus within menus that you have to navigate with keyboard controls.

If you are thinking of playing the game, try watching someone let's play it for a bit first. Kruggsmash is a great option even if you don't want to play the game.
What about Vinesauce Joel’s stream?
[Warning: Audio Errors at the start]