Any interest in cosmetics?

Status
Not open for further replies.

NotYouNorI

Aug 26, 2015
Sure thing. I see there's no convincing you. Going with the momentum of the thread doesn't make you right.

Same deal. Also not constructive whatsoever. Etis's points were not constructive and were only the result of him nitpicking. His only points were:

"It's TECHNICALLY a TF if we count this: ... "

"You aren't using the correct word for the variables we use to store player attributes so therefore you don't know what you're talking about."

"You're lazy for pitching an idea in the ideas subforum with hopes that it might be picked up by someone else."

Right or wrong? I've been waiting for someone to do something other than slander me for standing up for myself.
The only person slandering you here is you.

Wow, just sit there and take it. That's your suggestion?
No, my suggestion is you don't even give it a time of the day, let alone "take" it.

This community is nastier in more ways than one if someone can't post an idea in an idea subforum and not get jumped on.
Says the person forbidding others to post things you don't like on a thread you made.

Alexa

Aug 30, 2015
Isn't my new raccoon avatar adorable?

--- BEGIN NOOBSALEH ---

You deserve to be attacked. Not at all because you keep trying to pass off vague thoughts as a so called "idea", but because you're an asshole.
How humanitarian of you. I'm sure you hate the stop bullying campaigns.

you're an asshole.
Subjective.
latest

52.jpg

vague thoughts as a so called "idea"
4ff2f295f9334eecb3419b2f9750d81b.png

A pocket dictionary might help if it was too much effort to Google the word you were using. Maybe smear the pages in Cheeto dust to give yourself some motivation to flip the pages.

refer to me as Captain* Hardass.
Was referring to Couch and Etis. You're starting to fit the description, though.

I don't owe you shit, let alone that satisfaction.
Alright then. This post wasn't about you.

Fuck off.
Just FYI, this is a public forum and you have no authority or right to "shoo" somebody away from a thread.
You need to take up NotYouNorl on that. I'm sure he'll probably just ignore you, though, since I'm the target of this lynching.

---END NOOBSALEH---

---BEGIN NOTYOUNORL---

Says the person forbidding others to post things you don't like on a thread you made.

I like to think of a thread as a house. The owner of which will probably be reasonable if you voice your opinions in a neutral way instead of intentionally trying to be abrasive to fulfill whatever hormone-fueled illusion of masculinity you have. Chances are you if you start acting like a hardass in someone's house, that person is going to ask you to leave. That's me. Asking Etis to leave.

---END NOTYOUNORL--

--BEGIN ETIS--

*masked insults*

I thought we were done here?

And that's what I've talked about. There was a post #54 with explanation what is ideas forum and what is it for, but you've totally ignored it.
" for two joint purposes; first, throwing shit at the wall by a bunch of people who have no actual desire to go through with it and write it themselves." I don't really need to explain this if you're as smart as you make yourself out to be.
It is totally not second since you've admitted that you don't want to write a shit.
You're right.

It's actually the first one.

Tossing in some smart word does not make you look smart.
Or maybe that's just how I talk, because I went to school and passed my English classes.

rejecting any actual ideas
I don't actually see any of those here. Mind quoting one so I can dismantle it?
--END ETIS--

Last edited:

Etis

Creator
Aug 26, 2015
Or maybe that's just how I talk, because I went to school.
I've suspected it, but you really shouldn't admit it. It is an adult content forum, you should graduate first.

I don't actually see any of those here. Mind quoting that?
This. Because it is how shit is actually made here. But you still insisted that you need some unarticulated "framework" for some unarticulated reason. To mentally challenged kids, slow and on the items: this idea meets the definition of the transformative. Therefore it should be written as the transformative. Writing transformatives has an established workflow and only requires things I've listed.

Reactions: PyrateHyena

Alexa

Aug 30, 2015
framework
that you need some unarticulated "framework"
Sounds like you too need a visit from our friend Google!

06ae521fa4af413d8412355313469d86.png

Where the flags/variables/fields that represent the cosmetics are the framework and all the shit you were suggesting would be built on top of it by other people.

I then proceeded to explain seven times the way the issues you mentioned could be remedied.

I got a childhood friend of yours to help you figure out how many times you contradicted what you just said!

TF creators can use it to allow people to access traits of their TFs without having to use the actual item.
latest

There are no scenes needed until cosmetics and a cosmetic vender are added to the framework.
cq5dam.web.1280.1280.png

Also, the content is already written. It's in the TFs.
As I have said countless times before, this is a way for people to get certain features from TFs without having to take the respective items.
latest

epurpose the text of certain TFs to work as cosmetics. Later, TF creators can make specific cosmetic scenes if they so choose
maxresdefault.jpg

Not for already in place TFs. More or less you can just copy the descriptions that have been written. It's also a cheaper option so you don't have to break the bank to get a cute Nuki mask
latest

He is also trying to say that content needs to be written for it, which is true, but that point is irrelevant as appearance descriptions can be taken from the TFs the cosmetics emulate and Ceria is already written. There just needs to be an action scene for when Ceria applies the cosmetics, which would be simple because it's just a blurb where Ceria works her magic.
latest

already existed in current TFs
latest

There are arguments. You are just ignoring them.

hypocrisy_meter.jpg

Last edited:

Etis

Creator
Aug 26, 2015

Where the flags/variables/fields that represent the cosmetics are the framework and all the shit you were suggesting would be built on top of it by other people.
The problem is - you are trying to suggest technical implementation for a thing you have no idea how is working internally. And failing miserably. That's why writers guidelines are explicitly recommending NOT to code your shit yourself.

NotYouNorI

Aug 26, 2015
I like to think of a thread as a house.
That's where you are completely wrong. This is an internet forum, (just as the ancient roman thing) it is a public place where you go to discuss things. Making a "thread" is you stepping on a soapbox and and suggesting a topic. If anybody owns this, it's Fenoxo, since it IS his forum. Therefore, it's also HIS rules. Which you are refusing to follow.

The owner of which will probably be reasonable if you voice your opinions in a neutral way instead of intentionally trying to be abrasive to fulfill whatever hormone-fueled illusion of masculinity you have.
I had my suspicions with all the assertions, baseless assumptions, dictionary quoting when it suits you and all the projecting you did, but now that you are attempting to make this a genders thing with this specific assertion, I am fairly certain what you are...

You are going to accuse me of "mansplaining" next, aren't you?

Last edited:

Gedan

BUTTS BUTTS BUTTS
Staff member
Aug 26, 2015
@Couch

The effort of starting a thread with an original word count of under 50 is dwarfed by that of writing cosmetics. Most of the cosmetic content is also already written in the form of TFs. It's basically copy paste for appearance descriptions.

The point of this thread was to hopefully get some "yes" and "no" responses. If people wanted it, they'd say yes, and with that idea in mind, they may very well ask for it. Savin, Fen, or Geddy could see the thread and say "Hm, seems like this would be worthwhile to pursue" and then implement some cosmetic flags and repurpose the text of certain TFs to work as cosmetics. Later, TF creators can make specific cosmetic scenes if they so choose. There is nothing there for me to write unless I make a TF.

Hence why I said it was a framework. There's not much more to it than "You now have a raccoon mask!", "Ceria goes to work on your (affected body area), applying a variety of pigments bla bla" and copy pasting the appearance descriptions from the Nuki TF, scene wise .

So if people want it (they do) it might get into the game without having to do the work myself. I'd like to see it, but I'm not fidgeting in anticipation.
On the "it's not worth making into a thread" angle, have you not seen noob's posts?

Most of this would exist in code and I'm not touching anybody's codebase but my own

Except you invoked the discussion with the word "cosmetics" which has specific implications. I suspect most of the first page's worth of replies were people operating under the assumption that what you meant was cosmetics like eye shadow, lipstick etc. You provided almost no actual detail, and then accelerated to 200 miles an hour trying to defend your precious 'idea'.

I just spent the first page of this thread getting subtly called a lazy dumbass and you decide it's appropriate to point that out to me?

Consider it a request that would be courteous to heed. You don't stick around and annoy someone unless you're a real dick.

You spent the first page of the thread posting non-content and then doubling down whenever anybody tried to squeeze any more details about just what you were even trying to post about.

Isn't my new raccoon avatar adorable?

--- BEGIN NOOBSALEH ---

How humanitarian of you. I'm sure you hate the stop bullying campaigns.

Subjective.
latest

52.jpg

4ff2f295f9334eecb3419b2f9750d81b.png

A pocket dictionary might help if it was too much effort to Google the word you were using. Maybe smear the pages in Cheeto dust to give yourself some motivation to flip the pages.

Was referring to Couch and Etis. You're starting to fit the description, though.

Alright then. This post wasn't about you.

You need to take up NotYouNorl on that. I'm sure he'll probably just ignore you, though, since I'm the target of this lynching.

---END NOOBSALEH---

---BEGIN NOTYOUNORL---

I like to think of a thread as a house. The owner of which will probably be reasonable if you voice your opinions in a neutral way instead of intentionally trying to be abrasive to fulfill whatever hormone-fueled illusion of masculinity you have. Chances are you if you start acting like a hardass in someone's house, that person is going to ask you to leave. That's me. Asking Etis to leave.

---END NOTYOUNORL--

--BEGIN ETIS--

I thought we were done here?

" for two joint purposes; first, throwing shit at the wall by a bunch of people who have no actual desire to go through with it and write it themselves." I don't really need to explain this if you're as smart as you make yourself out to be.

You're right.

It's actually the first one.

Or maybe that's just how I talk, because I went to school and passed my English classes.

I don't actually see any of those here. Mind quoting one so I can dismantle it?
--END ETIS--

Sick banme post imo.

06ae521fa4af413d8412355313469d86.png

I then proceeded to explain seven times the way the issues you mentioned could be remedied.

Shame we already have items that can effectively do what you were trying to post in the first place, and we don't need a ~system~ to do it. This is why we want content-idea-posts, with some measure of actual effort put into them.

Gedan

BUTTS BUTTS BUTTS
Staff member
Aug 26, 2015
Am also Alexa.

Was not warned, not even mentioned by name.

What rule am I violating that hasn't been violated by everyone else?

I literally posted in the thread telling you and everybody else to knock it the shit off, and then you went full throttle.

Savin

Master Analmander
Staff member
Aug 26, 2015
Christ almighty.

Let the corpse of this thread serve as a reminder: The Ideas Subforum exists as a place to pitch concepts you intend to work on to the community, receive feedback and criticism on them, and then refine your ideas into a workable outline for the content you're going to be making.

Status
Not open for further replies.