Alypia's Content Corner

WolframL

Feb 12, 2020
D'awwwwww, that is adorable. Congrats on Serena moving into the coding pile, can't wait to see her whenever she's ready to play!

Reactions: Alypia

WolframL

Feb 12, 2020
Oh yes, about that first image that I forgot to comment on because I was too busy getting mushy over adorable elf babies. I love the art there and yeah, they did an amazing job with that and there's lots of details to go through. It looks vaguely Egyptian to my eye; are those 'manders making some kind of offering to a stylized Nareva?

Reactions: Alypia

Alypia

Apr 22, 2016
Ahhhh so cuuuuuute! That headband is precious <3

Congratulations on Serena gettin closer to being in =)
Thank you! Next onesie will be a hornet one, I think. Azzy would insist!
Oh yes, about that first image that I forgot to comment on because I was too busy getting mushy over adorable elf babies. I love the art there and yeah, they did an amazing job with that and there's lots of details to go through. It looks vaguely Egyptian to my eye; are those 'manders making some kind of offering to a stylized Nareva?
She's modeled after the women from the Ladies in Blue and Procession Frescoes from the Minoan ruins at Knossos; we felt that that was an appropriate artistic motif for southern Old Belhar. The intent was to leave it a little vague - is she a sort of human-form Nareva, a Belharan empress, a priestess, a noblewoman? We don't know exactly who the central woman in the Procession Frescoes was, either. Either way, she's clearly receiving tribute from both frost and fire manders there. And from the looks of that column Elena's examining, there are some magical secrets in these chambers...
Woo elf babies.. also congrats on Serena, cant wait to meet her in game once it's in.
Woo elf babies! And thank you! I hope y'all like her.

WolframL

Feb 12, 2020
Aaaahhhh! Just met her with Main and Bimbo Champs, so I got the noble scion reaction to the concept of public education and Sweet Bean variations (which are adorable). Lots and lots to unpack with all Serena's dialogue. And I wasn't expecting a discussion tyrian purple, or on garum preparation, or a callback to one of Ryn's Winter City scenes. And then I saw your warning tooltip when asking about the students. xD

And the discussion of foreshadowing has me thinking of some authors I can name who delight in it, but have to occasionally remind their readers that not everything they write is secretly setting something up for two hundred pages later. Aaaand then there's meeting the students, making Ryn blush at the heroic tale of rescuing the fair princess and Cait commenting that she's writing all of this down for posterity. I feel like I'm going to have to redo this a few times to see all the variety. That was amazingly sweet, and I still have to do the class scene with sweet bean and haven't even touched her sex content yet.

Oh, and I read the new codex entry too. Exploring ancient Belharan ruins for treasure-hunting... so, Elena's old job? :D

So yeah, amazing job all around and I have a feeling I'll be enjoying this for a long time to come.

Alypia

Apr 22, 2016
Ah, the sapphic cow teacher is here.
Not just sapphic! She has a few things to say to gentleman studs, too~! And I think I even had to account for cboys once or twice in there, even if the accounting was brief.
Aaaahhhh! Just met her with Main and Bimbo Champs, so I got the noble scion reaction to the concept of public education and Sweet Bean variations (which are adorable). Lots and lots to unpack with all Serena's dialogue. And I wasn't expecting a discussion tyrian purple, or on garum preparation, or a callback to one of Ryn's Winter City scenes. And then I saw your warning tooltip when asking about the students. xD

And the discussion of foreshadowing has me thinking of some authors I can name who delight in it, but have to occasionally remind their readers that not everything they write is secretly setting something up for two hundred pages later. Aaaand then there's meeting the students, making Ryn blush at the heroic tale of rescuing the fair princess and Cait commenting that she's writing all of this down for posterity. I feel like I'm going to have to redo this a few times to see all the variety. That was amazingly sweet, and I still have to do the class scene with sweet bean and haven't even touched her sex content yet.
:D :D :D

I'm so glad you're enjoying it! I think I'll hold off on posting the public version of the document until after Serena makes it to the public patch. Until then, keep exploring!

Bimbo Champ + Serena was just so so so much fun to write. They have the most wonderfully preshus relationship. And non-bimbo Champ was fun, too - I loved doing the teasing and the give and take!

I think Brint/Brie have the most interactions during Serena's talks, but of course everybody has a say in the visit to the lyceum - even Viviane, who isn't quite in the game yet! And then there's Arona, who...well.
Oh, and I read the new codex entry too. Exploring ancient Belharan ruins for treasure-hunting... so, Elena's old job? :D
Hee hee. More of a side gig! Academics who're behind on their thesis work do have to take extra jobs to keep their heads above water. All that said, I was actually thinking about Takahiro when I wrote that!

I took the opportunity to place Elena's home city of Marouka in the game's lore, too~!
So yeah, amazing job all around and I have a feeling I'll be enjoying this for a long time to come.
Oh wow. She's such a good bean, or as she likes to say, a good egg. Loved everything sbout her!
Awwww, thanks, guys!!

mikethor007

Jun 26, 2021
"and after excitedly sharing stories with them she confides in the Champion that the visit has awakened some mama instincts - a particularly salient comment if she is already a mother or is expecting."

Oh ho, I was very happy to have brought a pregnant Brienne to that event.

Maliz

Jun 19, 2019
Amazing work on Serena! I loved the classroom scene. The little cherry blossom addition to the cloak for Champions of Keros is so cool, too! Really adds a ton of life to Khor'minos.

sumdude3456

May 14, 2020
Holy SHIT you did a phenomenal job. That many background/stat variables, that many interactions with companions, that much dialogue and a kickass new purple cape (with its own set of variations) to boot? My socks are officially knocked off! I kept redoing the class visit, the wholesome sweetness from that whole scene was a wonderful surprise. Please keep writing for this game!

Alypia

Apr 22, 2016
Amazing work on Serena! I loved the classroom scene. The little cherry blossom addition to the cloak for Champions of Keros is so cool, too! Really adds a ton of life to Khor'minos.
Thank you very much! Those who bind their souls to another god or goddess might get a different brooch on their paludamentum!
Holy SHIT you did a phenomenal job. That many background/stat variables, that many interactions with companions, that much dialogue and a kickass new purple cape (with its own set of variations) to boot? My socks are officially knocked off! I kept redoing the class visit, the wholesome sweetness from that whole scene was a wonderful surprise. Please keep writing for this game!
Awwww, you're making me blush! I'm glad you liked it all so much. Don't worry - I don't have any plans to stop anytime soon~! :D

wery12345

Aug 1, 2021
I haven't the foggiest what the word at the end of the first part is, but your a big fan of covering all bases and I respect that.

Reactions: Lone Wolf115

Alypia

Apr 22, 2016
I haven't the foggiest what the word at the end of the first part is, but your a big fan of covering all bases and I respect that.
Hm? Not quite sure which word you mean. Regardless, thanks for the praise! I did have some fun accounting for the various godsworn - kitsune included. Serena has some special floof interacts in some of her sex scenes~!

Last edited:

sumgai

Jul 17, 2017
Hm? Not quite sure which word you mean.
The fancy word for military cloak :ghost:

Alypia is lit. Also, teaches literature.

PuppyPrincess

May 13, 2017
I've only just been able to play the latest build and Serena is so lovely! The Lyceum scenes were really cute with Ryn and I loved how well the personalities of the girls came across in their brief appearance.

Serena's bimbo variations were adorable, she's so sweet with the PC!

I adore your writing <3

Alypia

Apr 22, 2016
I had the very good fortune to get an art comm from the ever-awesome xtatoto! In Miss Serena's classroom, her actual students learn things like math, law, literature, and history. But when she's done for the day and all the children have left the building, she's got a different test to administer to someone special.
tato_serena_class_share.png
Paludamentum, that's the word I lack the knowledge of.
No reason you'd know it! It's a Latin word, refers to part of a Roman general's costume. Pretty much just assume it worked for the Romans the exact same way it's described as working for the Minoans in the game, and you're good!