Adding bellyrating to a nullpregnancy

TheVeridians

Dec 20, 2021
"Attempted to add bellyRating contribution to a null pregnancy."
This is the error message I get after passing some time, which I get cause these things are on a timer.
I'll include a save file, but I manually imported it from the flash version, because I'm lazy.

Attachments

• Athena (H) - 9Hrs 6Mins, 801 Days - Dhaal, Uond Ephine.json
    896.2 KB · Views: 3

Gedan

BUTTS BUTTS BUTTS
Staff member
Aug 26, 2015
Okay this is an interesting one. The crash is one of my intentional fatal log messages to catch weirdness. The weirdness here is that the pregnancy system is trying to add bellyRating to your player character but it can't find any pregnancy in progress on you, implying something somewhere has gone wrong.

What's gone wrong is that the pregnancy is actually in Sera, but the code implementing the pregnancy process is just forcefully trying to call the changes on the PC. Which has a lot of implications regarding the entire Sera pregnancy process. I believe right now you'd also get log messages implying that the PC is pregnant, even though you're not, and there's likely other stat changes being applied to the PC inappropriately.

I have pinged The Preg Man for a discussion about what to do. I know what I think we should do to fix it, but DZ is better versed in how most of the pregnancies are actually implemented so rather than digging in and figuring out all of the specifics for myself I can just pick his brains before I pull the trigger.

DrunkZombie

Apr 12, 2018
Minnesota, USA
I'll take a look. It is possible for both the PC and Sera to be pregnant, but the systems are independent. Both were working for years in AS version but perhaps something got messed up in the conversion.

DrunkZombie

Apr 12, 2018
Minnesota, USA
When you say manually imported from flash, what does that mean exactly? Just that you used the built in export process? When was the last time you played this save in the AS version? The reason I ask is this reminds me of an old bug on the AS system so I am wondering if this save is from that time period.

Edit: found the info on the old bug, it was may 2019. Any chance this save was from around then?

Last edited:

TheVeridians

Dec 20, 2021
When you say manually imported from flash, what does that mean exactly? Just that you used the built in export process? When was the last time you played this save in the AS version? The reason I ask is this reminds me of an old bug on the AS system so I am wondering if this save is from that time period.

Edit: found the info on the old bug, it was may 2019. Any chance this save was from around then?
The save file is from the last flash version and I converted the save file to .json in 2021.

Edit: As far as I can see in game the PC isn't pregnant.

Last edited:

DrunkZombie

Apr 12, 2018
Minnesota, USA
As far as I can tell there is no current bug that is creating this preg object on sera, so I am guessing this is a save from back when the bug did exist. What I am doing though is putting code in the save load logic to strip it out if it exist so it will not be a problem for people.

If you can't wait for that to go live, I have attached the save file you sent me with the sera preg removed. If you want to do it on a newer save I can give you the console commands to do it yourself, or just send it to me and I can do it.

Attachments

• Athena (H) - 9Hrs 6Mins, 801 Days - Dhaal, Uond Ephine.json
    898.7 KB · Views: 2
Last edited: