A second accessory slot?

AHornyPanda

Apr 5, 2017
Canada
I have been playing for a while now, and I'm starting to find a single accessory slot too constraining. It would be much better if we can an additional accessory. They do not give any combat buffs, as far as I know, and there is enough of them that you still have to pick and choose. So an extra one shouldn't break the game. But what do YOOOUU think?

Also, I am new here, so how do I submit an idea like this to the overlords.

Reactions: zelda_fan6284

RanmaChan

Mar 17, 2017
The Frozen North, Canada
I am new here myself, so I could be wrong, but you would submit it kinda like this I suppose. You post your idea, people debate it's merit, if it ends up sounding good it might catch their attention, or we can bring their attention to it.

I thought it did give buffs in a sense? Like the eye piece giving you an extra +2 to aim, etc?

Also, welcome to the forums!

AHornyPanda

Apr 5, 2017
Canada
Thanks!

So there was something that gave a pure combat buff, and I just remembered the combat drones as well.

So they can have a significant effect on combat, but still, most accessories are utility focused and it would be much better if we can use two.

Lancer

Nov 1, 2016
There are tons of accessories that give combat buffs, from the jetpack with +10 evasion, the combat drones, which boost damage (pitifully, but still), the Lightning Dust with +60% electricity resistance, etc. As such, I don't really like the idea of just having two accessory slots, it would get OP very quickly. I do think that, at the very least, drones should not take up the accessory slot. That limitation really hurts drone techs and makes it illogical for any other class to even think about drones.

Last edited:

AHornyPanda

Apr 5, 2017
Canada
Damn, maybe I should have tried every accessory available before speaking.

I like your idea too. Honestly, I'm all for any idea that would give the PC the ability to use more than one accessory.

Preacher

Nov 22, 2016
The most holiest of grounds
Rather than a second accessory slot the drones and whatever can be sent out to do stuff on the battlefield could be equipped in a sort of "command" slot. With the engineer class being the only one that can could use their accessory slot as a secondary command slot, and then only for small drones and not anything remotely alive. This could open up options for battle capable followers to be able to sent into the battlefield that they do with the fenrir drone or goo armor that is a follower or interact-able npc when on the ship but an item when in your inventory. It could also allow the other classes to be able to have a follower in the field system available to them. They could share the same health pool as you and as such there doesn't really need a lot to be changed in the current combat system.

I know that most of this has been said before but a man can dream, can't he?

Lancer

Nov 1, 2016
They could share the same health pool as you and as such there doesn't really need a lot to be changed in the current combat system.
Hahahaha

DKUR9Tk.png

Having drones share the same health pool as the PC would be a huge change to the current system, as they would have to function as companions, but instead of having their own health, steel from steele (lol I'm so funny), and have all of their own battle blurb text.

Reactions: Zavos

Zavos

May 7, 2016
I normally play techs, and i can say without a second thought that if i had a second nondedicated accessory slot i would not waste it on a drone or companion.

warning: tech balance rant ahead
Simply put, the cornerstone of combat companion damage is married to a whopping -64 shields, and offers a rather minor damage increase, which will be inactive half the time if you don't have a self powered drone equipped. As it has been previously proven that tech drones can kill frostwyrm, i won't say its not viable, but i will say its incredibly impractical.

If shield booster was baseline and shield tweaks was a lv2 chooseable perk, it would be a more even choice, but it isn't.

Better accessories
  • Sal. Longcoat/Lightning Duster
  • Explorer's Cloak (1 def, rando encounters down)
  • Light Jetpack (flat out upgrade over seigwulfe)
  • Flash Goggles (situational)

Last edited:
Reactions: Ormael

Ormael

Aug 27, 2015
I agree with Zav. Techs would still go for 2nd non drone items in this slot so only having slot for drone/combat pet would amke them not feel pain by using 1/2 slots for acc to use drone.

AHornyPanda

Apr 5, 2017
Canada
So I was obviously wrong when I said that they don't provide strong combat buffs. But I really dig the idea of drones/combat pets going into a separate slot.

So how do i submit this? in a PM to savin or fen? does it need a doc?

RanmaChan

Mar 17, 2017
The Frozen North, Canada
So I was obviously wrong when I said that they don't provide strong combat buffs. But I really dig the idea of drones/combat pets going into a separate slot.

Oh man, I have no idea how you would go about changing that sort of thing. I think that stuff is deep into the actual coding of the game.

Last edited:

AHornyPanda

Apr 5, 2017
Canada
It could be as simple as a copy paste and a few lines for the condition. But what do I know?

Lancer

Nov 1, 2016

Unfortunately Fen has long held anything that would buff techs or drones as completely unnecessary, and will never be implemented.

Unless we somehow manage to change his mind of course, but more intelligent people that I have been trying for years now, to no avail, so I don't see that as likely to happen.

Preacher

Nov 22, 2016
Time for a revolution comrades?! Let us overthrow the powers that be! *starts putting on face-paint*

You want to overthrow the devs? That'll be a quick way to end TiTS development, nothing stops the making of a game better than a pissed off dev. Of course you could just be joking.

Preacher

Nov 22, 2016

Noob Salad

Captain Shitpost
Aug 26, 2015
"Meh" factor.

Arhon

Jun 22, 2016
Would be nice if they added a special accessory that Tech only can use and they can slot only drones there.

That would at least open up more options in gearing as a Tech.

Ormael

Aug 27, 2015
For drones with existing version of drones that any class can use would be more natural to have jsut general drone slot with Techs been able "squeeze" more potential from each drone.