A Question About Emmy's Quest

Addla

Jun 27, 2016
I am attempting to obtain Emmy's Best Salamander Rifle and it is my understanding, as per the info from the wiki, that I need to have an aim stat equal to or greater than my physique stat in addition to gifting Picardine. My aim and physique are both 40, or 0/40/40 as the codex reports it. When I give her the Picardine however she gives me the improved Vamp Blade. Am I missing something here?

Beardstein

Mar 5, 2016
" Note: If Steele's physique quotient is equal to the reflex quotient, and Steele also has an affinity for physique, the prize will favor the melee weapon over the ranged weapon. "

From the wiki. You might have forgotten that you gave steele the affinity for physique. It not, then I gots no clue.

Last edited by a moderator:

Trogdor

Apr 10, 2016
I am attempting to obtain Emmy's Best Salamander Rifle and it is my understanding, as per the info from the wiki, that I need to have an aim stat equal to or greater than my physique stat in addition to gifting Picardine. My aim and physique are both 40, or 0/40/40 as the codex reports it. When I give her the Picardine however she gives me the improved Vamp Blade. Am I missing something here?

The improved vamp blade is probably a much better weapon to have anyway. Just sayin'.

Addla

Jun 27, 2016
" Note: If Steele's physique quotient is equal to the reflex quotient, and Steele also has an affinity for physique, the prize will favor the melee weapon over the ranged weapon. "

From the wiki. You might have forgotten that you gave steele the affinity for physique. It not, then I gots no clue.

That must be it, I have an affinity for physique. My bad. Thank you.

The improved vamp blade is probably a much better weapon to have anyway. Just sayin'.

How so? The shield draining effect affect does not seem all that great, though I could be mistaken on that.

Beardstein

Mar 5, 2016

How so? The shield draining effect affect does not seem all that great, though I could be mistaken on that.

Yea, I have greater Physique on my Steele anyway. I just chose the lava saber, as I prefer the extra shields, chance to burn, and extra evasion than the other three.

Trogdor

Apr 10, 2016

Maybe not, especially if you are ranged build, and obviously it only drains enemies that have shields. However, there are times when you are blinded or hit by a smoke grenade, where suddenly your ranged accuracy plummets. Or, the enemy has high ranged evasion (like cuntsnakes). And so in those cases it can be useful to help you survive while the status effect wears off.

Last edited by a moderator:

Addla

Jun 27, 2016
Yea, I have greater Physique on my Steele anyway. I just chose the lava saber, as I prefer the extra shields, chance to burn, and extra evasion than the other three.

That is what I went with, just gave her Kirkite when I realized I was not getting the rifle. Khan's Arc Caster seems to be a better ranged weapon anyhow.

Maybe not, especially if you are ranged build, and obviously it only drains enemies that have shields. However, there are times when you are blinded or hit by a smoke grenade, where suddenly your ranged accuracy plummets. Or, the enemy has high ranged evasion (like cuntsnakes). And so in those cases it can be useful to help you survive while the status effect wears off.

You may be totally right on it being the better choice. I messed around with the regular version and it did not seem game changing, though I know the effect is greater on the improved version. The reason I was going with the rifle is because I had specced towards ranged.

Trogdor

Apr 10, 2016
You may be totally right on it being the better choice. I messed around with the regular version and it did not seem game changing, though I know the effect is greater on the improved version. The reason I was going with the rifle is because I had specced towards ranged.

I'm pretty sure that, once you have second shot perk, the Secure MP will out-damage anything else in the game on average, even if you're a tech and your specialization is energy weapons, just because it will hit with its second attack so much more reliably than anything else in the game.

Addla

Jun 27, 2016
I'm pretty sure that, once you have second shot perk, the Secure MP will out-damage anything else in the game on average, even if you're a tech and your specialization is energy weapons, just because it will hit with its second attack so much more reliably than anything else in the game.

Does the MP itself fire multiple shots per round of combat or does it simply increase the chances of the you getting off the second shot from the perk?

Beardstein

Mar 5, 2016
That is what I went with, just gave her Kirkite when I realized I was not getting the rifle. Khan's Arc Caster seems to be a better ranged weapon anyhow.

I just got a regular salamander rifle, since it's just a little less damage and the crit chance doesn't bother me, I usually just use melee. And I can't get Khan's weapon since I helped Shade fight Kara, on my main Steele's. (i use multiple saves for different characters)

Etis

Creator
Aug 26, 2015

Technically, flurry has extra 45% chance to miss. So you'll get something like 33% (roughly) extra damage from SMP special. Khan's Arc Caster grants you just as much just from pure attack power. Just less reliable.

Addla

Jun 27, 2016
I just got a regular salamander rifle, since it's just a little less damage and the crit chance doesn't bother me, I usually just use melee. And I can't get Khan's weapon since I helped Shade fight Kara, on my main Steele's. (i use multiple saves for different characters)

If I do a run where I side with Shade I think I will grab the Best Salamander and a Vamp Blade. Right now I think the Improved Lava Saber and Khan's Arc Caster are pretty dang good.

Technically, flurry has extra 45% chance to miss. So you'll get something like 33% (roughly) extra damage from SMP special. Khan's Arc Caster grants you just as much just from pure attack power. Just less reliable.

By less reliable do you mean because of the chance of the second shot to miss?

Beardstein

Mar 5, 2016
If I do a run where I side with Shade I think I will grab the Best Salamander and a Vamp Blade. Right now I think the Improved Lava Saber and Khan's Arc Caster are pretty dang good.

By less reliable do you mean because of the chance of the second shot to miss?

I won't deny that, they're pretty great. I'm just locked from the caster.