A little evil question to the Writers:

Falken_Moonlight

Jul 18, 2022
Floof land
As sadistic as this is towards the Writers of CoC2 I gotta wonder.

How are their feelings towards Time travel? Even if there’s absolutely no chance of this ever happening

A1teros

Dec 23, 2021
As much as I love Steins Gate and FE Awakening after controlling for the standard anime bullshit, time travel is very difficult to pull off in a story unless the story is very explicitly designed around it and even then it's a coin toss. As far as CoC2 goes? Dracia and Lumia Quest are about as close to time travels as I figure would work in this story, you get to see the past but can't actually interfere with anything.

Reactions: Falken_Moonlight

Emerald

Jun 8, 2016
Not to diss any of the writers here (srsly not at all .-.), but if the game can't even keep things like the Champ persistent without people complaining how messy it gets then OH GOD NOT TIME TRAVEL.

It needs to be a story that's absolutely built around it and made sure everything fits together like a glove. Otherwise it'll have a whole slew of problems.

Reactions: Falken_Moonlight

Falken_Moonlight

Jul 18, 2022
Floof land
I hate time travel and times loops and multiverse shit. Blech.
Good. They more often than not invalidate every struggle, every lesson learned and every hardship during the quest only to simply “never happened and this time I win”. It’s cheap in my opinion.
Visions of the past are more effective and don’t have to worry about these things

Turnbridge

Mar 25, 2023
I tried doing a short story about time travel once for a writers group. It fast became about the existential horror of it even existing to begin with.
But yea, the time travel episodes in shows are my most skippable. I don't have a visceral hate for Alt-reality stories yet. But that kind of thing can get tired, fast!

Lucky_I

May 29, 2021
One of the worst things FF14 ever did was introduce time travel to the main story. When it was confined to the Alexander raid quests, it was dope cause it led to cool mechanics for the fight. And as interesting as the area said time travel introduced was, the quality of the story really nosedived. For fuck sakes, they had to put in a mcguffin that conviently induced time specified amnesia so your actions couldn't have major consequences as a result of said time travel. Shit was pretty stupid.

Number13

Aug 26, 2015
One of the worst things FF14 ever did was introduce time travel to the main story. When it was confined to the Alexander raid quests, it was dope cause it led to cool mechanics for the fight. And as interesting as the area said time travel introduced was, the quality of the story really nosedived. For fuck sakes, they had to put in a mcguffin that conviently induced time specified amnesia so your actions couldn't have major consequences as a result of said time travel. Shit was pretty stupid.
Thankfully no Time travel stuff is in FF16.....would not want the Bahamut fight invalidated. That was epic.

I hate time travel and times loops and multiverse shit. Blech.
Damn. There goes the COCverse.

sarvu2543

Jul 6, 2016
Time travel is a cancer upon writing.

The quality of any series is made worse by the addition of time travel to the plot, possibly even ones where time travel is the central concept of the story to begin with.
Fully agreed, the only series ive seen to do time travel good was Fate. Which technically isn't time travel and more of a time loop with how summoning heroes works.

Reactions: Bachcs48