2017 XXX-Mas contest Submission compil and ADVICES.

XBoxMaster131

Oct 18, 2016
Ugh. I've been staring at this thing for too long. It's not finished but after working on it, I can't even tell if it's any good anymore. Anyone mind telling me if it looks like it would be a good submission for the contest and, of course, and grammatical or tense edits I should make? https://docs.google.com/document/d/11c1hIT1TvZkBnYZPbo_gKEQ9z42FAH92h5eq2qkti4o/edit?usp=sharing
Seems to be alright. Not the most outstanding submission I've seen but still good.

Though the implied skinned Milodan thing is pretty disturbing. Self defense is one thing: it's something else entirely to flay another sentient creature, even if it's for survival.

As for the contest, it's not very "holiday" aside from the hot chocolate. You'd be much better off just making it a regular submission.

Spacestalin

Oct 21, 2017
Ugh. I've been staring at this thing for too long. It's not finished but after working on it, I can't even tell if it's any good anymore. Anyone mind telling me if it looks like it would be a good submission for the contest and, of course, and grammatical or tense edits I should make? https://docs.google.com/document/d/11c1hIT1TvZkBnYZPbo_gKEQ9z42FAH92h5eq2qkti4o/edit?usp=sharing

I mean, I like the idea, and I like the character. As an event it's a little bare bones, and I agree with XBoxMaster, it's not very Holiday-Themed. (But I have the exact same problem with the submission I'm working on, so I can't really say much)

Maybe Steele would have to find a certain item in another planet and give it to Vanir before he accepts to have sex? (make it something really common and cheap that nonetheless is special to him because he's never seen it before) It could be a sort of "gift exchange" where you give him the item and he gives you one of his trinkets, gift-wrapped of course.

Maybe Steele can offer to help him hunt for dinner? So maybe there's something like boars on the plains of Uveto you can help him hunt. There doesn't need to be any combat, just add in a few choices like "finish off the boar", "offer to carry it yourself" and so on, simple stuff that doesn't really changes much but gives the player something to do. Then with the boar he can make you a "special holiday dish" from his planet on this "special occasion", and then you add in the sex scenes you already have.

Just a few ideas to make it a tiny bit more holiday-themed.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1QDo7kgsepbOG9FL1esuv4mi8jsMRt55M4smxfCxzJAc/edit?usp=sharing
Sort of a mini-expac event for Yoma... Who's not even in game yet but shush.
Honestly considering just waiting and submitting it regularly after the competition, I doubt I'll finish it in four days.

Yeah, it has the same problem as Sparr's, it's just not very holiday-themed...

I think it has some potential, though.

Maybe have it so that you find him at Kally's Bar instead? There's a huge "pre-XXXMass" party going on, very loud and the place is packed, and you notice he's looking pretty uncomfortable. You have the option of chatting him up or enjoying the party by yourself. (this ends the event)

If you chat him up he mentions that he's there because he was feeling homesick, but that all the ruckus is making him uncomfortable instead and he was about to go. You can suggest to celebrate the holidays together in a more intimate environment, and *then* you go to Bunny's Buns and once there Elaria offers you her limited-time "eggless eggpunch" free of charge.

The drink is actually aphrodisiac since it's made with Kally's liquors, you and Yoma talk a bit about Christmas and how you can celebrate it loudly and in public like at Kally's or in a more homely setting, maybe add in a bit about how Steele never quite celebrated it because s/he had no one but Briget and so on, and after some time you're too affected by the aphrodisiacs and suggest for him to "open his present" back on the ship. Then you fuck.

It's not wildly Holiday-themed, but just a bit more to be noticeable, I believe, and without changing what I think you wanted to do with the event too much.

NotYouNorI

Aug 26, 2015
Though the implied skinned Milodan thing is pretty disturbing. Self defense is one thing: it's something else entirely to flay another sentient creature, even if it's for survival.
Then I hope you don't pay too much attantion in the zil village during PlantationQuest. :smuggo:

Sparr

Oct 21, 2017
I mean, I like the idea, and I like the character. As an event it's a little bare bones, and I agree with XBoxMaster, it's not very Holiday-Themed. (But I have the exact same problem with the submission I'm working on, so I can't really say much)

Maybe Steele would have to find a certain item in another planet and give it to Vanir before he accepts to have sex? (make it something really common and cheap that nonetheless is special to him because he's never seen it before) It could be a sort of "gift exchange" where you give him the item and he gives you one of his trinkets, gift-wrapped of course.

Maybe Steele can offer to help him hunt for dinner? So maybe there's something like boars on the plains of Uveto you can help him hunt. There doesn't need to be any combat, just add in a few choices like "finish off the boar", "offer to carry it yourself" and so on, simple stuff that doesn't really changes much but gives the player something to do. Then with the boar he can make you a "special holiday dish" from his planet on this "special occasion", and then you add in the sex scenes you already have.

Just a few ideas to make it a tiny bit more holiday-themed.

I... actually really enjoy this idea. Thank you muchly! Now let's hope that I don't rush it and make it next to unusable like my Halloween submission.

Spacestalin

Oct 21, 2017
Will do - more than anything, I don't trust I can finish it within 4 days.

Yeah 4 days is a really tight schedule...

You have a really cool idea, though. It just needs some work.

I... actually really enjoy this idea. Thank you muchly! Now let's hope that I don't rush it and make it next to unusable like my Halloween submission.

Don't mention it, pal!

Really looking forward to what you do with it :D

Spacestalin

Oct 21, 2017
So this is not quite ready yet, but it's only really missing the three ending sex scenes. I also need to give it a few more passes through editing.

Nonetheless, I'd want to hear what the community thinks of it.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1535F_2_BSIaHmboCodj5jvRjcykG4Z56ZIPA6yz7VIA/edit?usp=sharing

Of course, I accept any kind of grammar and spelling edits, but I'm mainly looking for general feedback and especially want to know what people think. Is it "festive" enough? Is the fight with the varmint even needed? A part of me is debating whether to take out the scenes with the varmint entirely and leave them as simple comments or flashbacks during the dinner, but another part of me thinks this would mean the player has nothing much to do beside choosing what sex scenes they want.

What do you guys think?

GothPastel

Scientist
Creator
Jan 6, 2017
Where the crows are.
So this is not quite ready yet, but it's only really missing the three ending sex scenes. I also need to give it a few more passes through editing.

Nonetheless, I'd want to hear what the community thinks of it.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1535F_2_BSIaHmboCodj5jvRjcykG4Z56ZIPA6yz7VIA/edit?usp=sharing

Of course, I accept any kind of grammar and spelling edits, but I'm mainly looking for general feedback and especially want to know what people think. Is it "festive" enough? Is the fight with the varmint even needed? A part of me is debating whether to take out the scenes with the varmint entirely and leave them as simple comments or flashbacks during the dinner, but another part of me thinks this would mean the player has nothing much to do beside choosing what sex scenes they want.

What do you guys think?

I'll take a look through dude, comment on the doc if there's anythin I can think of!

Annick Nijm

Dec 11, 2017
Hi everyone! So I decided to give this contest a try. I tried to follow the documentation as closely as possible but since it's my first participation I have no idea if my content is properly formatted or if I'm not missing key elements in my structure, so I'm open to constructive comments! Just no remark about the event structure or scene flow that would lead me to doubt everything I already wrote because I already had to cut down on my initial idea (another encounter with Klaaserian drones + make the Candy Maker ridable, maybe next year?) and, being a perfectionist, it's already stressing me out. I think completing the current planning is doable as long as I don't start to question everything I've already worked on.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1z_TR0Uxcfo2P-l1lMTT6t1DwIRZxJcaqTSW1B2-39GY/edit?usp=sharing

Thanks in advance!

Reactions: Spacestalin

luksinatriks

Sep 19, 2015
Hello guys, I had only read of the contest some 4 days ago and had 3 days to write my submission so far. Overall Id say I did rather well since this is both my first time using google docs and first time dealing with parsers. Any advice or mistake pointing is welcome. Also on a side note, can anyone tell me is it ok to add more variable scenes to add to the flavor? I feel like i could add more if/conditional scenes but I dont want to do so as not to make life hard on Fenoxo and co.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1nDDuZVIebhkPYAIxEgrUy7yyRYkywjk1dZXmEb036Fg/edit?usp=sharing

Edit: I put a wrong link in.... now its fixed.

Spacestalin

Oct 21, 2017
I'll take a look through dude, comment on the doc if there's anythin I can think of!

Alright, I've edited what you pointed out. Thanks for giving it a look :D

What did you think, though, did you like it?

Hi everyone! So I decided to give this contest a try. I tried to follow the documentation as closely as possible but since it's my first participation I have no idea if my content is properly formatted or if I'm not missing key elements in my structure, so I'm open to constructive comments! Just no remark about the event structure or scene flow that would lead me to doubt everything I already wrote because I already had to cut down on my initial idea (another encounter with Klaaserian drones + make the Candy Maker ridable, maybe next year?) and, being a perfectionist, it's already stressing me out. I think completing the current planning is doable as long as I don't start to question everything I've already worked on.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1z_TR0Uxcfo2P-l1lMTT6t1DwIRZxJcaqTSW1B2-39GY/edit?usp=sharing

Thanks in advance!

I've marked a few issues with grammar and wording you had but nothing really major.

This race is a little silly, but in a good way, I like your idea. Hopefully Fen and the gang will like it too :)

I can see we are starting to get quite a few entries. I put together this event for a holiday-themed event at Canadia Station. I'd like to get some feedback on it before submitting, though, so any opinions you have to offer would be welcome. Thanks!
https://docs.google.com/document/d/14tcwWKinBdWY6cCAOoriNQlqYzV6afQcOIB93eMneMM/edit#

You've set your document to read-only. If you want people to comment and suggest edits, try this: https://i.imgur.com/WYXTG9G.png

Hello guys, I had only read of the contest some 4 days ago and had 3 days to write my submission so far. Overall Id say I did rather well since this is both my first time using google docs and first time dealing with parsers. Any advice or mistake pointing is welcome. Also on a side note, can anyone tell me is it ok to add more variable scenes to add to the flavor? I feel like i could add more if/conditional scenes but I dont want to do so as not to make life hard on Fenoxo and co.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1nDDuZVIebhkPYAIxEgrUy7yyRYkywjk1dZXmEb036Fg/edit?usp=sharing

Nothing really to add. I think it's fine, even if it maybe falls on the short side. It's probably gonna be a pain in the ass to code as is, though, so I can't really say if you should keep pilling things on, I'll leave someone more experienced with the coding side of things judge that.

HugsAlright

Pets'R'Us
Creator
Jul 11, 2016

Not sure if you know this, but you're supposed to ask an author's permission before you write stuff with their characters, because Anno X Syri stuff is a no-go until Savin himself writes it into the game.

GothPastel

Scientist
Creator
Jan 6, 2017
Where the crows are.
What did you think, though, did you like it?

Looks pretty solid, honestly.
I'm not really a huge fan of using Steele's internal monologue as much as you do? For example, I'd take a phrase like " ‘Maybe Varmint are related to Hyena in some way?’ " and switch it to something more like "You wonder if Varmint are related to hyenas in some way". It doesn't change the idea, but it doesn't demand us to accept that This is how Steele internally phrases things, etc. Really just more up for interpretation.
That's my only major quibble though, it's certainly enjoyable!

Reactions: Dolphi

luksinatriks

Sep 19, 2015
Nothing really to add. I think it's fine, even if it maybe falls on the short side. It's probably gonna be a pain in the ass to code as is, though, so I can't really say if you should keep pilling things on, I'll leave someone more experienced with the coding side of things judge that.

Thank you for the review, glorious leader. I thought of putting in more basic requirements but that would mean that new players/newly created characters wouldnt be able to trigger the event at all. And I guess that all the variables dont help neither the length nor the ease of coding. Still, thank you kindly for the review.

Not sure if you know this, but you're supposed to ask an author's permission before you write stuff with their characters, because Anno X Syri stuff is a no-go until Savin himself writes it into the game.

Damn... I have read the document on how to write tits stuff and I have read on the 'pilling on' section... I just missed the last couple of sentences... I feel foolish, I was in such a rush to finish this... Can you ask Savin for me? If he says no Ill pull my work out of the competition, as I doubt I have enough time to write another one. :(

Emerald

Jun 8, 2016
Damn... I have read the document on how to write tits stuff and I have read on the 'pilling on' section... I just missed the last couple of sentences... I feel foolish, I was in such a rush to finish this... Can you ask Savin for me? If he says no Ill pull my work out of the competition, as I doubt I have enough time to write another one.
Ask him yourself ya ninny. :U

Annick Nijm

Dec 11, 2017
I've marked a few issues with grammar and wording you had but nothing really major.

This race is a little silly, but in a good way, I like your idea. Hopefully Fen and the gang will like it too :)

Thanks for your feedback!

I tried to find a good balance between silliness and plausibility (in a TiTS kind of way). I put the Synter there (a sexy version of Krampus, plus it makes for the pun Synter/Klaaserian ==> Sinterklaas) to have a more serious tone. I liked the idea of Santa Claus being one member of an alien race but keeping him mostly a chill dude, that way it would open the possibility of having other races celebrating similar holidays without breaking the suspension of disbelief or introducing a mythical element to it: it's just that their planet was also inhabited by a Klaaserian Breeder.

Dolphi

Dec 12, 2017
@Spacestalin, everything seems to be pretty good to me.

I only have 2 small issues, in that Steele talks A LOT, and i think most writers deliberately leave Steele's dialogue vague so the reader can fill it in for themselves. I'd echo what @GothPastel said and say that the Dialogue could be a bit more vague and not as direct.

The other issue would be that the language used is a bit iffy and the sentences are slightly awkward.

I think you could do the scene with Steele using the gun to scare the Varmint off instead of killing them, since if you get defeated by Varmints, they eat your credits instead of raping or murdering you, and i think the descriptions of the varmints dying is a bit less "Christmas event" and more "Bloody Murder".

Other than that, i'd say your submission is solid, and im excited for the full thing.:p