[0.5.7] Senninbari not working properly

Brytunn

Aug 5, 2022
Minor spoilers ahead if you haven't completed Kiyoko's questline or the Main Quest.

I encountered a strange bug where the Senninbari's revival function didn't trigger, leaving me getting one-shot by Kasyrra. I unfortunately do not have the savegame, but I shall try to describe the bug as thoroughly as I can below.

I had the Senninbari equipped, made sure I had slept and that it hadn't triggered before this. Saving up to Kasyrra's bossfight, I made sure to stock up on many survivability options beforehand; Kaelirra's Tears, Cait's Devotion, Unbreakable, and the Senninbari to be exact. I was able to use the other options just fine, but when I was beaten down to zero health the Senninbari refused to trigger, leaving me defeated. I tried this many times over, checking that I had done nothing wrong, but it simply refused to trigger.

I am fully aware you are not supposed to be able to defeat Kasyrra at this point in the game. I am simply wondering if the Senninbari failing was a result of a bug or my own actions.