[0.4.41] Possible Character Creation Bug(s)

Equivocate

Apr 24, 2022
As the title states, a few possible bugs in the character creation, as of the latest public patch.

When entering the player character's name or the player character's height, it is possible to press the [pcRace] button or the [Next] next button whilst the respective fields are empty -- however instead of only displaying the error message once, it will continue to display the error message however many times the user pressed the [pcRace] button or the [Next] button.
I'm unsure if this appears in any other fields in the game, although testing River's renaming field shows that this particular interaction is not present there, only seemingly in the character creation fields.
characterCreationBug01.png
Player character name field.

characterCreationBug02.png
Player character height field.

Another potential bug is that the tool-tip for the human race appears to not have a separation of the Starting Boost from the race description section within the tool-tip.
This was also reported here, by Tide Hunter.
characterCreationBug03.png
Supposed lack of separating the Starting Boost from the race description section.

characterCreationBug04.png
Attachment for comparison.

Equivocate

Apr 24, 2022
The name and height fields in character creation have always been like that.
Ah, okay.
I seem to recall it being different before patch 0.4.34, whereby the error message for the player character's name and height fields would only display once -- as patch 0.4.34 appears to be the patch where the human race Starting Boost alignment error appeared (the one Tide Hunter also reported) -- but if you say otherwise, then I guess I was mistaken.

Patch 0.4.34 said:
  • Affinities have been removed; they now are merely suggestions for what Attributes best match your class on the level screen.

Although, the end result appears to be that some of the fields are going to have inconsistencies when it comes to error displaying.