Your Gripes With CoC2

Ace Hangman

Sep 16, 2021
Kalysea having no path that doesn't involve choking on her giant horsecock is stupid. I played through it once so I could see the new scene with her and Eubicha, but I'm not gonna interact with her again. Dominant futas are NOT my thing.
I feel the same. I know not every character will be for me (I just have to bear the cross and suffer through for my OCD that involves seeking out typos), but it isn't necessarily that she's straight dominant, Orlaith is kind of the same as she gets demanding and needy, but that's written in a way where you offer (and teach her) and open the world to her. Kalysea is just written like the Champ is already enthralled and just cock-focused. I get that its impressive, but it's basically like a hypnotist's swinging watch from the get go and all the Champ is written as appreciating or desiring.

I can understand after the first time, if her musk is addictive or seems to enchant or overwhelm you (and the fact that you've chosen to do it a second time after hints about it). But before that, I guess the issue for me is that it's, "You give me this item, losing it forever (presumably, I guess it could be written where you get it back later, but unlikely) and you get f'd in the face and just love and become an oral-slave immediately.

I do, however, understand that if it was commissioned and it was made for someone specifically and so that part I am fine with. But this is the spot for gripes, and I will agree that I (were I paying for Wsan to write it, which I haven't nor do I expect him to) would like to suck on her tits or rail her from behind while grabbing her flanks or pulling her hair until she spews that musky, enchanting futa-spunk all over the floor of her mushroom house, maybe even making the floor slippery and I slide right under her on a back thrust (or was it a sneaky vine?) and slip beneath her fountaining mare-cock and get it all over me... which might lead to the same outcome.

MarcoPolo121

Apr 24, 2017
Ireland
Then... dont interact with her? Writers make characters based on whatever fascinates them in the moment. Not everyone ingame is going to be to everyone's tastes. Far too many kinks spread out amongst the staff, writers, and submitters for everyone to be into everything.

Honestly. My only complaint is that we haven't gotten a feet focused person yet
See, the "Just don't interact" argument is weakened if the devs specifically signpost new content for characters you haven't looked into yet, and that's exactly what happened here. I was at peace ignoring her until curiosity prompted me to look into the Centaur Threesome, since the game's code not being public means there's no other way to see it. And let's say I wasn't impressed by the assumption my Champ wanted to gag on her cock, or that I had to give up 3 unique items to unlock her as a follower at camp, or that she used special magic artifacts for a flippin' cock ring, and especially not that they didn't bother to give her a platonic recruitment path for those of us whose fetishes don't align with hers.

Imagine if you had to suck off Ogrish every time you wanted to buy weapoms & armour, or eat Leorah out every time you wanted rations and camping supplies. It'd be novel the first few times and then it'd just get tedious.
I feel the same. I know not every character will be for me (I just have to bear the cross and suffer through for my OCD that involves seeking out typos), but it isn't necessarily that she's straight dominant, Orlaith is kind of the same as she gets demanding and needy, but that's written in a way where you offer (and teach her) and open the world to her. Kalysea is just written like the Champ is already enthralled and just cock-focused. I get that its impressive, but it's basically like a hypnotist's swinging watch from the get go and all the Champ is written as appreciating or desiring.

I can understand after the first time, if her musk is addictive or seems to enchant or overwhelm you (and the fact that you've chosen to do it a second time after hints about it). But before that, I guess the issue for me is that it's, "You give me this item, losing it forever (presumably, I guess it could be written where you get it back later, but unlikely) and you get f'd in the face and just love and become an oral-slave immediately.

I do, however, understand that if it was commissioned and it was made for someone specifically and so that part I am fine with. But this is the spot for gripes, and I will agree that I (were I paying for Wsan to write it, which I haven't nor do I expect him to) would like to suck on her tits or rail her from behind while grabbing her flanks or pulling her hair until she spews that musky, enchanting futa-spunk all over the floor of her mushroom house, maybe even making the floor slippery and I slide right under her on a back thrust (or was it a sneaky vine?) and slip beneath her fountaining mare-cock and get it all over me... which might lead to the same outcome.
Yeah I don't see what made her so special other than the commisioner having a massive futadom fetish.

WolframL

Feb 12, 2020
Tell me you can't pick up on the massively obvious signposting of what sort of fetishes Kalysea caters to without telling me that you can't pick up on massively obvious signposting...

Look, it's fine that the content doesn't cater to your interests and you don't like it but you absolutely were given every indication of what her content was all about with her initial scenes. That you continued and somehow expected her new content to not be similar to her initial content is all on you.

Last edited:

zagzig

Feb 26, 2021
Acknowledging that gripes are inherently minor and irrational, I'm not sure what should have been differently with Kalysea's implementation.

-Kalysea's content signposts very quickly and clearly that her core fetish is taur futadom, so anyone reading is not being surprised
-Kalysea's content has no mechanical benefit, so you're not compelled to do her content for any other reason than to experience taur futadom
-Thus, as the taur futadom is clearly signposted and offers no other benefits, the content assumes you selected the option because you really want to be dommed by a taur futa
-If you're not interested in taur futadom, you miss out on nothing by not doing the content (other than taur futadom)

As far as I can tell, this is pretty much the ideal way to implement niche content. Unless you're arguing that content that you personally don't like shouldn't be included in the patch notes or the game.

Karakara

Feb 15, 2024
Yeah. We do not get enough of forcerfull TFS and mindbreaks in these games. Femrud was perfect opportunity for it. Yet it got squandered.

Loveless

May 29, 2022
The hell happened to Hirrurd update? I want to turn that Bara Fuck into my Fem Bitch.

Edit: Oh, Never mind. Her writer is on long hiatus. Is anyone willing to pick her up?
I mean Bubble is just MIA not dead. And I don't really see any writer picking up another's personal project ever since B described how miserable working on the Berwyn update was. So unless he quits the dev team or properly disappears all of their works will be stuck in cryostatis for a while unfortunately. Still, Bubble's work being left up to the community if the worst comes to pass might be an interesting turn of events. I had my eyes on Bask for a while.

Reactions: MellowNumel

Karakara

Feb 15, 2024
First, who is Bask?

Second, from what I gather, Bubs did not even start writing that content. He was just commissioned for it by Savin to write it because he needed money for new PC/Laptop. He was more interested in writing for mercs and Quinn.

So I am not sure if it is same ordeal as what happened to Berwyn where the game reworked established character.

Last edited:

Loveless

May 29, 2022
Bubble has a Content Hub in this Forum. One of his characters was a Hornet by the name of Bask who hulks out with the power of the sun but is a twink at night. I always liked the idea but it never really got of the ground like a lot of Bubble's promises. And I didn't know about that backstory. What I heard was it was passed around from writer to writer until it ended up on Bubble's hands but I could be very wrong. It's just that it's been so long I just don't have much hope.

Karakara

Feb 15, 2024
Frankly, I am not sure why you couldn't just, you know, use that concept for yourself. Just ask Savin or whoever if you could write a character similar in concept. If bubs comes back and decideds to do the hornet boy himself, fine. We can have two characters sharing the same skeleton -- just look at all the centar futa.

Like, after I am done with my 10000 words submissions, I am thinking of writing a cat harem adjecent -- male version. Or Josou Seme in vain of Berwyn -- just maybe one you have to build up yourself. Or, hell, another Bunny Boy. I love kemono boys, but they are all doms so you know. For I do think that someone with Quinns looks would be a pretty popular with male lovers if he was just less of an ass, and gave more of his ass.

Last edited:
Reactions: Lucky_I

Loveless

May 29, 2022
Eh, invoking the Death of the Author while the author might still be around is a bit complicated. Besides I'd want whatever submission I wrote to be properly unique. It's mostly a "me" thing but I kinda fixate on the "purpose" of a character or scene and I'd rather not make something that will barely stand out. I know this line of thinking is pretty shallow but I'd want to really settle on an idea that will be interesting/liked before trying to write anything about it. I might make a Post to learn people's opinions on something some time later.

justlookin

Feb 20, 2024
Acknowledging that gripes are inherently minor and irrational, I'm not sure what should have been differently with Kalysea's implementation.

-Kalysea's content signposts very quickly and clearly that her core fetish is taur futadom, so anyone reading is not being surprised
-Kalysea's content has no mechanical benefit, so you're not compelled to do her content for any other reason than to experience taur futadom
-Thus, as the taur futadom is clearly signposted and offers no other benefits, the content assumes you selected the option because you really want to be dommed by a taur futa
-If you're not interested in taur futadom, you miss out on nothing by not doing the content (other than taur futadom)

As far as I can tell, this is pretty much the ideal way to implement niche content. Unless you're arguing that content that you personally don't like shouldn't be included in the patch notes or the game.

I really liked the Kalysea content, but the new bad end route kinda threw me off. I hope it's not the end for her and there will be a more wholesome route later.

Karakara

Feb 15, 2024
Almost every boy lover that I know off wants that bunny butt, yet alas... Kind of fucked considerin his last update constitutes of a CG that puts emphasis on it. Like, what is the game thinking?
quinDressing.png
Each day I feel more and more justified in my well articulated -- HA! -- points.

HK-47

May 17, 2017
I find it a bit silly that the Demonic face TF mentions your skin color twice. Definitely feels like they should ditch the second line, as the repetition is quite unnecessary:

“You have the face of a demon. It's mostly human in appearance, with tan skin, but you've got sharp predatory fangs and a certain beguiling visage. Complementing the corruption, your face is covered in smooth, tan skin.”

Reactions: MellowNumel

Iacs

Aug 6, 2021
I really liked the Kalysea content, but the new bad end route kinda threw me off. I hope it's not the end for her and there will be a more wholesome route later.
Kalysea had some promice, but ended up as "few scenes you can get from Orlaith + Bad End at the cost of three artifacts". And you even have to wait 10 days to make you sure that you do not really want to reload because you have done a lot of other things while waiting. Basically several scenes you want to read once and then reload bound with 10 day period that make you do not want to reload.

justlookin

Feb 20, 2024
Kalysea had some promice, but ended up as "few scenes you can get from Orlaith + Bad End at the cost of three artifacts". And you even have to wait 10 days to make you sure that you do not really want to reload because you have done a lot of other things while waiting. Basically several scenes you want to read once and then reload bound with 10 day period that make you do not want to reload.
Orlaith is a bit too naive for my taste, I really liked the confident dom aspect of Kalysea much more. Also I actually liked the artifact cost, it shows that you REALLY want her, kinda sucks that she kinda turns "evil". Especially with the Nice Time for Roo at the end

HughMann

Feb 21, 2020
My main 'complaints' are just the insane amount of continuity issues around the Kitsune, so many events and people that I became a champ of Keros before sexing Kiyoko and she had nothing to say about it. Miko and Mai asked who I thought would be a better wife to settle down with and I had barely gotten to know them, never had sex or anything. I don't think it's a priority or anything though it's more something that needs polish before the game goes 'gold' or once EVERYTHING involving the Den is 100% done at least, as every new characters makes it a bigger mess of branching paths.

Kalysea was odd for me, I like to see new content and hers is not super far into the game, (I've not played for some time, new character etc.) The cost is not a big problem because chances are, (due to how equipping Companions works,) about 2/3 pieces of gear you will never use for your build.

Personally I'd like the option to decline her 'Reward' but still help just for completion sake (even though her real goal seems to be stealing Champs power). Or have one of those "Remove Content From Game" after she makes it clear she is not gonna give you anything in return (talk at house.)

Last edited:

Sin_ID

Feb 20, 2022
Some of the kitsune content I hate; I've seen some people share the same opinion, but the main thing is: our champion goes through all these missions/challenges some more easily than others, but they reach the kitsune part of the game, and they just stop being the champion we know and starts being a random person that has tendencies to being dommed by the kitsunes. This doesn't happen with a lot of the kitsunes, but it still happens alot to make that part of the game undesirable (to me ofc), just wish we could be more in control of our character instead of being just observers while the author is controlling almost 100% of what they do and how they act.

Also, the kinu thing, it was fricking wholesome until we free them from the amulet, the father status is meaningless, mc is again being a random character that just happened to be there. I understand that the purpose was to make kinu independent and not live in the champion's shadow, but it just felt like she ditched the father's dependence to be dependent on the den's feelings and forgot the father even sometimes existed (especially when the champion was around and there for her a lot while she grew up).
I'm sure people who agree with me have better ways of explaining it; I'm just rambling at this point.
Even her marriage just felt forced and wrong, why does she need to marry? why only those 2 bad choices of husbands? can't she be independent without marrying or forgetting that her father exists? i prob missed something important, but most of the kitsune content doesn't feel right, which made me skip most of the text to get rid of that stuff.

Also, I don't know if what I said is still the same, since I haven't played the game in almost 2 or 3 years (but I saw someone mention that there was a thread to vent our gripes at, so I had to, since the kitsune content is big and awesome, and this stuff has stuck to me ever since I've last played it).

Ace Hangman

Sep 16, 2021
Also, the kinu thing, it was fricking wholesome until we free them from the amulet, the father status is meaningless, mc is again being a random character that just happened to be there.
Obviously, this is the place for gripes. I am not downplaying your feelings. In response to this part, I have to disagree. Naturally, you're entitled to feel or have your own perspective on this, and I am just sharing my observations. I have never once thought Kinu treated the Champ as a random person who was there. Granted, I have very little interaction with Farmer Kinu (and that as my evil character), but she's always treated the father (or mother) Champ with deference and respect. I have never got the impression she was treating them just like some traveler she met on the road who just happened to walk into her family's house.
I understand that the purpose was to make kinu independent and not live in the champion's shadow, but it just felt like she ditched the father's dependence to be dependent on the den's feelings and forgot the father even sometimes existed (especially when the champion was around and there for her a lot while she grew up).
A lot? I am pretty sure she went from an infant to a 2-year old in seconds, and the next time you visited she was like 7 or 8. I get that the player can spend hundreds of nights visiting and knocking up Kiyoko (or not) so they can have 32 kits when she's released and watch Keros' jaw hit the floor, but I think canonically that probably happens or is intended to occur over a month or two at most. The Champ has an important impact, their interactions can shape the outlook and what she becomes, but they are literally there for a short time in a small section of her life. There's 10 years where they aren't around. She's been taught by Kiyoko, to who the den and clan and family are important, and she has no other interactions with people (other than siblings). Of course she's going to grow up with thoughts on duty (whether to her mother or her den).
Even her marriage just felt forced and wrong, why does she need to marry? why only those 2 bad choices of husbands? can't she be independent without marrying or forgetting that her father exists?
I can't argue with you feeling it was forced, or wrong. If you think both her suitors are bad, that's fair. I don't get that impression. I don't like Nakano, but everything she says and that I see indicates he truly cares for her. Hitoshi I know less about but he's always regarded as hard-working and truthful. If you know some secrets then maybe I missed them. I just don't think her choosing her husband is some indications that she's lost her independence. I mean, she chose her husband despite the wishes of her mother or Komari. How is that not showing independence? The Champ's influence on how she grew up is probably the strongest influence on who she chooses. You can say you don't like them, but saying she needs to be more dependent or influenced by the Champ... kind of contradicts that. In my opinion.

Last edited:

Tamsee

Mar 2, 2018
Except Sin_ID didn't say anything about being more dependent on Champ, rather that she does feel like, despite the fact that she only had the Champion and Kiyoko as adults in her life until freedom, after she gets out she does feel like she immediately blended into this feudal Japan society and customs. It honestly does feel just weird. I can understand regret and remorse toward champion for disappearing for what felt to her like years, but she does feel distant and there just isn't any feeling of closure in this regard. Tobs may be trying to tell a story, but it often feels like champion having any sort of control over themselves while among the Floofs was forgotten. I'm fine with Kinu having her own stories separate from us, but at times we might as well be a stranger.

HughMann

Feb 21, 2020
Some of the kitsune content I hate; I've seen some people share the same opinion, but the main thing is: our champion goes through all these missions/challenges some more easily than others, but they reach the kitsune part of the game, and they just stop being the champion we know and starts being a random person that has tendencies to being dommed by the kitsunes. This doesn't happen with a lot of the kitsunes, but it still happens alot to make that part of the game undesirable (to me ofc), just wish we could be more in control of our character instead of being just observers while the author is controlling almost 100% of what they do and how they act.

I think that's just a side effect of the nature of the game. So many authors, over such a long time, while also being text based. Sometime it feels like you walked into a novel with predetermined set pieces, and sometime the writing is vague so that you can imagine how YOUR champ would do the actions/chat. Other then that I would like more options on how to act but writing for so many personality types is just NOT a realistic request for anyone.

At one point, early in development of the Kitsune Den I really thought if would have been better off cut from the game and made its it's own visual novel as a side project in the same setting. But it has lot's of stuff going on now it just need some organization of events and triggers. imo.

Also I just want to yell at Keros/apologize to Kiyoko and Kinu+ for missing the 10 odd years because being a deadbeat dad due to magic sucks.

Last edited: