Your Gripes With CoC2

War Demon

May 24, 2020
Hell

Blackguard

Jan 16, 2024
The level 7 perks Cleaving Strikes and Enchanting Acts perks are decent when fighting mobs but might as well not exist when fighting single encounters like the Drider Queen or Crazy Horses. I feel this is an issue since the other level 7 perks are useful in all encounter types while these two are only useful in specific ones.

An idea to fix this would be to have these perks do extra half-attacks on single encounters based on how many turns the enemy has. So if they had two turns like the drider queen, it would do Attack + Cleaving Strike or if it had three like Kas it would do Attack + 2*Cleaving Strike.

Dec 9, 2018
A gripe I have is really with the description of the kabuto helmet. It's description says that it's lightweight but it has the heavy flag in its stat window. Considering it's supposed to go with the lamellar armor (for the steam achievement anyway) and the armor has the light flag, shouldn't the helmet be classified as light as well?

Tamsee

Mar 2, 2018
Come to think of it, lamellar armor is rather heavy. Unless there is more interest in a light armor set, wouldn't it make more sense to make it heavy, too? Especially since its armor stat of 65 leaves other light armors behind and kunoichi bodysuit being a thing, too.

Neemire

Mar 9, 2022
Starter races, as well as the depth of the races:

I feel that the starting races compared to the amount of races in the game as a whole, is a bit skewed. T.I.T.S' starter races make sense, as the character's father is a human, but in COCII the character is whoever you want them to be. It would be cool to start as a taeleer, harpy, ice elf, etc.

Now about the depth of the races. Why can't I be a half-lupine? Make it, ship it to starter races, and I'll be satisfied as far as depth goes. I feel it would be a lot cooler to have half-race options along with the main races. Berwyn for example, is a half-lupine. I've always looked at him in envy.

WolframL

Feb 12, 2020
The Champ is canonically not from the Marches. The 'not a local' thing is a fundamental narrative conceit which allows the writers to make certain assumptions about the Champ which informs the writing and makes them out to be slightly less of a blob character. It's much easier in the case of TiTS because Captain Steele has exactly one canonical background which also provides their key story motivation; they were raised by their rich father to be the heir to their fortune, there are characters that Steele has met in the past or at least heard of, people either know of you or they knew your father, there are people who are (or potentially are) related to you. All of this makes Steele a part of the world and not a player avatar who was poofed into existence with no connection to anything.

Since CoC2 doesn't have that, they have to fall back on your starting race and background to provide most of those details and that means limiting it to a reasonable number of options that writers can actually account for. Adding more starting races would mean going back to every scene where there's a check for it (and potentially scenes where there isn't one but it might be relevant) and adding new ones.

As the devs have said repeatedly (most recently Savin, here) additional starting races were never on the table.
It would be cool to start as a taeleer, harpy, ice elf, etc.
The 'non-native' thing means they cannot be a race that is native to (and not found away from) the Marches, like the boer'alvar. Even if there was an interest in adding more, which there isn't. The boer'alvar are especially nixed because it's a plot point that they're isolationist and nobody in Hawkthorne's living memory has seen one before the events of the game. Every scene involving them is written with the fundamental assumption that the Champ is an outsider.
Now about the depth of the races. Why can't I be a half-lupine? Make it, ship it to starter races, and I'll be satisfied as far as depth goes. I feel it would be a lot cooler to have half-race options along with the main races. Berwyn for example, is a half-lupine. I've always looked at him in envy.
Because touching the spaghetti code that is the race tracker makes Balak cry.

Last edited:

Neemire

Mar 9, 2022
Since CoC2 doesn't have that, they have to fall back on your starting race and background to provide most of those details and that means limiting it to a reasonable number of options that writers can actually account for. Adding more starting races would mean going back to every scene where there's a check for it (and potentially scenes where there isn't one but it might be relevant) and adding new ones.
The starter race thing was more of a secondary want to the half-races because if half-races were added, they would most likely be added to the starter races. Your explanation of the situation is very understandable, and thanks for replying.

I do plan to have us go back and hook up half-races and such when we're finished adding new TF items. The whole race tracker could use a facelift.
Happy to hear it. Hope it doesn't cause you or your team trouble.

Veilwolf

Sep 6, 2018
Somewhere In The U.S Wasteland
What's the point of shearing either Clementine or Noire if you don't get to collect their wool?

I want it... for reasons
Lambs Wool gear would be nice some underclothes with elemental resistances not just Focus, Sexiness & temptation boost

Veilwolf

Sep 6, 2018
Svern needs more better wares based on where you encounter Gianna's Caravan, Kinda like Katom is in TiTs his wears are based on the regions level.

Emerald

Jun 8, 2016
Make Bento Boxes Stack there eating up my inventory.
You can edit your og post to add onto it instead of doing multiple in a row, ya know. :/

Stev3DD

May 20, 2023
You can become kitsune before going to Ruined Shrine and meeting Kiyoko. But if you do, whole "Saving Kiyoko -path" doesn't make any sence, because champion is treated whole time as non-kitsune who doesn't know anything about kitsune, while being a kitsune...

Maybe a quest, where Keros sends his Champion to Search & Rescue -mission... would probably be easier than trying to rewrite whole thing to support kitsune.

Tamsee

Mar 2, 2018
Unless I am wrong, until we bring the orb to the den, Keros doesn't have a clue whether it still exists, let alone Kiyoko's predicament. After all, apparently nobody was sent to check on the ruined outposts with specific goal in mind in all these years. I wonder if it's possible for people from community to add conditional paragraphs into existing works, with author's approval. Even then the backlog of content must be huge.

Veilwolf

Sep 6, 2018
Unless I am wrong, until we bring the orb to the den, Keros doesn't have a clue whether it still exists, let alone Kiyoko's predicament. After all, apparently nobody was sent to check on the ruined outposts with specific goal in mind in all these years. I wonder if it's possible for people from community to add conditional paragraphs into existing works, with author's approval. Even then the backlog of content must be huge.
I hope the kitsune race gets some love I really wanna to become a legendary 9 tailed fox, the OG CoC you had to use fox jewels to become a kitsune once you got nine tails you got a unique perk I forgot what it was though.

Dec 9, 2018
I hope the kitsune race gets some love I really wanna to become a legendary 9 tailed fox, the OG CoC you had to use fox jewels to become a kitsune once you got nine tails you got a unique perk I forgot what it was though.
If I remember right we get more tails for each level we gain, but I don't think there's going to be any special perk for it. Even for a soulbound tf (the only exceptions to racial perks, powers, and buffs) that would probably be too overpowered and arguably pointless to get near the end of the game.

Veilwolf

Sep 6, 2018
If I remember right we get more tails for each level we gain, but I don't think there's going to be any special perk for it. Even for a soulbound tf (the only exceptions to racial perks, powers, and buffs) that would probably be too overpowered and arguably pointless to get near the end of the game.
In general you'd be OP against basic mobs but Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't Kasyrra a Level 20? would love for the fire salamander race to make an appearence gotta love those squishy cuddly fire butts

Stev3DD

May 20, 2023
...apparently nobody was sent to check on the ruined outposts with specific goal in mind in all these years...
Maybe it's about time.

Doesn't have to be Search of anything specific, and Rescue part comes later.

It could be Komari who sends the Champion there, it was her home centuries ago and the reason why she's still around. Maybe that kitsune group that was stuck in Old Forest saw a glimpse of shrine but didn't have time/energy to explore further. So, you are send to see how things are, since Champion is a somewhat "current local" of the area.

Anything that makes more sence than current way.

Kasha_Lupa

Feb 14, 2024
Very minor gripe, but might be a bigger one if I see it in more places, but in Evergreen's MommyRental sex scene the phrase "fuck you absolutely retarded" in it which could very easily have been replaced with stupid or something along those lines so I didn't get distracted by uncomfy word

Neemire

Mar 9, 2022
I don't think combat should end when your character goes down while in a party. If the other party members are still up, you should be able to finish the fight with them. It makes sense for combat to end if you are alone/solo, but my other two homies are still good to fight. Maybe make it an optional setting.

Tide Hunter

May 4, 2019
I don't think combat should end when your character goes down while in a party. If the other party members are still up, you should be able to finish the fight with them. It makes sense for combat to end if you are alone/solo, but my other two homies are still good to fight. Maybe make it an optional setting.
The current version also disincentivizes playing Tank Champs. If you have Atugia or Brint or Azzy or somebody else as your tank, and they go down, you still have a chance to fight, but if you're the tank champ, when you go down you loose. It makes it basically the worst build to have your champ actually be, and that's unfortunate considering that the Warrior's perks and some of their powers are designed for you to play a tank.

Neemire

Mar 9, 2022
The current version also disincentivizes playing Tank Champs. If you have Atugia or Brint or Azzy or somebody else as your tank, and they go down, you still have a chance to fight, but if you're the tank champ, when you go down you loose. It makes it basically the worst build to have your champ actually be, and that's unfortunate considering that the Warrior's perks and some of their powers are designed for you to play a tank.
I've had the most success class-wise with Charmer. Black Mage is kind of hard to play but I don't dislike that. White Mage feels a bit weird, but I still pick it up probably every 3rd character. Thief has probably been the most consistent starter from the perspective of balance. I haven't touched Warrior much at all unless I want to grab some skills for Thief. I've tried to play tank, but it never ends well. Played DPS Warrior a bit, I end up generating too much threat, and get destroyed.

Of course, there are probably specific ways you could play each class to do well, but I mainly try to use diverse builds. I don't switch to story mode, that would suck the fun away.

Loveless

May 29, 2022
Isn't it the exact opposite? Since if you die first for any reason what so ever (AoE attack, generating too much threat) the fight ends immediately, the best course of action is to make yourself hard to kill. I don't know what builds people are using to get defeated so quickly as a tank, but the moment you hit Level 6 and get Shielded Stance you should become unkillable. You don't even need clever Attribute distribution since the juices mean you can just max Toughness, Presence, Strength/Willpower and still have max Agility.

Greyfox643

May 20, 2016
Kalysea having no path that doesn't involve choking on her giant horsecock is stupid. I played through it once so I could see the new scene with her and Eubicha, but I'm not gonna interact with her again. Dominant futas are NOT my thing.
Then... dont interact with her? Writers make characters based on whatever fascinates them in the moment. Not everyone ingame is going to be to everyone's tastes. Far too many kinks spread out amongst the staff, writers, and submitters for everyone to be into everything.

Honestly. My only complaint is that we haven't gotten a feet focused person yet

Falken_Moonlight

Jul 18, 2022
Floof land
Honestly. My only complaint is that we haven't gotten a feet focused person yet
My Champ is monogamous so I understand on the “just don’t interact”. Also now that I think about it there really isn’t one feet focused person. If there is one eventually what will happen if you speak with this character with a champ with Naga lower body?

Loveless

May 29, 2022
Probably not the right place but I gotta ask: did Nidabutt commision Kalysea for the game or did Wsan decide to write her in himself.