Tarkus Content Discussion (GENERAL)

PyrateHyena

Oct 13, 2015
And that makes perfect sense. Having Lash being weak against lust would make as much sense as... Delilah having a willpower score of 500. Bad example, but you get what I mean, right?

Ormael

Aug 27, 2015
Well Lash get harder beatable by lust due to general lust resistance changes for enemies. Or was it due to devs not wanting to nerf Lash reward to some really not worthy to bother amount of credits so it would be not so hot contended enemy to farm credits, who knows. But then if he got now also idea with been tough for physical beating and for lust warefare how could Badger made as mirrored version of him. She would ends up with godly lust attacks and as him hight unbeatable by either physical or lust dmg making them both alsmot similar boss type enemies that are only 2 rooms away from each other.

Last edited by a moderator:

PyrateHyena

Oct 13, 2015
[...] how could Badger made as mirrored version of him. [...]

I am not sure I get WHY she should be. The only valid point IMO is that they should somehow be balanced against each other, but that does not mean they have to be opposites. Especially if it would go against character, or character logic.

Couch

Scientist
Creator
Aug 26, 2015
It's irrelevant anyway because you will never get to fight Dr. Badger.  Just leave it alone.

Ormael

Aug 27, 2015
@PyrateHyena I meantioned it cuz she s much revolving around lust while he so hard opposing it. But as Couch said it all forever academic disscusion without any result.

Noob Salad

Captain Shitpost
Aug 26, 2015
Because it's already written, lol.

Nonesuch

Scientist
Creator
Aug 27, 2015
Any info you, as a true oldfag, can give on whens, whys and hows of Abe E. leaving?

He never entered. Dr. Badger was a fursona/outside character of his in the Excellia model. I'm not privy to whether Fen solicited him or he came up with it himself, but he did the module without reading much of TiTS, handed it to Fen ready to go, and that was that.

Nik_van_Rijn

Sep 10, 2015
Moscow, RF
He never entered. Dr. Badger was a fursona/outside character of his in the Excellia model. I'm not privy to whether Fen solicited him or he came up with it himself, but he did the module without reading much of TiTS, handed it to Fen ready to go, and that was that.
K, thanks for the info.

Nonesuch

Scientist
Creator
Aug 27, 2015
Wait, so are you saying that "Abe E." is an alias of DatBadger?

Actually I think they are separate people, and ABCD agreed to make Badger a thing in TiTS. Cba to look into it, neither of them came here and both seem to have moved on from smut anyway. If people want to do shit with Badger Fen is the person to talk to.

bujjj

Oct 30, 2016
I'm pretty new to this whole community, so forgive me for being a bit slow.

The reason we can't do anything with the Badger is because the person who wrote the Badger has left? Or we can do things with the Badger, but no one wants to?

Nik_van_Rijn

Sep 10, 2015
Moscow, RF
I'm pretty new to this whole community, so forgive me for being a bit slow.

The reason we can't do anything with the Badger is because the person who wrote the Badger has left? Or we can do things with the Badger, but no one wants to?
If the author for a particular character has left, all potential new content should be cleared with the devs. And so far, nobody made any serious effort to make more Dr. Badger content.

Last edited:

Noob Salad

Captain Shitpost
Aug 26, 2015
Actually I was referring to JimT's turning the tables content.

Ormael

Aug 27, 2015
Well it wasn't proper fight but at least sort was giving her some short storyline and making her not so huge villain then merely bystrider victim to villain we couldn't meet face to face.

Couch

Scientist
Creator
Aug 26, 2015
People who want to write Badger content usually want to change the controversial introduction. Fen has not had a positive response to this type of alteration in the past, either on principle or because he dislikes the specific implementations in the submissions. That said, you're much better off just keeping her out of sight and out of mind than trying to write a fix.

EmperorG

Sep 6, 2015
People who want to write Badger content usually want to change the controversial introduction. Fen has not had a positive response to this type of alteration in the past, either on principle or because he dislikes the specific implementations in the submissions. That said, you're much better off just keeping her out of sight and out of mind than trying to write a fix.

If I remember correctly, Fen just doesn't like changing content for non-technical reasons, doesn't feel right to him.

s26094

Jan 2, 2017
Is Hand So’s Data Bead going to be implemented this year? It would be nice if we could use it to recruit some sex bots and keep them on the ship or (just an idea) be able to complete the galaxy domination.

Ormael

Aug 27, 2015
Well I think if you mean THIS year as in 2017 it's quite possible for ~90% that to happen. If not then in next one.

Noob Salad

Captain Shitpost
Aug 26, 2015
So?!

That's the plan.

Ormael

Aug 27, 2015
Aside So we not have any other places on Tarkus map with placeholders, right?

Also I hope we would get in this new glorious year other ways to do Plexiga Quest (unless those ar enot related to Tarkus as planet then meantioned it in wrong planet thread).

Flash Dingo

Oct 8, 2016
If I remember correctly, Fen just doesn't like changing content for non-technical reasons, doesn't feel right to him.

Fen doesn't want to change it because bimbos and bimbofication is his boner, no matter how many people throw a shit-fit, and a reasonable shit-fit at that, over how it's implemented.

CaptainX

Mar 9, 2017
Does anyone know of a way to defeat the Doll Maker? I've tried brute force, but I always get defeated by it's lust attacks.

Emerald

Jun 8, 2016
Does anyone know of a way to defeat the Doll Maker? I've tried brute force, but I always get defeated by it's lust attacks.
Use EMP grenades to stunlock the shit out of it and take advantage of that, if it breaks out of stun, use the grenades to stun it again, attack when it's stunned, rinse, repeat. And if you still have that Atma Armor from the Vanae place in Mhen'ga I suggest wearing that for complete lust resistance just to be safe. Makes the battle laughably easy.

Lancer

Nov 1, 2016
And if you still have that Atma Armor from the Vanae place in Mhen'ga I suggest wearing that for complete lust resistance just to be safe. Makes the battle laughably easy.
Using the helmet option that the goo armor has also works, and provides more defense than the Atma Armor. The goo armor's negative lust resistance's aren't a downside in that fight either, as the dollmaker's other methods of increasing lust ignore armor for the most part.