Tarkus Content Discussion (GENERAL)

Savin

Master Analmander
Staff member
Aug 26, 2015
Consider this thread a junkyard for random thoughts about the shortstack planet, like Tarkus is for space debris.

FrankenApple

Mar 29, 2016
Shortstacks are nice. An entire planet dedicated to them is even better. This is unproductive and isn't going anywhere...

Reactions: TipMaster

shadefalcon

Oct 13, 2015
Yay. New planet discussion threads :D

I love the Raskvel. For a planet mainly inhabited by them it´s a shame we don´t get to see more Raskvel npc´s. The same can be said for the Gabilani.

I do like the "scrapyard" aspect of the planet. I find it fun and a bit rusher-ish to go around and occasionally find items of great value (+ the best robo waifu ever). Trading with the Raskvel is also a great way to get/lose some money, depending on your knowledge of where to sell what.

Zavos

May 7, 2016
To be fair, Gianna is the only robotic waifu that has any chance of receiving any expansions. 

Nik_van_Rijn

Sep 10, 2015
Moscow, RF
While receiving additional any additional content for Gabliani or Raskvel is what'd make me happy, I'm also extremely curious to get to know more about the Sydian origin story and the related quest. Does anyone know if it's still a thing that might someday happen?

Reactions: Draconoid

Savin

Master Analmander
Staff member
Aug 26, 2015
While receiving additional any additional content for Gabliani or Raskvel is what'd make me happy, I'm also extremely curious to get to know more about the Sydian origin story and the related quest. Does anyone know if it's still a thing that might someday happen?

It is written, but both that and an Uveto quest by the same author present a serious problem: they're really fucking dense and the documents are confusing as fuck so nobody's actually read them.

Nik_van_Rijn

Sep 10, 2015
Moscow, RF
It is written, but both that and an Uveto quest by the same author present a serious problem: they're really fucking dense and the documents are confusing as fuck so nobody's actually read them.

1) Are the links to those docs publicly available?

2) What exactly does them being 'dense and confusing' mean for their ETA - or their chances of getting implemented, in case pessimism is more appropriate.

Gedan

BUTTS BUTTS BUTTS
Staff member
Aug 26, 2015

I've cruised through some of the Sydian quest stuff. It's not so much that it's dense, is that Z really doesn't give a fuck about formatting the document text if isn't directly related to coded content. It'll get in, eventually, but there's a lot more important things that need to be handled right now.

2) What exactly does them being 'dense and confusing' mean for their ETA - or their chances of getting implemented, in case pessimism is more appropriate.

The documents are pretty much just solid walls of text with absolutely no formatting and little in the way of helpful navigation, or differentiation between commentary and content.

K

Krynh

Should Z be made to format their documents then to make it clearer?

Zavos

May 7, 2016
Will badger ever be fightable as a boss?  I really want to whup her ass and force feed her dumbfuck.  I'm a sucker for defeat-by-irony.

Noob Salad

Captain Shitpost
Aug 26, 2015
One time I met Fen at a convention and handed him the 200 page proposal of my Really Neat Project. He said he'd definitely give it a once over and get back to me. Then he went back to his hotel room to play D&D. I sure hope he finishes soon.

@IVIysteriousPerson: Non-consensual (at first) sex.

Last edited by a moderator:

Nik_van_Rijn

Sep 10, 2015
Moscow, RF
... But what are these different table-turning scenarios? You can already send her to Space Jail. What more are we trying to do to her?

You mean there are other methods of dealing with characters you don't like than sexual enslavement and good old murderbonering? What kind of heresy is that?

Last edited:

Savin

Master Analmander
Staff member
Aug 26, 2015
You mean there are other methods of dealing with characters you don't like than sexual enslavement and good old murderbonering? What kind of heresy is that?

Hey now, my table-turning was just punching her and leaving her shop.

Ormael

Aug 27, 2015
@Savin Well then your turn the table on her was one of written ones. Especialy the one I know about turn the table is much more than the one you desc as one you wrote.

Still idea of her been also as boss similar to Lash would be tempting as much it's atm unrealistical to happen :/

Milkman

Aug 28, 2015
Honestly Doc Badger would be a lot more satisfying than Lash as an OP superboss. Managing to walk in and actually beat her as a "Hero" would be a lot more fun than picking on Dr. Lash for little legitimate reason. I mean yeah he's on the run from the law for a planetary act of mass neutering but by the time the PC meets him he's laying low and only seems to be engaging in consensual procedures he's being paid to perform. He only fights you if you repeatedly press his boundaries with advances he asks you not to make. 

Hmm actually now thinking about it it's interesting how much better recieved Lash is by players despite the fact that he actually kills you if he wins. Heh death is considered a more acceptable fate than Badger bimbofication. Although I imagine that if we ever got in a serious fight with Badger she'd probably be quite capable of being lethal as well...

But yeah if Badger got the same super boss treatment as Lash, grinding up and min/maxing equipment load outs in order to beat her would probably feel a lot more rewarding even if she doesn't dish out a shit ton of credits on defeat like Lash does...

Zavos

May 7, 2016
Maybe badger has some secret-secret de-bimbo drugs that the PC can walk away with if he wins.  Given the table turning section, i doubt she has them on her, per say, but you could download her research off her system and have Lessau do his thing. 

EmperorG

Sep 6, 2015
Maybe badger has some secret-secret de-bimbo drugs that the PC can walk away with if he wins.  Given the table turning section, i doubt she has them on her, per say, but you could download her research off her system and have Lessau do his thing. 

From what I understand of her story, Badger is just a pawn of some uber-fan of the Dr. Badger Comic, nothing she owns did she actually create (it's all been made for her so she can fill her role as mad sex-doctor).

Ormael

Aug 27, 2015
From what I understand of her story, Badger is just a pawn of some uber-fan of the Dr. Badger Comic, nothing she owns did she actually create (it's all been made for her so she can fill her role as mad sex-doctor).

Well that way you desc wasn't it what Jim and others wrote as turn the table version that was similar like Savin one rejected?

Also about Badger as boss... what would be difficulty then? Since she about wanting to bimbofy PC I imagine she would be as Lash dealing OP (kinda still OP) fire/lighting dmg then she would do the same with regards to lust dmg testing if PC got much reistance ot lust or larger than typical lust bar. IN such setting it would be interesting to have two bosses near each other that are concentrated on totaly diff tactics (non lust dmg VS lust dmg).

Zavos

May 7, 2016
For badger, i can imagine her injecting the PC with fast acting dumbfuck, so you would need to defeat her in x rounds or you get a bad end. 

Milkman

Aug 28, 2015
Yeah having her deal massive lust damage would be good. Challenge wise she should be at least as dangerous as Lash. The two are rivals and given that neither has managed to eliminate the other. (prior to the PC intervening / plotting treachery at least) It seems to be that they are normally even matches for each other. 

Ormael

Aug 27, 2015
Them been matched evenly due to one specializing into lust warefare and heving decent resistance to conventional dmg and other been weaker to lust but good at smashing enemy to dust would be good equilibrium. But then why it not crumbled before PC come? It would require some thinking how it was maintained till PC came and mess up all. Unless it would be just simple handwaved cuz..it happened for the plot sake.

Last edited by a moderator:

Zavos

May 7, 2016
To be fair, Lash is pretty much immune to lust at the moment.