Stake a Claim (For Archangel99)

Archangel99

Feb 13, 2016
"Yeah... You guys want dirt floors or wood? If it's dirt, I'm sure Jessy can make it nice and smooth and comfortable to walk on. If it's wood, it might require a little more work. But one thing is sure, the upper floors have to be wood." He says, sitting up, his arms still wrapped around Kresh. 

Floozer

Oct 1, 2015
"I think wood floors would be best boss. Keep with the theme and what not. More work is fine for better quality."

"How do we get the walls up though big guy? I mean, we have nails but don't walls need supports or something?"

Archangel99

Feb 13, 2016
"Alright, wood floors. As for the walls... Well... I suppose... We could just try stacking the wood one on top of the other?" He shrugs. "Never really thought about it."

Floozer

Oct 1, 2015
"Hmm, if we cut those logs in half we could put the smooth side in and the rough bark on the outside. That would give it a nice cabin look, like Isabelle's place!"

Archangel99

Feb 13, 2016
"Yeah, that would work!" He bobs his head, the house already starting to take shape. "But first we need to get the basic framework down. Rooms, size of each, etcetera. Then we can work on the rest of the house." He says. 

Floozer

Oct 1, 2015
"Yea, that is true. So we need to get a bunch of planks to make the frame work right? I am no carpenter so this is just what I have heard while in Toy'la"

"Someone must have built all those houses in the city. Surely we can ask them for help or at least advice?"

Archangel99

Feb 13, 2016
"Yep. Good idea. Who wants to come? Or who wants to go, really, because whoever's staying back will have to continue working." He says, curling his fists in the sand. He just loved that feeling...

Floozer

Oct 1, 2015
Altra gets up. "I will head into town. Kresh, you come with me, I need a body guard."

"Very well, I don't mind."

"Wallet please!"

Archangel99

Feb 13, 2016
Dryvus sighs and tosses them the purse. "Really need to start looking for another line of work. Being adventurous and too charming is turning out to be rather expensive..." He mutters, getting back up and heading to the wood pile. 

Floozer

Oct 1, 2015
"Other lines of work would most likely separate you from us though." Altra gives him a quick peck on the cheek. "We will be back in a few hours."

"See you soon chieftain"

Archangel99

Feb 13, 2016
He laughs and waves, already beginning to work on the logs again, sawing them in half this time. 

Floozer

Oct 1, 2015
So the hours tick by with Jessy, Willow and Frasia working on the logs with Dryvus. Gawd comes back over and slides the smooth logs down into the foundation holes for them. By the time Altra and Kresh come back they have made some fair progress, having chopped 4 logs in half and cleaned up the ends.

"big guy! We found a craftsman who sold us this construction book, told us some good advice and gave us a box of mortar for the foundation!"

Floozer

Oct 1, 2015
"fourty dons. Mortar is easy to make apparently."

Kresh comes over and plops a large box on the floor. "just add water he said."

Archangel99

Feb 13, 2016
"....Right... Anyway, we'll get started on that once we're done laying the foundations. Lemme see the book." He says, dropping the tool and holding his hand out for the book. 

Floozer

Oct 1, 2015
Altra plops the book in his hand. Inside is a detailed list of things needed to build a house. how to go about nailing the floor down and the planks together. How to frame walls and then line them. It goes on and on for everything they will need and ends with how to build a roof without collapsing onto the house below. 

Archangel99

Feb 13, 2016
"Wow. That's pretty impressive... Alright... So here's the cabin wall section... And it looks like Frasia was right. We just stack them with the bark side out. Roof... Supports first, that's pretty obvious. Hm! Pretty useful! Thanks guys!" He says, smiling. "Now let's get to work!" He snaps the book shut and goes back to sawing the logs. Had to at least get the walls up first...

Floozer

Oct 1, 2015
with all six of them working and Gawd lending a finger here and there they make quick progress. Sadly, the sun is going down and it is getting hard to see. They have the foundation set and the mortar drying in the ground around the logs. the past hours or two have been cutting out boards for the floor.

Archangel99

Feb 13, 2016
"Alright everyone! That's it for today!" Dryvus calls out, letting the tools fall from his hand, packing them back into the bag after his hands stop shaking. 

Floozer

Oct 1, 2015
The girls chime in and heads back over to the slide.

"Well, this is going faster than I had hoped. The mortar should be dry by tomorrow morning."

"Yes but where are we staying tonight?"

Jessy just smirks and quickly makes a large cave rise from the ground. "Tada"

"Oh...that works!"

Archangel99

Feb 13, 2016
Dryvus chuckles. "Yeah that works. Let's go in. I'm about to pass out from exhaustion..." He says, walking into the cave. 

Floozer

Oct 1, 2015
Everyone piles into the cave and promply huddles around Dryvus on the floor. Altra lays on his chest, Willow to his right, Frasia on the left. Jessy has her tail wrapped around his legs and Kresh is above his head. After a mumer of good nights, they are all out like lights.

Archangel99

Feb 13, 2016
In the morning, Dryvus wakes. His arms are sore, obviously, but he doesn't move, not wanting to disturb the others around him. He simply waits, basking in the warmth and companionship of their bodies, waiting for them to wake up. 

Floozer

Oct 1, 2015
He lays there for thirty minutes before they begin to stir. First is Kresh, then Jessy, willow, Frasia and laslty Altra. They all wake up with sleepy yawns and stretches, planting light kisses on his face. One by one they get up and step outside into the fresh morning air, stretching and looking around.

Archangel99

Feb 13, 2016
Dryvus grins as they all kiss his face, then gets up to go out with them. "Well, let's run through a few exercises to get rid of the soreness!" He says, motioning for them to get in line and performing a few warmup exercises, focusing mostly on the arms. 

Floozer

Oct 1, 2015
The girls line up and follow his exercises, stretching out sore limbs and limbering up for the day. When they are close to finished, Gawd comes walking in from the far side of the lake. She lays down in her usual spot and her harem of seven shark girls quickly come out to embrace her in small hugs. Rather than start servicing her, she starts speaking with them, pointing to the construction sight.

Archangel99

Feb 13, 2016
"I... Think we're about to get some help, guys..." He says, pausing in the middle of a stretch and looking at them.

Floozer

Oct 1, 2015
Gawd comes over with her harem and they line up straight. "Here you go Dryvus, they are not skilled but they are strong. Let them handle the menial labor while you guys focus the detailed work."

Archangel99

Feb 13, 2016
He nods. "Thanks a lot, Gawd. You four, start sawing the logs in half. You three, follow Jessy's instructions and get started on the walls. The rest of us will help too." He says, moving to the logs, opening the bag of tools and letting them take out saws. He takes one and begins sawing away, splitting the logs neatly in half. 

Floozer

Oct 1, 2015
So the group gets to work with the help of Gawds harem and herself they mak excellent progress. Days turn to weeks turn to months as they work and work on their new home. Finally, two and a half months later, their new lake side home is complete! The entire building is in a rough U shape with the left and right wings moving rather out thant he center of the building. It stands three stories tall and takes up a large portion of land. The exterior of the building is rough bark gibing it a very natural look. Inside is fresh wood floors and walls. The entrance to the house is a simple walk way with stairs against the far wall to take you up to the other floors. A door to the left leads to the ground floor bedrooms while a door to the right leads to a dining room and kitchen.

On the bottom floor of the right wing is Kresh'na's gym, a large flat room with plenty of space for exercises and training. Past that is Jessy's crystal room which already is covered in growing red crystals. On the second floor is Willow's library where she plans to stock pile helpful books. Up on the third floor is Altra's alchemy lab, already populated with herbs, vials and recipe books.

The entire left wing is living quarters from top to bottom. The entire top floor is one massive master bedroom for Dryvus and his harem.