Return to Mareth (In Game)

Ecnalab

Apr 18, 2016
"Well, I've never encountered them in a group, so I don't know if that would change things. Although, I'm not to keen to find out if you can overdose on their venom, so that's probably for the best." As he spoke, Isaac walked over to the anemone and began waving his arms at it. "Shoo! Shoo! Go on, no incubators here."

The blue girl gave a hurt expression and began crawling back toward the surf.

Penguinmafia

Jul 28, 2016
"I'm sorry, maybe we can meet up sometime?" Even though she had just attempted to fuck her and fill her with eggs, Mia still feels a bit bad at the sad look from the anenome.

Woider

Aug 26, 2015
Denmark
"Isaac, why don't you tell the same story to them you did to me?" She gives him a little nudge with her elbow.

Ecnalab

Apr 18, 2016
"Huh? Oh, right! My name is Isaac, I'm a hunter from the city of Tel'Kara. Please, I need you all to come with me, the council needs to know that there are more humans in Mareth," Isaac pleaded.

Floozer

Oct 1, 2015
"There is a city still tanding?! A council even? Yes of course, we shall come along gladly! We could get supplies there and learn more about the lands!" Castella's face is alight at the though of civilization.

Ecnalab

Apr 18, 2016
"Really? That's great," declared Isaac. "But, hold on, you should know that it is quite the journey to the sea. First we need to get to the other side of the lake, and then cross the desert beyond that. It's a good two week trip just to get to the ocean, and then another weeks worth of sailing. How are you folks doing as far as supplies go?"

Woider

Aug 26, 2015
Denmark
"Yeah, I don't think we can last 3 or more weeks with what we've got." She looks in her pack... maybe a week's rations if they're scraping it.

Ecnalab

Apr 18, 2016
"We'll need to stock up on provisions then. I can track down food in the forest,do any of you know of any good gathering places," asked Isaac.

[Have Elliana make a spout lore check, please.]

Ecnalab

Apr 18, 2016
Thinking back to her 'interrogation' of the glimmerling, Cindy, Elliana remembered her mentioning something about canine peppers being easier to find outside the forest, as well as something about fox people living deeper in the woods. 

Woider

Aug 26, 2015
Denmark
"The only things I know of that are edible are sadly things that will change us." She rubs her chin as she speaks. "Though maybe the fox people the glimmerling talked about have supplies we could bargain for..."

Ecnalab

Apr 18, 2016
"Fox people?" asked Isaac. "I didn't think there were any people left on the mainland that weren't demons."

Penguinmafia

Jul 28, 2016
"Yeah this demon Elliana had.... a talk with said she might be able to find these fox people in the forest."

Floozer

Oct 1, 2015
"does everything in this land change you? Is there nothing that is just food and not transformative in nature?" She thinks for a moment. "Do you think Sanctify will purge the transformation affects?"

Gamer791

Oct 14, 2015
"I wouldn't bet on that, even if the demons were to try to taint the food, all food here isn't native to our world, it would probably have some strange effect to us either way, just as too much air is lethal to fish..our fish that is."

Floozer

Oct 1, 2015
She sighs defeated. "I suppose that it true. There is nothing corrupt about the transformations themselves, so sanctify wouldn't work huh? Surely there is something we can eat safely right?"

Gamer791

Oct 14, 2015
*Maybe if we try processing it, maybe dry it up or cook it? Surely something of that manner can lessen the effects..."

Floozer

Oct 1, 2015
"Well we will have to try as we don't have endless supplies. Maybe at this city Isaac spoke of we will get some information on safe food."

Gamer791

Oct 14, 2015
"What about you Isaac? Do you know anything about this?"

Last edited by a moderator:

Ecnalab

Apr 18, 2016
"Well, of course there's food that doesn't have transformative effects." Isaac chuckled at the question for a moment before he realized the blank stares he was getting. "Oh! You're serious," he exclaimed. "Yes, there's food that doesn't transform you when you eat it. It's just a little harder to come by than the wild fruits and vegies that you find. Corn, potatoes, wheat, you know, the stuff you typically find on farms. Not to mention fish, deer, and other game animals that can be hunted. And, as for cooking food, yes processing the wild stuff does tend to get rid of the transformation effects."

Floozer

Oct 1, 2015
"that is excellent news! Thank you once again Isaac! you are most helpful!"

Ecnalab

Apr 18, 2016
"No problem," he replied. "Wow, you guys really must not have been here for very long. If you had tried to survive off of nothing but wild food, you'd have ended up a jumble of mismatched parts."

Floozer

Oct 1, 2015
She cringes at that. "Umm, yes, that would have been unfortunate to say the least. We have some rations right now, but once those ran out we would be in a tight space."

Gamer791

Oct 14, 2015
"Then i'd suggest we start drying fruits and packing purified water, best we save the rations for when there's no local food to pick."

Penguinmafia

Jul 28, 2016
"Y...yeah well I guess we should avoid eating anything that looks dodgy for now." She rubs her ear between her thumb and forefinger sheepishly.

Floozer

Oct 1, 2015
"Well then, I suggest we start packing up our things and get ready to move with Isaac here. It sounds like we have a rather rough journey ahead of us."

Ecnalab

Apr 18, 2016
Before the journey could begin in earnest, the matter of supplies would have to be taken care of. While the group mulled over their options, several possibilities came to mind. Hunting and gathering as Isaac had suggested was certainly an option, as was questioning the few locals they had met. The glimmerlings had proven willing to negotiate for certain favors, and they had mentioned something about fox people living deeper in the woods. The shark girl Carla had mentioned returning soon as well. Her knowledge of the lake and the surrounding area could prove useful.

Of curse, the manner in which these options would be pursued also needed to be addressed. Would the companions stick together? Or, perhaps, split up to cover more ground? Regardless, decisions needed to be made.

Floozer

Oct 1, 2015
"We have to get more supplies, everyone agrees on that. We have several avenues to get said supplies but each one carries it's own risks. Hunting and gathering is the most straight forward, but we have no idea what the animals are like around here. The demons Elliana met with seemed willing to lend a hand so long as their libido was satisfied. We could also go looking for these fox people living deeper in the woods. Finally is Carla, she knows much about the lake and the area around it so maybe she knows what we can potentially get around here for rations. Personally, I think we should split up and cover a bit more land. In fact, we have four avenues of potential and four of us, we could potentially each take one...though the risk is great."

Woider

Aug 26, 2015
Denmark
"Technically we are 5, with Isaac. And Carla might be willing to assists aswell, so that's 6. I reckon I could handle going on my own, since I'm the one who knows most about the forest of the four of us... so if you took Isaac, you could split up into two groups of two."