Vic 2.0 (Not you)

Non Entity

Jul 19, 2016
Hi, just a dumb "what if?".

In the "Steele's age" discussion in the general for TiTS chat IVIsteriousperson made a point that if Vic had direct cloning available to him he would have opted for that instead of the player character. This had gotten me thinking about what an encounter of a failed Vic Clone would look like. The easy and logical answer would be that it would appear like something out of a David Cronenberg story on account of his fucked genes, but what if your father's clone was just unhinged and looking to inherent "his own" legacy? How would your Steele react?

Last edited by a moderator:

BubbleLord

Scientist
Creator
Jun 24, 2016
Heh, that's actually kind of an interesting prospect. Finding some poor broken Vic clone that sees himself as the true heir to everything Vic 1.0 had... I see potential in that, even if I really doubt it would ever be in the game. As long as Vic 2.0 wasn't a complete psycho, you could even run with the ultimate mind-fuck of allowing Steele to sleep with him. :p  

Seems like it could be an awesome fanfic idea!

Borderlands is what happens when we make Vic 2.0.

#LetVicRestInPeace

Woider

Aug 26, 2015
Denmark
Part of me sees Vic as not wanting to make a clone, since he, if I recall, wants his heir to be a better person than him, rather than be him.

Woider

Aug 26, 2015
Denmark
I never got that impression from Vic at all, but I also haven't really read through character creation or he tutorial in... like years. Does Vic explicitly mention any kind of personal regrets like that? If he does, I have to admit I've been a little too hard on him. Still hate him, but at least he can acknowledge his own shortcomings in some small way.

Even if he does put his heir in a position to develop those exact shortcomings themselves...

From the tutorial:

"It’s perfect, Victor thinks. His child could rise to greatness, becoming richer and more powerful than he ever was. And perhaps, with a bit of luck, a better person as well."

Nik_van_Rijn

Sep 10, 2015
Moscow, RF
Eh... I'll give him a few points. Better than nothing.

Thank G-d for JimT. His rewrite managed to make Vic's role and behaviour in the tutorial much more palatable.

And OP, we all know that the failed Vic clone already exists, and it's green and gooey. #thetruth3000

Last edited:

Couch

Scientist
Creator
Aug 26, 2015
I can't believe you people buy into this #thetruth3000 bullshit.  It's as transparent an attempt to discredit actual truth-seekers as they come.  All this nonsense about Celise being the Steele heir's mother or dad's clone or whatever distracts from the actual, solid evidence that Victor is still alive under the alias "Big T", an obvious reference to his penis and the "Big Trick" he played on the galaxy.

I've attached video evidence.  If this post has been edited, you'll know that's a sign that they deleted it.

Steevee

Oct 3, 2015
have the clone think its the original.

maybe have somebody trying to catch the thing.

shadefalcon

Oct 13, 2015
I remember hearing about eventually having the possibility to have alternative bodies as a late game addition. Not sure if the tech was completed at the time before Steele Jr. But if it was, and it could successfully let him live in a new body, I could totally imagine him using the "I´m gonna die soon" as an excuse to go into early(?) retirement.

This makes me wonder. How old are the other company CEOs? Like Tamani and Kiha f. ex. (Though Tamani is considered an urban legend)

Nik_van_Rijn

Sep 10, 2015
Moscow, RF
Though Tamani is considered an urban legend)

That would be the CEO of  KihaCorp, since Tamani makes regular personal appearance in marketing and advertisement materials of her company. And so far Jarvis has the title the oldest human encountered or mentioned in the game.

shadefalcon

Oct 13, 2015
That would be the CEO of  KihaCorp, since Tamani makes regular personal appearance in marketing and advertisement materials of her company. And so far Jarvis has the title the oldest human encountered or mentioned in the game.

It´s been a while since I read that, so I guess I thought about the wrong CEO :p

I guess he is. I haven´t really done the Sera party, but I know we can ask him about his age. And I´m assuming he´s actually very old. There´s a couple of other old Terrans out there like Bran Flazingan the owner of Humphard incorporated. But I have no idea which one is older. I´m guessing Bran for now, seeing as he knew Victor.

Nik_van_Rijn

Sep 10, 2015
Moscow, RF
It´s been a while since I read that, so I guess I thought about the wrong CEO :p

I guess he is. I haven´t really done the Sera party, but I know we can ask him about his age. And I´m assuming he´s actually very old. There´s a couple of other old Terrans out there like Bran Flazingan the owner of Humphard incorporated. But I have no idea which one is older. I´m guessing Bran for now, seeing as he knew Victor.

Jarvis is more than 800 years old, he lived through four Rushes. According to him, it's not nearly the limit of what anti-agiatic treatments can grant to a body, but it's way past the point at which the brains of most people start struggling to cope with the experience and their will to live starts to diminish.

shadefalcon

Oct 13, 2015
Jarvis is more than 800 years old, he lived through four Rushes. 

Damn. He´s older than Vic... I think I´ve gotta do the Sera party soon.

According to him, it's not nearly the limit of what anti-agiatic treatments can grant to a body, but it's way past the point at which the brains of most people start struggling to cope with the experience and their will to live starts to diminish.

And he´s still going on? (This is the very reason Gryvains don´t use life prolonging treatments)

I´m actually a bit more interested in this character now. Thanks for enlightening me :)  

Nik_van_Rijn

Sep 10, 2015
Moscow, RF
No problem, SF. You really should see the event and Jarvis. Nonesuch writes pretty interesting and varied examples of cool, sophisticated and sly (old) gents, even though his most in-demand content is edgy and agressive futa demon lady.

PyrateHyena

Oct 13, 2015
In my headcanon OP's idea would result in a Vertigo-esque scenario, way too deep and interesting for me to ignore. If it is it would have to stay fanfic because of scope, and other reasons and cans-of-worms-I-do-not-want-to-open right now. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q3bbsDJWlXQ

Nonesuch

Scientist
Creator
Aug 27, 2015
Nonesuch writes pretty interesting and varied examples of cool, sophisticated and sly (old) gents

You don't buy into Charles's reasoning, then. Interesting.

Nonesuch

Scientist
Creator
Aug 27, 2015

Noob Salad

Captain Shitpost
Aug 26, 2015
Misty's a tough customer.

Lashcharge

Aug 27, 2015
This is an excellent idea and because of development works and Vic's transformations he wouldn't look exactly like Vic. He probably just have a uncanny resemblance to Vic. Although I don't think Vic would be the kind of person to make a clone, he doesn't really have to.

The clone could be part of a scam to rob CEO'S out of their wealth by inheritance and when that was legislated against, he was dumped in a orphanage. He doesn't even need to know he was a clone and only finds out after meeting/sexing Steele Jr.

It could also be an attempt at getting Steele inheritance by an criminal organization. Even if Steele tried to keep it a secret I doubt the ones that build the probe didn't let part of it slip it out in advance. It shouldn't be to hard to figure out this whole quest thing Steele. Through from what I've the Black Void is going to be do this with one of Vic's child.

Glassboy

Sep 6, 2015
Ireland
What if Vic created a clone to serve as a backup if Steele Jr. wasn't up to the task?
Like "His child could rise to greatness, becoming richer and more powerful than he ever was. And perhaps, with a bit of luck, a better person as well."
But if Steele Jr. wasn't up the task he'd need a backup plan. Some way to keep the empire he dedicated his life to building alive, after all without a competent CEO Steele Tech
 might fall to ruins or worse, Max Steele might swoop in and try to take over, that conniving pox.

Then there's always the possibility that Victor might just have had an AI made with his brain patterns printed onto it. That way there'd be no risk of the AI trying to steal the company under his true heir (can't open the genetic locks) and the AI could be programmed to shut down when Steele Jr. gets the keys to the CEO's office.

I remember hearing about eventually having the possibility to have alternative bodies as a late game addition. Not sure if the tech was completed at the time before Steele Jr. But if it was, and it could successfully let him live in a new body, I could totally imagine him using the "I´m gonna die soon" as an excuse to go into early(?) retirement.

Not sure that'd be lore friendly though. Vic only had his heir because he was dying. Which is kind of at odds with the idea of him just wanting to sneak into early retirement. But also if he was faking it, why wouldn't he let Steele Jr. in on it? Realistically Steele would probably be going through grief after his/her fathers death which would have a negative impact on him/her. I mean hacking your way though Mhen'ga's Jungles and trying to avoid getting raped by everything is hard enough, so why would Vic force his heir to deal with the emotional devastation of losing their Father when he's really just sitting at a 5 star beach front hotel on Pleasure Planet, watching a binary sunset whilst enjoying a Pan Galactic Gargle Blaster? The gried would reduce Steele Jr's chances of success which is clearly not what he wants.

But you cannot possibly give the option of your Steele boning the clone of their deceased Dad. I mean TiTS does some pretty outlandish things but that's way too much of a mind fcuk.

Zavos

May 7, 2016
reminds me of something out of Soma

"you don't want your copy to survive you, you want to survive in your copy"

shadefalcon

Oct 13, 2015
Not sure that'd be lore friendly though. Vic only had his heir because he was dying. Which is kind of at odds with the idea of him just wanting to sneak into early retirement. But also if he was faking it, why wouldn't he let Steele Jr. in on it? Realistically Steele would probably be going through grief after his/her fathers death which would have a negative impact on him/her. I mean hacking your way though Mhen'ga's Jungles and trying to avoid getting raped by everything is hard enough, so why would Vic force his heir to deal with the emotional devastation of losing their Father when he's really just sitting at a 5 star beach front hotel on Pleasure Planet, watching a binary sunset whilst enjoying a Pan Galactic Gargle Blaster? The gried would reduce Steele Jr's chances of success which is clearly not what he wants.

After sending his kid on a possibly life threatening quest that could take a long while (or like under a year...), making him/her face several though challenges when he could've easily just handed over the company...I don't think he'd want to be found alive...at least for a good while after Steele Jr. has become a CEO. And had some time to cool down...

It's not a serious theory btw. Just a fun idea :p

Glassboy

Sep 6, 2015
Ireland
After sending his kid on a possibly life threatening quest that could take a long while (or like under a year...), making him/her face several though challenges when he could've easily just handed over the company...I don't think he'd want to be found alive...at least for a good while after Steele Jr. has become a CEO. And had some time to cool down...

It's not a serious theory btw. Just a fun idea :p

I have to admit I'd love some dialogue between Steels Jr. and Vic If it turned out Vic was faking it the whole time.

"Well kiddo you've certainly made me proud."
  You turn to the door of the CEO office to see your father leaning against the door frame, he looks younger and healthier than you ever remember but that mischievous twinkle in his eyes and self-assured demeanour is all you need to let you know that this is definitely Victor Steele.
  "What..." you start.
  "What am I doing alive?" he suggest, cutting you off. "I had a clone of myself grown from stem cells around the same time as your contraception, when my old body died I just had my consciousness moved over to this body. In this day and age it's pretty basic stuff."
  "...the FUCK! YOU TOLD ME YOU WERE DEAD! YOU HAD ME RUNNING AROUND THE UNIVERSE SO I COULD PROVE MYSELF WORTHY OF YOU AND YOU'VE JUST BEEN HANGING AROUND HERE THIS WHOLE TIME?"
  "Well I... I needed to know you'd be able to take care of yourself when I retired... And the company needs a CEO who's proven their tenacity..."
  "PROVEN MY TENACITY? FUCK YOU! I'VE BEEN SHOT, STABBED, RAPED, POISONED, DRUGGED AND BEATEN TO CRAP! AND THAT'S ONLY ON MHEN'GA! I NEARLY DROWNED ON CUM! HAVE YOU EVER NEARLY DIED SUCKING SOMEONE OFF?
  "Well actually..."
  "I'VE CAUGHT SSTD'S! I WAS FORCED TO CHANGE MY PHYSIOLOGY EATING SIMPLE FOOD BECAUSE OF THOSE DAMNED NANOBOTS! I HAVE A PARASITIC PUSSY ATTACHED TO MY ASS, A FUCKING PARASITIC PUSSY! AND DON'T EVEN GET ME STARTED ON-

You berate Victor long into the night. You'll recover in 8 hours or so missing some of your gems.

Except Y'know, it'd be written by someone with actually writing talent. :p

Emerald

Jun 8, 2016
I have to admit I'd love some dialogue between Steels Jr. and Vic If it turned out Vic was faking it the whole time.

"Well kiddo you've certainly made me proud."
  You turn to the door of the CEO office to see your father leaning against the door frame, he looks younger and healthier than you ever remember but that mischievous twinkle in his eyes and self-assured demeanour is all you need to let you know that this is definitely Victor Steele.
  "What..." you start.
  "What am I doing alive?" he suggest, cutting you off. "I had a clone of myself grown from stem cells around the same time as your contraception, when my old body died I just had my consciousness moved over to this body. In this day and age it's pretty basic stuff."
  "...the FUCK! YOU TOLD ME YOU WERE DEAD! YOU HAD ME RUNNING AROUND THE UNIVERSE SO I COULD PROVE MYSELF WORTHY OF YOU AND YOU'VE JUST BEEN HANGING AROUND HERE THIS WHOLE TIME?"
  "Well I... I needed to know you'd be able to take care of yourself when I retired... And the company needs a CEO who's proven their tenacity..."
  "PROVEN MY TENACITY? FUCK YOU! I'VE BEEN SHOT, STABBED, RAPED, POISONED, DRUGGED AND BEATEN TO CRAP! AND THAT'S ONLY ON MHEN'GA! I NEARLY DROWNED ON CUM! HAVE YOU EVER NEARLY DIED SUCKING SOMEONE OFF?
  "Well actually..."
  "I'VE CAUGHT SSTD'S! I WAS FORCED TO CHANGE MY PHYSIOLOGY EATING SIMPLE FOOD BECAUSE OF THOSE DAMNED NANOBOTS! I HAVE A PARASITIC PUSSY ATTACHED TO MY ASS, A FUCKING PARASITIC PUSSY! AND DON'T EVEN GET ME STARTED ON-

You berate Victor long into the night. You'll recover in 8 hours or so missing some of your gems.

Except Y'know, it'd be written by someone with actually writing talent. :p

Pfft Hell, this looks like it would be sillymode material because good fricking god I lost my shit laughing at ALL of this.

Nik_van_Rijn

Sep 10, 2015
Moscow, RF
I was referring to a character I wrote that could be male, female or neither depending on a certain point of view in a needlessly oblique manner.

How could I forget about them after going through the doc so many times, and go on a wild goose chase trying to figure out what sort of abductive reasoning you were alluding to. I hang my head in shame.

To my defense though, even if there is some crossover, they don't utilize all of the same tropes as Jarvis, Gene or Zenith.

jarllee97

Jun 13, 2016
Not gonna lie. This sounds like a really tragic idea. A clone convinced that it is Vic and believes that it should carry on the originals goals, only to be discarded and meet the very person that "stole" its legacy and reason for existence.

Nik_van_Rijn

Sep 10, 2015
Moscow, RF
Not gonna lie. This sounds like a really tragic idea. A clone convinced that it is Vic and believes that it should carry on the originals goals, only to be discarded and meet the very person that "stole" its legacy and reason for existence.

And for PC, interacting with that clone will make them face the reality of their dad actually wanting a clone of himself rather than a child, at least at some point, and all the doubt that will come from it. Which will combine with the now surfacing trail of abandoned bastards Victor had spawned to paint a pretty unsympathetic picture of him.

Probably won't make it into the game without some serious tonal shift, maybe even being relegated to Silly Mode non-canon content.