Nightgames Mod (v2.5.1.2) updated 2/11/17

dndw

Aug 27, 2015
Aikido Novice is one of the affection skills. It lets you use Hip Throw, and It's taught by the second sparring scene with Cassie. If I'm remembering it right, that is. It's like the Tickle Monster or Spider Skills, learned through Day Scenes with the opponents.

That's Judo Novice, actually. It does indeed allow Hip Throw. Aikido Novice improves the odds of successful counters.

The Silver Bard

Sep 2, 2015
Side-note, I read through the trait notes and noticed something called Aikido Novice and Affectionate as perks related to Kat, are these unique to her or can I earn them by repeatedly sexing and sparring her? Because I've sexed, gamed, and sparred her for at least 10 days straight.

Affectionate will eventually be gained by Kat's 2nd sex scene and Aikido Novice will be gained by Kat's 2nd sparring scene. However, I haven't written either of those scenes yet. I haven't decided what perk will be linked to her 2nd games scene.

Aosta

Jan 18, 2016
Huh, alright, thanks everyone for clearing all that up, I guess the last thing left on my to-do list is to train Submissive and Fetishism till I get Shameful Display and Tortoise Hold. What is a 'tortoise hold' anyway?

Draonir

Jan 16, 2016
Dndw, about the balancing thing for the op char. Maybe let hypnosis be able to pierce skeptical like as higher the hypnosis skill is as easier it is to pierce skeptical. You can also use it the other way around, as higher the hypnosis skill is it gets harder to be influenced by mindcontrolled debuffs (charm, enthralled and so on). 

The problem by this is you can easily get stun looked by removing the skeptical protection. A solution to this could be you make a stronger variation of skeptical like "belive nothing"

Last edited by a moderator:

Aosta

Jan 18, 2016
Is Maya meant to be OP or not OP? Because from my experience she's not tough, but not easy either. By stroke of luck I was grinding Animism when I unlocked her so I had access to the highly useful Orgasm ignore skill. Still doesn't stop her from dodging almost everything and punching through Skeptical with Hypnosis. On the upside I can use Eyes of Temptation on her now.

With other unlockable characters, Airi's excessively high willpower is her strong point but if you have an enlightened penis and aim for the ass it becomes her downfall because you can use her to super-buff your stats then make her cum with every turn until she tires out. Samantha seems fine, though I'm wondering if I can learn her Skilled Sex moves. Kat's Animism isn't too hard to defeat, if you can outlast her Orgasm Ignore buff then she's out. Rosea and Reyka are the hard ones though, one always seems to be 30 levels above you despite sitting in the courtyard doing fuck-all, the other drains your stats with any type of sex forcing fingering, foot-grinding, and most weaker techniques up front.

nergantre

Aug 28, 2015
Heads up, new patch coming some time tomorrow fixing most of the issues that isn't FTC related. (not sure what to do there, going to see if dndw have some suggestions).

Here's the tentative patch notes, let me know if there's something missing from here and I'll try to sneak it in.

Code:
1.9.1 changelog

Balance:
- Reduced Airi's starting willpower from 500 to 150.
	- Increased her willpower growth to 5 per level, since it's actually kind of cool that she has a ridiculously high will power for a contestant.
- Wear Strapon now has a 6 turn cooldown, so you cannot just spam it
- Bluff and Determination now has a minimum calming effect of 20.
- Mystery NPC:
	- Added trait unnatural growth:
		- Always 5 levels higher than the highest level player, not counting anyone with natural growth or unnatural growth.
	- Added trait Enchanting Voice
		- Once every (2 + level difference / 5) turns, starting on turn 2, she gets a free command (same effect as the one in enthrall).
	- Made both LewdSuggestion and HeightenSenses usable when the target is not charmed, but they have a 1/3 chance of failing.
	- Gave her per level stat growths
- Reduced level influence on accuracy from 5% per level to 2% a level. Maximum is now 10% more accurate if you're 5 levels above, and 10% less accurate if you're 5 levels below.

Minor:
- Upgrading the dildo will still allow you to buy another one for transformations
- Use female pronouns if target has no genitals (stopgap feature because Airi sometimes makes both disappear...)
- Added courtyard to the map, and a bit of description to make it connected with the pool.

Bug fixes:
- Fixed a bug that would make tight and hole control apply to ass jobs and tribbing.
- Fixed a bug that was causing combatants with natural growth (Rosea) to have ridiculously high levels (now will always be at least max contestant levels + 2)
- Fixed a bug causing the remove all button to not work in the closet UI
- Fixed a bug causing you to receive rank 0 rewards at rank 2
- Fixed a bug causing a message to not display if you edited your rank to 2 without ever hitting 1
- Fixed a bug where Mara's high affection intro would crash the game. (Note: be careful with %)
- Fixed a bunch of typos. Unfortunately, I did not get to fix a lot of small plural verb agreement stuff, because that would need me to do a lot more work making sure that things like balls are plural and other stuff aren't... :\

Aosta

Jan 18, 2016
Quick question, when I update my game will my saves from 1.9 still work? Or will I have to restart from scratch? Not that I have an issue with starting over again, save that I wonder how will this affect old saves. Though, I'm a bit cautious about Maya's 5 levels above highest level player trait, because at almost all times Rosea will be 20+ levels above me. For an example, I'm level 115 now, she's about level 142, which is shocking since she's stuck in the courtyard and she'd have to make quite a fair bit of KOs to grind like 5 or so levels with every match she's participated in. (And she doesn't get more than 2 kills at most for many of those nights.) Though I'm not sure what that will do much for Maya's willpower expectancy, the first time I beat her there was an exact 20 level difference between us.

Aside from that, what affects the chances of a growth spell being permanent? I've unexpectedly given Kat a permanent cock, and somehow Mara gave me very big and permanent breasts, also shrinking my dick permanently a few times. Giving everyone except Angel a permanent cock seems like a really good idea since a divine pussy is downright lethal on anything with a dick attached.

Vasin

Aug 27, 2015
Is there a chance for one of the skill sets to include a chastity type ability? I think it would come in handy particularly here in the mod, where a certain type of genital mod might be overkill for the player character. Mostly Reyka, though, her soul-sucking pussy is the bane of my guy's existence.I mean sure it feels good, but that succubus stole all of my Dark ability.

All of it.

nergantre

Aug 28, 2015
Quick question, when I update my game will my saves from 1.9 still work? Or will I have to restart from scratch? Not that I have an issue with starting over again, save that I wonder how will this affect old saves. Though, I'm a bit cautious about Maya's 5 levels above highest level player trait, because at almost all times Rosea will be 20+ levels above me. For an example, I'm level 115 now, she's about level 142, which is shocking since she's stuck in the courtyard and she'd have to make quite a fair bit of KOs to grind like 5 or so levels with every match she's participated in. (And she doesn't get more than 2 kills at most for many of those nights.) Though I'm not sure what that will do much for Maya's willpower expectancy, the first time I beat her there was an exact 20 level difference between us.

Aside from that, what affects the chances of a growth spell being permanent? I've unexpectedly given Kat a permanent cock, and somehow Mara gave me very big and permanent breasts, also shrinking my dick permanently a few times. Giving everyone except Angel a permanent cock seems like a really good idea since a divine pussy is downright lethal on anything with a dick attached.

Well Rosea is honestly just bugged right now, once you update, she should only be 2 levels above the maximum level not like +20.

Saves from 1.9.1 should work, but not from 1.8.x.

I believe permanence for the transforming abilities is 1 in 20 chance all the time. Unless the target has the stable form perk, in which it's 0% chance.

Is there a chance for one of the skill sets to include a chastity type ability? I think it would come in handy particularly here in the mod, where a certain type of genital mod might be overkill for the player character. Mostly Reyka, though, her soul-sucking pussy is the bane of my guy's existence.I mean sure it feels good, but that succubus stole all of my Dark ability.

All of it.

Haha yeah I think Reyka and the succubus skills are a bit unbalanced right now. I'll try to think up of some kind of counter for it...

In the meantime, have you tried getting Cassie's cock mod? It prevents stat being stolen

Aosta

Jan 18, 2016
Well Rosea is honestly just bugged right now, once you update, she should only be 2 levels above the maximum level not like +20.

Saves from 1.9.1 should work, but not from 1.8.x.

I believe permanence for the transforming abilities is 1 in 20 chance all the time. Unless the target has the stable form perk, in which it's 0% chance.

Haha yeah I think Reyka and the succubus skills are a bit unbalanced right now. I'll try to think up of some kind of counter for it...

In the meantime, have you tried getting Cassie's cock mod? It prevents stat being stolen

Speaking of which, is there a maximum level in the game? Or is it possible to grind all the way to 255 and beyond?

As for the cocks, so far I've seen Jewel's enlightenment gives bonus stats with every thrust (On Airi it's devastating as it stacks to +200 boosts.) Angel's divinity gives bonus stats on enemy orgasm and extra pleasure damage, Reyka's incubi shaft drains stats from the enemy with each thrust and enemy orgasm, and Kat's primal does quite a bit more extra pleasure damage (I think?), never tried Cassie's so far since I've seen no more than the runic pussy, and that one just seems to enthrall and do extra damage most of the time. If Mara is meant to have one (Cybernetic I presume.), along with Airi (Slime cock?), and Samantha (Well-trained penis?), I've half-a-feeling they may at some point.

dndw

Aug 27, 2015
Heads up, new patch coming some time tomorrow fixing most of the issues that isn't FTC related. (not sure what to do there, going to see if dndw have some suggestions).

I haven't got the time to test in-depth right now due to real-life commitments. I did have a look through all of the stuff that sets up an FTC match and found no obvious mistakes. If someone sends me a log file it might be immediately clear, but perhaps not.

Aosta

Jan 18, 2016
I haven't got the time to test in-depth right now due to real-life commitments. I did have a look through all of the stuff that sets up an FTC match and found no obvious mistakes. If someone sends me a log file it might be immediately clear, but perhaps not.

I'm still grinding for a FTC match, also I have RL stuff that need addressing in the meantime. So that may take a while. (Slight burnout from over-grinding notwithstanding.)

Vasin

Aug 27, 2015

I might try that, I have been thinking about it.

But I think I'm serious about the chastity-type ability. It'd be interested to be able to negate the special properties of modded sexy bits.

Also, is there a way to remove the leech seed before it turns me into a lust zombie?

dndw

Aug 27, 2015
I'm still grinding for a FTC match, also I have RL stuff that need addressing in the meantime. So that may take a while. (Slight burnout from over-grinding notwithstanding.)

As a general tip, if you save at dusk and then constantly reload that save, you can just keep going until you get the modifier you want. Whether it be FTC or no underwear, it'll show up eventually. (FTC at a 10% chance at level 15+)

Which reminds me about the modifiers. I have partially made a system that will allow you to make your own match modifiers, like "no underwear", "no toys" or "no masturbation". It works in code, mostly, but reading it from json isn't done yet. If anyone has any ideas for modifiers, let me know and I'll finish the system.

To get an overview, you can:

- Ban specific items, or ensure characters have them

- Ban toys, consumables, or both, combined with the above

- Ban specific non-combat actions

- Ban specific skills, or encourage/discourage them (Making NPCs more/less likely to pick them)

- Ban specific tactics, or encourage/discourage them (For example, one of the default modifiers, Pacifist, bans the 'damage' tactic, meaning you can't use 'red' skills)

- Ensure the player (or all characters) always have a certain status

- Ban certain layers of clothing (Like underwear (0), or coats (3))

- Ban certain slots of clothing (Like tops, bottoms, feet)

- Ban certain combinations of layers and slots. (Like no bottoms in layer 0 - no panties/boxers/briefs, but bras etc. are fine)

- Ban certain clothing attributes (Like Kinky, Open, Flexible)

- Force either the player or all characters to wear a specific article of clothing. (Like everyone has to wear tentacle underwear. That'd be mean.)

- Determine the per-win bonus money. This can be negative, so you can make a modifier that makes the match easier, but less profitable.

- Write scenes for both Lilly proposing the modifier, and you accepting it. (This is not so much a can as a have to)

If anyone comes up with some interesting combinations of the above, do tell.

One nonsensical example that I used for testing: There can be no fucking. NPCs are more likely to give blowjobs, less likely to kick. You can't use Locate. You can only wear underwear, except that you also have to wear a jacket. Also, you can't use toys. All for a measly $50 bonus.

Edit: Oh, and if anyone has anything else they'd like to be able to modify, I might be able to work it in. No promises, though.

Aosta

Jan 18, 2016
I do save at Dusk on some saves and reload it for completely naked, underwear only, no violence, and no items, though the last one I'm more relaxed on ever since I stopped buying Empty Bottles (Having 28 bottles of Holy Water also helps,). I do FTC if it appears and doesn't fail to load, though it's still really rare, I generally have to wait till I'm about a week into the game-start before I start getting FTCs that break.

Also, if I may suggest something, hotkeys. Or at least usage of Enter and/or Space to move through battle messages. part of the reason I favor Wild Ride and Wild Thrust over all other moves is because of how close the button is to the 'Next' button.most of the time. If you want to go a step further hypothetically, make it so you can assign some of the skills you use often to hotkeys.

nergantre

Aug 28, 2015
Here's 1.9.1. I tried putting some of the suggestions in there, but I couldn't really do much in the short amount of time I had. Hopefully it'll improve quality of life though :)

https://mega.nz/#!84A0TDxR!hfT5qxqWbfDdVM2yb2aVaZwOef3cMehKPuoLukCpuQU

Code:
1.9.1 changelog

New:
- Pressing spacebar will pick "Leave", "Next", or the left-most option if neither of those choices exist.
- The last used skill if it's available will always be on the left now.
- Added temporary portraits for the mysterious challenger.
	- I *really* don't like how they turned out so I probably will redo them at some point... :(

Balance:
- Reduced Airi's starting willpower from 500 to 150.
	- Increased her willpower growth to 5 per level, since it's actually kind of cool that she has a ridiculously high will power for a contestant.
- Wear Strapon now has a 6 turn cooldown, so you cannot just spam it
- Bluff and Determination now has a minimum calming effect of 20.
- Mystery NPC:
	- Added trait unnatural growth:
		- Always 5 levels higher than the highest level player, not counting anyone with natural growth or unnatural growth.
	- Added trait Enchanting Voice
		- Once every (2 + level difference / 5) turns, starting on turn 2, she gets a free command (same effect as the one in enthrall).
	- Made both LewdSuggestion and HeightenSenses usable when the target is not charmed, but they have a 1/3 chance of failing.
	- Gave her per level stat growths
- Reduced level influence on accuracy from 5% per level to 2% a level. Maximum is now 10% more accurate if you're 5 levels above, and 10% less accurate if you're 5 levels below.

Minor:
- Upgrading the dildo will still allow you to buy another one for transformations
- Use female pronouns if target has no genitals (stopgap feature because Airi sometimes makes both disappear...)
- Added courtyard to the map, and a bit of description to make it connected with the pool.

Bug fixes:
- Fixed a bug that would make tight and hole control apply to ass jobs and tribbing.
- Fixed a bug that was causing combatants with natural growth (Rosea) to have ridiculously high levels (now will always be at least max contestant levels + 2)
- Fixed a bug causing the remove all button to not work in the closet UI
- Fixed a bug causing you to receive rank 0 rewards at rank 2
- Fixed a bug causing a message to not display if you edited your rank to 2 without ever hitting 1
- Fixed a bug where Mara's high affection intro would crash the game. (Note: be careful with %)
- Fixed a bunch of typos. Unfortunately, I did not get to fix a lot of small plural verb agreement stuff, because that would need me to do a lot more work making sure that things like balls are plural and other stuff aren't... :\

Aosta

Jan 18, 2016
Trying out the new version, so far so good, though I'm still running into character portraits not loading after the first few battles after startup, though does anyone know where can I get a Summoning Scroll? I'm still trying to work that one out.

Vasin

Aug 27, 2015
Trying out the new version, so far so good, though I'm still running into character portraits not loading after the first few battles after startup, though does anyone know where can I get a Summoning Scroll? I'm still trying to work that one out.

Summoning Scrolls come in Caches. So try and chase them down if you can, and get Treasure Hunter if you need to in order to get them opened.

Well, that or you can cheat by editing them directly into your save. . .

ShadowBlaze94

Sep 9, 2015
An issue I had with FTC when playing it for the first time was that I could not remember where my base was. So I was curious as to how difficult it would be to put in a reminder somewhere to where your base is for that particular game. Also, and this is more of a temporary problem but since I'm not familiar with the FTC map, I had no clue what led where

Vasin

Aug 27, 2015
Small bug, I noticed it only with the FTC game, but it might have shown up somewhere else.

At the end of the night I was the only one to get any wins, and that was up to 21. Despite the fact that I only got into 3 fights the whole night.

dndw

Aug 27, 2015
An issue I had with FTC when playing it for the first time was that I could not remember where my base was. So I was curious as to how difficult it would be to put in a reminder somewhere to where your base is for that particular game. Also, and this is more of a temporary problem but since I'm not familiar with the FTC map, I had no clue what led where

That's actually intended. I mean, you are spontaneously dropped in some random forest, possibly naked. Adds to the mystery, I think.

Small bug, I noticed it only with the FTC game, but it might have shown up somewhere else.

At the end of the night I was the only one to get any wins, and that was up to 21. Despite the fact that I only got into 3 fights the whole night.

In normal matches 1 win = 1 point, but FTC uses a different scoring mechanism (as explained in the changelog). The points are still called wins, though. The fact that none of the other competitors scored any points might be an issue.

Vasin

Aug 27, 2015
That may be why i thought it was a bug.

Another thing I do know, however, are pronoun issues. I've had the game switch from calling both Samantha and Reyka he and she frequently, though it seems to like to stay on he. There was also an instance where when I was commanded to please Reyka's penis, I was stated to be worshiping a 'average runic shaft' and then an 'incubus shaft.'

dndw

Aug 27, 2015
That may be why i thought it was a bug.

Another thing I do know, however, are pronoun issues. I've had the game switch from calling both Samantha and Reyka he and she frequently, though it seems to like to stay on he. There was also an instance where when I was commanded to please Reyka's penis, I was stated to be worshiping a 'average runic shaft' and then an 'incubus shaft.'

The game will use masculine pronouns if they have a cock but no pussy. If you have male preference set high, they might undergo the requisite changes. Temporary changes from drafts and skills count, too. If neither is the case, there might be an issue here.

Vasin

Aug 27, 2015
They have both. I do have the male preference set high, but in both instances they still had their pussies. I was able to target them during each match, so I know it's not an instance of them removing their female genitalia.

Aosta

Jan 18, 2016
Summoning Scrolls come in Caches. So try and chase them down if you can, and get Treasure Hunter if you need to in order to get them opened.

Well, that or you can cheat by editing them directly into your save. . .

Well shit. The irony is that I try to avoid caches because my inventory and trait sections are so stuffed I try not to add any extras so I can at least see something of the status bar, though when you have EVERY trait (I think, but I've got 50-100 in the primary stats, and 50 for all the skills, I think that's more than enough to check if I meet all trait criteria.) except Personal Inertia because it's the last thing you want against Maya and Reyka... Yeah I have to guess my buffs and debuffs now. Anyone know what's the drop rate? I seem to keep getting Sensitivity Pots, Aphrodisiacs, Dissolving Solutions, the run-of-the-mill stuff in general.

Which gives me an idea to suggest, perhaps the inventory can be divided into sections? Separate by buttons, a section for All Items, or Panties, Throwing Items, Trap Items, and Sex Toys. Or for a simpler idea, a scroll bar on the side of the Inventory and Status sections so you can scroll down to see the rest of the stuff?

Aosta

Jan 18, 2016
If my 1.9 save is still accurate (Well, not really since Maya hasn't level jumped to 155, but Rosea's level-gain has stunted and Airi retained her 500 over Willpower.), Maya has a chance to be a participant again after her debut on her special night which as noted above takes place once every 30 days, on those days she's a guaranteed participant. Though if you say her appearance is a random chance does that mean Maya's appearances will now be limited to once every 30 nights now?

Also, does anyone know how to trigger the Dark skill-tree's Level Drain skill? I've seen it before at 30-50 Darkness or but I have no idea what's the criteria

nergantre

Aug 28, 2015
I think level drain can only be used while fucking and of a lower level level than the opponent