Shade Relationship Question

VirgoInChains

Jun 13, 2016
How do you learn that Shade's your sister? I've completed KaraQuest part 2 and met Shade on Uveto twice, once at the bar and once at her home.

Etis

Creator
Aug 26, 2015
How do you learn that Shade's your sister? I've completed KaraQuest part 2 and met Shade on Uveto twice, once at the bar and once at her home.

You need probe from Myrellion. And you can only get it if you have the best outcome with Tavira (and best is to win the fight).

VirgoInChains

Jun 13, 2016
Thank you very much.

Now excuse me while I flush my saves down the drain and start over from the beginning. Thankfully I have Minerva so this shouldn't be too horrible...

Couch

Scientist
Creator
Aug 26, 2015
The best outcome is subjugating Tavira.  This demonstrates understanding of and respect for the local customs instead of trying to bullheadedly impose your own, gets you the probe, doesn't have you promise away half the company to a person you've known for literally thirty seconds and doesn't make your mouth write checks your ass can't cash with promises of weapons.

Ormael

Aug 27, 2015
Heh how we could know if Best option at fight with Tavira is subjugating her? It's for sure most fitting local tradition thing.

Plus I don't get what people see funny in getting to her married without much fight or so. She's nyrea feamel so technicaly she got cock so won't she sooner or later try get upper hand in this "peacefull" outcome? (that not mean I see they done wrong and can respect those players choices just not see personaly reason to pick other option than beat her into dirt showing who is beta here ^^)

And as for Shade and sister thing...I not sure there may be other way to find out she's pc sister but even IF it exist even as merely idea it isn't added yet.

Noob Salad

Captain Shitpost
Aug 26, 2015
Slave waifu is best waifu.

VirgoInChains

Jun 13, 2016
Wait, am I supposed to subjugate her, kill her, or fuck her? I tried subjugating her but I get no option to tell Shade we're siblings. Or do I have to wait until after I finish part two of KaraQuest?

Never mind...

Last edited by a moderator:

Couch

Scientist
Creator
Aug 26, 2015
Wait, am I supposed to subjugate her, kill her, or fuck her? I tried subjugating her but I get no option to tell Shade we're siblings. Or do I have to wait until after I finish part two of KaraQuest?

Never mind...

To tell Shade that you're siblings, you must do the first KaraQuest before going to Taivra's palace.  Make sure you do the step where you go to the farthest-south part of the main hall in the spaceport so Kara gives you your reward, though I don't think that part's strictly necessary.  Once you do this, go to Taivra's palace, clear it and subjugate her so you can reclaim the probe.  Go back to your ship and there should be a scene where Shade touches it, allowing you to either tell her that you're related or hide it from her.  Either way, she goes to Uveto, and will not appear in KaraQuest 2 afterward.  This makes the Amara fight easier and postpones having to reveal the fact that you're helping Kara for now.  Of course, the longer you postpone it, the worse the consequences may be.

Harlan

Apr 26, 2016
The best outcome is subjugating Tavira.  This demonstrates understanding of and respect for the local customs instead of trying to bullheadedly impose your own, gets you the probe, doesn't have you promise away half the company to a person you've known for literally thirty seconds and doesn't make your mouth write checks your ass can't cash with promises of weapons.

Uh, ran the taivra quest again on a raw save and noticed I misinterpreted subjugation.

What flags would need to be deleted to redo the entire thing? q_q

Actually considering all the events that branch off after, the process is probably too convoluted...

Last edited by a moderator:

Couch

Scientist
Creator
Aug 26, 2015
Flag deletion is liable to fuck your save up even further if not done very carefully.  I do not recommend it as a method of undoing your mistakes.  Learn to keep a backup save file.

Harlan

Apr 26, 2016
Yeah, I did make a backup save file right before the taivra fight but my current save is about 300 days of progress ahead. I'm just comparing flags at this point and hoping for the best. 

zbug84

Jun 18, 2016
I've tried marrying her but it cuts off the entire throne section when I leave. In previous builds, I could still go back there and breed my Queen for a bit. If I subjugate her, I can still go back but never get the Shade sister reveal. Either way for me at least, I get shot right into the Kara Quest part two no matter if I subjugate or marry the Queen....

Karretch

Aug 26, 2015
I've tried marrying her but it cuts off the entire throne section when I leave. In previous builds, I could still go back there and breed my Queen for a bit. If I subjugate her, I can still go back but never get the Shade sister reveal. Either way for me at least, I get shot right into the Kara Quest part two no matter if I subjugate or marry the Queen....

You don't get the sister reveal with marriage route.

zbug84

Jun 18, 2016
You don't get the sister reveal with marriage route.

Now I feel stupid...Ive done the fight 5 or so times trying a mix of subjugation and marriage, and on this time it finally game me the shade reveal after subjugation...still cut me out of the throne room though...oh well Shade is more important....

Xeivous

Sep 21, 2015
Now I feel stupid...Ive done the fight 5 or so times trying a mix of subjugation and marriage, and on this time it finally game me the shade reveal after subjugation...still cut me out of the throne room though...oh well Shade is more important....

Wait a day or so and they'll let you back in.

Ormael

Aug 27, 2015
After subjugation path when PC leave place it will be off limit for around 12 hours ingame time so for anything like some quality with your queen or royal title PC need to come back later.