Exhibitionism management

Etis

Creator
Aug 26, 2015
Still not seeing it, I mean unless you put in the hours/sweat/blood into making that character that powerful within the game limits without changing and rules it's just cheating. 

Déformation professionnelle of a someone who have occupation which can be described as "professional modder", I guess. Can't look at game and don't see an other way it could work.

irioth

May 12, 2016
Like I've said previously, dude wants absolutely no challenge. 

I'd hate to see how he plays other games.

Most of my cheating is actually done to accumulate stuff that just looks pretty and badass on my character sheet and helps fulfill my urge of vicarious empowerment when I think about it. I see little harm done to the challenge I feel valid and interesting. I find nothing interesting and no meaningful challenge in boring and repetitive grinding to accumulate money or to solve puzzles again at replays. It only tests my patience, and I have very little of it to spare. If there were a legitimate way to get the additional perks and unique stuff I want, such as additional quests, I'd pursue it. Since it isn't, I use save editing.

Can't say I dont understand your point, but this is far from intended game experiece.

Being a hardcore individualist, intended game experience is something I care very, very little about. There are developers of tabletop RPG I've been in a recurrent flamewar with for years simply because I'm determined to play their games in a very different way from what they mean,

Ruri

Apr 26, 2016
Most of my cheating is actually done to accumulate stuff that just looks pretty and badass on my character sheet and helps fulfill my urge of vicarious empowerment when I think about it. I see little harm done to the challenge I feel valid and interesting. I find nothing interesting and no meaningful challenge in boring and repetitive grinding to accumulate money or to solve puzzles again at replays. It only tests my patience, and I have very little of it to spare. If there were a legitimate way to get the additional perks and unique stuff I want, such as additional quests, I'd pursue it. Since it isn't, I use save editing.

Being a hardcore individualist, intended game experience is something I care very, very little about. There are developers of tabletop RPG I've been in a recurrent flamewar with for years simply because I'm determined to play their games in a very different way from what they mean,

Look, if you have to justify it to yourself that much something is wrong.

Edit: Also, nobody cares.

Last edited by a moderator:

irioth

May 12, 2016
Playing at a disadvantage? Yes. That's why I like the Dark Souls games so much. 

Playing at a clear advantage? Where's the fun in that unless you've earned it?

Give me the additional levels or quests to get all the perks and unique gear I want, and I'll be happy to clear them (as long as they don't involve too much boring grinding).

Ruri

Apr 26, 2016
Give me the additional levels or quests to get all the perks and unique gear I want, and I'll be happy to clear them (as long as they don't involve too much boring grinding).

Don't play Dark Souls.

Blackwater Syn

Aug 28, 2015
Different people enjoy things in different ways. What's "right" for one person will be "wrong" to another. Cheating doesn't exactly mean much in a single player game, imo- so if it helps him enjoy it, then that's on him. Doesn't make it right or wrong since it doesn't impact anyone but him.

Of course, it also means that if he winds up breaking his game, that's ALSO on him. But, unless someone's play style or preference encroaches on someone else's somehow, there's no real way to call what they are doing "wrong", it's just not your thing.

That said, Did you really skip the bomb defusing thing? Really? REALLY?!? That's just cheap, dude. Real cheap. What are you even doing with your life that you needed to skip that of all things? Cheeeeaaap.

irioth

May 12, 2016
Don't play Dark Souls.

Doubt I will,

Still not seeing it, I mean unless you put in the hours/sweat/blood into making that character that powerful within the game limits without changing and rules it's just cheating. 

The rules are written by people just like you and me. If I'm able to change them, it means I'm entitled to do so, to make the game suit my tastes more completely. And it's not like I'm harming anyone else's fun, by doing so, in a single-player game. A lot of the time, the changes I make only have cosmetic or symbolic value. I've got a lot of stuff I'm probably never going to use, it just makes me feel good by looking pretty and badass on my char sheet. What's the harm done to game experience if I save edit to change eyes from yellow to red or antennae from myr to zil because I find it cuter, and to save scum 10 times to get the same thing feels fun the first time, not so much the second or third one.

irioth

May 12, 2016
That said, Did you really skip the bomb defusing thing? Really? REALLY?!? That's just cheap, dude. Real cheap. What are you even doing with your life that you needed to skip that of all things? Cheeeeaaap.

I solved the bomb defusing puzzle legit by sheer stubborness and some incomplete advice about the theory of it I found on the web... once. Then I decided it was enough effort for this lifetime, and to use save edit from the original file on replays from then onward. I could have left the planet blow up, but it somehow felt bad for Steele, and more importantly I wished to keep access to the surface in case I ever needed its resources again. E.g. I really fancy giving Steele a gavrilani pussy (those genital muscles look... interesting), and at the time I had not yet realized I actually dislike the effects of Fertile Figure beyond a certain level.

Ruri

Apr 26, 2016
Doubt I will,

The rules are written by people just like you and me. If I'm able to change them, it means I'm entitled to do so, to make the game suit my tastes more completely. And it's not like I'm harming anyone else's fun, by doing so, in a single-player game. A lot of the time, the changes I make only have cosmetic or symbolic value. I've got a lot of stuff I'm probably never going to use, it just makes me feel good by looking pretty and badass on my char sheet. What's the harm done to game experience if I save edit to change eyes from yellow to red or antennae from myr to zil because I find it cuter, and to save scum 10 times to get the same thing feels fun the first time, not so much the second or third one.

No.

Couch

Scientist
Creator
Aug 26, 2015
That puzzle isn't that hard.

There is a recurring vocal group of people who find it the worst thing in the world and virtually impossible to clear, which is why I endeavor to use it as a puzzle whenever the opportunity presents itself.

Ruri

Apr 26, 2016
There is a recurring vocal group of people who find it the worst thing in the world and virtually impossible to clear, which is why I endeavor to use it as a puzzle whenever the opportunity presents itself.

I cleared it the first time easily once I understood what the puzzle was, do people really struggle with this mechanic?

Darkwarpalg6

Aug 28, 2015
I cleared it the first time easily once I understood what the puzzle was, do people really struggle with this mechanic?

Yes they do, they complain and that's followed by writers joking that they'd gate content behind puzzles. Do iiiiiiit.

irioth

May 12, 2016

I did, despite usually scoring high at tests and having a reputation as a smart guy in every peer group I met. I suppose it's because I'm not actually good at spatial tasks. I can generally clear out verbal and logical tasks and tests like a breeze, but couldn't solve a rubik's cube to save my life. The first two rows were easy once I understood the general strategy of "clearing the lights", but the bottom one took a lot of trial and error. Then I decided I had been punished enough, one solution was good for one lifetime of playing this game, and resolved to use save editing for all future replays.

Couch

Scientist
Creator
Aug 26, 2015
Yes they do, they complain and that's followed by writers joking that they'd gate content behind puzzles. Do iiiiiiit.

Oh, you think I'm joking.  I'd have put one in the deepsea base if I could have figured out a reason to have it be there.

I did, despite usually scoring high at tests and having a reputation as a smart guy in every peer group I met. I suppose it's because I'm not actually good at spatial tasks. I can generally clear out verbal and logical tasks and tests like a breeze, but couldn't solve a rubik's cube to save my life. The first two rows were easy once I understood the general strategy of "clearing the lights", but the bottom one took a lot of trial and error. Then I decided I had been punished enough, one solution was good for one lifetime of playing this game, and resolved to use save editing for all future replays.

That's because you're doing it wrong.  You're supposed to go from right to left or left to right, not top to bottom.

irioth

May 12, 2016

Then complainers that hate your puzzles and want to do something about it shall just get motivated to hack the system and disable or bypass them. That's just a different kind of puzzle...

Oh, you think I'm joking.  I'd have put one in the deepsea base if I could have figured out a reason to have it be there.

That's because you're doing it wrong.  You're supposed to go from right to left or left to right, not top to bottom.

Told you I'm bad at spatial skills.

Blackwater Syn

Aug 28, 2015

Love you.

Panth

May 22, 2016
I guess, once you become sufficiently established, it is essentially acceptable to troll part of your userbase basically for the "lols" and/or out of spite.
Didn't have any problem with the puzzle myself, though I do find it pointless and out of place in an RPG.

Ruri

Apr 26, 2016
I guess, once you become sufficiently established, it is essentially acceptable to troll part of your userbase basically for the "lols" and/or out of spite.
Didn't have any problem with the puzzle myself, though I do find it pointless and out of place in an RPG.

There's no trolls here.

Nik_van_Rijn

Sep 10, 2015
Moscow, RF

We will be doing a quest inspired by Parasite Eve and the likes, that's reason enough for me. Oldschool or riot!

Oh, and to answer OP's question: while our great dev-team makes everything great on the exhibitionism front, you can cheat the system.Remove your clothes right before the game processes time to the new day, so when the deterioration check happens it sees you naked and doesn't trigger.

lightningshifter

Aug 27, 2015
We will be doing a quest inspired by Parasite Eve and the likes, that's reason enough for me. Oldschool or riot!

Oh, and to answer OP's question: while our great dev-team makes everything great on the exhibitionism front, you can cheat the system.Remove your clothes right before the game processes time to the new day, so when the deterioration check happens it sees you naked and doesn't trigger.

Mmmmm.. Parasite Eve had a few good ones. Actually that's a classic trademark of Capcom games like Resident Evil as well.

Jacques00

Administrator
Aug 26, 2015

Add more puzzles, please.

Ethereal Dragon

Aug 28, 2015
Don't see what's so difficult about the minigames, they sort of remind me of some of the puzzles from D&D online, the one not hosted by PWI and Cryptic.

crushogre

Sep 2, 2015
I've accidentally blown up Tarkus twice because I wasn't paying attention and turned all the lights on instead of off.

Xeivous

Sep 21, 2015
At least we don't got slide puzzles to death with. Those are evil. Especially the ones that are bigger than the sissy 3x3.