"The new forums are shit"

Number13

Aug 26, 2015
There seems to be a slight problem on the members statistics section on the front forum. It says the last person joined the forum on Sunday, even the member count has risen by a couple of dozen new members since then.

Gedan

BUTTS BUTTS BUTTS
Staff member
Aug 26, 2015
There seems to be a slight problem on the members statistics section on the front forum. It says the last person joined the forum on Sunday, even the member count has risen by a couple of dozen new members since then.

Actually, he was the last guy to respond to the registration email.

Which raises a good point, I better check it's actually sending registration emails...

It's either that, or something fucked up when I was moving the DB on Saturday- I'm pretty sure the guy regged literally as I started the process so.

Ye was that. Handled. As people reg and they get the verification mails, should sort itself out.

K

Krynh

Any chance of a full editor? The quick reply box is ok for simple text, but it's clunky for everything else.

smut

Aug 27, 2015
Is there a way to remove notifications when browsing this forum with FireFox? It asks me everytime a new page loads whether I want to "Receive notifications for this session" or "Not now". I can't permanently disable that question, so every time I click next page or a new topic it asks me the same damn thing.

I mean the FF popup about notification notification, not the actual notifications if you know what I mean.

Last edited by a moderator:

Tinman

Aug 30, 2015
Is there a way to remove notifications when browsing this forum with FireFox? It asks me everytime a new page loads whether I want to "Receive notifications for this session" or "Not now". I can't permanently disable that question, so every time I click next page or a new topic it asks me the same damn thing.

I mean the FF popup about notification notification, not the actual notifications if you know what I mean.

There should be an arrow near one of the buttons that opens a drop down box with different options.  If not, click not now and see if another box offers to "never allow" notifications.

Magic Ted

Forum God
Aug 26, 2015
I really don't want the ironic poster battalion who think certain thinks shouldn't be discussed about and to bully posters out of discussing a particular thing as if they have much say in the manner to have that to shove around with great effect. It's annoying as is!

Wsan

Scientist
Creator
Jan 8, 2016
I really don't want the ironic poster battalion who think certain thinks shouldn't be discussed about and to bully posters out of discussing a particular thing as if they have much say in the manner to have that to shove around with great effect. It's annoying as is!

I think everyone is smart enough to not pull that shit here. There's ample opportunity to do it, but (as far as I can see) no-one does it because a) why shoot fish in a barrel and b) there's something to be said about throwing stones in glass houses. I really just thought it'd be good for comedic effect in a post like Savin's:

ESPECIALLY NPCs that didn't actually do anything to them. Like Kelt.

(brace for shitposting)

Which reminds me: Fuck me, quoting is awful.

Magic Ted

Forum God
Aug 26, 2015
I think everyone is smart enough to not pull that shit here. There's ample opportunity to do it, but (as far as I can see) no-one does it because a) why shoot fish in a barrel and b) there's something to be said about throwing stones in glass houses. I really just thought it'd be good for comedic effect in a post like Savin's:

That wasn't a hypothetical complaint, I'm afraid!

smut

Aug 27, 2015
There should be an arrow near one of the buttons that opens a drop down box with different options.  If not, click not now and see if another box offers to "never allow" notifications.

Nope.. Can't find it at least. I basically have to accept notifications, or else every time i browse a new page on the forum, I will get that annoying popup. So its a choice between two kinds of popups... notifications and bugging about notifications...

Karretch

Aug 26, 2015
Nope.. Can't find it at least. I basically have to accept notifications, or else every time i browse a new page on the forum, I will get that annoying popup. So its a choice between two kinds of popups... notifications and bugging about notifications...

Accepting notifications =/= you'll receive notifications. You'll only receive notifications if you "follow" a thread or allow PM's and such to do so. Check your account settings if you are getting them but don't want them.

Tinman

Aug 30, 2015

Right click somewhere empty on the page.  Click "View Page Info".  Under "Permissions" there'll be an option to block notifications.

Accepting notifications =/= you'll receive notifications. You'll only receive notifications if you "follow" a thread or allow PM's and such to do so. Check your account settings if you are getting them but don't want them.

Firefox has a browser notification system that allows you to receive notifications from a site even when you're not on it.  So if you are quoted, or a thread you're following gets a response, while you are visiting another site you'll still get the notification.  That's the system smut is having a problem with.

smut

Aug 27, 2015
Right click somewhere empty on the page.  Click "View Page Info".  Under "Permissions" there'll be an option to block notifications.

Aha. Never saw that before. I think that should do it.. will find out soon enough. Thanks!

Karretch

Aug 26, 2015
Unsure if exactly this has been brought up, but sometimes erasing a post (as in deleting what you've typed without submitting it) or quoting creates ghosts when you go to make a new one, either a new topic or in the thread you aborted the post in, or requotes something you've already quoted and replied to.

Ethereal Dragon

Aug 28, 2015
Unsure if exactly this has been brought up, but sometimes erasing a post (as in deleting what you've typed without submitting it) or quoting creates ghosts when you go to make a new one, either a new topic or in the thread you aborted the post in, or requotes something you've already quoted and replied to.

can confirm this... it's annoying as fuck. I've run into instances where i can't even delete the quote box.

Sacredferro

Aug 26, 2015
Same, especially the inability to remove the quote box. Thankfully it's rare enough that it's not completely debilitating. It's still an absolute pain in the ass to fix when it does happen.

Nik_van_Rijn

Sep 10, 2015
Moscow, RF
When browsing Chrome on my mobile android device any attempt to edit a post brungs up duplicate windows, and only edits made in the top one get saved.

Rare Pleasure

Jan 16, 2016
Im not 100% sure if this is the right place to say this, but the IRC should be moved to Discord. Its just better.

Magic Ted

Forum God
Aug 26, 2015
There is a discord, however it has more or less replaced Fenco-Skype and I'm not sure the powers that be are really hankering for Fenchat 2.0 now. 

Savin

Master Analmander
Staff member
Aug 26, 2015
There is a discord, however it has more or less replaced Fenco-Skype and I'm not sure the powers that be are really hankering for Fenchat 2.0 now. 

Actually, no, I think the plan IS to replace IRC with a Discord server. Eventually. Exactly how/when that's going to happen is TBD, but I hope it does.

Pronema

Jun 19, 2016

Is the address posted anywhere? 

I should ask if this is a public one as well I guess. It'd be awkward if people thought I was asking for an invite to a closed circle chat. 

BubbleLord

Scientist
Creator
Jun 24, 2016
It's posted on the blog on the shortcut bar, last I checked. The Discord, anyway. It's pretty much christened by the fact we discussed monsterfemboys, so I can safely say it's pretty much all of us being weird pervs.

(Totally not like the forum at all, where we're all not weird pervs. Nope.)

TheDarkMaster

Creator
Aug 28, 2015
Wonderful job on the new update.  A lot of the new boards are things that I've been hoping would be added for a while and I'm glad to see that they have.

Noob Salad

Captain Shitpost
Aug 26, 2015
Please let us quote more than one person in one post. And press enter to move quote boxes down. And mark posts for deletion because double posts for days.

Karretch

Aug 26, 2015
Please let us quote more than one person in one post.

You can. In fact it's the way I did this just now. You highlight the text and it'll say in a small box at the end "Quote this". Press that box and you have a quote. The issue comes in editing a post, making a hassle to insert quotes after it's been made.

Noob Salad

Captain Shitpost
Aug 26, 2015
Yeah I mean edit a post afterwards. Plus putting spaces in between. I mean come on, phpbb does it for free and this is IPB.

Ormael

Aug 27, 2015
Not sure if anyone else got it but...two things I recetly having while making new posts.

First when I quoted someone and then divided this huge quote section then....text I type is typed in exactly reversed way: taht ekil gnihtemos. It's kinda annoying when after typing slight longer reply I need to deleate it and type again cuz like up to 2-3 lines of text are typed in reverse :/

Second thing is....sometimes I not sure if always when typing reply I can't move around text using cursoers. Only manualy using mouse to move around to desired part of text helps.

Karretch

Aug 26, 2015
Can confirm arrow keys sometimes don't work in text box. Unsure what cause is, may be related to quotes or hyperlinks.