Beat Dr. Lash (Finally!)

BioSean1

May 3, 2016

I feel honestly feel so accomplished right now! And holy smokes! That's a ton of credits!

EmperorG

Sep 6, 2015
Now go do it a couple times more, and be happy you can spend money without a care ever again!

BioSean1

May 3, 2016
How much money are you spending that 999,999 credits isn't carefree money lol

Karretch

Aug 26, 2015
How much money are you spending that 999,999 credits isn't carefree money lol

When stuff that's highly specialized costs over 10K credits (up to 25 i think for LCN), 1M is only 100 or less items. For those that don't like to save scum that can go fast.

Nik_van_Rijn

Sep 10, 2015
Moscow, RF
I felt so dirty when all those fat wads of cash fell out of Lash, 'cause it essentially killed any incentive for me to ever care about credit-based results of quests and scenes. Ended up giving 900000 at the Dorna charity  event.

Starstruck

Dec 11, 2015
I felt so dirty when all those fat wads of cash fell out of Lash, 'cause it essentially killed any incentive for me to ever care about credit-based results of quests and scenes. Ended up giving 900000 at the Dorna charity  event.

Wait wat? How is this event triggered? o_O

Number13

Aug 26, 2015
Wait wat? How is this event triggered? o_O

It's a Christmas event, so you need to set your computer clock to around Christmas if you want to play it now.

Or wait until Christmas if your patient.

Last edited by a moderator:

EmperorG

Sep 6, 2015

There should be a line for donating massive amounts of cash, even if it only shows up in silly mode. Sadly there is none, because by the point it was implemented into the game 10000 credits was a lot of money.

Ormael

Aug 27, 2015
There should be a line for donating massive amounts of cash, even if it only shows up in silly mode. Sadly there is none, because by the point it was implemented into the game 10000 credits was a lot of money.

Well to begin beating Dr. Lash wasn't supose to be so easy and in return devs was giving such huge reward. So until we not really get something really high prices like new ships only some quests and full-way TF's (those that with one dose give all racial TF effects) would be way to blow this cash (or donating to Dorna at event xD )

When stuff that's highly specialized costs over 10K credits (up to 25 i think for LCN), 1M is only 100 or less items.

Weren't most costly TF itmes around 36k? At least last time I chacked Ovir full package tf costed as much (same for panda full-package tf too I think). Still that more than 20 times PC can go from full X race to full Y race :D

EmperorG

Sep 6, 2015
Plus if we add in the fact you can buy the second probe by betting on it, in other to save the platinum from being used, plus buying things for NPC's (Their contracts, toys, tf's for them), you see that all the cash Lash gives you isn't all that much if you spend it rashly.

Gamepapa

Apr 18, 2016
Hell
I have yet to beat the guy I have the wrong build.

I beat him after like 6 tries

nxc

Sep 12, 2015
I just find it funny you beat LASH by lust. Seems like the least likely thing to ever happen.

Etis

Creator
Aug 26, 2015
I just find it funny you beat LASH by lust. Seems like the least likely thing to ever happen.

This is true victory, break not foe's body or mind, but ideals!

Nik_van_Rijn

Sep 10, 2015
Moscow, RF
Why didn't devs make the bastard at least Tease, Pheromone and Drug immune, I will never get.

Unless it's a subtle hint indicating that his methods are not as effective as he wants us to believe, his struggle against sexuality is futile and that in TiTS-verse Libido trumps all.

P.S. We need a proper conspiracy nut emoticon.

Etis

Creator
Aug 26, 2015
Why didn't devs make the bastard at least Tease, Pheromone and Drug immune, I will never get.

Unless it's a subtle hint indicating that his methods are not as effective as he wants us to believe, his struggle against sexuality is futile and that in TiTS-verse Libido trumps all.

P.S. We need a proper conspiracy nut emoticon.

Pheromones and especially drugs could be hard to resist fully without a major changes in all hormonal systems, which would be bitch to balance. But tease immunity seems legit. :radcad:

Nik_van_Rijn

Sep 10, 2015
Moscow, RF
Pheromones and especially drugs could be hard to resist fully without a major changes in all hormonal systems, which would be bitch to balance. But tease immunity seems legit. :radcad:

Any mad scientists worth his *insert chemical substance* should be able to stick it to Mother Nature on such level. Plus we don't even know what Dr. Lash is or was originally species-wise. The fact that all species within TiTS are susceptible to each other's pberomones bothers me greately, even if I'm aware of dev's gameplay-based reasoning behind it.

Karretch

Aug 26, 2015
Any mad scientists worth his *insert chemical substance* should be able to stick it to Mother Nature on such level. Plus we don't even know what Dr. Lash is or was originally species-wise. The fact that all species within TiTS are susceptible to each other's pberomones bothers me greately, even if I'm aware of dev's gameplay-based reasoning behind it.

Don't go down that rabbit hole. There's plenty of things wrong with all species sharing similar things. Way too many things. But that's neither here nor there.

BioSean1

May 3, 2016
This is true victory, break not foe's body or mind, but ideals!

Also I had a lust gun and easier than breaking his shield and immense health. 

Don't go down that rabbit hole. There's plenty of things wrong with all species sharing similar things. Way too many things. But that's neither here nor there.

A la Star Trek, humanoid creatures everywhere!

Couch

Scientist
Creator
Aug 26, 2015
Dr. Lash being vulnerable to lust damage of any kind is patently absurd, yes.  So are his stats in general: Fen clearly didn't think big enough if he didn't mean for people to be casually defeating Lash every time they need money.

Etis

Creator
Aug 26, 2015
Dr. Lash being vulnerable to lust damage of any kind is patently absurd, yes.  So are his stats in general: Fen clearly didn't think big enough if he didn't mean for people to be casually defeating Lash every time they need money.

But making him actually immune would raise a question why PC can't get same treatment from him.

Couch

Scientist
Creator
Aug 26, 2015
I don't consider Lash failing to have defenses he should absolutely have a good thing just because it provides an excuse for techs to keep having terrible mechanics.

Nonesuch

Scientist
Creator
Aug 27, 2015
The fact that all species within TiTS are susceptible to each other's pberomones bothers me greately, even if I'm aware of dev's gameplay-based reasoning behind it.

Horny predecessors. I wrote it as a joke and Fen doesn't like it as lore, but it's only the way you can even begin to handwave most of the sex-based stuff in TiTS.

Nik_van_Rijn

Sep 10, 2015
Moscow, RF
Horny predecessors. I wrote it as a joke and Fen doesn't like it as lore, but it's only the way you can even begin to handwave most of the sex-based stuff in TiTS.

Yeah, I had this idea set as my headcanon ever since talking with our green conspiracy-bro for the first time. Not gonna lie though, thinking too hard about a race that would have all the traits of a proper unphathomably advanced Precursor civilization and those of a bunch of /d/wellers, while extremely entertaining, results in a major case cognitive of dissonance for me.

I mean what would their legacy look like? Creating Galotians to be some kind of Monolythic Conscience Ultimate Carnality Being is the only thing that comes to mind. Time to go appease the representative of our past-future overlords.

Ormael

Aug 27, 2015
I been wondering...does anyone tried run down caalculation of how much credits now req. all stuff ingame? I mean for getting all followers, buy them all possible stuff, pay for all side quests and stil have few full course TF items in backpack?

I pondering if it's already over 1 Lash value or still below?

(1 Lash = 999,999 credits :p )

shadefalcon

Oct 13, 2015
Im glad he's beatable by lust, or else techies would be screwed. 

I beat him three times in a row with a techie using Emmy´s best rifle. So it´s definitely possible. 

I´m curious to whether or not I´ll be able to go up to 4 or above if I use her vampire blade and Khans arc caster. I´ll have to test that out later.

treatedfae

Dec 19, 2015
I beat him three times in a row with a techie using Emmy´s best rifle. So it´s definitely possible. 

I´m curious to whether or not I´ll be able to go up to 4 or above if I use her vampire blade and Khans arc caster. I´ll have to test that out later.

Oh I didn't even know it was possible lol, I must not have the build to do it. Beating him with lust is way easier tho, I like to beat him like 10 times a play through so I never have to worry about money.

Somnus

Dec 9, 2015
How have you guys done it? I'm around 50 tries in with royal shard bow, sexy transparent suit (I didn't get the Goo Armour upgrade, :( ), reaper shield, lightning duster, thermal underpants, and pasties. Running a smuggler this time.

I've been starting with a simple ranged attack for the shoot first perk to activate, then going into stealth field gen., shoot again, concussive and hope for a stun, either stealth field gen. again or another shot if he's still stunned, repeat. I've gotten him to 82 lust once, but I can't seem to go further. Gray Goo/Nectar in inven and used when needed, with crystal coating and royal nectar buffs.

And huge congrats to OP, ofc. Jealous of the potential TFs from all that cash.

Edit: Beat him with 3HP left over. Changed out Reaper for Sal Shield; I needed burning res and only lost around 10% electric, given that I had more than max resist.

Xeivous

Sep 21, 2015
My melee techie seems to be completely incapable of beating the fucker. I got max stats, arctic warfare heat belt, sexy transparent zipsuit, thermal undies and the lightning duster on top of the crystal buff and royal necter and the fencing buff. Yet he basically two shots me every time despite me being 100% resistant to electricity and 90% resistant to heat. I just don't get it.