CoC Xianxia Mod (0.8w-z for CoC 1.0.2)

Liadri

Aug 28, 2015
200 strenght + might = go go 4k+ crits? I don't see how double attack can compete with that no offense intended here.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Ormael

Zavos

May 7, 2016
No offense intended either here,  (apologies if i sound a bit aggressive.)

I've played mostly mages n spellswords.  For spellswords, my main choice is to focus on sorcerer/warrior or sorcerer/ranger.    Warrior has a few nice offensive traits, and weapon mastery, but requires an emphasis on str over int, which i really am not ok with.  For Ranger, double attack provides another double damage option, but at serious expense of strength.  This i'm okay with, because the boost in attack through charged weapon compensates, as the main attack stat will be intelligence.  And, if i want, i can go a step further and use staff channeling which removes strength, the primary disadvantage of ranger spellswords from the equation.  This allows me to place a major emphasis on intelligence without sacrificing much in the way of attack damage, where as warrior/sorc is more of an either/or.  And i suppose it dosn't hurt that ranger has evade, while evade's strength cousin does not require job:warrior  For my previous battlemage suggestion, i used this strength or intelligence dynamic as the main method of balancing an otherwise powerful setup.  One other thing i put a emphasis on was building on the staff channeling line, by making mage weapons a valid alternative to BFS for general attacks.

However, my experience with sorcerer is much greater then my experience with warrior, so its not hard to imagine the balance to be quite different then what i think it is.   

On a different note, what is your response to my previous comments that the names for guardian/sorcerer and sorcerer/soul cultivator might be unsuitable? 

Ormael

Aug 27, 2015
Xianxia 0.7e1

Well not much to tell just new build. Archery stuff first part in. Not many different range wepons to choose from since...I haven't catch any inspiration to create tons of items with cool names (ya know making item named bow2, bow3, bow4 as temporal placeholders would be totaly lame).

A work of caution before using new version: If any of you bought Flintlock Pistol from Bazaar... it will vanish (I felt that making code to convert it from melee to range wepaon would be...a lil overboard since it would need to try track if PC got this item in so many places that making code only for conversion was too much imho). So I hope not too many of you got this time already bought from Benoit.

Other than archery things stuf is Soul Sense perk: a new less savage than Revamp soultion to get rid of Tamani keep showing up in rng for forest/deep woods. NO worry she still can be found just now with different way. Same as Minerva tower finding her or her daughters at least 4 times will move them to new place from which PC can proc finding them virtualy at any time (as long is able to pay price in soulfoce).

Last thing is slight lower req. to learn spells from books especialy white and black ones (now only around 40 int is needed to learn all of them from both types. Additional since Zevos meantioned that subject I put possibility to use Heal spell when PC is in camp as long Heal spell was learnt. It have fixed cost and effect mroe than the one version useable in combat but I think it's still good otucome over not having chace to use that spell at all.

At the end I would tell that if someone of you run into three mysterious buttons with ??? and short text in tooltip in camp members menu do not fear. That is not a bug just...lil teasing for next 2 builds.

For now that would be all from me. Sorry I not in best mood atm to be more of chatbox.

Reactions: Agrok and Liadri

Zavos

May 7, 2016
You forgot to fix the children not granting ascension points issue.

The 7.e changelog is not showing up in soulforce menu

The long description for D. Vest is showing up as "A pair of dragonscale vest"

Same thing for spider silk undershirt, "A pair of spidersilk shirt

I played around with soul sense a bit, everything about it looks good. 

Also really like the ??? on followers/lovers.  Perhaps you could extend this to the others with hints for who they are.  Methinks it would be rather helpful for collecting all followers/lovers/slaves

Ormael

Aug 27, 2015
:ughh:

Ouch I knew I forgot about something smaller than main point of this update. Ok I will change it in next 1-2 days so I won't forget about it when I would enter "gotta wrap that stuff to release it" mode in next 2-3 weeks. I hope there isn;t anything else I missed in this version...it shouldn't be...I think...ugh gotta go relax for 1-2 hours to calm my mind.

CascadeRX

May 17, 2016
Does anyone know why when the player gets a horse tail it's always the same color as the fur instead of the hair?

Liadri

Aug 28, 2015
Does anyone know why when the player gets a horse tail it's always the same color as the fur instead of the hair?

Likely for the same reasons as Kitsune dog morph and cat morph.

ExperiencPoints

Oct 9, 2016
The bows fatigue cost won't go down with the bow shooting perk. Is it suppose to be that way for now and will later be put back in?

B1tF0x

Oct 17, 2016
Xianxia 0.7e1

Well not much to tell just new build. Archery stuff first part in. Not many different range wepons to choose from since...I haven't catch any inspiration to create tons of items with cool names (ya know making item named bow2, bow3, bow4 as temporal placeholders would be totaly lame).

A work of caution before using new version: If any of you bought Flintlock Pistol from Bazaar... it will vanish (I felt that making code to convert it from melee to range wepaon would be...a lil overboard since it would need to try track if PC got this item in so many places that making code only for conversion was too much imho). So I hope not too many of you got this time already bought from Benoit.

Other than archery things stuf is Soul Sense perk: a new less savage than Revamp soultion to get rid of Tamani keep showing up in rng for forest/deep woods. NO worry she still can be found just now with different way. Same as Minerva tower finding her or her daughters at least 4 times will move them to new place from which PC can proc finding them virtualy at any time (as long is able to pay price in soulfoce).

Last thing is slight lower req. to learn spells from books especialy white and black ones (now only around 40 int is needed to learn all of them from both types. Additional since Zevos meantioned that subject I put possibility to use Heal spell when PC is in camp as long Heal spell was learnt. It have fixed cost and effect mroe than the one version useable in combat but I think it's still good otucome over not having chace to use that spell at all.

At the end I would tell that if someone of you run into three mysterious buttons with ??? and short text in tooltip in camp members menu do not fear. That is not a bug just...lil teasing for next 2 builds.

For now that would be all from me. Sorry I not in best mood atm to be more of chatbox.

When you're feeling better

Shortbow Longbow Crossbow Repeater Crossbow Siege Crossbow Bellybow (basically a bow that needed to be braced against the torso it was so unwieldy) Chu Ko Nu (2 arrows per 3 seconds making it the fastest fire rate weapon till the gatling gun) Composite Bow Mongolian Bow (made for firing from horseback perhaps give it the charge bonus taurs get?) Also Rifle and Blunderbuss if the flintlock pistol is within their tech limits the blunderbuss and rifle should be too.

Just some name suggestions ^_^

on the subject of the pistol. just make a new item with the same stats only set to range to replace the old one instead of converting the item causing game breaking or whatever. heck you could even price it at like 0 gems till next patch so everyone who had the old one can get the "new" one 

Ormael

Aug 27, 2015
The bows fatigue cost won't go down with the bow shooting perk. Is it suppose to be that way for now and will later be put back in?

No that is, aside been so embarrassing to say, to admit that after I changed way how fatigue cost for bow/crossbow shooting was counted I forgot to add back effect of bow shooting perk in. I would gather all tiny stuff I may missed likre this and push out new build in a few days. I think somewhere between 1-3 day fo the next month I will release it.

When you're feeling better

Shortbow Longbow Crossbow Repeater Crossbow Siege Crossbow Bellybow (basically a bow that needed to be braced against the torso it was so unwieldy) Chu Ko Nu (2 arrows per 3 seconds making it the fastest fire rate weapon till the gatling gun) Composite Bow Mongolian Bow (made for firing from horseback perhaps give it the charge bonus taurs get?) Also Rifle and Blunderbuss if the flintlock pistol is within their tech limits the blunderbuss and rifle should be too.

Just some name suggestions ^_^

on the subject of the pistol. just make a new item with the same stats only set to range to replace the old one instead of converting the item causing game breaking or whatever. heck you could even price it at like 0 gems till next patch so everyone who had the old one can get the "new" one

Thanks for kind words. I do fell lil more better but the sour aftertaste after yesterday still lingering.

There is Blunderbuss Rifle in game code (Revamp added it ages ago but not left way to get it outside of using debug testing to grab it. I'm currently over it and I think will ends up putting it in Benoit inv too. As for lost ite...buying flintlock pistol set up one flag so I would just go with a small gift for those that would buy flinlock using 0.7e1 version to have in 0.7e2 (or maybe I would call it only 0.7e1.5) chance to buy it again or jsut buy it if save was carried over from older mod version with flag already set on 1, whoch meant PC already bought pistol but due to conversiong it to range weapon was lost by the game.

Cool name ideas btw on range weapons. On tech level of those range weapons aside few exceptions all rest would be on typical fantasy lvl.

Kodoku

Sep 10, 2015
@Ormael a ranged special/physical special could be something like a regent or potion belt or something. You know how the goblins keep throwing shit at the PC. Have ( I think I got the name right) Lumi sell it along with a few other potions. It should only be able to hold 3 or 2 slots worth of potions. Like an extra item storage except you can throw them or it allows you to use them in combat. 

A set of enchanted throwing knives that appears back in their sheaths. I would have 60ish speed required to use the weapon. IT wouldn't be very powerful but it would be a "multi hitter" with less attack power. Think of it in terms of double attack. I would have it the result of an apprentice mage fooling around in the bazaar as a project. His master wasn't impressed so he sold, or something like that. A unique weapon has to have something 'special' about it's origins. Could introduce a magic shop into the game that will sell books (at obscene prices that low level characters can't get, can't make it too easy huh?). The "owner" will refuse or hold back certain items and raise prices based on the character's perks or skill oriented towards magic and intelligence and maybe even insult them. 

Ormael

Aug 27, 2015
Those throable things like goblin ones could be just stored in PC inv to make it more worth to use inv in combat. As for making potion belt or smth like that I would need to look if there is any left space to add new button.

On the other hand I been thinking about this changes ot mkae PC picking jsut 1-2 classes and stick to them. Then I though about spells. If I woudl do this would need to do something with them. Either make them all locked under sorcerer class so any PC that not pick it will be out of luck to cast any spell or make 1 maybe 2 of each type of spells as general that anyone can learn and rest put under req. of taking sorcerer class. So still some things that would need to be sort out before I can jump on making changes in classes and perk tree.

Kodoku

Sep 10, 2015
Add a menu to choose which spell to learn int he books and have the PC develop an "unease" towards learning some of the spells based on their class/fighting style. Kind of a botch but the only thing I can think of. Now back to at least attempting to write a scene for the cock vines in the glade. 

Ormael

Aug 27, 2015
Game was made with each spell been learn in specific order so without blind there is almost impossible to learn whitefire smae with heal after arouse spell. Plus in white/black book there is some min. int req. to learn each spell so what would be use of that if PC ends up not been able to learn some spell cuz too derpy (aka too low int)? Someone coming and storming me saying I need to change it so int is no important anymre to learn spells as long pc got book and want to learn some specific spell.

Well if it sound too hard I'm sorry I not wanted it to sound like that Wicas. But still I'm back to my gloomy mood. Seems like it may be possible for next few days I will be too prone to constantly fall into such gloomy and bitter mood for longer periods of time.

On brighter side I laughed hard seeing how some poster in Revamp thread literaly beaten my mod to pulp cuz I stated of not adding "prepare your anus" diff setting. Do any of you think it's bad decision?

And to end it ons some much better note post: Some asked about male followers/lowers. What races you all people are literaly 'dying out' to see as potential follower/lover npc in camp?

B1tF0x

Oct 17, 2016
Maybe they can "learn" the spell but can't cast it (the buton would not appear till they got a class that could use it)?

Coalsack

Aug 28, 2015
Some asked about male followers/lowers. What races you all people are literaly 'dying out' to see as potential follower/lover npc in camp?

Well, the most notorious male-centric races on Mareth are satyrs and minotaur. A companion based on those would be interesting, at least. Given the addition of the coastal zones, there's an option for a snake-morph/naga (like the one found during Urta's quest), an aquatic dragon, a fish based monster or something based on a aquatic mammal, like a dolphin/orca-morph. They could even interact with Izma in some way.

About the land races, there could be a raccoon-morph since there's no one on this game, as well as an unknown kinds of morphs, some of them even matching the He Xin Dao style, as a panda-morph (none on this game, too) a reptilian turtle-morph (with a monstruously huge penis hidden on his shell), a colorful eastern dragon (that could provide both transportation and size-play interactions with the PC).

And my best wishes to you, Ormael. Hope that you feel better on the next dats.

Kesil

Aug 26, 2015
Some asked about male followers/lowers. What races you all people are literaly 'dying out' to see as potential follower/lover npc in camp?

I feel like a broken record at this point, but since I'd want a reason to play the mod...

• Minitaurs
  • Satyrs
  • Pigs
  • Orcs

Out of classic CoC races (mostly water-based ones because I want to see sampan boats):

• Something that's insect-like
  • Something that's crab-based
  • Trolls
  • Ogres
  • A turtle/tortoise lad, if only because I like their penis shape
  • Something with tentacles
  • illithid-esque beings
  • Sahagins

Ormael

Aug 27, 2015
Satyrs appeared twice with minotaur kinda same been meantioned twice (well it was once minotaur and onve minitaur but let it been called smae race). Others are slight different ones races.

@Kesil About Sahagins which one version you meant? Looking over net I found about either walking fish or spear using turtles. So is it one of those or some other type of them I not found right of the bat?

On things that may interest some: I been poking at Etna and well she slowly comming together. So now the question is the bug with not working bow perk for lowering cost and still bad for player way game calculate ascension points for all kids quite needy to be fixed asap or it can I finish Etna + manticore TF and then push build with her, new TF and fixes on issues that will be reported in meantime? If case you all want faster have fix build I will release it in next 48 hours but would lock out so far coded part of Etna and TF content.

May 29, 2016
Game was made with each spell been learn in specific order so without blind there is almost impossible to learn whitefire smae with heal after arouse spell. Plus in white/black book there is some min. int req. to learn each spell so what would be use of that if PC ends up not been able to learn some spell cuz too derpy (aka too low int)? Someone coming and storming me saying I need to change it so int is no important anymre to learn spells as long pc got book and want to learn some specific spell.

Well if it sound too hard I'm sorry I not wanted it to sound like that Wicas. But still I'm back to my gloomy mood. Seems like it may be possible for next few days I will be too prone to constantly fall into such gloomy and bitter mood for longer periods of time.

On brighter side I laughed hard seeing how some poster in Revamp thread literaly beaten my mod to pulp cuz I stated of not adding "prepare your anus" diff setting. Do any of you think it's bad decision?

And to end it ons some much better note post: Some asked about male followers/lowers. What races you all people are literaly 'dying out' to see as potential follower/lover npc in camp?

a sexy canine pack harem of males, females, and herms, that can be used for sex and to farm ascension points (this would have its own button, in the followers tab, followers>pack>npc names).

this is mostly an idea thing that I could try and write the docs for, im not a coder though (more of a writer-in-training), it still looks like it would be a pain to code.

each breed would have only 1 npc as a  representative that you would talk to, bond with, and have sex with unless you choose to have an orgy.

orgys would be divided by breed unless you choose an-all-out-orgy.

-dog morphs, npc recruit encounters in the explore button, random stat check (all stats but corruption, stat checked should be above 30) , males, females, herms.

- wolf morphs, tameable enemies, males, females, herms.

-winter wolf morphs, tameable enemies, impregnable males (unless the creator of the winter wolves are going to create female and hem versions).

-hellhounds, tameable enemies (cant remember all the genders these come in) nameable.

-corgi breeding sluts (think like the child bearing craving of goblins in corgi dog morph form, with fuckable nipples and breast pregnancies as well as the usual pregnancies, with 2 to 8 breasts usually DD, prime source of child based ascencion points),  tameable enemies, female only.

-tentacle retrievers (golden retrievers with four balls and ten to thirteen knotted tentacle cocks that can be hidden in their sheath anatomy when not aroused, also the male version of the corgi breeding sluts, not as slutty as their corgi counter-parts, also gives a camp merchant, more tentacle retrievers turns it into a merchant caravan with better rotating stock) npc recruit encounter in the explore button, int and lib based (both must be over 80), male only.

-mastiff fish morphs ( a rare underwater varient of the tentacle retrievers, think like a dog morph version of a cat fish, think dog morph + tentacle monster + anemone girl =  anemone hair, mastiff face with feelers for wiskers and gills on its neck, glowy neon green plant-like fur, paw-like hands with webbing between their fingers, digigrade dog paws as feet with webbing between each paw digit with soft pads on the bottem of the paws, 4 balls, 13 knotty tentacle cocks, addictable aphrodisiac cum, and a tadpole-shaped tail, 3 or more creates hunting parties that gathers free food for the camp) breeding only, also would be an ocean encounter battle, but not tameable, male only, nameable.

-flying corgi morphs (a rare variant of corgi breeding sluts, greater int and lower lib than the slutty versions, 6 white feathered wings that match their white fluffy bellies, they only have 2 breasts C and under, extremely loyal persona, weird habit of saluting, they invent their own goggles, 3 or more flying corgis give the combat special ability: Doom Corgis: signals a fly by where they drop alchemical concoctions that explode on impact, damage is  related by how many flying corgis you have) breeding only, also encountered at the beach as 1 enemy or 3 enemies, not tameable, female only, nameable.

Kesil

Aug 26, 2015
About Sahagins which one version you meant?

I prefer the walking fish type, but feel free to add whichever version you want. Your mod, your rules. Of course, you can always add both. I guess I am fond of the Lovecraftian Deep Ones/Thuum'ha or the Fallout Geckos.

Zavos

May 7, 2016
What about a power-bottom Satyr that can be mpregged? 

Sadly, Satyrs are the only mpreggable race that come to mind, and breeding has a major emphasis for better or worse.  Where is Anusol+ when you need some? 

ExperiencPoints

Oct 9, 2016
So how does the accuracy perk work? Is it suppose to be a constant -60% to accuracy, or does the penalty reduce with bow use and/ or bow skill? Cause right now it is static. Also, I know everyone working on the mod is busy with everything already (good job, by the way, I really like it!), but I'm really forgetful so I'm going to put this idea here right now. Could there ever be a ranger perk that could allow the player to move back so an enemy would have to approach (I think there is a frost giant move that makes you do the same?) and be unable to attack with melee attacks until they do so (obviously enemy ranged and magic attacks work fine). If it's a perk that can be taken earlier, I think it might give non-magic range characters an easier start (cause right now it's really not viable, though that may be due to some bugs like the bow shooting perk issue). Again, sorry, I know it's a bad time, what with the new build out in all.

Akon

Sep 11, 2016

What about not restricting usage of spells, but making it ineffective? For example, by adding new effects to job perk (or creating new perks, obtainable only after corresponding jobs): Warrior increase effectiveness of charged weapon and might, Guardian - armour and heal, mage - damaging spells, seducer - arouse. This way, every character can use everything in theory, but it will be ineffective to use not your specialisation. Also, using spells without magic modifiers is nearly useless, including buffs. So warrior cant effectively use buffs without mage perks, and this modifier will compensate it.

Edit: Forgot blind and blink for ranger=)

drakosis

Oct 23, 2016
I've got a new set of inquiries. How does one go about achieving both enlightened AND corrupted nine-tails.

Liadri

Aug 28, 2015
So how does the accuracy perk work? Is it suppose to be a constant -60% to accuracy, or does the penalty reduce with bow use and/ or bow skill? Cause right now it is static. Also, I know everyone working on the mod is busy with everything already (good job, by the way, I really like it!), but I'm really forgetful so I'm going to put this idea here right now. Could there ever be a ranger perk that could allow the player to move back so an enemy would have to approach (I think there is a frost giant move that makes you do the same?) and be unable to attack with melee attacks until they do so (obviously enemy ranged and magic attacks work fine). If it's a perk that can be taken earlier, I think it might give non-magic range characters an easier start (cause right now it's really not viable, though that may be due to some bugs like the bow shooting perk issue). Again, sorry, I know it's a bad time, what with the new build out in all.

By default Accuracy starts at a negative value. Your inteligence score as well as some perks will help increase it up to the cap to reduce your miss chance especialy with consecutive shots. It would be possible to add such a perk as a P.Ability wich cause a 1 turn stun with little damage, If we ever add such a move it will likely consume a VERY HIGH amount of fatigue as it is in itself a super move.

Non magic range character is perfectly viable if you have the correct stat to use it. Have you tried centauring it up or at least improving your inteligence/speed beyond 50? What I know right now is an archer can shoot up to 5 time for damages between 400, 500 or even 800 damage prior to ng +. It doesnt look like much but stack that 5 time and you easily can equalise with a sword fighter.

Ormael

Aug 27, 2015
I prefer the walking fish type, but feel free to add whichever version you want. Your mod, your rules. Of course, you can always add both. I guess I am fond of the Lovecraftian Deep Ones/Thuum'ha or the Fallout Geckos.

I not knew much this race before so it's either one of them version fine for me to consider to add or even both.

What about a power-bottom Satyr that can be mpregged? 

Sadly, Satyrs are the only mpreggable race that come to mind, and breeding has a major emphasis for better or worse.  Where is Anusol+ when you need some? 

Heh seems like you tipping scale toward satyrs from minotaurs/minitaurs :D And Anusol+ is form FoE...thou looking on ideas that LD had for Arain...he do looks really similar to Sissy from FoE that QB/LD is making. So many same ideas in both cases.

Does this negative acc is on 1st arrow/bolt or one of later ones like 4th or 5th arrow/bolt? In case the later that mean you need to train PC with Kelt and buy Acane archery perk and then rise int to at least 150 to make this acc % higer up to the point their get on positive values.

On moving back I had thought about making option to do it so PC and enemy would be unable to use melee attacks/specials. And at same time I was thinking if not in such case to change some of attacks. Like spells due to PC not been always at point blank range have actualy chance if it spell in form of some sort of projectile (whitefire/ice spike) to have actualy chance to miss by using similar to arrows accuracy for spells.

So if you meant negative accuracy like here ont hsi pic on 5th arrow it's natural (and well for 4th and even more for 5th arrow it's not easy to get decent accuracy to have most of time assured hitting enemy - but next step in archery perks line would allow get some more accuracy but this one part is still is WIP)

accuracy.jpg

It's still getting my gender wrong.

I think you reffering to those words used in scenes. It's lil more cmplicated that word used on app screen for PC so not worry I not forget just thinking on way how to code this change.