Least Favourite TiTS Character.

Etis

Creator
Aug 26, 2015
Also in what fucking universe is a workplace accident that fuses you with a coworker, puts you on semi-permanent leave, and heavily influences your capacity and desire for reproduction not a fucking problem for someone and their lovers?

"Fucking" is a damn good word. Syri is totally fine with her replacement, and such configuration is not something which is considered wrong in setting.

Last edited by a moderator:

Xeivous

Sep 21, 2015
Problem is, JimT (her writer IIRC) left, so if nobody takes up the reigns, she'll be the only one. It's sort of unlikely there'll be more to come. Most of the one-off races (like the GaloMax NPC) will probably never be touched again either, but they also aren't as prominent as her, I suppose.

Hopefully, a lot of the more unique races will be added on. 

Yeah. I was fond of that NPC as well. would like to see more of her and hers. Also I think someone has volunteered to take over the reigns for Embry but I'm not sure if they're going to do her parents as JmT had planned in his design doc iirc, which would have rather solved most of the problems that people are having. Though I suppose one could say that most races in the game could use another npc or two. Especially for the native aliens on the first planet whose name I'm not even going to try to spell, because they got fuckall in terms of a named npc outside of the Zil who are getting one npc.

"Fucking" is a damn good word.

It's the best fucking word ever.

Longbow

Feb 10, 2016
After taking a look on the wiki, I can't seem to find any TF items that will actually remove a penis other than Bovinium. Condensol will remove extra penises, but only extras. There are quite a few transformatives, though, so I may have overlooked one or two. Both Uthra Sap and Condensol will remove testicles. Dr. Lash can remove nearly anything you want.

Growing breasts and a vagina are a simple matter. Pussybloom and Tittyblossom can be easily obtained by the PC on Tavros. The Estrobloom I mentioned before is primarly for hips, butts, and faces.

Nonesuch

Scientist
Creator
Aug 27, 2015
Man, I would hate to be an author stumbling into this thread '^^ . It's inevitable that given enough time, the sum of all characters at least one person doesn't like is gonna be ... all the characters. However unfortunate, I get that the nature of the thread is mentioning exactly that, but I wish there was room for praise as well :p I'll just say that while it's on different levels, I've enjoyed pretty much all the content in the game, so thanks authors!

To a certain extent it works both ways. A character who is singled out for criticism a lot may have rubbed plenty of people up the wrong way - but they were also highly visible, and obviously made a discernible impact. This is particularly true in a game like TiTS, which has NPCs coming out of the wazoo and doesn't exactly have a tight narrative.

So the fact that, so far, exactly one of my own characters has been criticised (and in "I don't like their sexuality, I'm glad the author put in brakes" terms) is on the one hand a good thing - but the self-conscious part of me says that also means my characters are not as visible and don't affect the PC enough for them to be remembered like Embry has been. Honestly, I felt better about people raging over the sandtrap.

@Longbow

Skysap will do it. Sera can do it as well if you submit to her.

Milkman

Aug 28, 2015
To a certain extent it works both ways. A character who is singled out for criticism a lot may have rubbed plenty of people up the wrong way - but they were also highly visible, and obviously made a discernible impact. This is particularly true in a game like TiTS, which has NPCs coming out of the wazoo and doesn't exactly have a tight narrative.

So the fact that, so far, exactly one of my own characters has been criticised (and in "I don't like their sexuality, I'm glad the author put in brakes" terms) is on the one hand a good thing - but the self-conscious part of me says that also means my characters are not as visible and don't affect the PC enough for them to be remembered like Embry has been. Honestly, I felt better about people raging over the sandtrap.

@Longbow

Skysap will do it. Sera can do it as well if you submit to her.

Well the Carrie scenes you wrote are nice. So nice in fact that at this point they're pretty much the only reason I consider taking the treatment... 

SorenMageofMareth

Aug 28, 2015
Eh. I got bring up some Em defense.   Yeah her issue with Gene res defense is a thing, but isn't there another species character on that same planet that has uber Genemod receptibility.  That kinda establishes varying resistance as a thing.   And even though in the greater community Genemod and gender fluidity are generally excepted isn't this also not uniform, with many coreward species having their own modding hangups and back lashes like the Church of One,  Sera's parents, and even the Asuar with it come to species and furry modding? I mean Emmata is right across the street from Embry. 

The idea that their can't  be a species built to be uber resistant modding tech is kinda farcical when the tech itself could program the defense immune system from hell and weird tech plateaus requiring kludges to get by are a thing. Further the idea that this could affect their internal homeworld back wood politics, and how kids are raised, and thus create Embry's issues isn't that far fetched. Considering the relative disparity that can happen in first world nations and how that disparity has obviously carried on into this  age. 

Hamaster

Sep 30, 2015
I just want to say this because it makes me sad that hate on Embry so much.
I REALLY LIKE EMBRY!
There... i got it out of my system. The bubble thing never bothered me in CoC and i might have actually liked it more than anything.

As to characters i don't like - probably the whole entirety of New Texas female population. Anything bigger than DD cup seems unnatural and unattractive to me. The hypersexed thing also does not help much.

I also didn't see anyone mention Una. I thought that more people would dislike goblin (gabilani) stuff. But it might just be me.

Nonesuch

Scientist
Creator
Aug 27, 2015
Well the Carrie scenes you wrote are nice. So nice in fact that at this point they're pretty much the only reason I consider taking the treatment... 

You'll be pleased to know I've almost finished a follow-up. In fact I might just go and do that now.

Savin

Master Analmander
Staff member
Aug 26, 2015
The prices of items in TiTS seem to be informed more by gameplay balance than an actual economy.

Truth. It's really annoying.

Most of the one-off races (like the GaloMax NPC) will probably never be touched again either

Zo'dee is a rahn. There are two other rahn already in the game. 

A character's race being represented more than once has much more to do with their origin/availability than anything else. That's why you're not likely to see many raskvel or zil NPCs outside of Tarkus/Mhen'ga... cuz they can't get off their home planet. Coreward races are much more likely to be represented more often, especially ultra-core ones like humans, ausar, and kaithrit, since they have the reasonable ability to be anywhere and do anything.

and even the Asuar with it come to species and furry modding? I mean Emmata is right across the street from Embry. 

TBF Fen just made that up as a dig at me rather than anything actually meant to influence the story.

You'll be pleased to know I've almost finished a follow-up. In fact I might just go and do that now.

Yeeesssss.

Milkman

Aug 28, 2015
  50 minutes ago Nonesuch said:

Sweet. Heh I have a love hate relationship with the treatment but if Carrie is gated behind getting treated well then it seems like I have no choice.

K

Krynh

Yeah. I was fond of that NPC as well. would like to see more of her and hers. Also I think someone has volunteered to take over the reigns for Embry but I'm not sure if they're going to do her parents as JmT had planned in his design doc iirc, which would have rather solved most of the problems that people are having. Though I suppose one could say that most races in the game could use another npc or two. Especially for the native aliens on the first planet whose name I'm not even going to try to spell, because they got fuckall in terms of a named npc outside of the Zil who are getting one npc.

It's the best fucking word ever.

Vanae? Kekoras?

Nik_van_Rijn

Sep 10, 2015
Moscow, RF
I'm with Soren on not finding anything fundamentally wrong with particular plot devices that Jim used for setting up Embry's struggle. I'd also like to see another simii in the game. So much so, in fact, that if something like the Monkey-Man With No Name won't be picked up soon, I'll OD on spaghetti westerns and get to it.

However, I'm curious about how the whole thing even became an issue. Why hadn't Savin, or Fenoxo, or any other important person told Jim that according to their vision, TiTS core civilized worlds are almost completely free from transphobia and sex change should be a non-issue? That making simii immune to almost everything and highly traditionalist isn't a good idea?

Jim is a good writer, so he'd have certainly found other ways to build the same or similar character arc. Even a lazy layman like myself can come up with vague things like 'poor immigrant angle', 'gene-mod trade embargo of Myrellion', 'focusing on Embry's need for moral support instead of her money issues'.

Will bitching about Una help? She came close to becoming one of the most upsetting NPCs for me, although it's entirely because of the gabliani lore she establishes and not her character or scenes.

All of my yes to more Carrie.

Savin

Master Analmander
Staff member
Aug 26, 2015
However, I'm curious about how the whole thing even became an issue. Why hadn't Savin, or Fenoxo, or any other important person told Jim that according to their vision, TiTS core civilized worlds are almost completely free from transphobia and sex change should be a non-issue? That making simii immune to almost everything and highly traditionalist isn't a good idea?

We usually don't have the time to read submissions until they're done. Especially since 75%+ get abandoned before they're finished. 

It's been way too long to say, but I doubt any of us even knew Embry existed until she was almost finished.

Nik_van_Rijn

Sep 10, 2015
Moscow, RF
Is she really worth getting the Treatment? I've kinda steered clear of the Treatment ever since I read about it.

If you really dislike/get creeped out by the whole concept, and especially if you don't want your character to obtain the speech patterns of either an ultra-macho bro or a bimbo, it probably isn't worth it.

I just happened to have an old save with a femTreated herm character, and due to the way the checks in that scene work, I was able to enjoy it.

We usually don't have the time to read submissions until they're done. Especially since 75%+ get abandoned before they're finished. 

It's been way too long to say, but I doubt any of us even knew Embry existed until she was almost finished.

Fair enough. Since you decided not to force any changes at the time, I must have misjudged just how much beef you have with those aspects of Embry's character.

Thank you for the information.

Nonesuch

Scientist
Creator
Aug 27, 2015
Is she really worth getting the Treatment? I've kinda steered clear of the Treatment ever since I read about it.

It's just a few fun scenes for male Treated. If you don't like the Treatment, you won't like them.

Couch

Scientist
Creator
Aug 26, 2015

Well, you got one, which is more than me.  Admittedly I only have one so far.

TBF Fen just made that up as a dig at me rather than anything actually meant to influence the story.

I like it, though, it's a societal hangup with some interestingly weird boundaries to it.  Went with referencing it again in passing for an expansion I'm doing to Lessau's motley crew.

Nonesuch

Scientist
Creator
Aug 27, 2015
Do you think those scenes being available for femTreated PC is something worth prodding bug-fixing people over?

They're not... for femTreated? I specifically wrote them because male Treated get little in comparison to femTreated, for whom the whole thing was really concocted.

I don't know how growing a dick affects being femTreated, but from what I know of it they don't start suddenly acting like male Treated, the mental effects being permanent.

Xatarias

Aug 27, 2015
When it comes to discuss the nature of Embry, I think that the words of Jim himself would shed more light on the matter. Coupled with what Fen said, it makes for a good case on why mixing fantasy smut with real life might not be a good idea.

Huh. This indeed does explain quite a few head-scratchers I had while going through Embry's content

I really like furries, so it pleased when I bumped into Penny on my first playthrough, but my enthusiasm quickly fell off when she turned out to be an Urta clone without the dick... Who wants to get a dick. I don't really like Kiro either. She overlaps a lot with Penny and her actions and beliefs/statements seem contrary at times... She also reminds me of certain frat boys from my college days  ¬¬  Lucky for me there's plenty of other futa content in the TiTs universe ^_^

Edit: I've come to the conclusion that Kiro and Penny are more different than I initially thought.

Lashcharge

Aug 27, 2015

Estrobloom tooltip implies that it's not as simple as that.

Estrobloom is a chemical cocktail engineered by JoyCo designed to help its users "bloom into the feminine flower they always deserved to be." Some planets have banned Estrobloom due to the disruption it can introduce to racial gender identities, but in more liberal systems the product flows unrestricted.

It comes in convenient popsicle form for easy use, and the wrapper lists a bevy of potential side effects: increases in hip and butt size, loss of muscle tone, longer hair, reduction of phallus size, and even lip swelling. It does guarantee, in big bold letters, that every use will cause facial feminization.

Milkman

Aug 28, 2015
I like the physical transformations of the treatment but i hate the mental effects. Given that minorush is a thing if it weren't for Carrie I could make do without ever getting treated. (Although I'd be left wishing there was an alternative means of getting that pheromones perk) 

FerrousFlint

Mar 14, 2016
I'd say my least favorite characters are basically the current crew mates (sans Anno), and pretty much EVERY furry character in the game. Not because they're furry (god knows some amount of variety would be nice). No because they feel like such token contributions for others to  say "No no, there are non-humans in the game. They're "modded" humans/ "actual" aliens, so it's totally not like it's just "monstergirls in space" or anything, am I right?" I'd say the only ones that I don't feel are so blatant is Kiro, Emmy, and Kelly; at least there's a promise or an incentive for me to be invested in them.

But back to the character's that bug the piss out of me for more egregious reasons; I'd say my least favorite is Steph Irson, and that's because she's... just the most pathetic ass of the game. I HATE the dumb bimbo getting tricked or just stumbling into getting raped all the goddamn time hentai trope that is just everywhere. So I'd say if it's that petty of a character, the rest are okay in my book.

Etis

Creator
Aug 26, 2015
pretty much EVERY furry character in the game. Not because they're furry (god knows some amount of variety would be nice). No because they feel like such token contributions for others to  say "No no, there are non-humans in the game. They're "modded" humans/ "actual" aliens, so it's totally not like it's just "monstergirls in space" or anything, am I right?" I'd say the only ones that I don't feel are so blatant is Kiro, Emmy, and Kelly; at least there's a promise or an incentive for me to be invested in them.

Em... There are barely any more. Penny, Jade... Well, there also are few kui-tans, that's all.

Night

Aug 26, 2015
I know it's been mentioned here MANY times.....but the hyper sized dick girls and herms are what kept me away from any female character with a dick. Even Kaede for while even tho she has by far the most modest size. I find it bothersome that many if not all of the herm or dick girl characters are so fixated on there dicks that at time I wonder if they remembered they have vaginas. My least favorite character(s)? Kiro, Kelly, Liriel,and Emmy. I read Penny's doc a while back and read her herm path and immediately avoided the character. I find it kind of unsettling that all of those sort of characters have the same archetype. The two that stand out the most are Kiro and Liriel. After reading Kaede's prequel and seeing how she undeniably rapes kaede made me not like the character before she was even in game. Still to this day every time I get the message to help kiro I ignore it. Liriel is just ugh. She basically politely asked to rape you. 

Most of the dick girls in game are completely tolerable. A lot of them don't seem like trying to compensate for having extreme self esteem issues or lonely as hell. 

Bimbos are next on the bracket. I'm not into mindless sluts that just want to have sex all the time and have super exaggerated body parts. 

FerrousFlint

Mar 14, 2016
Em... There are barely any more. Penny, Jade... Well, there also are few kui-tans, that's all.

Kui-tans aren't a problem, but something tells me that either their gonna be the closest/only thing to an anthro-like alien race the game will ever have and/or just a write-off for male kui-tan to cum drown fem characters. Maybe the Ovir and Myr are write-offs as well but for now I'll wait and see how the game plays out. Fen and the gang still are putting this out there so I'm gonna sit back and watch it play out.

Xeivous

Sep 21, 2015
Oh god that character feels way too much like "fuck me this way the second I meet you or I'll not really like you". Not even an option to turn the fucking tables on her.

Fenoxo

Corrupter of Tainted Space
Staff member
Aug 26, 2015
Mareth
www.fenoxo.com

...I was pretty sure you had said that Ausar looked wayyy the fuck down on furries. Either way, I did ham it up a bit on Emmy for funzies. Backstories full of conflict tend to be fun to dig into and give the author emotional baggage to play with!

[/QUOTE]