Ditz Speech?

Couch

Scientist
Creator
Aug 26, 2015
Almost none, it's a pain to remember to write for.  I think Fen does it the most often, since bimbos are a huge fetish of his.

Xeivous

Sep 21, 2015
I'll be honest that I'm kinda beginning to wonder why there are so many features of this game that are bothered to be added if nobody wants to write for them. Morso for the features that shouldn't be able to be dodged like ditz speech.

hawke56

Jan 1, 2016
I think it has some decent influence on most scenes on New Texas.Other than that there is some flavor text here and there. Not even that little in total, but is is often just something that isn't necessarily very noticebale. For example a "like" thrown into some dialogue or something along those lines. For the record, I personally did make an effort to at least give it some short lines in that one Naleen blowjob scene I once wrote.

Couch

Scientist
Creator
Aug 26, 2015
I'll be honest that I'm kinda beginning to wonder why there are so many features of this game that are bothered to be added if nobody wants to write for them. Morso for the features that shouldn't be able to be dodged like ditz speech.

Muh fetish.  That is literally the reason.  Someone really gets off on parasites or bimbos or taurs or whatever, so they put in mechanics for them, but if it doesn't have broad appeal it'll only be that writer who really addresses it.

Corivas

Aug 29, 2015
Some scenes that happen on Myrellion that deal with the main story and Dr. Badger scenes are the only ones I can recall right now that implement it.

Nonesuch

Scientist
Creator
Aug 27, 2015
I'll be honest that I'm kinda beginning to wonder why there are so many features of this game that are bothered to be added if nobody wants to write for them.

Welcome to me, reading TiTS' initial design doc, three years ago.

Xeivous

Sep 21, 2015
Muh fetish.  That is literally the reason.  Someone really gets off on parasites or bimbos or taurs or whatever, so they put in mechanics for them, but if it doesn't have broad appeal it'll only be that writer who really addresses it.

As much as I post about muh fetishes on this forum, I have to say that I don't really find that to be the best model to make a game off of. As this thread's existence should indicates, it just leaves people wondering why the fuck can I even get this if there's very little point to it.

Woider

Aug 26, 2015
Denmark
As much as I post about muh fetishes on this forum, I have to say that I don't really find that to be the best model to make a game off of. As this thread's existence should indicates, it just leaves people wondering why the fuck can I even get this if there's very little point to it.

And even then, some things are blacklisted. Not that I mind, because I'm not any of things blacklisted C:

Noob Salad

Captain Shitpost
Aug 26, 2015
Too bad there's a ton of blurbs relating to Ditz Speech. It's in almost every scene Fen has written for TiTS.

Corivas

Aug 29, 2015
Too bad there's a ton of blurbs relating to Ditz Speech. It's in almost every scene Fen has written for TiTS.

Including Taur and Naga scenes, like holy shit. Those things are scarcer than the Saharan Desert.

Last edited by a moderator:

shadefalcon

Oct 13, 2015
Including Taur and Naga scenes, like holy shit. Those things are scarcer than the Saharan Desert.

We´ve got naga scenes??? Besides from the fun times with naleens???

If that´s true, for me, it would be the greatest discovery since that one triple dick scene with Jade. Suddenly having more than two actually mattered.

Corivas

Aug 29, 2015
We´ve got naga scenes??? Besides from the fun times with naleens???

If that´s true, for me, it would be the greatest discovery since that one triple dick scene with Jade. Suddenly having more than two actually mattered.

I've only actually seen one naga scene involving whoring it out at Beth's Brothel, I don't know about the naleen one.

If there's more, please someone tell me there is. I want to believe.

shadefalcon

Oct 13, 2015
I've only actually seen one naga scene involving whoring it out at Beth's Brothel, I don't know about the naleen one.

If there's more, please someone tell me there is. I want to believe.

Thanks.

You get a slightly different scene when you choose to ride a naleen male with a naga body.

Nik_van_Rijn

Sep 10, 2015
Moscow, RF
So does tentacle hair and feelers fall into the 'it's a pain to remember to write for' or in the 'not muh fetish/not interested' category for TiTS' core writers?

Ethereal Dragon

Aug 28, 2015
seems to be in the same category for more than 1 dick, cum quantity, also the different type of tags your vags and dicks can have. Like if you have a nubby ribbed knotted spiked thick flagged penis. Noticed only the nubby and knotted tags are blurbs in most scenes.

Lashcharge

Aug 27, 2015
seems to be in the same category for more than 1 dick, cum quantity, also the different type of tags your vags and dicks can have. Like if you have a nubby ribbed knotted spiked thick flagged penis. Noticed only the nubby and knotted tags are blurbs in most scenes.

Well having scene notice every penis flag would obviously be madness. Just a few here and there, and the rare big ones should be enough.

Ethereal Dragon

Aug 28, 2015
Well having scene notice every penis flag would obviously be madness. Just a few here and there, and the rare big ones should be enough.

that then brings this whole discussion back to the point of "why does it matter then if it's in the game if it isn't even used." Why put something in game if it won't ever be used? That is a waste of time and resources.

Nonesuch

Scientist
Creator
Aug 27, 2015
that then brings this whole discussion back to the point of "why does it matter then if it's in the game if it isn't even used." Why put something in game if it won't ever be used? That is a waste of time and resources.

You're imagining every physical change on offer should be noticed and catered for within the game, which is frankly a bit dim. Things like penis bumps are cosmetic additions. That doesn't mean they aren't worthwhile. People like hats. Games have been stretched out for whole decades on the premise of hats. It allows players to make exactly the sort of avatar they want. Do they make the slightest bit of difference to the gameplay? God no. But games that consist entirely of nuts and bolts are joyless affairs.

It's only when you proffer genuinely serious player choice, like becoming a goddamn centaur that should completely change every sex scene but then don't follow through on it, that it becomes a problem.

Lashcharge

Aug 27, 2015

Besides Nonesuch answer above, it is used. But just because something is used a few times doesn't mean it need to be used all of the times.

Corivas

Aug 29, 2015
It's only when you proffer genuinely serious player choice, like becoming a goddamn centaur that should completely change every sex scene but then don't follow through on it, that it becomes a problem.

Don't forget Naga's!

Though that's less of an issue when compared to scenes with loads of inconsistencies within them when they don't include taur characters.

Noob Salad

Captain Shitpost
Aug 26, 2015
There are plenty of cum quantity and knot scenes, trust me. At least in the ones Fen has written. More than 1 dick scenes, well, I'm not sure. I think the number of times they're referenced (in the form of blurbs) is more than in CoC, but actual penetration scenes are less.

I don't tentacle hair is literal tentacle genitalia. In the sense that the feelers aren't thick enough for penetration.

Nik_van_Rijn

Sep 10, 2015
Moscow, RF
I don't tentacle hair is literal tentacle genitalia. In the sense that the feelers aren't thick enough for penetration.

I wasn't expecting scenes that would use your tenta-hair as stand in for penises, although if you go by the way they are drawn on vanae busts and lengthen them to the maximum value the salon allows, they would qualify,

What I expected was more authors using them and feelers as additional tactile organs in scenes with appropriate mood, to feel up, fondle and caress your partners. Both for PC and NPCs.

I have no problem with those things not being  present, but I'm genuinely curious why no one was interested in writing something like that.

Last edited by a moderator: