The Island of Doctor Lessau [SUBMITTED]

irioth

May 12, 2016
My understanding of the situation is that orange pills, if unlocked, would be sold both by Xenogen and Steele Tech, both technically producing it for you personally rather than owning it.  I believe Captain Steele personally owns the rights to the drug due to having commissioned it.

I'm not writing a questline to get the pills without working with McAllister, that's a can of worms I have no interest in opening.

It seems a reasonable stance to take. I assume you could/should add a few lines of dialogue in a scene with Dr. Lessau, to acknowledge the PC traded non-exclusive (i.e. to be shared with Xenogen) rights for orange pills to Steele Tech, and Dr. Lessau has them ready for purchase. They should be broadly similar to the ones about Grey Goo if the PC completed that quest (i.e. the good doctor praises the PC for creating new business and research opportunities for the megacorp and himself). This should unlock orange pills in the Uveto Steele Tech shop.

It's not entirely clear to me how the legalities of that item's research and development shook out in the end.

On one hand, Dr. McAllister made them in his own free time and using PC's funding, but on the other hand, he should be legally bound by his contract not to work for Xenogen's competitors and the Xenogen is told to really hold their lead researchers tightly by the genitals.

The item is also sold to you through the Xenogen shop...

The two megacorps are likely going to have to share rights on this item, but I very much doubt Xenogen would be able to enforce their exclusivity on this item, no matter how much it likes to keep a tight leash on its researchers. The item has been already created, the PC has the data and all the clout from being the future CEO of Steele Tech, the research was done in McAllister's free time and using the PC's funding and samples she procured. At most they might sanction McAllister for working with a freelance adventuress that has corporate ties with Steele Tech. But I doubt they'd bother. W/o the PC's intervention, the orange pills would likely not have been created at all or much later, and having shared rights on a new product is better than not having it at all.

Last edited by a moderator:
K

Krynh

Can't wait to play this content. Didn't read much to avoid spoilers but it looked great.

EmperorG

Sep 6, 2015
It seems a reasonable stance to take. I assume you could/should add a few lines of dialogue in a scene with Dr. Lessau, to acknowledge the PC traded non-exclusive (i.e. to be shared with Xenogen) rights for orange pills to Steele Tech, and Dr. Lessau has them ready for purchase. They should be broadly similar to the ones about Grey Goo if the PC completed that quest (i.e. the good doctor praises the PC for creating new business and research opportunities for the megacorp and himself). This should unlock orange pills in the Uveto Steele Tech shop.

The two megacorps are likely going to have to share rights on this item, but I very much doubt Xenogen would be able to enforce their exclusivity on this item, no matter how much it likes to keep a tight leash on its researchers. The item has been already created, the PC has the data and all the clout from being the future CEO of Steele Tech, the research was done in McAllister's free time and using the PC's funding and samples she procured. At most they might sanction McAllister for working with a freelance adventuress that has corporate ties with Steele Tech. But I doubt they'd bother. W/o the PC's intervention, the orange pills would likely not have been created at all or much later, and having shared rights on a new product is better than not having it at all.

Not just that, there isn't even a real market for Orange pills, since most myr wouldn't bother with it and not everyone who wants to look like a myr would want both sets of abilities. The market potential for Orange pills is so small, I'd say Xenogen wouldn't care too much about it since it might permanently hurt relations with Steele Tech for no good  reason.

Ormael

Aug 27, 2015
Wohoo Lessau is lil closer to be ingame. Keeping my thumbs your PR will be ASAP merged in @Neoptolemus

Last edited by a moderator:

irioth

May 12, 2016

Ormael

Aug 27, 2015
Is there any chance of Cynthia, Wait, their TF items, and the office gangbang scene being coded in the near future ? I welcome the addition of the good Doctor to the game, but I'm just as eager to have the whole facility material available.

As he replied to my post in other thread next one thing would be probably other scenes like office gangbang. Then TF since it's something he not sure he can handle properly atm.

Zavos

May 7, 2016
At the vary least, we'll have the office gangbang secene soon. 

Gear Grinder

Jan 6, 2016
Cant wait to tryout your content. Keep it up. XD

Couch

Scientist
Creator
Aug 26, 2015
I have ten different submissions in the pipeline right now and no ETA on any of them. They'll get looked at when they get looked at. This is also why I haven't published anything else of substance lately in favor of working on a pet project of mine.

Reactions: Zavos and MistyBirb