Amara fight bugged?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Couch

Scientist
Creator
Aug 26, 2015
Maybe non-Mercs could get a stronger version of Heroic Reserves to make up for the lack of Bloodthirsty (I think that's the perk name).

Smugglers are fine, they have two different options for how to replenish their Energy.  It's Techs who lack any way to recover Energy outside of items: in fact, they pay Energy, a nonrenewable resource that their overabundance of active abilities all compete for, to trade it for Shields, a renewable resource that they already have more of than any other class.  So right now the class that needs Energy recovery the most is also the only class that doesn't have it.

Savin

Master Analmander
Staff member
Aug 26, 2015
Smugglers are fine, they have two different options for how to replenish their Energy.  It's Techs who lack any way to recover Energy outside of items: in fact, they pay Energy, a nonrenewable resource that their overabundance of active abilities all compete for, to trade it for Shields, a renewable resource that they already have more of than any other class.  So right now the class that needs Energy recovery the most is also the only class that doesn't have it.

And will never get it, because Fen says they need to be "unique." 

Chesheire

Oct 2, 2015
hence the carrying around energy recovering items, sucks but it's there and we should use it.

Too bad we can only use one per fight, which can kill us techies when we're in an elongated fight such as a boss sequence. 

feelsbadman.jpeg

I suggested some ways to make each class more unique a couple more posts above, and I was wondering if I was correct in assuming that implementing them would create waaaaay too much work, be it in coding them or balancing fights to the tweaks.

Xeivous

Sep 21, 2015

The classes barely qualify as unique by the most generous definitions as is. Techies not having an energy restore outside of items, which every class can use, just makes them vastly inferior in a prolonged fight.

Etis

Creator
Aug 26, 2015
The classes barely qualify as unique by the most generous definitions as is. Techies not having an energy restore outside of items, which every class can use, just makes them vastly inferior in a prolonged fight.

Which is especially funny since they are obvoiusly defensive class.

SorenMageofMareth

Aug 28, 2015

What seriously? But Fluff wise they should be the class most likely to play havoc with energy economy and regen.  I mean sure. Smuggle uses some sketchy illegal drugs.  Mercenary Shonen Heroes it or did work of a government and got a surgery.   But second wind by function is something that seems like it would be more realistically fluffed for the Techie with them futzing with the Microsurgeons.   I mean it's not like Techies got an Item boosting perk like most tradition Techer Rpg classes.

And this unique thing is bullcrap.  Second Shot, and Heroic Reserves says high. 

Jacques00

Administrator
Aug 26, 2015
I think there is confusion with terminology here. "Energy" is, or should be, synonymous to stamina (fatigue status)--"Shields" is the actual energy bar for techs (fuel, batteries, etc.).

Xeivous

Sep 21, 2015
I think there is confusion with terminology here. "Energy" is, or should be, synonymous to stamina (fatigue status)--"Shields" is the actual energy bar for techs (fuel, batteries, etc.).

There isn't any confusion at all. Everyone is correctly referring to Energy in it's current form of being stamina. Techs cannot replenish that resource without waiting, sleeping or using a consumable. The first two options are absolutely not an option in situations such as the Stellar Tether, and there aren't really any energy restores easily available before that point.

Now I like the archetypes and mechanics each class is trying to be focused on, even if they're completely failing to do so in a way that differentiates themselves at the moment. I don't question that techs should have their defensive concerns focused around their shields where Smugglers are dodge builds and Mercs soak damage and have heavier armor. Hell I'm pretty sure most people aren't too displeased with that stuff. What people are displeased with, is that Techs are the sole class that can't have a boost of energy mid-fight without consumables.

SorenMageofMareth

Aug 28, 2015

Are you suggesting that in the future Tech abilities may draw from the shields? 

Jacques00

Administrator
Aug 26, 2015
What people are displeased with, is that Techs are the sole class that can't have a boost of energy mid-fight without consumables.

Is there something wrong with using consumables that replenish energy?

Are you suggesting that in the future Tech abilities may draw from the shields? 

No, I'm just saying how it works mechanically/thematically as it stands right now--I can't speak for future content.

SorenMageofMareth

Aug 28, 2015

No, I'm just saying how it works mechanically/thematically as it stands right now--I can't speak for future content.

When the other two get freebies for every fight? Yeah. 

Xeivous

Sep 21, 2015

Not inherently. However, you have the other two classes able to replenish their energy without the use of consumables in addition to being able to use consumables. Which poses an obvious problem in content such as the Stellar Tether, which comes in at a point where energy restores aren't exactly common.

Hell I'd turn the shield regen into a combination energy regen and shield regen, keep merc's second wind as an energy regen/hp regen and slap a dodge buff on smuggler's drugs.

Noob Salad

Captain Shitpost
Aug 26, 2015
Jeez, more than a year long necro.

Noob Salad

Captain Shitpost
Aug 26, 2015
No I didn't I said they should be locked. >_>

Still maintain that belief.

EmperorG

Sep 6, 2015
I was so confused why someone still didn't understand that Amara was a hard fight on purpose so long after she'd been implemented, since I read the thread from its starting post first. Took me a bit to notice the date discrepancy, but I've seen more ridiculous questions being asked so I didn't think it weird.

Though I wonder how tough Amara is now that we can be both level 10 and have better weapons access, since I'd long ago passed that fight I haven't redone it yet.

Magic Ted

Forum God
Aug 26, 2015
I'm glad you all felt the need to complain about it and then not report it.

Good job, team.

Status
Not open for further replies.