Harem, Dark RPG (VXA) game. v2c3m1 released 3/25/16

Status
Not open for further replies.

Number13

Aug 26, 2015
Played the new update and am happy as it contains a lot of my favourite aspects of games, Quests and Lore.

It was quite good.

Found some bugs as well.

When you are in the Shaman Orcs house and go to the cupboard and take the elemental cloak, the cloak is not appearing in the items menu.

Same with the Battle Axe you retrieve from the Forest Orc Chief.

And the Northern village still says that you need to track the orcs even though the mission is complete.

ker

Dec 11, 2015
Thanks!  Those will be corrected in 3m2.  Not serious enough to force a 3m1.3 through.

TheHiddenOne

Sep 14, 2015
1.  I'll correct that for the 3m2 release.

2.  Odd.  I don't know how I broke that but it'll be working again for 3m2

3.  Another one for the list :)

On Fenja - It was intentional not to have a sprite for her in the base.  She's a minor slave and won't have any further content.  But considering the number of questions I've gotten on that, I'm going to create a base sprite for her, but no additional content in the future.

On v1 to v2 - Depends on the content.  A lot of the stuff in the earlier chapters was really rough and poorly written.  As I'm getting further along the plot I'm getting to the point where my writing improved and I'm being able to import more of it directly from the old into the new content.  Rhea went through the chapter 4 rewrite nearly unaltered, Jessica on the light path ditto.  Dark path will be having more rewrites throughout content as I'm trying to change it's tone.  My goal with the dark path was to make the main character dominating and callous, but it really developed into a misogyny which was never the intent.  So most of that needs to get altered if not completely rewritten.  Characters like Alena will still have the same general arc that they did in v1 but the details are getting significantly altered.

? on replay scenes - It's 'group' and it's where I put scenes that don't have a definite main character to them.  Some of Phoebe/Noemi and Jessica/Angelica scenes went that way, and I couldn't figure out which bucket to drop them in.  So I created a new one!  The Sarah/Samantha scenes in v2 are close, but they pivot around Samantha enough that I declared them to be her scene.

On pampering one but not the rest (or vice versa) - There is some limited ability to do that, both Terra and Jessica can be treated opposite your route with significant differences in their scenes, but overall I have to be cautious.  The number of derivations that can cause becomes impossible to write quite quickly.  Ultimately the slaves will have to conform to your personality as defined by the route just to keep things sane from a development perspective. 

Thanks!

I *think* part of the questions come from the fact that she has her own category in the replay-menu. You could rename it into something like "Minor Slaves", so one quick look into the menu would remove any confusion. ^^

After finishing my blue-run (calling them that because "good" and "evil" doesn't really fit imho ^^') I noticed another thing: The Harem count is weird. I can make in-dept testing if you want, but I think the numbers are not increased correctly - if you want I can re-check every encounter and such and give you a full report =)

On another note, if I don't give the necklace to Donna, I will not recieve any scene, which is kind of a let down. Iirc Harem 1.0 had the choice to give the thing to Donna (Blue) or Sam (red) with a scene for both decisions, why did you remove that? Any specific reason? ^^

ker

Dec 11, 2015
I *think* part of the questions come from the fact that she has her own category in the replay-menu. You could rename it into something like "Minor Slaves", so one quick look into the menu would remove any confusion. ^^

After finishing my blue-run (calling them that because "good" and "evil" doesn't really fit imho ^^') I noticed another thing: The Harem count is weird. I can make in-dept testing if you want, but I think the numbers are not increased correctly - if you want I can re-check every encounter and such and give you a full report =)

On another note, if I don't give the necklace to Donna, I will not recieve any scene, which is kind of a let down. Iirc Harem 1.0 had the choice to give the thing to Donna (Blue) or Sam (red) with a scene for both decisions, why did you remove that? Any specific reason? ^^

A good idea on the Minor Slave category in the game.  Not sure if that'll make 3m2 or not but I'll probably switch to that.

If you would - Any bug in how that count works would show a bigger bug somewhere else.

Samantha never got the necklace in v1.  You either gave it to Donna or sold it for gold.  Had to go and double check the v1 code!

TheHiddenOne

Sep 14, 2015
A good idea on the Minor Slave category in the game.  Not sure if that'll make 3m2 or not but I'll probably switch to that.

If you would - Any bug in how that count works would show a bigger bug somewhere else.

Samantha never got the necklace in v1.  You either gave it to Donna or sold it for gold.  Had to go and double check the v1 code!

Mhm.. weird.. I made up a scene in my head and convinced myself that it was actually a memory - not sure if I should be impressed or disturbed.. oO Anyways, sorry for that then..

I will look into it. I will send you my notes tomorrow I think, it shouldn't take too long, but it is getting late and I have to do some work first ^^

ker

Dec 11, 2015
We’re just finishing up on 3m2 and I’m confident enough to pin down some release dates to it.  If everything goes as expected, I’ll release 3m2 to tier 2+ patrons on April 5th and then out to the public on April 22nd.

Please keep in mind that all release dates are projected.  I’m fairly confident in these ones, but unexpected things can and do happen.  They are not set in stone.

What 3m2 is going to add:

3 more sidequest lines

-Phoebe will have another quest for you, this time sending you underneath the Castra Corson and more into its history.  Involves Terra heavily, Fiona lightly.

-Fiona has another quest for you, independent of Phoebe’s.  And if you can attract her interest, she might even join you for a dinner.  Which will not end well.

-Gregory has a quest to send you west, into new lands.  You’ll meet some hardy harvesters.  And take one of them for your own, after doing some quests for her.  And meet someone new.

The resort in the fishing village is now open and Sarah would love to visit.  Even if she doesn’t know everything that goes on there.

Added the library to Castra Corson and put Phoebe and Terra into it.  Your chambers are now your own.

Restructured the way you interact with your slaves in base, making it easier to choose if you want to do their quest or interact with them.  Also added in a ‘quickie’ mode.  Not a scene, but you can call on your slaves at will now.

Added Fenja and Cindy to the base.  They won’t have any interactions but you’ll see them at least.

Restructured the replay scene mode to show what scenes you still have to unlock.

Various bug fixes, like getting the items from the Fenja questline.  They will be retroactive so you won’t have to redo that line.

Made it clear that the inn in Eowen is not actually for sale.  I might revisit that concept later, but it’s not part of content currently.

As always, I love any support and feedback I get on Harem.  If you want to donate to fund development of the game, make sure that you put in your pledges before the end of the month.  Patreon only runs the pledges at the end of the month, and if you don’t get in your pledge before the end of the month you’ll have to wait until next month to get the early release or additional content.

Magic Ted

Forum God
Aug 26, 2015
Wait, why do you have two threads? Begone, lesser-because-it's-not-showroom'd thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.