Favorite and Least Favorite Characters

Wint3rRyd3r

Feb 14, 2021
Since characters who aren't companions deserve love and spite too, why not discuss it.

I'm gonna skip out on companions since they had their own thread and start off proudly declaring that Kura and Hatsu are easily my favorite non companion characters, because I'm a massive weeb because they're reasonable women who can take no for an answer. Sure Kura starts off attacking you, but after just three fights she offers up an apology and explanation for her actions and is very nice afterwards. And her Egyptian ninja look is really doing it for me, but mostly because she's the first enemy I know of to just stop attacking and be reasonable without any extra steps. As for Hatsu, she's a muscular woman with an axe and understands consent and seems like she'd smell like smoked meat with a fresh wood shaving undertone. I don't need more than that. But full disclosure, if her art had messier bangs and flannel, I'd literally through money to have more content with her. Why yes I do have a type, how could you tell?

Honorable mentions for Garret and Gwyn. Garret's a cool guy you can have a beer with. If one of my kids brought him home, I'd be totally fine with it. I respect anybody who punches ghosts and is casual about wrestling a monster as a kid. Gwyn is a business owner and puts up with not just my bs, but also my kids' bs. That alone makes her awesome.

Now I'm at least favorites and that is also a tie. Lieutenant Jen and her merry band of bandits. Sure Jen, I'm just walking from point A to B and solving threats and doing what you were hired for in the first place, but defending myself against rapacious highwaymen pretending to still be mercs is totally impeding your search for your boss. I'm so sorry for meddling. Sarcasm aside, they're no more than bandits and Jen is at the very least enabling them and benefiting from their actions. It's hard to sympathize with them when they're doing all that and walking around town like nothing's wrong. Carmen really needs to vet and background check people better. I'll end it off with Byvernia. Her smug aura mocks me. What is she even hunting that I'm scaring off? We don't lift wyvern venom off her, so is she just hiding in a bush to ambush us to try and feel special?

Edit: I checked just to be sure, Byvernia does drop wyvern venom and I was wrong. RNG just wasn't on my side. But I stand by everything else.

Last edited:

zagzig

Feb 26, 2021
Let's see, favourites would be Hashat (hot, fun, and shows Etheryn a good time), Kinu (although being a customisable temporary protagonist and fox-daughter is kind of cheating), and Kasyrra (although being the primary antagonist of the game is also kind of cheating).

Least favourite, Byvernia in a landslide. In that I wish a landslide would bury her. There I am, just minding my own business and being a little bit above the suggested level requirement in the Foothills, and then a bunny leaps out of the bushes and kicks the crap out of me. I'm sorry I want to hit level 4 before taking on the War Camp, geez.

sumgai

Jul 17, 2017
Last edited:

Wint3rRyd3r

Feb 14, 2021
Reactions: Lone Wolf115

Kesil

Aug 26, 2015
Liked:
  • Komari
  • Azyrran
  • Rindo
  • Etheryn
  • River
  • Zo
  • Imora
  • Wyld Elf Band
Least liked:
  • Byvernia
  • Argoth
  • Raphael
  • Nakano
  • Arona
  • Takahiro
  • The centaur pack(s)
  • Garret
I know there are several companions there. But that's exactly the reason why I have interacted with them the most. That's why I might edit this as I keep on interacting with other characters.

Last edited:

Paradox01

Feb 8, 2020
USA

Sorry I tried searching but it didn't come up for me, all I got was the companion thread, and I wanted to avoid companions. Also gripes is more general and I wanted to focus on characters. My bad.

My guess would be that thread didn't show up in your search because you spelled the word "favorite" correctly. The same word in the title of the existing thread is spelled incorrectly as "favourite".

sumgai

Jul 17, 2017
My guess would be that thread didn't show up in your search because you spelled the word "favorite" correctly. The same word in the title of the existing thread is spelled incorrectly as "favourite".

IT STILL SHOWED UP THOUGH, it's just not in the first ten top slots. :ghost:

Wint3rRyd3r

Feb 14, 2021

It didn't for me but what I typed in was "favorite and least favorite" so maybe that caused it.

Paradox01

Feb 8, 2020
USA
Yep, there it is, 12th post down (not including the three returns I got for this thread).

I tried, Wint3rRyd3r, but you're on your own.

Wint3rRyd3r

Feb 14, 2021
Yep, there it is, 12th post down (not including the three returns I got for this thread).

I tried, Wint3rRyd3r, but you're on your own.

I just checked and typing it in again it was halfway down on the 4th page of results for what I typed in. I'll admit to making a mistake but it seriously didn't come up when I searched and I don't usually go beyond 2 pages.

zagzig

Feb 26, 2021
'Favourite' being the spelling used in British English, which is better than American English the same way the metric system is better than the imperial system.

Upcast Drake

May 27, 2017
Southeast USA
Base 10 is a better system. Spelling can go either way, I was just upset someone called non-American spelling wrong.
British English, which is better than American English the same way the metric system is better than the imperial system
So you lied :p

I'm just giving you a hard time, but the games do you use American English. Seems a bit odd to declare British English superiority on an American forum without a reason.

zagzig

Feb 26, 2021
So you lied :p

I'm just giving you a hard time, but the games do you use American English. Seems a bit odd to declare British English superiority on an American forum without a reason.
Blame Noah Webster, without him we'd all still be unified in -se, -ou-, and doubled consonants.

Animalistic

Jul 11, 2019
So I am allowed to post here? Well then
Favorite? No one really. Maybe Kiyoko, Arona foe girls, Quint for boys.
Least likes tho? Takahiro. Boy just rubs me wrong way in both looks and personality.
Least interesting? As of now Azzy. I probably need to once again reas her content, but good god did I find her uninteresting.
Would like much more if they had more content? Atugia (god this poor girl) and Elthara (I am basic like that).

Edit: I want to make a thread along the lines "What content are looking forward to and why?." But I am afraid of it being a repost but I can not find anything similar on the forum? Does anyone here remember threads like that.

big joe

Nov 5, 2020
Gdańsk, Poland
Edit: I want to make a thread along the lines "What content are looking forward to and why?." But I am afraid of it being a repost but I can not find anything similar on the forum? Does anyone here remember threads like that.
Did a quick check(searched looking forward) and didn't find anything, you seem good.

As for the actual thread topic:
I like most of the characters, if I had to pick a favourite, probably Brother Sanders, because he (as I've previously said) looks and sort of acts like my dad.

As for least favorite, Solveig by far. She's so...extra? Everything about her character on it's own is alright, but the pink haired half-orc half-lupine who you have to go on a wild goose chase just to find out her father is Garth(alas, a good character tainted) just makes me really angry for no good reason.

WolframL

Feb 12, 2020
I suspect that the overlap between 'Content we know is coming and want to gush about' and the existing 'Content you'd like added' and/or author-specific topics is going to be almost 1:1.

Mizukage

Mar 16, 2021
Evergreen kind of creeps me out with her bit about using magic to screw around with her kids in utero mad scientist style to make sure she never gives birth to boys. Such a level of control freakishness demand of control over her kids is kind of a yikes in my book.

Alypia

Apr 22, 2016
Evergreen kind of creeps me out with her bit about using magic to screw around with her kids in utero mad scientist style to make sure she never gives birth to boys. Such a level of control freakishness demand of control over her kids is kind of a yikes in my book.
Oxana is, ah...not my favorite person.

Alypia

Apr 22, 2016
I get strong Flemeth vibes from Evergreen, I am convinced that she does the very same things that Flemeth does in order to extend her lifespan.
I don’t care for her at all.
SPOILER_flevergreen.png

Majincotton

Oct 29, 2019
I have a lot of favorite charactets tbh I really like a lot of the party members and think they're very well written. If I had to put characters on a pedestal, then probably of the party members, it'd be

Brienne/Brint
Cait
Etheryn
Arona

NPCs on the pedestal for me are definitely

Elthara ,Hretha ,Vari ,Hethia ,Ragnild ,Vatia ,Kurako ,Kohaku and Jin-Jin

Animalistic

Jul 11, 2019
I get strong Flemeth vibes from Evergreen, I am convinced that she does the very same things that Flemeth does in order to extend her lifespan.
I don’t care for her at all.
So what you are saying is Evergreen in a sense is her own mother?

I personally am not one to really look at characters morality and it rarely determines if I like them or not. I mean, our companions are made of former cultist, rape dog and a Orc incarnate. So I stopped questioning morality of this world long ago.

Last edited:

Karamaru

Jan 31, 2021
That's why in my opinion finding people who have morals, like Cait Brint Etheryn Kiyoko ect, all the worthwhile to help and save the Frost Marches.

On Topic my favourite party members are Cait, Brint/Brienne Kiyoko Etheryn.
As for NPC's they are Garth Gwynn Sanders Komari Kohaku Mai Elthara Garret Hitoshi and many more of the general good guys.

Akhter13

Aug 30, 2015
Evergreen's affable evil makes her one of the most interesting characters in the game, there are so many ways to go:
Necessary evil - a powerful ally you never trust [eyes on the prize]
Smash with best smashy stick - if this works why hasn't it happened already?
Evil really? - it's not like she is a vampire like your Floof wife or the Baroness
Master Manipulator - double and triple cross with daughters as pawns, one false move and a very bad end may await
.... etc .... etc ....

so a lot more possibilities than say Ogrish or Gerik

zagzig

Feb 26, 2021
Has it ever been confirmed or hinted at what Evergreen does to Cait if you don't help her breed? That always seemed suspect, but otherwise she's just a nice lady who lives in the forest and... grooms and has sex with her many incestuous daughters.

Wint3rRyd3r

Feb 14, 2021
Has it ever been confirmed or hinted at what Evergreen does to Cait if you don't help her breed? That always seemed suspect, but otherwise she's just a nice lady who lives in the forest and... grooms and has sex with her many incestuous daughters.

I don't remember if they ever specify, but Cait seems fine after the fact and she already makes it clear she has limits. As creepy as Evergreen is, I don't think she's too messed up when it comes to sex. Besides her relationship with her daughters I mean. Definitely not having her babies. I don't think I'd forgive myself if I left them with her. She's probably that more pragmatic villain who has dubious morals but doesn't do anything extremely evil.

That's why in my opinion finding people who have morals, like Cait Brint Etheryn Kiyoko ect, all the worthwhile to help and save the Frost Marches.

On Topic my favourite party members are Cait, Brint/Brienne Kiyoko Etheryn.
As for NPC's they are Garth Gwynn Sanders Komari Kohaku Mai Elthara Garret Hitoshi and many more of the general good guys.

You had me till Elthara my dude. I know she's nice to the player after the whole quest, but her interactions with Hethia are too uncomfortably (for me at least) reminiscent of those people who want to force their beliefs onto others and have no respect for any culture or faith that's not their own. She spends most her dialogue with Hethia pushing her faith on her and showing no sympathy to her or the druids. I know the druids and city elves have a bad history, but getting the context in the crypt quest makes her look worse. Especially after convocation of mirrors. I dunno, maybe real life experience is making me biased. To be fair, she does use a cool war scythe and maybe she and Hethia just need to have some more angry sex.

On a similar note, I don't like Hethia or Infrith. They keep trying to act reasonable but they're doing the same stuff the rest of the orcs (except Rags, I can't believe I forgot to mention her) do, or at least support it. The only points in Hethia's favor are that she clearly cares about Rags and Infrith, and she sets you up with one of the game's best girls. You know, maybe that last one absolves her if we're being fair.

Despite making fun of him, I don't hate Nakano. I honestly pity him. He's got such a stick up his ass and needs to unwind but I don't think he's that bad a guy. I can live with Kinu Hime marrying him as long as they stop talking about me behind my back. unless it's about my backside, in which case carry on.

Ashamed Edit: I forgot Lusina. How could I forget big tiddy moth gf. I don't know why I like her so much. Is it the fluff? Is it that awesome sword? Is it her character archetype? Is it the fact that she refuses to wear a shirt? Is it all of those? We may never know. I do know I'm a little disappointed she's not the last companion but oh well, I can still teleport and see her. Gives me a reason to actually go to the marefolk village. And I'll admit to loving me some Drider Queen. Big boobs and fur override my arachnophobia apparently. At this point most of my kids are driders and there's a good chance they're biologically mine too at this point. And they're ADORABLE. Kinu has competition on being the whitest and fluffiest daughter after I laid that royal egg. I can just imagine big sis Kinu teaching her how to master her inner weeb and wield a naginata made of glorious Nippon steel.

Last edited: