Players needed.

Ecnalab

Apr 18, 2016
Okay, so, lately the old creative spark has been flaring up, and I've gotten the urge to run a good old classic fantasy RP. The story will be set in the once prosperous kingdom of Galamont, which has fallen on hard times after its noble king was seduced and possessed by a demon. Where once valiant knights once protected the land, now orcs, goblins, and other monsters make up most of the military. Even sadder, the people, who used to be free to choose there own paths in life, have mostly been forced into a state of serfdom that is only a stone's throw away from slavery.
The heroes of this story (the players) are a group of young-ish people who have grown up in this new state of the kingdom having never known the good times that their elders sometimes speak of with such fond remembrance. Instead they've grown up in the rough town of Clemence, having had to find work as miners, laborers, brothel workers, or whatever else they could think of to get by.
While they may not start off as heroes, fate will see to it that they have the opportunity to rise above their humble beginings to become legends, and maybe bring the light back to their home and people.

For this game I will be using a very simple version of the Dungeon World rules set. Basically, you have your ability scores: strength, dexterity, constitution, intelligence, wisdom, and charisma. Each ability can have a number from one to eighteen, with the numbers having the following modifiers: 1-3 is -3, 4-5 is -2, 6-8 is -1, 9-12 is no mod, 13-15 is +1, 16-17 is +2, and 18 is +3. All stats will start at eight and players may distribute ten more points as they see fit. Don't worry if this seems low, you will get more points to distribute as the story progresses.
Practically everything in the game is just 2d6 plus relative ability modifier. You want to attack, that's 2d6 plus strength/dexterity. You want to sweet-talk someone, that's 2d6 plus charisma. You want to cast a spell, that's 2d6 plus intelligence/wisdom. On a roll of ten or more, you succeed with flying colors at what you are doing. On a roll of seven through nine, you succeed with a catch; in combat this will usually be the enemy doing damage to you. And on a roll of six or lower, you just fail at your attempt.

Damage will be set, with light weapons doing three points of damage, medium weapons doing four points, and heavy weapons doing five points. Armor will likewise be set, with light armor negating two points of damage, medium negating three, and heavy negating four points. Characters will have HP equal to eight plus their constitution score; so if your constitution is twelve then you have twenty hit points.

Aside from these main rules, everything else will be mostly free-form; including magic, if your characters ever choose to learn any.
Any gender is fine, be it male, female, or herm; though please explain how it came to be if you choose the third.
As far as races go, I'm sticking with the classics for this one; human, elf, dwarf, halfling/gnome. However there will be opportunities for transformations as the story progresses.

Hopefully, this gets some traction. If you want to play, either PM me, or just post a character idea here. I'm thinking three to five people should be good, but I do ask that anyone interested in signing up please try to post at least once every couple of days. Hope to hear from some of you soon.

Reactions: Lone Wolf115

Keelat

Nov 4, 2016
This seems like it could be very fun! I'll drop a character idea hopefully others will consider joining as well.

TAN

Jul 27, 2020
Throwing my hat in the ring, I'll try to work on something today/tomorrow.

Keelat

Nov 4, 2016
Quick follow up question in regards to the races and whatnot will there be any mechanical benefits at all or will it just be more or less helpful lore and plot-wise?

Ecnalab

Apr 18, 2016
Quick follow up question in regards to the races and whatnot will there be any mechanical benefits at all or will it just be more or less helpful lore and plot-wise?

Elves and dwarves can see in the dark, gnomes can talk to animals. Beyond that, all races are equal.

Keelat

Nov 4, 2016
Name: Tyden Rhysling
Race: Human
STR 11 DEX 9 CON 11 INT 9 WIS 9 CHA 9

Bio: Most folks these days who reside in Galamont learned that if you don't pull your own weight around these parts then you'd be sure to be eaten alive and next thing you know you're in chains having someone else make decisions for you. Tyden was quick to learn this having to live practically off manual labor for most of his life. Tyden works two jobs at the moment one being an honest day's work while the other is slightly shadier, during the day he would go around abandoned towns of other locations where monuments once stood to collect whatever valuables that are around whether it be scrap, jewelry or anything else he thinks he can sell off to the right person. Once the day ends though Tyden's night job begins which he took to the painful profession of pit-fighting putting his health on the line to get surprisingly good pay depending on who's throwing bets during the fights. Tyden sure isn't the toughest but it doesn't stop him from giving his all during these scraps and win or lose he at least gets something out of the pot but he's almost guaranteed to leave with some bruises to tend to. Tyden's life seems simple enough for the situation that he's in and he likes to keep it that way keeping his head low and his nose away from any trouble. Though people can't be lucky all the time Tyden has been met with guards and served some time behind bars before maybe during a bust during some of his fights or when he tried to pinch of food from the marketplace but it doesn't stop him from getting back to what he does best and practically all he knows which is how to bloody a nose.

Appearance: Tyden is quite the athletic-looking individual though due to his lifestyle that's only to be expected. He stands 6 foot 7 inches in height and wears clothes you'd find on any other commoner. He has green eyes and dirty blonde hair that he has styled into a long ponytail, his skin is tan and there seems to be a light spread of freckles on his face. An old scar sits on the left side of his chin perhaps it's from a fight in the pits during his earlier years. Under his clothes, one would see that his body is well defined in muscle from head to toe.

(Let me know if I need to add any other details to this.)

Ecnalab

Apr 18, 2016
This looks good. If we can just get a couple more like it, then we'll be sitting pretty.

HeroicSpirit

Aug 22, 2019
Let me know if i need to change anything, okay?

Name: Melopy Gilbrook

Race: Halfling

STR: 9 DEX: 9 CON: 10 INT: 13 WIS: 9 CHA: 8

Appearance:
Melopy is well-built young halfling; she has wide hips and shoulders, with a bit of a belly and some fat on her limbs. As is typically of her kind, she is very small, being only 3 feet in height. She has freckly light skin, and her wavy orange hair is tied into a ponytail, as well as dark brown eyes and an aquilian nose inherited from her mother. Generally, she wears along with the typical clothes of a commoner a green hooded cloak. Her bust is, relative to her size, by no means small, and her bulge is quite apparent, being a full six inches in length when erect.

Bio:
Born to a local trader, Melopy had a decent education and a more pleasant upbringing than others in the town. Unfortunately, however, she was born with a bad lisp and had difficulty with speech, making her unable to take up her father’s trade. This fate loomed over her like a pendulum, swinging ever so closer to her.

The unfortunate day came when her father grew ill, and she was sent out into the woods to gather herbs. As she searched, however, it began to rain, and she was forced to find shelter. Looking about in desperation, she was able to find a cave and, without thinking, ran into it to flee the bad weather.

There in the dark, she found an old wooden gourd sitting by a fire. After taking off her damp clothes and sitting down by the fire, Melopy shook the wooden bottle, hearing the liquid swish about it. Opening the top, a warm, pleasant scent came from it. As she took a sip, warmth instantly spread through her body, and so she continued to drink. After finishing it, she fell asleep, drowsy after having drunken the substance.

As she slept, her dreams, which at first were those of her father well and prosperous, soon took on a much more sexual nature, as he unbuttoned his trousers to reveal a cunt, while Melody, bearing a cock, felt herself thrusting into him. As she did so, she watched as her father transformed into her mother, and then into a beautiful nymph. Despite the perversity of such a dream, she found herself unable to stop herself, and in her orgasm the world around her collapsed away as she fell down into a pit full of groping vines, which grasped her body and wrapped around her cock. Then, she saw standing before a tall curvaceous woman with ebony skin and dark green hair, her eyes like the flower of a lotus. She embraced the halfling, kissing her on the lips, and then, Melopy woke up.

Before her eyes, she saw, erect and dripping with fresh cum, a cock sprouting from between her legs, paired with a set of nuts hanging over her wet cunt.

By the time she had left the cave, her body had settled down, but Melopy doubted that this would be the last time such perverted dreams would enter her sleep.

Ecnalab

Apr 18, 2016
Not bad. So, we have a brawler, and a brainy type. If we can get at least one more, then we'll call it a party. In the meantime, does anyone have any questions or concerns?

HeroicSpirit

Aug 22, 2019
Not bad. So, we have a brawler, and a brainy type. If we can get at least one more, then we'll call it a party. In the meantime, does anyone have any questions or concerns?
Yes-

Does the being featured in the dream exist in this setting? I know I came up with it basically on the fly, but if you want to, you can include it.

Ecnalab

Apr 18, 2016
We're going classic fantasy here. Fey, ghosts, and other supernatural stuff are perfectly fine to include in backstories.

mazgrenan

Sep 11, 2017
Room for one more, I hope?

Name: Grushal Black
Dwarf - Male - 24
HP 18/18
STR 13 (+1), DEX 10, CON 10, INT 8 (-1), WIS 9, CHA (-1)

Stout and squat, with bushy black unkempt beard, and gold capped tooth.
Grushal boasts the impressive physique of a day laborer, a crooked nose,
and shit-eating grin. Swarthy skin and red eyes make his Dwarven heritage obvious.

The weak are soon parted with their money. It is but one of many hard truths the gutters of Clementine had beat into Grushal's head. That burning hunger was a constant in the young Dwarf's life, both boon and bane. It wasn't long before he was picked up by the local hoods, a firebrand bravo full of piss and vinegar. He wasn't proud, but he was full.

The same wicked energy that made him a terror in an alleyway - sharp, mean, safe - left him incompatible with honest work. Grushal knew it was only a matter of time before his luck ran out. These days he sleeps with one eye open, drawing his shiv at shadows. Somebody, somewhere is planning a score and Gru aims to ride that gravy train out of this rearview town.

Ecnalab

Apr 18, 2016
Hmm, a tough guy from the wrong side of the tracks, this could be interesting.

Well, that's three. I'll give this a couple more days to see if we can get one more, otherwise this will be the starting party.

Ecnalab

Apr 18, 2016
Well, it looks like this is going to be the starting group, hopefully some others will show interest later down the line. I'll try to get the first post up either tomorrow or the next day; thinking of calling the game Redemption's Road.

Keelat

Nov 4, 2016
Well, it looks like this is going to be the starting group, hopefully some others will show interest later down the line. I'll try to get the first post up either tomorrow or the next day; thinking of calling the game Redemption's Road.
Sounds good to me can't wait!

Tide Hunter

May 4, 2019
Ah, I've just found this. Would it be too late to join? Also, roughly how much time passed between the demon taking the kingdom over and the time at which it starts?

Ecnalab

Apr 18, 2016
Ah, I've just found this. Would it be too late to join? Also, roughly how much time passed between the demon taking the kingdom over and the time at which it starts?

Go ahead and post a character. Backstory will be provided in the first in game post.

Ecnalab

Apr 18, 2016
Okay, the first post in Redemption's road is up. Everyone, go ahead and give your character an introduction to the story, and a brief example of their daily life. Don't be afraid to add some details to the story, you guys will have as much of a hand in telling as I will.

Tide Hunter

May 4, 2019
Name: Elana Helia
Race: Elf
STR 9 DEX 16 CON 8 INT 8 WIS 9 CHA 8

Appearance: Standing at 5'6", her body is very lithe. Her skin is rather pale, though certainly not white, and has a small collection of scars on certain parts. Her hair is blond, long, and held back in a ponytail, and her eyes are emerald green. Her body is well-muscled, though far from bulky, and her outfit is practical, designed for hunting trips, along with a tough, weatherproof cloak. Though her hips and bust aren't quite, they're moderate, fitting her frame well.

Bio: Her family on her father's side were hunters. And so is she. She's gone out on hunting trips with her father since she was young, though as she recently grew of age they went on separate trips. Luckily for them, the hunts pay well: Food is valuable to everyone, but meat is especially well-liked by the monsters of the "army." Their lives aren't comfortable, but in the current shape of the kingdom they're one of the less poor. Despite the good trade, Elana's not good at the negotiations and trading, as that part is handled by her parents. Her social life is rather limited, due to her large time in the woods, even as a child. She's kind, perhaps too kind for the current climate, but she's not foolish in the face of potential harm.

Ecnalab

Apr 18, 2016
Name: Elana Helia
Race: Elf
STR 9 DEX 16 CON 8 INT 8 WIS 9 CHA 8

Appearance: Standing at 5'6", her body is very lithe. Her skin is rather pale, though certainly not white, and has a small collection of scars on certain parts. Her hair is blond, long, and held back in a ponytail, and her eyes are emerald green. Her body is well-muscled, though far from bulky, and her outfit is practical, designed for hunting trips, along with a tough, weatherproof cloak. Though her hips and bust aren't quite, they're moderate, fitting her frame well.

Bio: Her family on her father's side were hunters. And so is she. She's gone out on hunting trips with her father since she was young, though as she recently grew of age they went on separate trips. Luckily for them, the hunts pay well: Food is valuable to everyone, but meat is especially well-liked by the monsters of the "army." Their lives aren't comfortable, but in the current shape of the kingdom they're one of the less poor. Despite the good trade, Elana's not good at the negotiations and trading, as that part is handled by her parents. Her social life is rather limited, due to her large time in the woods, even as a child. She's kind, perhaps too kind for the current climate, but she's not foolish in the face of potential harm.

Looks good, go ahead and introduce them in the story.

Keelat

Nov 4, 2016
Made my post figured Tyden would frequent a tavern of sorts and would have some form of relationship with the owner feel free to name what it is and the owner I figured that should be left to you.

Ecnalab

Apr 18, 2016
You can go ahead and put your rolls in the main thread, just put them in parentheses.

(Like so.)

Ecnalab

Apr 18, 2016
Well, everyone, it was fun while it lasted, but if no one is going to post then I'm afraid I'm going to have to find some new players. Maybe I'll see you guys around the forums once in a while, until then bye.