[What if?] Sci-Fi Species in TiTS

HeroicSpirit

Aug 22, 2019
[Moved here!]

Basically, this thread is about asking what if species from another, more respectable*, sci-fi setting were in the horny universe of Trials in Tainted Space.

This will not only include species from popular science fiction series everyone knows like Star Trek or Mass Effect, but also ones from webcomics and web serials.

This will deal with not only how a conflict with the UGC might go or whether or not they will fight, but also how the other species might be altered by their interactions with the local species and culture, as well as how the technology would interact. Of course, it is fun to talk about space war, but still, that isn’t the most important thing to discuss or the most interesting for some people.

With that prelude, out of the way, let’s begin with some aliens I everyone should be pretty familiar with: The Vulcans.
star-trek-vulcan-1134757-640x320.jpeg

These green-blooded pointy-eared logic machines are not only highly intelligent and possess psychic powers, but also are physically superior to humans. They’re basically a Mary Sue race, whose only flaw is the fact they have all have stick shoved so far up their asses they should be walking as stilted as Shatner’s performance of Rocket Man. Vulcans keep their emotions repressed at all times and rarely express anything beyond being incredibly smug.

The only time they let go is when they are in heat, which they call Pon Farr. Basically, they have to fuck or they’ll die, which is probably why Vulcan virgins would die young. That sucks for them, since Vulcan lifespans are pretty long, averaging at two hundred years.

Vulcans possess the standard Star Trek technology: Teleporters, warp drives, energy shields, phasers, and tractor beams. They are well-regarded as scientists due to their big brains and are responsible for a lot of the Federations technology. Still, they don’t have much of anything special and have taboos against using psionic weaponry, rather than utilizing their natural powers. This is because they are relative pacifists and don’t like starting conflicts. That said, they do have martial arts, which include the infamous “Vulcan Neck Pinch.”

*No offense intended.

Reactions: valkyr42

TheShepard256

So, as my username suggests, I'm a Mass Effect fan, and I've actually been considering this question in relation to Mass Effect for quite some time as part of my crossover daydreams. Here are my thoughts on the subject:
Socio-culturally, the Asari Republics seem quite similar to the Gryvain Heartland Republic (mainly since they're both Space Elven societies), so they'd probably fit in the UGC just fine. Despite the overlap between the two on the galactic scale, they wouldn't clash with each other since the overlap is that they're both highly peaceful and diplomacy-oriented.
Once I started thinking about it, the asari's ability to mind meld as part of their reproductive cycle seems to be more in line with TiTS psionics than anything the mass effect should be able to do. I wonder how most people would view their ability to breed with other races without producing hybrids.

The Turian Empire would probably be rivals with the Anatae Empire, since they're both imperialistic societies with multiple client/member races. Most likely IMO, this rivalry would be more of a Cold War type, where each tries to expand more than the other without coming into direct conflict, though there'd be fears in the greater UGC that both sides are just one unlucky incident away from full-blown war.

The Vol Protectorate, being very economically-inclined, would likely have representation in the UGC Parliament much larger than its size would suggest due to trade with other civilisations. They'd also either trade much more often, or be business rivals, with the similarly-inclined Camarilla.

The quarians would probably fare a lot better under the UGC than they did under the Citadel Council, partly because they could use gene mods to compensate for their weak immune systems but mostly due to AI research being not only legal, but much more advanced. This begs the question of whether the geth would have even been made in the first place; if so, would they have achieved sapience like they did in ME? If yes, would the Morning War have ever occurred, and would its outcomes have changed?

The krogan would probably be considered like the thraggen but even more dangerous, for obvious reasons. If necessary, UGC scientists could probably come up with something more effective and less controversial than the Genophage.

Optimistically, the batarian government wouldn't be allowed to join until they'd abolished slavery, which is a tall order considering how integral it is to their caste society. Alternatively, they get an exemption from that in the same manner as New Texas does for the Treatment.

Ignoring precursor races, I can't think of anything that would change significantly for any other race.
There would be a lot of conflict between the Council and the Confederacy (hopefully of an entirely non-military nature); the two seem to be complete opposites in many regards, while quite similar in many others (which you might be able to guess from reading the contents of the above spoiler). Here are the main differences:

Artificial Intelligences:
Mostly illegal in Council space, with only four companies (including Synthetic Insights) allowed to perform AI research, likely in a very restricted manner. Illegally researched AIs have a strong tendency to go rogue, in many cases slaughtering anyone nearby (usually their creators), and AI-Gs don't even exist at all.
Broadly legal and widely used in the Confederacy, especially in the Gryvain Heartland Republic, to the point where even a single well-trained individual is capable of making their own, fully-functioning AI. Rogue AIs seem to be extremely rare and less prone to murder-rampages.

Genetic Engineering: While both factions use this for scientific, medical and terraforming purposes, the similarities pretty much end there.
The Systems Alliance has explicitly banned transformative gene mods in an effort to preserve Earth's biodiversity (fearing that it could be lost if alien genes were introduced to gain useful qualities), and since both the Alliance and the Council have banned creating sapient life, it's reasonable to assume at least some other Council races, if not the Council itself, have also banned transformative gene mods. What mods do exist can take years to reach their full effect in adults.
In the Confederacy, gene mods are widely used for recreational and transformative purposes, and their full effect is apparent within days at most. The development cycle for gene mods is also incredibly short, with novel transformatives being completable within weeks and only requiring small gene samples. The only TF mods from TiTS I could see being even questionably legal in the Systems Alliance are ManUp, Estrobloom and their variants.

Race Politics:
This seems to quite literally be the rule in Mass Effect, with membership in and embassies to the Council being on a per-species basis. There don't seem to be any laws that ban racism, even towards full Council members (Joram Talid openly campaigned as anti-human on the Citadel), and non-Council races tend to be looked down upon frequently, even outside Council space.
While racism exists in the UGC, it also seems to be much less prevalent on the galactic scale, and it's mostly confined to rush species, unusual species like galotians, and thraggen. While race-based governments do exist, they're not all-encompassing (especially the TSC), and representation in the UGC Parliament is on a per-planet basis (specifically, proportional to a planet's exports), so embassies would probably work more like they do on modern-day Earth (i.e. based on citizenship) than in Mass Effect (i.e. based on race). I can't recall a single instance where a character was discriminated against because they weren't the same race as the dominant species of their home planet, and only two where someone was disowned for having kids with an alien (Shade, and Eimear's mother). Speaking of which, aside from those two cases, hybrids (even unnatural ones like half-leithans) mostly don't seem to face any issues bigger than having to put down "Hybrid/Other" on the census instead of a 'proper' race.

Also, both of them are the only organisations of their size in their respective series, so if they ever encountered each other, there'd probably be some culture shock as they'd now have to deal with another power as an equal rather than as a potential member.

Also, did you know that use of Star Trek-style teleporters is considered murder under Vesperian law?

Reactions: Grimoire

HeroicSpirit

Aug 22, 2019
So, as my username suggests, I'm a Mass Effect fan, and I've actually been considering this question in relation to Mass Effect for quite some time as part of my crossover daydreams. Here are my thoughts on the subject:
Socio-culturally, the Asari Republics seem quite similar to the Gryvain Heartland Republic (mainly since they're both Space Elven societies), so they'd probably fit in the UGC just fine. Despite the overlap between the two on the galactic scale, they wouldn't clash with each other since the overlap is that they're both highly peaceful and diplomacy-oriented.
Once I started thinking about it, the asari's ability to mind meld as part of their reproductive cycle seems to be more in line with TiTS psionics than anything the mass effect should be able to do. I wonder how most people would view their ability to breed with other races without producing hybrids.

The Turian Empire would probably be rivals with the Anatae Empire, since they're both imperialistic societies with multiple client/member races. Most likely IMO, this rivalry would be more of a Cold War type, where each tries to expand more than the other without coming into direct conflict, though there'd be fears in the greater UGC that both sides are just one unlucky incident away from full-blown war.

The Vol Protectorate, being very economically-inclined, would likely have representation in the UGC Parliament much larger than its size would suggest due to trade with other civilisations. They'd also either trade much more often, or be business rivals, with the similarly-inclined Camarilla.

The quarians would probably fare a lot better under the UGC than they did under the Citadel Council, partly because they could use gene mods to compensate for their weak immune systems but mostly due to AI research being not only legal, but much more advanced. This begs the question of whether the geth would have even been made in the first place; if so, would they have achieved sapience like they did in ME? If yes, would the Morning War have ever occurred, and would its outcomes have changed?

The krogan would probably be considered like the thraggen but even more dangerous, for obvious reasons. If necessary, UGC scientists could probably come up with something more effective and less controversial than the Genophage.

Optimistically, the batarian government wouldn't be allowed to join until they'd abolished slavery, which is a tall order considering how integral it is to their caste society. Alternatively, they get an exemption from that in the same manner as New Texas does for the Treatment.

Ignoring precursor races, I can't think of anything that would change significantly for any other race.
There would be a lot of conflict between the Council and the Confederacy (hopefully of an entirely non-military nature); the two seem to be complete opposites in many regards, while quite similar in many others (which you might be able to guess from reading the contents of the above spoiler). Here are the main differences:

Artificial Intelligences:
Mostly illegal in Council space, with only four companies (including Synthetic Insights) allowed to perform AI research, likely in a very restricted manner. Illegally researched AIs have a strong tendency to go rogue, in many cases slaughtering anyone nearby (usually their creators), and AI-Gs don't even exist at all.
Broadly legal and widely used in the Confederacy, especially in the Gryvain Heartland Republic, to the point where even a single well-trained individual is capable of making their own, fully-functioning AI. Rogue AIs seem to be extremely rare and less prone to murder-rampages.

Genetic Engineering: While both factions use this for scientific, medical and terraforming purposes, the similarities pretty much end there.
The Systems Alliance has explicitly banned transformative gene mods in an effort to preserve Earth's biodiversity (fearing that it could be lost if alien genes were introduced to gain useful qualities), and since both the Alliance and the Council have banned creating sapient life, it's reasonable to assume at least some other Council races, if not the Council itself, have also banned transformative gene mods. What mods do exist can take years to reach their full effect in adults.
In the Confederacy, gene mods are widely used for recreational and transformative purposes, and their full effect is apparent within days at most. The development cycle for gene mods is also incredibly short, with novel transformatives being completable within weeks and only requiring small gene samples. The only TF mods from TiTS I could see being even questionably legal in the Systems Alliance are ManUp, Estrobloom and their variants.

Race Politics:
This seems to quite literally be the rule in Mass Effect, with membership in and embassies to the Council being on a per-species basis. There don't seem to be any laws that ban racism, even towards full Council members (Joram Talid openly campaigned as anti-human on the Citadel), and non-Council races tend to be looked down upon frequently, even outside Council space.
While racism exists in the UGC, it also seems to be much less prevalent on the galactic scale, and it's mostly confined to rush species, unusual species like galotians, and thraggen. While race-based governments do exist, they're not all-encompassing (especially the TSC), and representation in the UGC Parliament is on a per-planet basis (specifically, proportional to a planet's exports), so embassies would probably work more like they do on modern-day Earth (i.e. based on citizenship) than in Mass Effect (i.e. based on race). I can't recall a single instance where a character was discriminated against because they weren't the same race as the dominant species of their home planet, and only two where someone was disowned for having kids with an alien (Shade, and Eimear's mother). Speaking of which, aside from those two cases, hybrids (even unnatural ones like half-leithans) mostly don't seem to face any issues bigger than having to put down "Hybrid/Other" on the census instead of a 'proper' race.

Also, both of them are the only organisations of their size in their respective series, so if they ever encountered each other, there'd probably be some culture shock as they'd now have to deal with another power as an equal rather than as a potential member.

Also, did you know that use of Star Trek-style teleporters is considered murder under Vesperian law?
Oh, that’s super cool!

As for the fact Star Trek-style transporters are considered murder under Vesperian law, no I did not, which would probably make it pretty interesting when Vulcans meet them and definitely lead to some conflict.

Paradox01

Feb 8, 2020
USA
I'd like more alien TFs in general. I think it'd be awesome if players could recreate their favorite sci-fi alien* using TFs.

And by "alien" I mean "xenomorphish", not "human with blue skin".

Reactions: Emerald and OofS

William.

Staff member
Apr 16, 2018
United States
Rodenian ears and Zaika tails are a good step in the direction of weird, but we can go further, we have the technology.

I don't know what it is about Zaika Tails but they break my cold indifference on geni-tails handily. I think it's because they're both-in-one, are hyper capable, and there's some unique descriptions you can have. i.e they're long and strong enough to restrain wrists so you can feel cum pumping in or out when you or they ejaculate.

By breaking my indifference I mean just for them, I still would not prefer the alternatives. I did not see myself getting so involved in the Milk Thief's tail scenes but it happened and I think those turned out nice.

HeroicSpirit

Aug 22, 2019
Anyway, to get back on topic, let’s look at some species from a webcomic I’ve recently gotten into: Cassiopeia Quinn!

Recently, the creators released some info on the various alien species in the comic’s universe in the below sections:

Xenolog 1
Xenolog 2
Xenlog 3*

While not all of these provide in-depth details on them, it gives a good array of species that would probably have some effect on the UGC!

*would probably not consider the last one, for obvious reasons.

Paradox01

Feb 8, 2020
USA
Err, whats a Zaika and where does one find them?
No idea. My Google-fu shows nothing but restaurants serving Indian cuisine. Using the TiTSEd, I gave myself a Zaika tail but once I load that save in-game, there's no mention of it whatsoever, like I didn't even have a tail.

QualityCuntrol

Nov 12, 2019
Err, whats a Zaika and where does one find them?
No idea. My Google-fu shows nothing but restaurants serving Indian cuisine. Using the TiTSEd, I gave myself a Zaika tail but once I load that save in-game, there's no mention of it whatsoever, like I didn't even have a tail.

Zaika are inhabitants of the newest planet, Dhaal. They basically have 'Nuki Nuts for tiddy, and I mean that literally: they got balls on their chest that look like breasts and are filled with cum. They try to steal offworlders' breastmilk/other fluids, since it gets them high. At this point you can only find them on Dhaal, so you'll probably have to get there in order to have the game acknowledge any Zaika TFs at all.

Also, I think the reason I'm down with Zaika geni-tails is because they don't look like pussies or dicks, but are instead very alien. They aren't really a pussy or a dick, and even though it is still genital tails, they function differently and have a specific biology that kind of sets them apart beyond reproduction itself.

Paradox01

Feb 8, 2020
USA
o_O

I've been to Dhaal and fought the Milk Thieves but never twigged onto the fact that they're a new race. Everyone refers to them as "Milk Thieves". I guess they're so new, the editor doesn't give you a tail when you select "Zaika" under the Tail options and none of the tail flags are autofilled.

Back OT, I'd like to see Po and Badger teamed up and bimbofying actual xenomorphs. Weapons of Ass Destruction, as it were.

Last edited:
Reactions: QualityCuntrol

HeroicSpirit

Aug 22, 2019
Not to dissuade you from talking about transformative, but may I ask you to direct your attention to the topic at hand? Sorry if this is rude but it feels like we’ve gotten off the path.

Paradox01

Feb 8, 2020
USA
It's not rude at all, but...

Back OT, I'd like to see Po and Badger teamed up and bimbofying actual xenomorphs. Weapons of Ass Destruction, as it were.

TheShepard256

Anyway, to get back on topic, let’s look at some species from a webcomic I’ve recently gotten into: Cassiopeia Quinn!

Recently, the creators released some info on the various alien species in the comic’s universe in the below sections:

Xenolog 1
Xenolog 2
Xenlog 3*

While not all of these provide in-depth details on them, it gives a good array of species that would probably have some effect on the UGC!

*would probably not consider the last one, for obvious reasons.
I don't see anything that would prevent any of these races from existing in TiTS as they do in CQ. That's not to say they wouldn't have an effect, however:
  • Xerran's lack of secondary sexual characteristics prior to falling in love would probably be considered weird by most other races, though that could easily be true of any setting they're in. TiTS's highly advanced knowledge of genetics might even be able to accurately determine whether or not they were originally modded humans.
  • Since the microcanids resemble Earth dogs more than ausar do, the stereotype that ausar are dog-like might be less prevalent, depending on how early they were discovered by the UGC or its predecessors (since that stereotype is partly based on humans and ausar having their First Contacts with each other, later discovery of microcanids = more time for that stereotype to become deeply entrenched). Their small size would make standard UGC facilities awkward to work with, but that's a problem they have in their home setting as well and they seem to be able to get over it well enough.
  • Kyre's adaptive physiologies would be a subject of great interest to the scientific and gene-modding communities, since no other species have demonstrated the ability to modify themselves at the genetic level on an individual, non-reproductive basis.
  • Assuming the vanaa (not to be confused with the vanae) are still at war with the Regency/TSC/UGC/whomever, the UGC is highly unlikely to send out any Warp Gates past the western edges of known space until the conflict is over, stunting galactic exploration in that direction. There's also a good chance a lot of people wouldn't be able to tell the difference between a galotian and a vanaa due to both being goo-people, which would lead to a lot of awkwardness, misaimed discrimination etc..
  • While it's true the moraxians wouldn't have an impact on the TiTS setting, Ashley's situation reminds me of some of Anno's dialogue in the Event Whorizon. That dialogue indicates that Ashley's situation is not unprecedented, and that many people would want to study her. Given the megacorp-dominated nature of the UGC, even I can't deny that chances are, some of them would succeed and make her life worse than it was in CQ prior to spoilery events.

TheShepard256

I've also been thinking a bit more about precursor races (things like Leviathans/Reapers and Protheans from ME, Forerunners from Halo, Celestials and Rakata from Star Wars), and as far as I can tell, whenever they're included in a setting, they tend to have far-reaching consequences for that setting. TiTS lacks any precursor races, so the known galaxy's condition can be understood entirely from the actions of extant races (particularly the ausar for inventing the Warp Gates). If such a precursor race existed in the TiTS setting, things would likely be more in line with the setting those precursors originally came from, which is probably a bad thing from both a smutty perspective and a conflict-averse perspective.

HeroicSpirit

Aug 22, 2019
I know no one has replied to this thread in nearly a month but whatever.

The next species I’d like to discuss about are one that’s probably pretty controversial on the Internet, often cosplayed at anime conventions to sometimes disastrous results due to unsealed grey body paint, bathing in sharpies, and people generally being shitty. Yes, this species is...
latest

The Trolls, from Homestuck! Not these ones, obviously-they’re a bit too young for this sort of thing, being only 6 sweeps old and all.

What the fuck does that mean? Well, it basically means they’re 13 year olds, with sweeps being approximately a little more than two years long. Obviously. This is because the planet they come from circles around a Red Giant, taking longer to go around. It’s also why they are nocturnal-after all, look in the sun too long, and you’ll be blinded.

Now, one of the prominent aspects of trolls is their Romance which to keep things simple I’ll just copy what the wiki has to say on it:

The four quadrants are the four different types of romance recognized by trolls, first explained through exposition here. As humans are socialised to expect their single type of romance, a concept that can be defined by a single symbol (<3), so are trolls on both Beforus and Alternia conditioned to strive for four distinct types.
[...]
Matespritship is also described as the flushed quadrant and is denoted by the ♥ symbol. It is the quadrant most similar to the concept of human romance and is characterised by positive/loving emotions and is concupiscent (sexual).
[...]
Moirallegiance is also described as the pale quadrant and is denoted by the ♦symbol. It is characterised by positive/loving emotions and is conciliatory (designed to pacify) and non-sexual. It is a form of guardianship, but it isn't simply about being platonic soul bros forever: see Andrew's comment. They are a protector of their moirail's heart. They keep each other grounded.
[...]
Kismesissitude is also described as the pitch quadrant and is denoted by the ♠symbol.

Kismesissitude is what a troll feels towards someone known as their kismesis. It is linked to hatred, and it is necessary that both parties feel equal, balanced hatred towards each other. Not any kind of hatred will do, since there is such a thing as platonic hatred amongst trolls (similar to the human concepts of hatred and platonic love).

In other words, kismesissitude seems to be based on a mix of hatred and sexual attraction. As it thrives on a rivalry between two trolls, defeating or killing your kismesis is discouraged, since obviously there wouldn't be a relationship anymore. However, despite the stronger hatred aspect of the relationship, in order for a kismesis to last there must be some level of respect between the those persons involved; the tension in kismesissitude relies not only on hatred and annoyance of ones more irksome aspects, but also a level of admiration for their more positive aspects, as explained here. It is one of the two concupiscent relationships, those that deal with reproduction, the other being matespritship, and it has been shown that like with matespritship, kissing is considered an appropriate expression of kismesissitude.
[...]
Auspisticism is also described as the ashen quadrant and is denoted by the ♣symbol.

An auspistice is a "facilitator" of some sort between a pair, mediating interactions between them and keeping their relationship functional. Unlike the other quadrants, ashen feelings have only been shown and have suggested to be only felt by the auspistice and not the two parties in the mediated relationship.

Andrew explains that if the mediator does a poor job or is uninterested in keeping the peace, the two might delve into more torrid emotions, as stated above. Without auspistices, widespread black infidelity is guaranteed. It is one of the two conciliatory relationships, those more platonic to humans, the other being moirallegiance.

Now, another notable aspect of trolls is the Hemospectrum, a caste system that sorts people based on the color of their blood, with the short-lived rustbloods at the bottom and the seadwelling violet bloods at the top. These castes go as follows (in ascending order of lifespan and privilege):

Rustbloods are the servants that clean up, Bronzebloods are the farmhands that comtrol the beasts, Goldbloods are the psionic pilots that power the ship, Olivebloods are the hunters and gathers, Jadebloods are the caretakers for the young, Tealbloods are the lawbringers, Cobaltbloods are the aristocratic vagabonds, Indigobloods are the noble warriors, purplebloods are the religious clown kings who rule over the land, and the seadwelling violet bloods are the princes who only serve under the highest authority, the fuschia-blooded empress.

Now, obviously, they’re is variation within such broad distinctions, but generally speaking, this is a pretty fair assessment.

Anyway, let’s talk about their reproduction, starting with this bit from the comic itself:
Trolls have a complicated reproductive cycle. It's probably best not to examine it in much detail.

The need to seek out concupiscent partners comes with more urgency than typical reproductive instincts. When the IMPERIAL DRONE comes knocking, you had better be able to supply genetic material to each of his FILIAL PAILS. If you have nothing to offer, he will kill you without hesitation.

The genetic material - WITHOUT GOING INTO MUCH DETAIL - is a combinative genetic mix from the matesprit and kismesis pairs, respectively. The pails are all offered to the mother grub, who can only receive such precombined material. She then combines all of it into one incestuous slurry, and begins her brooding.

This doesn't mean the initial combination was for naught, however. In the slurry, more dominant genes rise to the fore, while the more recessive find less representation in the brood. Especially strong matesprit and kismesis pairings yield more dominant genetic material. The more powerful the complement or potent the rivalry, the more dominant the genes.

Now, an element of troll reproduction that’s left ambiguous is their genitalia. However, most fans generally believe trolls have tentabulges, which are exactly what they sound like and are usually the same color as the troll’s blood. Whether or not you agree with this idea is up to you.

Now obviously, there has to be more changes and stuff to be handled-for one, there is Gl'bgolyb, an eldritch horror living in the ocean that is only kept in check by the Condesce and the fuschia blooded heiress, which has the ability to wipe out all trolls in the universe with its horrendous psychic glub with the exception of fuchsia bloods. Another is the fact Alternia is only populated by children and teenagers, since adults are immediately forced off-World to go fight in space wars. I’ll let the others discuss how to handle this, as well as whether or not to include the Condesce or just keep it to the single planet.

Let me know what you think!

TheShepard256

The Trolls, from Homestuck! *snip*
Given the information presented here (which is all I have to go on since I haven't actually read Homestuck), the first thing that comes to mind is that sex and reproduction between trolls and other species would likely be a very rare occurrence, with the latter (if it's naturally impossible but unnaturally possible) requiring even more advanced and expensive tech than making half-leithans. Their humanoid appearance suggests that despite that, the average UGC citizen wouldn't have reason to treat them any differently from most other humanoid species; the only real problem is that they'd need to wear light-damping goggles like other nocturnal/subterranean species do.

Gl'bgolyb's ability to destroy almost all trolls reminds me of this:
Mothrine Codex Entry said:
What’s also known is that something exceedingly powerful wiped out the mothrine within the course of a few days. Evidence of bodies and preserved brain material show heavy psionic scarring, suggesting a virus or energy wave that targeted their psionically latent minds.
Which sets the precedent that such a thing is theoretically possible. The existence of a being with such power would be of great interest to many megacorps (especially Xenogen). If they manage to get close enough to study it, there's a good chance Bad Things would happen.

TiTS seems to be a relatively peaceful setting, with only two known major interstellar conflicts, both of which occurred before the formation of the UGC. That means that Alternia is much less likely to be at war with someone, and if they were, they'd almost certainly not be so desperate that they'd send their entire adult population off to fight in it. This would make things on Alternia much better in pretty much every single way, since war economies are unsustainable in the long term (also, adults are generally much better workers than kids).

I don't think it's too much of a stretch to say that gene mods could be developed that allows a troll to change the colour of their blood and thus their position in their caste system, but the higher castes wouldn't like such mods (people who are born and raised in power rarely want to lose that power, after all) and ban them within their jurisdictions. As such, those mods would command exorbitant prices in the black market if it exists.

HeroicSpirit

Aug 22, 2019
Given the information presented here (which is all I have to go on since I haven't actually read Homestuck), the first thing that comes to mind is that sex and reproduction between trolls and other species would likely be a very rare occurrence, with the latter (if it's naturally impossible but unnaturally possible) requiring even more advanced and expensive tech than making half-leithans. Their humanoid appearance suggests that despite that, the average UGC citizen wouldn't have reason to treat them any differently from most other humanoid species; the only real problem is that they'd need to wear light-damping goggles like other nocturnal/subterranean species do.

Gl'bgolyb's ability to destroy almost all trolls reminds me of this:

Which sets the precedent that such a thing is theoretically possible. The existence of a being with such power would be of great interest to many megacorps (especially Xenogen). If they manage to get close enough to study it, there's a good chance Bad Things would happen.

TiTS seems to be a relatively peaceful setting, with only two known major interstellar conflicts, both of which occurred before the formation of the UGC. That means that Alternia is much less likely to be at war with someone, and if they were, they'd almost certainly not be so desperate that they'd send their entire adult population off to fight in it. This would make things on Alternia much better in pretty much every single way, since war economies are unsustainable in the long term (also, adults are generally much better workers than kids).

I don't think it's too much of a stretch to say that gene mods could be developed that allows a troll to change the colour of their blood and thus their position in their caste system, but the higher castes wouldn't like such mods (people who are born and raised in power rarely want to lose that power, after all) and ban them within their jurisdictions. As such, those mods would command exorbitant prices in the black market if it exists.
Thankfully, for this scenario, I’m cutting out both Gl’bgolyb and the Condesce, due to how powerful those two are; the only thing the UGC will have to deal with is a hostile planet full of violent teenagers who engage in murder sports.

Also, the reason adults aren’t allowed on planet and off fighting space wars is to spread them out and halter any potential rebellions due to past events in Alternian History.

I also forget to mention lusii-they’re white-colored monsters that raise young trolls and serve as guardians. They often vary wildly, and can be anything from this:
latest

(Which is basically harmless)

to this:
02207_2.gif

(Which is definitely NOT harmless)

And, while not included in this scenario, Gl’bgolyb is also considered a lusus, albeit an unfathomably powerful one:
02434retcon.gif

Now, this obviously means the current heiress is basically an orphan, although since she lives in an underwater palace, she will not be too vulnerable. However, since she’s six sweeps old, it’s doubtful anyone will take her seriously.

TheShepard256

Thankfully, for this scenario, I’m cutting out both Gl’bgolyb and the Condesce, due to how powerful those two are; the only thing the UGC will have to deal with is a hostile planet full of violent teenagers who engage in murder sports.

Also, the reason adults aren’t allowed on planet and off fighting space wars is to spread them out and halter any potential rebellions due to past events in Alternian History.
So, they're very violent. Not a good fit with TiTS - given half a chance, they'd probably start The Thraggen War 2.0, which nobody wants. They'd fit in a lot better in the Star Wars galaxy.

Crablord

Jan 18, 2016
Rodenian ears and Zaika tails are a good step in the direction of weird, but we can go further, we have the technology.
i know im late but its not too late to be a necro
i just wanted to say that rodenian ears (and all the other weirder stuff) are horrendously overused.
i expected an infatuation mechanic like the rodenian ear sex to actually have at least 1 npc you could do it with, but maybe thats just me.

HeroicSpirit

Aug 22, 2019
i know im late but its not too late to be a necro
i just wanted to say that rodenian ears (and all the other weirder stuff) are horrendously overused.
i expected an infatuation mechanic like the rodenian ear sex to actually have at least 1 npc you could do it with, but maybe thats just me.
Okay, so yeah, it’s good.

Also, nice to see people interested in this thread!

Now, without further ado, let’s take a look at the vanilla Starbound species!
vZbM2a4_d.jpg

Now, for those who don’t know anything about Starbound, here’s the basics for each:

Apex: Fascist simian people that have really advanced technology and are under the watchful eye of Big Ape.

Avians: Egypt-Aztec Bird people that are very religious and can’t fly.

Florans: Feral plant bug people that also eat people.

Glitch: Robot people that are stuck in the Middle Ages. Some live in giant space castles.

Hylotl: Japanese triclops fish people that are naturally xenophobic and especially hate Florans.

Novakids: Humanoid Star beings that happen to be cowboys. Giddy up on the space train!

Let me know what you think!

TiTSFan

Jan 25, 2019
How about the alien half of Sil, from the Species franchise? Now that's an alien I would enjoy a close encounter with.

Reactions: Skywolf99 and Kesil

Kesil

Aug 26, 2015
I always liked Species and even its sequels. Giger's designs are hugely to blame for that, of course, but there's a deeper story going on which could be summed up as "I was interested in transformations since I was a kid and Species gave that interest a smutty edge". Therefore, having a similar thing on the game would make me truly happy.

Paradox01

Feb 8, 2020
USA
Reactions: TiTSFan

TiTSFan

Jan 25, 2019
Just the alien half? Natasha Henstridge is hawt!
She is indeed, but the transformation would make it harder to write for and would be very much like surrounding the related content with large flashing neon signs saying "stolen content here".
So, if I had to choose one or the other... sorry Natasha, but your breed hungry murderous alien half wins.

Paradox01

Feb 8, 2020
USA
Sorry, I missed the fact that you wanted to add the species (The Species?) to the game. I thought you were just talking in generalities.

I don't know if you could separate the two halves. If you did, you'd just end up with an "alienish" species that lives to fuck and breed. Not that there's anything wrong with that, of course; I've long wanted more xenomorph-like species in the game, and breeding is a kink far up my alley.

Reactions: Kesil and TiTSFan

Kesil

Aug 26, 2015
Another thing to take into account is that we also have half-breeds and "infected" humans to keep into some hypothetical TiTS context, both lore and design wise.
For example, this is how Sil looks like...
latest

...and then we have the likes of...

latest

latest

latest

latest

latest

Last edited:

HeroicSpirit

Aug 22, 2019
How about time for something more...classic, so to speak.

For starts, let’s go to something I think most people here will recognize:
Andalite.jpg

The Andalites, from Animorphs!

They have, besides long lifespans, the ability to turn into any creature they interact with! Unfortunately, this ability is absolutely horrifying to witness and even worse to feel, and they also are a bunch of stuck up pricks.