Yorna: Monster Girl's Secret [Monster Girl, Yuri, Straight, Female Hero]

Yeehaw Games

Oct 3, 2017
gn9a66589b7be519ac.jpg

Yeap, after more testing I’m fairly sure the crashes are gone for good. Now I need to fiddle with the code a bit more to circumvent the faulty logic and test out save compatibility with the fix.

Some players reached out to me with a mobile version problem - the pack-up script didn’t include some sound files. I’m working on the solution and testing the script with various configs so the situation won’t happen in the future.

With some luck, I’ll be able to finish before the next release wave for v0.9.

Yeehaw Games

Oct 3, 2017
Are u working on other games?
Or yorna is the only project right now

Yes, it's my only project at the moment. Juggling real life and day job to get some free time makes impossible to work on several games at once in one-man-band mode. Besides, I think it's better to focus one onrthing at a time.

Gotajarofdirt

Dec 23, 2017
Alright i have 3 questions. 1. are there bad ends? 2. Can the main character be turned into a monster girl? 3. did monster girl encyclopedia influence this game?

If you would answer those questions I would appreciate it.

Yeehaw Games

Oct 3, 2017
Alright i have 3 questions. 1. are there bad ends? 2. Can the main character be turned into a monster girl? 3. did monster girl encyclopedia influence this game?

If you would answer those questions I would appreciate it.

No, Yorna is not a punishing game, so I decided not to make bad ends. Ada is human and doesn‘t change during the story. Trust me, there are a lot of monster girls around even without turning her into another one.

Yes, of course. I use general images from monster girl wiki for each poll. It would be strange to make a monster girl game without any kind of reference from the original universe.

Farlun

Nov 28, 2015
One quick question: Is there any way to trigger sex scenes with the monster girls *after* you've defeated them? Barely started playing and I enjoy it so far but, not being into straight stuff, I completely ignore the basic enemies and only sex the female bosses - which gives a very limited amount of content thus far. But I'm very early in so I may be missing something.

Yeehaw Games

Oct 3, 2017
One quick question: Is there any way to trigger sex scenes with the monster girls *after* you've defeated them? Barely started playing and I enjoy it so far but, not being into straight stuff, I completely ignore the basic enemies and only sex the female bosses - which gives a very limited amount of content thus far. But I'm very early in so I may be missing something.

Err… Not sure what do you mean with ”straight” but, yes, there’s a domination mode. You can trigger a domination scene after defeating enemies with lust skills only. Check out the gallery to see the whole H event list and which enemies have domination scenes.

Farlun

Nov 28, 2015
By straight I mean heterosexual. So far the game's great but you either have one-time lesbian scenes or repeatable monster encounters that 90% of the time are males. I was wondering if there's any chance for lesbian romancing/sexing outside of the bossfights.

Yeehaw Games

Oct 3, 2017
By straight I mean heterosexual. So far the game's great but you either have one-time lesbian scenes or repeatable monster encounters that 90% of the time are males. I was wondering if there's any chance for lesbian romancing/sexing outside of the bossfights.

Oh… Usually, players ask to see more of hetero stuff compared to the majority of yuri H events - that's what confused me. The game is about 70% of yuri at the moment if you count all the scenes. Just continue with the plot and you’ll unlock more yuri events.

Macomades

Apr 23, 2019
Also scenes involving 2 or more monster girls with yorna
Or 2 monster girls together would be interesting

Yeehaw Games

Oct 3, 2017
ad106c0834b4daedecbf.png

You can download the game here. This release marks the final story update for Yorna but I’ll make several content packs for it in upcoming months.

I’ll post more info about this in the next development plans + a bit inside “What’s next?” section in the changelog.

Don’t worry, after completing the main storyline and watching ending sequence, you can continue playing to solve remaining puzzles, get all the scenes (including the ones I’ll add later) or simply watch mini-cutscenes with monster girls.

Yorna has 3 main endings + optional outcomes for factions, Octa church and vagabonds. Getting any ending will unlock all dress graphics so you can check them out in the gallery. Perhaps you missed some?

Oh, and don’t forget to prepare for Yorna’s fight. As the final boss, she can surprise you.

H scenes and art

v1.0 brings two usual scenes with lewd and normal variations for common enemies and the boss. New domination event features the gnoll. As always, you can find new scenes towards the end of the gallery.

Desona’s normal scene and doppler’s lewd scene no longer fade out the screen in the gallery’s replay mode if the short length was chosen in options. Gargoyle’s slutty scene now plays as intended. Sorry for these glitches.

Nun questline ending and cutscenes

Finished Octa church’s optional quests in v1.0. Each quest step has hints. You can meet one of Ada’s old acquaintances during it and get a useful talisman as a reward. It may come very handy in Yorna’s boss fight.

Added a mini-event with the honeybee in the castle’s garden if you decided to help her with honey.

Tech stuff

Crash problem fix. While I released it before the final v1.0, it’s a big change and I decided to list it here. If you still encounter any kind of issues – contact me with all available info. Autosave feature stays even with its main enemy defeated for convenience sake.

Fixed geometry and shadows in several areas – lava depths, Mortimer’s tower, Grey castle and cultist caves with dark matter.

Fixed passive effect from “Clarity” skill. Now it correctly applies mana regen to all battles.

Fixed combat sprites showing above interface in boss fights. Now they are properly layered under it.

Small fixes and improvements

Lust draft received appropriate item info.

Adjusted Astrum’s (dress) details to reflect that its mana regen is passive and works even out of combat as intended.

Corrected 2 issues with total clear counters inside the mansion and Grey laboratory.

Fixed Serena arrival at the castle before you save her from Desona.

Ada’s no longer briefly invisible after losing to dark matter or doppler and teleporting to Ayane’s shrine.

Fixed missing icon for the tray.

Fixed some dresses to correctly work with Ada’s undressing. Previously they retained original clothes instead of showing naked sprites.

Fixed static cursor during code input for the shady guy if you didn’t use the keyboard to change between digits.

Sex sounds no longer play after gallery’s H events in the mansion are over.

What’s next?

It’s only a brief description of my plans and I’ll give all the detail in the upcoming dev.plans. In short, I’ll prepare several posts about game drafts I have in mind for the next project. These will be public, just as the poll for deciding the new game. Patrons will have their voting power increased to reflect their contribution, no worries here.

The poll will be up for about 2 weeks so players can think about the options meanwhile I’ll try to contact news sites and forums to get more eyes on Yorna and the new project discussion. Any help in this regard is deeply appreciated.

Setting the new game aside, Yorna will receive a content update each month. Typically, such packs will contain new H scenes (domi events + mansion), mini-cutscenes with different monster girls. Maybe I’ll add a new optional quest or two, depends on the workload. Don’t want to add stupid fetch errands.

Can’t give an exact number of months before the next project goes live but Yorna will receive monthly updates up to the point where the new game takes over as the main project. As a rough approximation, I’d say the interlude will be around 3 months.

I’ll provide more info on new features I want to add and reports about each phase of preparation later. Let’s just say I’m planning to bring fully animated scenes in a new way, without League of Corruption’s flaws. Among other things…

See you in the next developer’s plans!

Reactions: flying_moustache

Yeehaw Games

Oct 3, 2017
It’s time to discuss detailed plans for June -> July period and beyond. A fair warning – it will be a pretty big post but it’s necessary to create an understandable picture of my plans for Yorna and the interlude. Okay, let’s start with Yorna and immediate future.

Yorna’s future and updates

As I already mentioned in v1.0 changelog, Yorna will receive monthly updates until I can fully switch my attention to the new game. The next update will bring at least 3 new scenes aside from some game polishing.

At the same time, I’ll try to get some distribution platforms like Nutaku and Steam so more players could try my creations. Tell your friends if you liked the game, any help is greatly appreciated.

Thing is – these are shops and most likely new updates will be exclusive to Patreon and these platforms. Of course, patrons will receive all the new content, but free releases will stop at v1.0 as it will go public on July 7th. I’ll still support the free version logic-wise and fix the problems as they arise. Yorna’s exclusive version will receive EX name to avoid confusion.

EX will offer new H events, cutscenes with monster girls and possibly small optional activities. Yes, some of you may disapprove but let’s be honest – distributing platforms most likely won’t be interested in free content and you can play the entire game story-wise by downloading Yorna from Patreon.

Picking the new project

First of all, you, as players will decide which draft will be my next big thing. I’ll post info about 4 options during this week so everyone could pick their favorite among different settings and main character’s gender. The poll is scheduled for the weekend and most likely will take about 2 weeks.

The poll will be public with vote power scaling along with your support. It will use similar logic to “monster girl” polls which we held before. Patrons receive their regular power +1 and down to a minimum of 2 power at Magus tier. Non-patron votes count as 1. You can check reward tiers for more details or ask me directly if not sure about the system.

I’ll post drafts with ideas in separate posts and then link them all into the poll. This way you can check all the info without searching Patreon.

Interlude before switching to the new game

Alright, so how much time will I need to build prototype release for a new game? The whole period roughly divides into 3 game dev phases.

In the first phase, I’ll pick new features or improve existing ones to use in the next project. There’s a lot of ideas and 100% won’t be able to implement them all. I need to filter more important features and try them out to be sure they are working. This way I can be sure which option will be doable and how much time they consume for support.

In the second phase, I’ll be working on the detailed plot and implementing picked features in rough prototypes. This will happen after players pick the winner from my drafts during the poll. Then artists can start with the art, user interface and the game will enter pre-alpha state.

In the third phase, the new project will be approaching a playable version and conclude the interlude period. Polishing, pre-final tweaking and final touches before rolling the first release out. At this time, I’ll update the Patreon with new rewards specific to the new game and mark it as my main project.

I’ll provide details for each phase in weekly reports as I’ll work through the steps. These posts will include work in progress art, scenes and animations along with sketches and other stuff.

Okay, how much time will each phase take? Can’t say for sure but a rough estimate is about 1 month each. Perhaps a bit more. Wait, isn’t this pretty long? Depends on your point of view because I only described my own, developer’s goals for this period. There’s a second side.

Logistics and team correction

Players who followed Yorna for some time know there’s a delay between reaching goals and actually receiving the benefits from them. It’s the time where I search for suitable artists, modifying the code and do other preparations.

A good example is the art commissions. You can find different styles in Yorna. While not bad by itself, some players prefer a single art style across the whole game. This mishmash wasn’t my wish, but I had to get new people working on the game after some artists decided to cycle out. Personal preferences, other offers, real life – everything can happen during year-long game development.

Thus, the interlude will give me time to prepare the artist team which will (hopefully) stay the same until the finish.

The second big point is skill polishing. I want to use animated H scenes in the next project and doing so will require quite a bit of trial and error to present you juicy scenes. Since there’s no option to hire a pro animator, we’ll have to duke it out with artists. The animation is interesting yet can be rather hard to do properly.

Also, I plan to contact some local bands to create our own tracks for the new game. Using freebies is okay but they aren’t perfect quality-wise and sometimes it’s hard to get a fitting one for locations or events.

That’s about it for the general plan. Ask me anything either on Patreon or via yeehawgames@gmail.com

Yeehaw Games

Oct 3, 2017

Macomades

Apr 23, 2019
So the next project will be cyberthing right?
Will it feature yuri scenes also like yorna?
Since you know the protagonist is a female.

Last edited:

Jash

Oct 8, 2015
So is 1.0 supposed to be effectively "complete"? What exactly is going to be in the monthly updates then?

Macomades

Apr 23, 2019
So is 1.0 supposed to be effectively "complete"? What exactly is going to be in the monthly updates then?
Although it'd be good that he continues on expanding the story
like playing with other characters, yknow extra missions covering the stories of the monster girls or other characters...

Yeehaw Games

Oct 3, 2017
So the next project will be cyberthing right?
Will it feature yuri scenes also like yorna?
Since you know the protagonist is a female.

Yes, though Cyberthing is just a placeholder name. Yes, at least for variety’s sake, it will feature some girl on girl action while straight theme will be dominant.

v1.0 marks the end for the main questline. I suggest you read this post about my plans for the future since giving a detailed answer will essentially require copying this info here. Follow me on Patreon to keep up with the news.

Although it'd be good that he continues on expanding the story
like playing with other characters, yknow extra missions covering the stories of the monster girls or other characters...

It all depends on my free time and right now I’m in a hardcore tech grind mode with little to no wiggle room aside from the planned content. Perhaps I’ll get more time later.

Macomades

Apr 23, 2019
Not sure if its an error in the phone version or an incomplete part of the story

I just finished the new update v1.0
Which is supposed to conclude the main story line however i am still unable to open the path to the first chest back in the tenta-flower forest.
Another thing is the dude who lost his child in the desert village .
So does this mean there's a chance of expanding the story to find the child or its an abandoned part?

Yeehaw Games

Oct 3, 2017
Not sure if its an error in the phone version or an incomplete part of the story

I just finished the new update v1.0
Which is supposed to conclude the main story line however i am still unable to open the path to the first chest back in the tenta-flower forest.
Another thing is the dude who lost his child in the desert village .
So does this mean there's a chance of expanding the story to find the child or its an abandoned part?

Do you mean Nymph’s forest? You can open paths to chests as soon as you find the crystals in the northern zone - just use different combinations and check audio cues + visual changes to understand the result. It’s an optional puzzle and doesn’t affect the plot.

The man you are talking about mentions the legend to hint that the ever-burning rock you need to get for Ayane is not in the town itself. This, in theory, should lead players to search in the ”combat” part of the desert.

So, both are optional to the plot and you can beat the game without interacting with them.

Reactions: Macomades

Yeehaw Games

Oct 3, 2017
comerc593f44a11f8b786c.png

Hello! The first month of working on a new game passed and this means it’s time to release the first EX version of Yorna.

You can download the latest release here.

If you are not familiar with it – EX are updates which I will make until the point where I can fully shift my attention to the new game and make a release for it. These releases will typically have new domination H events, monster girl small cutscenes and minor improvements.

H content

Moth, tenta-girl and minotaur receive their domi events. To trigger a domination victory, you’ll need to use lust magic skills like “Seduce” and “Lust Bolt” to overwhelm your opponent without using any other offensive means. Depleting enemy’s HP bar with lust energy will trigger a special domination scene.

You can find all available H events in the gallery and it’s a good idea to check which enemies have domination scenes. I put new arrivals in the end of domi section and before factional stuff.

Minor Improvements

Expanded several maps from Nymph’s forest and the desert. These zones still had some issues with Ada’s on-map sprite concealing walkable tiles.

Added more interactive tiles to Sand Town’s merchants to make it similar to the starting village. No additional functions added just an atmosphere change.

Hidden Ada’s on-map sprite for Android version. It will still appear during dialogues or cutscenes but will no longer obscure the map.

Added a note to “Seduce” and “Lust bolt” skills to mention the domination scenes. No changes in domi victory logic.

Yeehaw Games

Oct 3, 2017
Heya! As always, here are the main points of my work this month. Yorna will receive 3 new H events and a pair of small cutscenes with monster girls. This will most likely cover all missing domi scenes and the next month can open up opportunities for mansion’s scenes.

Now, let’s talk about the new game. I’m still rigging Live2d SDK v3, though several breakthroughs happened. After all the hard work, I can play animations inside the RPG Maker’s scenes below the interface level - this allows me to make a gallery and scene logic similar to Yorna’s. A huge plus - existing logic can be used to speed up development in the future.

Also, I can display several animated objects at the same which, in theory, can allow me to make animated dialogue scenes. At this moment, I don’t know if this will be in the game but the option to do so is definitely welcome. Depending on my workload and active animators/artists this may become another feature for Cyberthing.

My main is for this month is to finish the prototype so artists could start learning Live2d and decide if they can handle the animation. This will mark the end of “Preparation phase I” and the start of “Phase II” where we’ll be working on an early alpha build.

Of course, there are other obstacles and hindrances to think about. For example, Live2d SDK v2 used pixie.js to play animations and corresponding sound effects, including synced audio. SDK v3 uses WebGL and a quick search didn’t give me any option to sync the sound with action.

Some may disregard this issue as non-important. Besides, I sort of synced the audio in Yorna, right? Well, the usual animation loop is around 20-50 frames and if the game will play exactly the same sound each second or so - you’ll quickly make a voodoo doll for me. Or mute the H sounds. Non-critical yet definitely can work for the atmosphere if done right.

While I already can load up different models and animations and play them, I do this via hard-coding resources in the loader. This may cause some issues in the long run since all of them load up at the start of the game. All animations are ready to go at any time. Great. Models eat up RAM and are stuck there until you shut down the game. Bleh.

Again, a non-critical issue but I would like to see a smart loader which can manipulate RAM based on which scenes player can trigger and unload the events which won’t be active in the foreseeable future. This will be more of an advanced feature which can be finished even after the game releases yet it would be great to have from day 1.

Plus, July will be the month where I start working on publishing EX version to Steam and Nutaku. Some players asked me about the release date but only a rough estimation is possible. Can’t say for sure if everything will go smoothly but there’s a chance you’ll be able to find Yorna on these platforms late August. No promises though, I never published anything on them.

These are the main points for July -> August period. As always, I’ll make weekly updates so stay tuned and check the news.

Yeehaw Games

Oct 3, 2017
102_ex6d2aa70c91dab0b8.jpg

You can download the game the last EX version here. This release brings several big interface changes so the public version will get them a bit later, minus the H content and scenes. I’ll make a separate post after thorough testing along with developer's plans. Estimated date - August 19th.

H scenes and art

v1.02 brings three new domination scenes featuring night gaunt, gargoyle and titania. As always, you can find new scenes towards the end of the gallery. These events use the usual logic to get – defeat monster girls without using damaging skills, just lust magic like “Seduce” and “Lust Bolt”.

Miniscenes with monster girls

This content pack brings 2 new mini-scenes. In the first one, you’ll see Leary’s reaction to the world’s unfairness. You can get this event after beating the final boss and entering the castle’s garden.

In the second scene, you’ll witness Gabby’s final decision about drinking with a little bit of help from a gargoyle. This event is available earlier – just enter the castle’s kitchen after beating Cheshire.

Interface changes

Mobile version got a new button to hide and show Ada’s on-map sprite. It’s pretty much the same as pressing Q in the desktop version and now Android players can toggle it too.

GUI received an interesting upgrade with detailed item comparison for equip and shop menus. In the new version, the game will show all the stat changes if Ada will equip the new item. This way you can understand if you really want the new gear without buying it first.

So, what are these extra stats? Aside from already familiar physical + magical attack and defense, there are several others. Guess I need to give a proper description to avoid possible confusion. And just to be sure – these stats were active all the time so nothing changes power-wise.

Speed affects action order during combat. Characters with higher speed act first. Some skills can affect your speed both positively and negatively. For example, healing skills and drinking potions have top priority to avoid scenarios where players decide to heal but get finished off by a faster enemy.

Luck affects Ada’s debuff resistance. Higher luck makes getting bleeding and other negative states harder. The effect gets even better if you already have some kind of gear with extra resistance to some kind of debuff. The same goes backward - higher luck allows easier placing debuffs on your enemies easier.

Crit is self-explanatory – higher crit means more critical hits both with skills and common attacks. Please note, not all skills can have crits.

Dodge – allows evading physical attacks, the higher the better. Doesn’t help with magic and lust attacks since they check against Ada’s magical defense. Dodging an attack will nullify all damage and debuff application.

Accuracy is dodge’s counter, it negates enemy’s evading ability. By default, each normal attack has a 100% chance to land, minus foe’s dodge. So, if Ada’s accuracy is lower than enemy’s dodge, her attacks may miss. If her accuracy is equal or greater than opponent’s dodge, all attacks will hit the mark.

Max HP & MP – boost Ada’s maximum health and mana respectively.

Small fixes and improvements

Added missing icon for simple earrings.

Fixed strange rock formations inside the cave with dark matter girls.

Adjusted several item descriptions. They were too long for the description window and ended abruptly.

Minor map geometry improvements.

What’s next?

During the next month, I’ll move to the 3rd and final phase of preparation for the new game. Which means more previews and the last update for Yorna. Also, thanks to one of the players, I’ll post Yorna’s walkthrough after polishing it a bit.

Want to know more? Stay tuned for upcoming developer’s plans!

Yeehaw Games

Oct 3, 2017
It was a pretty busy month, yet I completed almost all of the base logic for the new project. This means I’m ready to start filling it with content like maps, events and so on. The only thing which blocks me from advancing to phase III is animating scenes. Still, need to work on the process + some non-obvious issues appeared during work.

Most artists don’t mix drawing art and animating it and, honestly, it’s the right choice. Well, the problem is – I can’t get more people onboard to tackle animated scenes as 2 separate tasks for artists and animators. Thus, I’m checking who can handle it and how much animation workload I’ll need to do myself.

So, my main goal for August -> September period will be finalizing the animation routine process and choosing the features to put inside the initial release. Looks like some of these will have to wait a bit before appearing. Not a big deal. Yorna demonstrated that minor feature like mini-games can be added during monthly releases.

Also, RPG Maker MV has a lot of fantasy-themed sprites, both characters and tilesets. Can’t say modern or sci-fi themes received the same love. I’ll need to prepare quite a bit of custom graphics to make the proper mood and setting for the game.

The band I’m working with is recording the main theme for Cyberthing (yeah, the name won’t stick for long). It’s one of the more difficult tracks if not the most difficult one – still it’s an important element. After that, we’ll switch to combat tracks and ambient. If all goes well, it will be juicy ^^

Tech-wise, I would like to tinker a bit with feature plugins but it’s nothing serious, just adapting stock solutions for my own needs and testing them. It’s a good way to switch from animation stuff and will add more cyberpunk flavor to the game.

Most of this work will be for the gallery. Instead of pure CG mode like in Yorna, the new project will have the animation-only option without text. Plus, I want to add buttons so players will control the flow of the H scene, unlike Yorna where you could only advance forward.

Also, there’s an idea to make several transactions for each stage of H events. Making them slightly different and adding different sounds can make animated scenes much more interesting.

Going ham, I have an idea about making a short promo teaser for the new game but with so much going on, I’m not sure I will be able to do it properly. Still, it’s worth a shot even if it won’t be ready for the initial release day. We'll see how it'll go.

The public version of Yorna will receive an update August 21st (v1.00c) - new interface and several small fixes. I wanted to roll it out today but found a strange behavior with older plugins which no longer exist in EX version. Need a bit more time to unveil this issue.

Oh, and the last but not least – publishing the walkthrough, courtesy of DarkLizerd from F95 forum. I want to improve his work and give a bit more details before posting it on Patreon and main forums.

That’s about it. Ask me anything you want and stay tuned for previews and updates.