[VN] Timelapse [Patreon, PUBLIC, Harem game by BBBen]

BBBen

Mar 6, 2016
PAT_poster.jpg

You can support the development of the game at: patreon.com/bbben

Overview:
Shuji has lost the last month of his life. Now he finds in that time he's been dating a group of gorgeous, out-of-his-league girlfriends. What happened in that time? And will he be able to turn a group of jealous ex-girlfriends into a harem? Choose how you build your skills and which women you’ll focus on, as you date the girls in order to unravel the mystery and unlock interactive, point and click sex scenes.

This edition, titled "The First Day" includes the full first day of the story, introducing much (but not all!) of the cast.

Kinks: Harem, Male domination, Group sex, Cheating, Exhibitionism (and MORE to come as development continues!)

Download:

v0.2.2 for Windows: https://mega.nz/#!dO4nVIpC!XJ4zOybQj...92y4K66VegUTFY

v0.2.2 for Mac: https://mega.nz/#!JOwFhQSa!doYOF2Opy...2npvWsBaEmicH0

v0.2.2 for Web browser: https://mega.nz/#!1Cp3DYZa!WrT-nKNEc..._ZjXtcR_EuxeWw

The most recent versions of the game available to patrons can be found here.

Features (some are still to come):
  • The game already includes voice acting and a large number of images. Animations are also coming, with more extensive animations if the game gets enough support!
  • The gameplay is non-linear, allowing you to choose how you build your skills and which women you’ll focus on, as you date the girls in order to unravel the mystery.
  • Restore your memories to discover how your past self seduced each of the women, then build a harem as you persuade them all to return to you.
  • Experience large, interactive sex scenes with many available possibilities.
  • As you replay the game, you will discover more women to unlock and bring into the harem.
  • Manage your time well and you can combine different girls to produce various three-way interactive sex scenes and combination endings. Eventually, you’ll be able to complete the full harem ending, with all the women at once!
  • As each of your women move in to your apartment, you’ll be able to have fun with them whenever you want, choose their outfits and tell them how they should address you out of several voice-acted options.
  • Find hidden secrets and collector cards as rewards for achievements.
Screenshots:
screenshot01.jpgscreenshot03.jpg screenshot06.jpg screenshot08.jpg screenshot13.jpg screenshot11.jpg screenshot17.jpg screenshot18.jpg

Last edited:

BBBen

Mar 6, 2016
I've updated the public release to 0.2.2, with some substantial changes.

Changelog for v0.2.2:
  • Added a new animation of Nobuko's boobs bouncing when you stare at them in the subway intro. This is a prototype of a potential feature that could crop up more in development if it's well received!
  • Added another new animation of Shizu's boobs bouncing when she's naked in the titles!
  • And added another new animation, this one of Emi. Find it for yourself!
  • Optimised the game, reducing file size significantly. (Quicker downloads.)
  • Fixed the bug in the Mac version that gave many people only a black screen on starting the game. (Finally Mac players are included too!)
  • Shifted to 32 bit builds, so more people can play. If problems arise then I'll move back to 64 bit, but there will be web versions available too for 32 bit users.
The links in the OP have the new downloads.

BBBen

Mar 6, 2016
Kind of quiet around here, isn't it? :)

Well, anyway, I made a trailer for the game:

Tinman

Aug 30, 2015
Kind of quiet around here, isn't it? :)

Well, anyway, I made a trailer for the game:

I love your games, but they're already repetitive enough when complete that I'm not very interested in playing such an early version. I'll be back to download 1.0 when this one is finished.

BBBen

Mar 6, 2016
I love your games, but they're already repetitive enough when complete that I'm not very interested in playing such an early version. I'll be back to download 1.0 when this one is finished.
Ouch!

Tinman

Aug 30, 2015

Wasn't trying to hurt you, but each game is similar (with a good reason in narrative) and requires building the right stats with each girl to win her affection. Between Future, Crisis, and Legacy I've played (and greatly enjoyed) this same format and story 3 other times. It's fun and unique enough to warrant playing each time. And I do love your characters, with Mika being my favorite for this one. But I don't want to get tired of replaying each iteration of Timelapse until all the content is released. It would not be the first time I burned out on a game by jumping on an early release. Plus you reliably finish your games so I know that waiting will be worth it.

BBBen

Mar 6, 2016
Wasn't trying to hurt you, but each game is similar (with a good reason in narrative) and requires building the right stats with each girl to win her affection. Between Future, Crisis, and Legacy I've played (and greatly enjoyed) this same format and story 3 other times. It's fun and unique enough to warrant playing each time. And I do love your characters, with Mika being my favorite for this one. But I don't want to get tired of replaying each iteration of Timelapse until all the content is released. It would not be the first time I burned out on a game by jumping on an early release. Plus you reliably finish your games so I know that waiting will be worth it.
I do get what you mean. ;) Actually, without going into spoilery details I've been thinking about how the experience of replaying the game could be made more dynamic, shall we say, using software capabilities that I wanted to use for previous games but which weren't available in the ADRIFT engine. So there's some stuff that will keep people guessing over future releases.

But all that's actually not in the game just yet; this is, in fact, still a pretty short story intro before the main 'dating' gameplay starts. With such a new engine I'm in the midst of adapting the style over to function in a very different format. This release, I think, helps to demonstrate how I'm adapting the gameplay style from a text-input to a point and click interface while maintaining the interactivity.

EDIT: Oh, and thanks for your confidence that I'll finish it! I certainly hope to do so, but of course I've got the realities of game development to deal with just like everyone else in the industry. Based on the reaction so far I'm optimistic that this project's going to be sustainable for me, though.

EDIT EDIT: And don't worry, you didn't really hurt my feelings. :) Thanks for the kind words.

Last edited: