Dark souls

ScarletteKnight

Dec 19, 2015
Great Scythe, always. I head straight for it before actually doing anything after the tutorial.

I do use magic, but I have a thing for scythes.

Reactions: Skylinegtr34

Preacher

Nov 22, 2016
The most holiest of grounds

Gigas_Magus

Sep 19, 2018
In an old, forgotten codex.
Just out of curiosity, I wanna know what is your guys favorite weapon in ds1?
Well, it's been quite a while since I last played it. Eventually I succumbed to the ninja-flipping-hornet-lagstab PVP meta in the original, so the only thing that mattered really was numbers. And PVP was a large attraction for me about the games (except for Bloodborne, I hated PVP in that game).

Aside from that, however... I think my favorite weapon in the franchise is the Moonlight Greatsword. It is a signature of, and has made an appearance in several of From Software's games. I think that Bloodborne's iteration of the weapon was the best, as hitting an enemy with a charged slash and beam blade at the same time was oh so satisfying.

In terms of magic, I always liked hexes / dark magic, but Soul Stream is hands down my favorite. I thought that the Sage's Crystal Staff looked the best, too. I was never one for Faith builds though. Not interested in being a holier-than-thou Cleric. :p

Last edited:

Skylinegtr34

May 20, 2018
I like the zwei, but my favorite is the black knight greatsword, but I prefer high melee damage weopons like the demon greataxe, s scaling in strength

Regardless

Jul 20, 2018
Halberd. I beat the game with a +10 fire halberd on my first play through, even beat lost Izalith with that bastard (fight fire with fire right?), and it's had a special place in my heart ever since. Claymore a respectable second.
DS2 has the duel Caestus which were too much fun and Bloodbourne has the super stylish Cane. Still haven't played DS3 so I don't know what I'd go for in that.

Fengathor

Nov 17, 2016
In remastered I was running around with the demon great machete.
In ds3 it was demon's fist. My first run I changed from building towards dual shields, once I found out I could tornado things.

ScarletteKnight

Dec 19, 2015
Playing with a friend is pretty fun, especially when you get invaded and you hide like a cheeky cunt.

I had a Metal Gear Solid moment where my partner was killed by a seriously OP invader in the Cathedral of the Deep, which sucked, but I managed to work my way up to Rosaria's and over to the elevator to the boss, but it hadn't been raised yet so I used Spook to survive the fall and ran to the boss to expel the invader and used a homeward bone and re-summoned my friend.

High-level games are also fun to be invaded in, because then you have 2-3 people with giant fucking swords wailing on some poor red phantom, or using 3 types of ranged attacks to torture him.

Fengathor

Nov 17, 2016
No fall damage is the best. Once I get the kitty cat ring, it goes on and doesn't come off. Is it a wasted ring slot sometimes? You bet. The times it got me through an invade makes up for it though.
Had one guy try to run in the ashes dlc. I had like half health and he had a bit of a headstart, dropped down a couple ledges near the bridge to the church, and he tried to heal. I took a running leap and crushed him. It was the best feeling.

Preacher

Nov 22, 2016
Reactions: fergusson

Preacher

Nov 22, 2016
Last edited:

Bucklash Joe

Mar 12, 2019
I only played the third one only because it had a scythe weapon pretty early and I could create Ruby Rose from the show RWBY. Everytime I would travel to a new bonfire or explore a strange area I would sing This Will Be The Day. It was my survival mantra.

Preacher

Nov 22, 2016
I only played the third one only because it had a scythe weapon pretty early and I could create Ruby Rose from the show RWBY. Everytime I would travel to a new bonfire or explore a strange area I would sing This Will Be The Day. It was my survival mantra.
You can get a scythe early on in the first one too provided you knew the map and were skilled at dodging annoying skeletons. If you don't mind small early game spoilers you can click on this

Bucklash Joe

Mar 12, 2019
You can get a scythe early on in the first one too provided you knew the map and were skilled at dodging annoying skeletons. If you don't mind small early game spoilers you can click on this

Another reason I did Not do the first one was because you move to slow. Ruby is supposed to be fast and the unkindled is fast. And the clothes in three are better and you can make an accurate Ruby. I'm proud with how she turned out.