Dark souls

A Random Guy

Sep 13, 2015
That’s a tough question. I’d say DS1 because it was a lot less linear than DS2 and rewarded you more for exploration. I also think the bosses were much more creative than DS2 which focused more on a person in armor

Reactions: Skylinegtr34

Preacher

Nov 22, 2016
The most holiest of grounds
Well, obviously remastered is better from a blind review standpoint. Better graphics, less glitches and bugs, ensured game compatibility for some years to come, revived community, etc. Although I do admit that the OG DS1 PTDE puts me in a nostalgic feel so I kinda prefer it.

Preacher

Nov 22, 2016
The most holiest of grounds
But the pvp sucks, and sadly I never had the chance to play ptde
I recommend heading over to IGG games and in its search bar insert "dark souls." Or go to steam and get it there if you don't mind spending money. It won't matter either way, pvp for OG DS1 died a long time ago.

Skylinegtr34

May 20, 2018
I played some pvp in the og ds on 360, and it was fun, but in dsr, people are either lagging or hacking

Last edited:

ScarletteKnight

Dec 19, 2015
I love Dark Souls. The remaster didn't change a whole lot, but they put most of the work into PvP, and I've never been a better Darkmoon Blade.

I'm still pissed that they wasn't in 2 and weren't the same in 3. And of all the things DS2 did wrong, I liked some of the things they did to Magic, which were then reversed.

Skylinegtr34

May 20, 2018
I love Dark Souls. The remaster didn't change a whole lot, but they put most of the work into PvP, and I've never been a better Darkmoon Blade.

I'm still pissed that they wasn't in 2 and weren't the same in 3. And of all the things DS2 did wrong, I liked some of the things they did to Magic, which were then reversed.

The pvp in the remaster is good? Cuz when I tried it, the people were jittering around like crazy, and I could have sworn they were either taking little damage, or no damage at all, and trying to invade takes forever in dsr

ScarletteKnight

Dec 19, 2015
The pvp in the remaster is good? Cuz when I tried it, the people were jittering around like crazy, and I could have sworn they were either taking little damage, or no damage at all, and trying to invade takes forever in dsr
Yeah, it takes a while to find someone to invade, but I haven't had lag issues yet. I'm sure my friend would if he tried, but his internet is crap because he lives in the boonies.

Gigas_Magus

Sep 19, 2018
In an old, forgotten codex.
I used to play the Dark Souls series a hell of a lot, but I've moved on to other games. I feel like my greatest achievement was defeating my favorite boss in the series, Manus, at SL13. (The reason it wasn't SL1 was just so I had a wider array of weapons available to use.) In my humble opinion, I believe that:

Dark Souls 1 had the best lore and sense of exploration.
Dark Souls 2 had the best PVP and user-friendly system.
Dark Souls 3 had the best gameplay and graphics.

I had way too much fun playing as a mage and smashing stuff with Soul Stream.

Skylinegtr34

May 20, 2018
The only reason why ds2 is better than ds3, because you can dual wield, have a larger stacks of items, and be able to farm souls really easily

And the only reason why ds1 is better than ds3, because of poise, I hate that from made poise useless, and I’m not a fan of the absorption stats

ScarletteKnight

Dec 19, 2015
Dark Souls was amazing, there's really nothing I can complain about since the Remaster fixed framerate issues and such.

I had no real fun with DS2. It felt really out of place, and it was either way too easy or artificially difficult, though as I said, I liked some of the magic stuff they did.

I really liked DS3 too, since it feels like the same world as DS1 where DS2 felt closer to DeS. And the combat was just really good, and I liked my different builds. I don't like how useless my Darkmoon Blades are, and the magic clearly could've done better, but it's still fun.

Skylinegtr34

May 20, 2018
lol i feel the same way about armor not having poise

i ejoyed ds2, but i agree that its flawed, *cough* hitboxes *cough*

and the 360 degree tracking is bs, them turtles though

ScarletteKnight

Dec 19, 2015
I never tanked at all, but I always thought poise was kinda dumb. I could take most of the person's health in 1 attack and they wouldn't even flinch, or watch them chug Estus while being attacked. Although my brother uses Lorian's Greatsword in DS3, and it's awesome to see his hyper armor skills at work, or even use the tight hitboxes to dodge with the attacks. I guess it's a matter of perceived skill; if he can react to an enemy by bracing for impact it seems less like bullshit than watching him get slapped with a sword bigger than his body and not react.

Fengathor

Nov 17, 2016
I only have any real experience with ds3, and bloodborne. Played some of the remaster, but had trouble adjusting to the combat.
I've looked into the board game a bit. Actually got the tabletop simulator mod for it, to try it out with a friend. Haven't got to yet, but it looks pretty involved. The minis are pretty awesome though.

Skylinegtr34

May 20, 2018
im waching a 6 hour video on youtube on the board game, it looks cool, not my cup of tea though

Gigas_Magus

Sep 19, 2018
has anybody heard about the dark souls board game?
I've seen a little bit of it when I was watching a guy review it. It looks okay, but if I'm playing a board game, it's going to be Monopoly or Clue.

I am aware that the game has co-op. However, would you happen to know if it's possible to PVP in the board game? If someone could plausibly turn into a red phantom at the last minute and betray their allies for their souls? If so, I might be a little more intrigued by it...

<_<
; >_>

Uh, you know... asking for a friend. *Rubs hands together menacingly.*

ScarletteKnight

Dec 19, 2015
I know nothing of the board game, but shame on you Gigas for not playing D&D!

Also, Blooborne was amazing! Just in general, I loved everything, but the scythe moveset for Gehrman's Burial Blade is the best in the series. The Bowblade was pretty fun, too.

Reactions: Gigas_Magus

Fengathor

Nov 17, 2016
I've seen a little bit of it when I was watching a guy review it. It looks okay, but if I'm playing a board game, it's going to be Monopoly or Clue.

I am aware that the game has co-op. However, would you happen to know if it's possible to PVP in the board game? If someone could plausibly turn into a red phantom at the last minute and betray their allies for their souls? If so, I might be a little more intrigued by it...
The rules don't have anything for pvp, but there are npc invaders. So I suppose house ruling something could be possible, but can't say for sure.

Also, Blooborne was amazing! Just in general, I loved everything, but the scythe moveset for Gehrman's Burial Blade is the best in the series. The Bowblade was pretty fun, too.
My first run was a bloodtinge build, once I got the bowblade, I hardly ever slapped anything. Always wanted the beast claws, but never got around to doing all the chalice stuff.

ScarletteKnight

Dec 19, 2015
My first run was a bloodtinge build, once I got the bowblade, I hardly ever slapped anything. Always wanted the beast claws, but never got around to doing all the chalice stuff.
They're pretty cool, but I didn't use them. I run Dex/Bloodtinge with Visceral Attack runes and pure physical blood gems on my Burial Blade and pure bloodtinge gems on the Bowblade. Until I maxed all my stats, anyway. I still run the same weapons, but sometimes it's fun to use something else, I really liked my Bolt Kirkhammer and stuff like that.

A Random Guy

Sep 13, 2015
All in all, Hidetaka Miyazaki and his team are insanely talented. Being able to create such incredible games back to back is something very few developers can say and with the release of Sekiro approaching, I am giddy with excitement

ScarletteKnight

Dec 19, 2015
I'm interested, but not exactly hyped. It looks cool, and I'll play it, but I haven't seen enough to be super excited.

Gigas_Magus

Sep 19, 2018

Hm. I don't have anything against D&D and have always actually had a small interest in it. However, when I was younger I was never given the chance to play it. As I grew older none of my friends played it. At my age now, I'm not sure that I have the time to invest in it, but I'm also not sure how the game works these days. It was just one of those things that I was never really able to get around to doing. *Shrugs* Under different circumstances I could probably see myself as a dungeon master.

In regards to Bloodborne, I loved the atmosphere of that game and used the Burial Blade as well. My second would be the Moonlight Greatsword. Although, there were two things I did not like about the game: The PVP, and how "magic" used Quicksilver Bullets.

Ok then who is hyped for sekiro?

I am cautiously optimistic for Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice. There are very few games these days that can get me hyped. I think the last game to get me "hyped" was... the Secret of Mana remake on the PS4, and that turned out to be a dud. Before that... I don't even remember. I believe that Activision is publishing From Software's Sekiro, which contributes to my caution. I love From Software's games, but I'm not afraid to pass one up if bad decisions are made.

Fengathor

Nov 17, 2016
Yeah finding time to play an rpg like that can be pretty difficult. They're pretty fun though.
On the subject of rpgs, there's Fragged Aeternum which is kinda inspired by soulsborne games.

Not all that excited about Sekiro.
I only really play soulsborne games coop. That's how I've gone through ds3 and Bloodborne. Nioh too, but the multiplayer set up was stupid at launch.