Design questions on Minotaurs, consistency, etc.

Kutkh

Sep 12, 2018
North of the Equator
I played the CoC2 demo, and gotta say I love what I'm seeing! It gave me the itch to try and create content myself, and after some ruminating on scenarios, I am looking for some info/opinions.

I specifically have questions about Minotaurs, because I'd like to write an encounter with one, but want to be lore-consistent when I do. I'm aware a Minotaur NPC is in the works, so I figure there will be some guidelines spawned from him. The kind of questions I have being:

• How tall are adult Minotaurs?
  • Do they have clans? Are they integrated into society in Savarra? Do they have their own society? Royalty or nobility?
  • What do their genitals look like?
  • Are they considered beast-folk or monsters (at large) by the remaining societies of Savarra?
I figure that CoC2 is young, and this kind of info will be written down somewhere eventually. Or maybe it's already written down somewhere and I just haven't been able to find it?

Some other questions I'd appreciate info or opinions if anyone is willing to proffer some:
  • The design document states that "half-breeds" do occur in Savarra. Ignoring the PC's peculiar condition, how far does the possibility of inter-species pregnancy extend? Going back to the Minotaur example, does an amorous half-bull need to worry about spreading bastard children around the land with other races?
  • The parser would lead me to believe that a 12-in dong is considered "average" in the world of Savarra. Is this viewpoint a hard requirement, or are writers free to move the window of "average size" back along the inches scale?
I welcome info, opinions, or peanuts from the gallery if you have them! Happy fapping!

Savin

Master Analmander
Staff member
Aug 26, 2015
I specifically have questions about Minotaurs, because I'd like to write an encounter with one, but want to be lore-consistent when I do. I'm aware a Minotaur NPC is in the works, so I figure there will be some guidelines spawned from him. The kind of questions I have being:
  • How tall are adult Minotaurs?
  • Do they have clans? Are they integrated into society in Savarra? Do they have their own society? Royalty or nobility?
  • What do their genitals look like?
  • Are they considered beast-folk or monsters (at large) by the remaining societies of Savarra?

Minotaurs are ~8 ft. tall. Cowgirls are probably closer to 6 ft.

The minotaurs native to the region are one of, if not the, most civilized racial group. They're the local equivalent of the Romans, but from an underground city (called Khor'minos), complete with a colosseum and aqueducts and all that. The only part of their society that have actually been written down are some gate guards though. Minotaurs from elsewhere in the world could potentially be whatever. I want to avoid racial monocultures whenever possible.

Minotaurs have horsecocks, same as CoC 1.

At least in the Frost Marches, minotaurs are considered normal people.

The design document states that "half-breeds" do occur in Savarra. Ignoring the PC's peculiar condition, how far does the possibility of inter-species pregnancy extend? Going back to the Minotaur example, does an amorous half-bull need to worry about spreading bastard children around the land with other races?

Yeah, a bullman would definitely need to be wary of that.

The parser would lead me to believe that a 12-in dong is considered "average" in the world of Savarra. Is this viewpoint a hard requirement, or are writers free to move the window of "average size" back along the inches scale?

You can but you'll need to specify your own cock ranges every single time. The parser size ranges exist to help keep things consistent.

Reactions: Kutkh

Kutkh

Sep 12, 2018
North of the Equator
I appreciate the detailed response @Savin ! The link to that writing is especially helpful.
I think consistency is key, so I'll think more on the whole endowment thing. Fantasy world, fantasy sizes!

Kutkh

Sep 12, 2018
North of the Equator
Paging @Wsan : you have much of Brint's document on Patreon currently, so I understand if you don't want to divulge too much, but I had some questions for you! Since you have worked on a Minotaur character and his history with Minotaur culture/society in Khor'minos, I figure you would be the right person to ask! (Of course I am thankful for anyone who has input as well!)
  1. In the public document, you refer to Khor'minos as a "village." In this thread, it was referred to as an underground city, resplendent with aqueducts and culture mirroring the Ancient Roman's. Is the public document lagging behind in this description, or is Khor'minos still very much a tribal, village-like place?
  2. Have you explored or set down any basis for whether Minotaur society has the concept of marriage or even significant others? It appears that they raise children as a tribe/group, but do Minotaurs pair up and live together, or is it pretty much solitary life except for "mating season" when pairs form up?
  3. Is there any form of hierarchy/nobility/aristocracy in Khor'minos that you're aware of? Furthermore, if there is, are bloodlines important to the hierarchy?
  4. Surfacers can't come and go through the Black Gate freely, but can Minotaurs?
  5. Just how jealous is Brint? Like, if he and the PC were getting it on pretty regularly, would another Minotaur making moves on the PC raise his hackles? Or is he more likely to demand to join in?
I just discovered your public document for Brint and it's fuckin' great! I'm pretty jealous of just what the public document has for sexy scenes; makes me want to improve my writing to be up to snuff. I wish I had discovered it sooner though since some of its lore is at odds with what I was planning, and my character is... surprisingly similar to Brint given I only discovered him 3/4 of the way through my submission.

Wsan

Scientist
Creator
Jan 8, 2016
Paging @Wsan : you have much of Brint's document on Patreon currently, so I understand if you don't want to divulge too much, but I had some questions for you! Since you have worked on a Minotaur character and his history with Minotaur culture/society in Khor'minos, I figure you would be the right person to ask! (Of course I am thankful for anyone who has input as well!)
  1. In the public document, you refer to Khor'minos as a "village." In this thread, it was referred to as an underground city, resplendent with aqueducts and culture mirroring the Ancient Roman's. Is the public document lagging behind in this description, or is Khor'minos still very much a tribal, village-like place?
  2. Have you explored or set down any basis for whether Minotaur society has the concept of marriage or even significant others? It appears that they raise children as a tribe/group, but do Minotaurs pair up and live together, or is it pretty much solitary life except for "mating season" when pairs form up?
  3. Is there any form of hierarchy/nobility/aristocracy in Khor'minos that you're aware of? Furthermore, if there is, are bloodlines important to the hierarchy?
  4. Surfacers can't come and go through the Black Gate freely, but can Minotaurs?
  5. Just how jealous is Brint? Like, if he and the PC were getting it on pretty regularly, would another Minotaur making moves on the PC raise his hackles? Or is he more likely to demand to join in?
I just discovered your public document for Brint and it's fuckin' great! I'm pretty jealous of just what the public document has for sexy scenes; makes me want to improve my writing to be up to snuff. I wish I had discovered it sooner though since some of its lore is at odds with what I was planning, and my character is... surprisingly similar to Brint given I only discovered him 3/4 of the way through my submission.

1. The document's just old. Khor'minos is basically underground Rome.
2. As far as I know the society is fairly liberal with sex. Monogamy is probably present if you want to make a character that involves it, but it's not going to be the norm. There needs to be a reason (ie. marriage).
3. There's a king. You can assume that he's surrounded by the usual retinue ie. advisors and confidants, though I don't know if there's a council or something of the sort yet.
4. As far as I know it's nobody in nobody out at the time of the game, but I'd have to poke at Savin to be sure.
5. Not at all, owing to the relative polyamory of Khor'minos. Otherwise he and Arona would be fighting/"fighting" each other all day long.

*all of this is subject to change when we actually write Khor'minos. Probably not that radically though. I'll poke savin for a bit of his input.

The Observer

Scientist
FoE Mod
Aug 27, 2015
-I can answer 4. The Black Gate and the entirety of Khor'Minos has recently come under lockdown, and no one in-game knows the reason why. Out of character, it's likely a response to word of Kasyrra's invasion reaching the city and the king declaring that no one gets in or out until the situation is resolved one way or the other. This makes complete sense as their last major external alliance with the lupine tribes fell into catastrophe and utterly humiliating defeat during the Godswar (see GarthQuest 1) and them attempting isolationism this time is a completely rational response, especially since they're capable of being self-sufficient. That it causes considerable consternation to other people is deemed an acceptable loss.

The likely reason that the PC is practically invited in after the Winter City is that the king wants someone who has a track record of successfully dealing with demons. A citizen MIGHT be allowed re-entry, but they would likely be quarantined for a while until it becomes clear they haven't been tainted.

-The minotaur king is a thing, yeah. Given how Savin has put out that the womenfolk are the secret true minds behind Khor'Minos, he's likely to have a wife or someone similar who uses him as her puppet/mouthpiece.

Reactions: Kutkh

Dark67titan

Mar 26, 2016
i honestly find it funny that Minotaurs are one of the most civilised socialites in CoC2 yet in almost everything else they are one of the most savage beings alive
also is the black gate a reference to LOTR

The Observer

Scientist
FoE Mod
Aug 27, 2015
The gate's official name is "The Gates of Thollun". They're just black (cause of the stone), so people just call it the Black Gate.