Lust effects in combat

Eyero

Sep 27, 2015
So, I'll keep this short, but I'm curious- is there any point to raising an enemy's lust in combat yet? I don't doubt that there'll probably be an update to combat mechanics down the line, but so far, all it seems to do is very rarely make the enemy ignore a chance to attack on their turn.

Par un example, is it ever going to be possible to arouse foes into submission in the vein of CoC and TiTs? Or is lust perhaps going to function as a pre-requisite for certain attacks/stat effects, such as only being able to apply a pseudo-confusion effect to an enemy to make him turn on his friends if he's head-over-heels for you?

Just brain-farting here, really. If I missed something painfully obvious on this topic on the wiki or something, please enlighten me.

The Observer

Scientist
FoE Mod
Aug 27, 2015
It will not be possible to arouse enemies into submission.

Lust is both a good and a bad thing, depending on who has it. The seduction tree abilities will often require it as a primary or secondary resource.

Certain abilities, such as Orchid's tentacle attack, are only able to be used on sufficiently aroused targets.

Some statuses such as weakness generally increase in effectiveness with increasing target lust. However, the only source of weakness in the game right now is Cveta, who is restricted to one particular dungeon.

Klaital

Oct 22, 2015
Yeah for most parts, lust effects are rather situational currently, although the Distract and Rut abilities the courtesan has are quite handy, the former lowering the initiative of the target in addition to increasing lust, while the latter does quite nice amount of damage in addition to lust.

Threads

Nov 3, 2015
There was discussion of changing how lust combat works in the game, thought it was a while ago and Alder either put it on the back-burner or dropped it entirely.

I'm hoping for the former personally.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ormael

Aug 27, 2015
I think this list got stuff to be done in near months to come. Maybe 1-2 things here may take really long to be completed (but not feel lust combat is one of them).