Are demonic wings always blue?

Raindrops

Jun 19, 2016
I keep trying to get a purple pair of them, to match my skintone, but they always seem to pop out blue... Does anyone know if they can be purple at all?

SoAndSo

Scientist
Creator
Mar 26, 2017
I think wings are tied to your fur/scale colour. Open up in save editor and have a look.

Raindrops

Jun 19, 2016
I think wings are tied to your fur/scale colour. Open up in save editor and have a look.

I couldn't be arsed to look up how to work the save editor, so I spent like an hour digging through the source code instead. Apparantly there are two different ways to colour wings: one method colours by what overarching flag the wing has, and the other method colours for a specific wing type.

Wings with the flags "furred" and "feathered" (wtf, there are furry wings?) both get coloured based off of fur colour.

Wings with the flags "scaled" (of which demonic wings are one) and "chitinous" both get coloured based on scale colour.

Small bee, bee and myr wings are coloured the same way, but other than that, every other wing type gets coloured based on that specific wing type (includes dragonfly, sylvan and dark sylvan)

so yeah, sounds like I need to figure out a way to change my scale colours

Xeivous

Sep 21, 2015
The only other way I know is save scumming Rainbotox, which is incredibly painful; trust me, I know from experience.
At this point of the game, i would just keep using rainbowtox to get the scale color i wanted then clean up with the other color items.

Raindrops

Jun 19, 2016
I found a decent way to do it; get the skincolour you want (the Pickmentation that Dr. Lessau sells is fantastic for this), then eat Ruskvel and savescum until you get scales. This will set your scale colour to be the same as your skincolour. Then, just remove your scales (terran treat is good for this) and if needed, use anotehr Pickmentation to get back your proper skin colour. Bam, scales changed no fuss!

Violent_Peace

Sep 16, 2015
Why isn't their an item to change the color of your skin, body, or scales at will To your own choosing of color.

Raindrops

Jun 19, 2016
Why isn't their an item to change the color of your skin, body, or scales at will To your own choosing of color.

Pickmentation can change skin colour at will

I think you can colour fur at will on Tavros

There is no scale colour changer implemented yet

Reactions: ShySquare

Darkwarpalg6

Aug 28, 2015
It's not cheating if it's on your sixth character in a row (I have a high tendency of getting vanae marks, and I have no patience for proccing the right colors).

Reactions: ShySquare

Ch0w

Apr 12, 2017
I found a decent way to do it; get the skincolour you want (the Pickmentation that Dr. Lessau sells is fantastic for this), then eat Ruskvel and savescum until you get scales. This will set your scale colour to be the same as your skincolour. Then, just remove your scales (terran treat is good for this) and if needed, use anotehr Pickmentation to get back your proper skin colour. Bam, scales changed no fuss!
right... i'll just save edit with 2 clicks
its not like changing colors is cheating anyway

Last edited:

Violent_Peace

Sep 16, 2015
We need pickmentation buffed to change scale color. Or we need Scalementation.

Raindrops

Jun 19, 2016
It's not cheating if it's on your sixth character in a row (I have a high tendency of getting vanae marks, and I have no patience for proccing the right colors).

Pickmentation, bought from Dr. Lessau, actually lets you pick the colour for markings, which I believe include vanae markings