Are demonic wings always blue?

Discussion in 'Trials in Tainted Space' started by Raindrops, Jun 14, 2018 at 10:18 PM.

1. Raindrops

Raindrops Well-Known Member

I keep trying to get a purple pair of them, to match my skintone, but they always seem to pop out blue... Does anyone know if they can be purple at all?

2. SoAndSo

SoAndSo Well-Known Member
    Creator

I think wings are tied to your fur/scale colour. Open up in save editor and have a look.

3. Raindrops

I couldn't be arsed to look up how to work the save editor, so I spent like an hour digging through the source code instead. Apparantly there are two different ways to colour wings: one method colours by what overarching flag the wing has, and the other method colours for a specific wing type.

Wings with the flags "furred" and "feathered" (wtf, there are furry wings?) both get coloured based off of fur colour.

Wings with the flags "scaled" (of which demonic wings are one) and "chitinous" both get coloured based on scale colour.

Small bee, bee and myr wings are coloured the same way, but other than that, every other wing type gets coloured based on that specific wing type (includes dragonfly, sylvan and dark sylvan)

so yeah, sounds like I need to figure out a way to change my scale colours

4. ham

ham Well-Known Member

Brilliant.

ShySquare, Ch0w, Raindrops and 2 others like this.
  5. ScarletteKnight

ScarletteKnight Well-Known Member

Dude, the editor is incredibly simple, just load it up and find scale color and set to purple.

ShySquare likes this.
  6. Raindrops

Yeh, but that'd feel like cheating, so I don't really want to

null_blank likes this.
  7. ScarletteKnight

ScarletteKnight Well-Known Member

The only other way I know is save scumming Rainbotox, which is incredibly painful; trust me, I know from experience.

ShySquare and Raindrops like this.
  8. Xeivous

Xeivous Well-Known Member

At this point of the game, i would just keep using rainbowtox to get the scale color i wanted then clean up with the other color items.

9. Raindrops

I found a decent way to do it; get the skincolour you want (the Pickmentation that Dr. Lessau sells is fantastic for this), then eat Ruskvel and savescum until you get scales. This will set your scale colour to be the same as your skincolour. Then, just remove your scales (terran treat is good for this) and if needed, use anotehr Pickmentation to get back your proper skin colour. Bam, scales changed no fuss!

10. Violent_Peace

Violent_Peace Well-Known Member

Why isn't their an item to change the color of your skin, body, or scales at will To your own choosing of color.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  11. Raindrops

Pickmentation can change skin colour at will

I think you can colour fur at will on Tavros

There is no scale colour changer implemented yet

ShySquare likes this.
  12. Darkwarpalg6

Darkwarpalg6 Well-Known Member

It's not cheating if it's on your sixth character in a row (I have a high tendency of getting vanae marks, and I have no patience for proccing the right colors).

ShySquare likes this.
  13. Ch0w

Ch0w Well-Known Member

right... i'll just save edit with 2 clicks
    its not like changing colors is cheating anyway

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    #13 Ch0w, Jun 16, 2018 at 5:20 PM
    Last edited: Jun 17, 2018 at 8:43 AM
  14. budha

budha Well-Known Member

https://wiki.smutosaur.us/TiTS/Rainbowtox

but it is totally random.

looks like a project for someone to write up a new transformation. something for scales along the style of Pickmentation, Lip Tease or a visit to Shear Beauty and Ceria like with hair and fur.

15. Violent_Peace

Violent_Peace Well-Known Member

We need pickmentation buffed to change scale color. Or we need Scalementation.

16. Raindrops

Pickmentation, bought from Dr. Lessau, actually lets you pick the colour for markings, which I believe include vanae markings