Girl on the verge of suicide: please help

XBoxMaster131

Oct 18, 2016
There's this girl on Tumblr, Popsiclebunny, whose had a really hard life. She's an incredible artist, but her financial situation is grim and her father is an abusive moron. Now, she's seriously contemplating killing herself. Please guys, help me save her. I know this is kinda stupid for me to be asking for help here, but I can't do anything else, and I can't just sit by and let this girl die! Please. Help her.

http://popsiclebunny.tumblr.com

Evil

Jul 18, 2017
You did more than others could have or would have done. There's nothing to apologise for there.

Dragonice

Oct 7, 2017
I lived with an abusive asshole for four years. I started thinking murder was a solution for my problem. The bottled up feelings of rage and sadness is hard to bare, it starts to shut out rashinal thinking. Drawings that I made only did so much for me at the time. Once I got away from it all I felt no rage. Tell her to be patient, It's only temporary, she'll get through it. Be patient and plan success. When she's on her own she'll realize the world's a big place she's not stuck where she is forever. Dieing is no place for one who is young.

Nephilim_Anunnaki

Sep 7, 2015
The fake is that account, I read people accused her to do that time to time to call attention and get things, even creating other accounts...

Gplikespie

Aug 28, 2015
Fake or not, you should NEVER disregard a call for help. If they are faking, that is on them, and not you. As someone who struggles with depression on a daily basis, I can say that reaching out was the hardest part of trying to get better. I always assume that people will just think I am a crybaby, or an attention whore. Even if nine out of ten pleas for help are fake, it is still worth investigating to save the tenth person.

Ethereal Dragon

Aug 28, 2015
Fake or not, you should NEVER disregard a call for help. If they are faking, that is on them, and not you. As someone who struggles with depression on a daily basis, I can say that reaching out was the hardest part of trying to get better. I always assume that people will just think I am a crybaby, or an attention whore. Even if nine out of ten pleas for help are fake, it is still worth investigating to save the tenth person.

This, there are too many people in the world who just don't give a damn and just brush others off. One of the main reasons why I hold to the notion that 75% of the human population in the world are just people who are plain stupid/idiotic and are just a waste of meatbags who've polluted the genepool. It's no wonder there are people who think our species will go extinct or off ourselves due to either war or a human made environmental disaster.

Gist of it is is that not enough people care in the world about others. More people should care and stop being stuck up, self-centered fucking assholes who don't give a rats ass about other people or how they feel. Look at how many cowards there are using the internet to bully and egg people on to off themselves.

Nephilim_Anunnaki

Sep 7, 2015

The problem of that is while people is focused on that 9 out of 10 because they are popular or noisy, the tenth who really is in a bad situation get ignored...

I've been on the internet for decades. And I'll probably fall into the asshole category for saying so:

Truly suicidal people leave a note and kill themselves in silence, only to be found by family, a loved one or police weeks later. Those that cry out are looking for attention and never carry through.

Indeed, if they are depressed, lonely or in an abusive relationship? A kind word and advice to seek help or abandon their abusive situation does far more good than harm and may be the catalyst for change.

However a plea for help predicated in suicide or murder can in fact be generally ignored.

Dragonice

Oct 7, 2017
I've been on the internet for decades. And I'll probably fall into the asshole category for saying so:

Truly suicidal people leave a note and kill themselves in silence, only to be found by family, a loved one or police weeks later. Those that cry out are looking for attention and never carry through.

Indeed, if they are depressed, lonely or in an abusive relationship? A kind word and advice to seek help or abandon their abusive situation does far more good than harm and may be the catalyst for change.

However a plea for help predicated in suicide or murder can in fact be generally ignored.
You do have a point in what you say. Being in such situations of anger and depression I never plead for help. I simply held a knife and thought myself or him. I did however explain my sad situation (except me going crazy.) to others who's words helped me get by. In the end me being in this situation myself people who reach that point don't say they're going to do it because people will stop them.

Reactions: Nephilim_Anunnaki

ShySquare

Sep 3, 2015

You know, suicidal ideation can take many forms. Sometimes it takes a lot of courage to ask for help, and very little in return (a few words, someone who says they care what happens to you, even a stranger on the internet) to stop someone from killing themselves.
And I don't know about you, but I have enough energy to send a few words over the internet to anyone who seeks help because they are afraid they'll do something stupid. That's usually all it takes, anyway. Kind words and reminding the person who needs help about the little things they enjoy, or that they want to live for, even if just for one more day.

And what's wrong with needing attention? Seriously, why the stigma about needing someone to talk to? Humans are social creatures. If they don't interact with others, their psyche's get damaged... so much so that it can lead them to kill themselves. People reaching out (even if they are misguided) is good.

I deeply disagree with this. I don't know about murder, but so many people could have been stopped from killing themselves if only they'd just reached out... or been listened to.
(And no, emotional blackmail like "If you leave me I'm killing myself" doesn't count as genuinely suicidal people reaching out, because it's, you know, emotional freaking blackmail.)

@Charm I guess our personal philosophies are just too different, but I needed to say this.

Nephilim_Anunnaki

Sep 7, 2015
*sigh* really did not want to reach this point, but I "need" attention and feel ignored, so maybe should thread to kill myself?
The problem is if people start to act as attention whores to get some, this would end being a world full of toxicity...

ShySquare

Sep 3, 2015
*sigh* really did not want to reach this point, but I "need" attention and feel ignored, so maybe should thread to kill myself?
The problem is if people start to act as attention whores to get some, this would end being a world full of toxicity...
Dude. You are on a forum, saying controversial stuff about people who talk about their suicidal tendancies on the internet. Clearly you already know how to attract attention without resorting to that.
And I don't mean it negatively: I think forums can be great for people who have trouble finding humans to interact with IRL.

And what I'm saying isn't that threatening/lying about killing yourself is good (it's bad. Very). What I'm saying is that that 1 liar out of 10 is not worth ignoring people who say they might kill themselves because of the other honest 9.
Because how would you feel if the person you ignored really ended up killing themself? I really don't feel it's worth it.

Last edited:

Evil

Jul 18, 2017
Still, at the end of the day, if you have given someone some kind words, what's the harm?

I mean, if someone says they feel like things are so bad that they see no other way out, does it really hurt you or anyone else to take just five minutes to say something kind, to let them know they aren't alone and that things can and will get better?

Likewise, if someone only does it for attention, fine, you can say a few kind words and done something good for another person regardless. If they've done that under false pretences, then that's solely on them.

At the end of the day, you've taken a few minutes out of your own day to show some empathy for another person, which is more than a lot of people do these days.

Last edited:

Kei

Aug 29, 2015
As one who has been there and done that...

Things one does when they truly need help: Confide in a friend, a family member or in the case neither is present then a doctor, a mentor, a counselor or even a suicide prevention hotline...

Things one does not do: Post it on the internet so your weakness is made public opening yourself to kinds of possible abuse for doing so. People who a reeling, desperate and afraid would *never* public invite that kind of thing so I will always assume an internet "cry for help" to be pure puerile attention seeking of the lowest variety.

I'm not a good enough person who would move heavens and earth on the slimmest of possibility nor will I indulge the toxic people that get a kick from that shit. I'll leave that to you better people out there.

ShySquare

Sep 3, 2015
@Kei Your experiences are not universal.

Some people don't have anyone to confide in, or at least not anyone who they feel can or even wants to offer support (I should know). Depression (which is linked to suicidal tendencies) saps your energy so you don't have the motivation or energy to go to your doctor. And suicide prevention hotlines are great, as long as you know one, don't have social anxiety, and can speak.

And sometimes, you can feel so bad you're on the verge of doing something bad anyway, so what's one more hurt?

You don't know people's stories.

Nephilim_Anunnaki

Sep 7, 2015
Yeah, that's one of the reasons I would never post something like that, there are people who would troll me, making the situation worse.

Anyway, another point is, when this happens maybe is too late, it's not a matter to be kind to a person on a verge of suicide, is a matter to be kind with people since the very beginning.