Myrellion Content Discussion (GENERAL)

TheInfamousImmortal

Aug 27, 2015
Eh, but they aren't harming their hosts. Though all we have to go by are a one-off and an encounter, but they seem to genuinely care about their hosts.

I really wish we could gain one, but I asked Fen that and he said the only way that it would happen is if all or most of the content creators got together and wrote scenes that acknowledge it.

Fully Automated

Oct 11, 2015
Eh, but they aren't harming their hosts.

Except for the whole "go nuts and try to rape everyone" thing, the reason infected myr get cast out. None of the infected myr you run into seems to be doing all that great, even if the spores aren't actively malicious. And while the queen seems to have consenting hosts, the rest of the species is known for jumping unwary travelers.

Fuzzybear

Sep 15, 2015
Since this topic is about Myrellion in general, I remember reading that there was a scene involving the PC and Shade with her triggering the probe. is this still a thing, and if so how do I trigger it ?

Klaptrap

Aug 27, 2015
Since this topic is about Myrellion in general, I remember reading that there was a scene involving the PC and Shade with her triggering the probe. is this still a thing, and if so how do I trigger it ?

It's in there. I think you just need to be on friendly terms/have had sex with her to get the scene after collecting the probe.

Karretch

Aug 26, 2015

You have to subjugate Taivra (kill may also, but idk) to get the probe taken to your ship. When you arrive, Shade will appear.

Noob Salad

Captain Shitpost
Aug 26, 2015
Is there any content planned to be tied exclusively to the Subjugation option? And by planned I mean is it in the "it'd be nice to do it when we have time" phase?

Number13

Aug 26, 2015
Is there any content planned to be tied exclusively to the Subjugation option? And by planned I mean is it in the "it'd be nice to do it when we have time" phase?

Unlikely. That area of Myrellion is virtually done, there's not much to add. The main focus would be on the war now.

Nik_van_Rijn

Sep 10, 2015
Moscow, RF
Except for the whole "go nuts and try to rape everyone" thing, the reason infected myr get cast out. None of the infected myr you run into seems to be doing all that great, even if the spores aren't actively malicious. And while the queen seems to have consenting hosts, the rest of the species is known for jumping unwary travelers.

They do not make their host rape people, just cause their libido to spike for a relatively short period of time, that's all, which, to be honest, half of everything does in TiTS-verse. All of the infected myr you find are the ones that are going through the most painful stage of establishing the symbiosis. On top of that, they also got the most troublesome kind of fungus - the ones of 'opposite gender'.

P.S.

Since I can't figure out a way to add this to a signature: happy holidays to you, fellow pervs.

Nik_van_Rijn

Sep 10, 2015
Moscow, RF
Off-topic, but sigs are reserved for content creators

Thanks, I've been blaming Tor all this time.

While I'd like to see expansions for both routes and pursue both with different characters, IMO Pacifist/marriage route needs it more. Currently by pursuing it Steele lose on exp, loot, money and lock themselves out from a major step in Shade's path.

Last edited by a moderator:

Savin

Master Analmander
Staff member
Aug 26, 2015

Not planned. Cooperation route needs fleshed out before I even think about that shit.

EmperorG

Sep 6, 2015
It's in there. I think you just need to be on friendly terms/have had sex with her to get the scene after collecting the probe.

Which reminds me, what happens if you never met Shade by that point? I mean as long as you don't go to the tavern you'll never run into Kara and by extension Shade, which is a possibility since it isn't a requirement to go there. Does she still show up? If so it would be really weird since she'd be a stranger just walking up to you for no reason.

Jacques00

Administrator
Aug 26, 2015
Which reminds me, what happens if you never met Shade by that point? I mean as long as you don't go to the tavern you'll never run into Kara and by extension Shade, which is a possibility since it isn't a requirement to go there. Does she still show up? If so it would be really weird since she'd be a stranger just walking up to you for no reason.

If Shade has not been met or she is currently a hostile (not present as a friendly at the bar), then she will not show up and the scene will progress as if she was never known.

EmperorG

Sep 6, 2015
If Shade has not been met or she is currently a hostile (not present as a friendly at the bar), then she will not show up and the scene will progress as if she was never known.

Ah I see, that makes sense. Though to continue that line of thought, what happens when you then meet Shade after selling the probe? Will she then never leave the planet for Uveto? Or will a scene proc where she explains she's heading off, but without the probe so no possibility of figuring out she's your sister?

Jacques00

Administrator
Aug 26, 2015
Ah I see, that makes sense. Though to continue that line of thought, what happens when you then meet Shade after selling the probe? Will she then never leave the planet for Uveto? Or will a scene proc where she explains she's heading off, but without the probe so no possibility of figuring out she's your sister?

I can't predict the future, but as it functions now, the only way to meet Shade is to go to the bar to activate Kara's initial quest. The encounter will play the same regardless of the whereabouts of the probe. Your character cannot meet Shade any other way and I assume if your character will either meet and greet Shade on Uveto if she has been met; or meet her as a new encounter, if at all, if she is a stranger/unknown.

If the probe was found and sold before entering the bar, the sister reveal can be avoided entirely (as it is now--though I haven't tried this myself to confirm).

EmperorG

Sep 6, 2015
I can't predict the future, but as it functions now, the only way to meet Shade is to go to the bar to activate Kara's initial quest. The encounter will play the same regardless of the whereabouts of the probe. Your character cannot meet Shade any other way and I assume if your character will either meet and greet Shade on Uveto if she has been met; or meet her as a new encounter, if at all, if she is a stranger/unknown.

If the probe was found and sold before entering the bar, the sister reveal can be avoided entirely (as it is now--though I haven't tried this myself to confirm).

Thanks for all the info, will probably have to wait until Uveto is out to know for sure how its going to work, my main concern was accidentally breaking the game by skipping scenes.

Nebula Fox

Aug 26, 2015

Actually if I remember correctly one of the random npc scenes when drinking from Asennia is Shade, which is odd, considering I hadn't actually gone to the bar yet on the character I saw it with. Might toss this up in a bug report if and when I get home if this is how I remember it being.

Jacques00

Administrator
Aug 26, 2015
Actually if I remember correctly one of the random npc scenes when drinking from Asennia is Shade, which is odd, considering I hadn't actually gone to the bar yet on the character I saw it with. Might toss this up in a bug report if and when I get home if this is how I remember it being.

Nope, Shade should only appear in that scene if she's "available at the bar"--meaning Steele has had to have met Kara before, otherwise it wouldn't trigger.

argenten

Sep 9, 2015
I apologize if this was asked before and I missed it, but I was wondering if there were any plans for Steel to be able to get Kara-quest 2 without having to mess things up (potentially for good) with Shade?

Noob Salad

Captain Shitpost
Aug 26, 2015
Knowing Savin he'll probably just make both his girls sleep with another Steele. Like Jill.

Huh, I'm surprisingly okay with this.

MESeele

Aug 26, 2015
I apologize if this was asked before and I missed it, but I was wondering if there were any plans for Steel to be able to get Kara-quest 2 without having to mess things up (potentially for good) with Shade?

Pretty sure Kara/Shade is a split; you can only follow one route per save. Choose to help Shade at the bar, Kara disappears forever. Help Kara and your relationship with Shade is lukewarm at best; certainly not friendly enough to ask you for help in the future.

argenten

Sep 9, 2015
Pretty sure Kara/Shade is a split; you can only follow one route per save. Choose to help Shade at the bar, Kara disappears forever. Help Kara and your relationship with Shade is lukewarm at best; certainly not friendly enough to ask you for help in the future.

Fair enough and out of the 2, so far I tend to side with Shade, we can have more of a connection with her and she has no problem massively understating her situation while getting Steel to cover for her. Not saying she's wrong for not wanting to keep things under wraps, but hiding the fact that a space pirate group big enough to count as it's own polity is pretty serious. Still, made sure to keep a save before that big decision so I can have my cake and eat it too in that regard.

Savin

Master Analmander
Staff member
Aug 26, 2015

Nope. The two of them will pretty much always be (at least partially) mutually exclusive.

argenten

Sep 9, 2015
Nope. The two of them will pretty much always be (at least partially) mutually exclusive.

I can respect that, adds weight to the choice. Will there be a lot of  content based on which of the 2 you pick or just the related quests.

Enigmatic D

Aug 27, 2015
So in the end, I'm gonna end up being an ass to someone..... Now I just need to figure out who I'll be an ass to..

Number13

Aug 26, 2015

It  depends if Shade is on the planet. If you've done the probe quest and Shade has left for Uveto, whether knowing or not knowing she's your half-sister, she won't be in Kara Quest 2 as she's on another planet, and it would take too long for her to get back.

argenten

Sep 9, 2015

It  depends if Shade is on the planet. If you've done the probe quest and Shade has left for Uveto, whether knowing or not knowing she's your half-sister, she won't be in Kara Quest 2 as she's on another planet, and it would take too long for her to get back.

You know what, that makes a huge difference if that's what the devs have planned. I'm just surprised Savin didn't mention it.

Darkwarpalg6

Aug 28, 2015
You know what, that makes a huge difference if that's what the devs have planned. I'm just surprised Savin didn't mention it.

He did, ages ago. Although you may wind up getting in bad with Shade anyway if you go down the Kara route. I believe you'd be picking a fight with Amara's crew in Kara's upcoming mission, whom Shade is close to.

Reactions: Wolfram