Tower of the bound fox

Tartos

Sep 4, 2017
title_screen.png

Hello everybody ! I've been working on a game lately, and I'm happy to share it now that I have a demo.

It's still in its very beginnings, but I think there are enough content to share what's done.

Tower of the bound fox is a rogue-like game with multiple inspirations like Corruption of Champion or Trap quest. It's also inspired by Azure Dream, an old PS1 game I love.

For the most important/long scenes I have commissioned writers since my english is not so good, but for the small scenes (mainly the traps), I've written them myself, so do not hesitate to tell me if some sentences are weird or incorrect.

What's in the game :
  • 5 different enemies, each with their own player's defeat scene and game over
  • Several traps
  • For now the game has no end. You can go as far as you want. After some floors a new enemy appears, and items become more powerful, but that's all for the moment.
  • The scenes take into account bondage elements, and the character's appearance
  • The sprite changes depending on what the character is wearing and its appearance
Fetishes : M/M (if you play as male), M/F (if you play as female), Monsters, TF, TG (male->female), Bondage, Pregnancy (only in game over)

What's planned :
  • A shit ton of things
  • New piece of maps
  • Possibility to block fetishes
  • 1st boss
  • New enemies
  • Floors 11-20
  • Save mechanism
  • Better bow mechanism
  • Elite monsters
  • Cursed items
  • A village at the Tower's foot. The player will be able to use an item to return to it without losing its possessions. There will be interaction with the villagers, shops, and the possibility to use gold for improving the village.
Various :
  • You have 3 lives, if you lose them all, it's game over. The game over is contextual depending on who defeated you.
  • Key 1 for shooting arrows. Key 2 for shooting fireballs (more powerful but use mana).
  • Objects written in purple are special. You need to use an « identification scroll » to activate the effect.

Known bugs :
  • Sounds doesn't work on some computers

Screenshots :
screen3.png

screen2.png

Download the latest version!
If you want to support the game : Patreon

Last edited:

TheDarkMaster

Creator
Aug 28, 2015
So, currently all of the enemies are male?

One error I can tell you from the screenshots, damage is never plural. You only use 'damages' as a third person verb, "He damages the snake for 8."

Tartos

Sep 4, 2017
So, currently all of the enemies are male?
There's no female enemy , but there are enemies with undefined sex. But if you want to 'fuck' something, that's probably not a game you want to play at the moment: p. Except for the boss, the next enemy should be female.
One error I can tell you from the screenshots, damage is never plural. You only use 'damages' as a third person verb, "He damages the snake for 8."
Thanks, It'll be corrected. Plurals in english really are my nemeses !

Last edited:

Tartos

Sep 4, 2017
Update 0.101 :
  • Fixed : The bug that prevented to restart after a game over
  • Fixed : Some minors bugs
  • Fixed : The introduction was not using the player's appareance
  • Fixed : If a player with 0 energy was attacked multiple times, more than one live could have been subtracted
  • Added : Elite monsters : they have a different skin, and are more powerful (later they will have their own skills, and will drop unique items)
  • Added : The inventory now shows how many lives left
  • Added : 3 new maps
  • Proofreading

Marblak

Jan 14, 2016
I gotta ask: Is there a bound fox at the top of this monster murder tower? Once I reach the precipice of the tower will I be rewarded with some BDSM fox action?

Tartos

Sep 4, 2017
Update 0.11a
Fixed : Identification scroll not appearing

Update 0.11

Added : Key mapping
Added : Saving/Loading
Added : Options for not playing music/sound effects
Added : The configuration menu is now accessible ingame
Fixed : Chests giving wooden sword instead of scroll of release
Fixed : Doors appearing in walls
Fixed : Typing too fast in the character's name screen resulting in input not being registered
Fixed : Correction of the introduction with RM750's suggestion (thanks).
Fixed : Changing tab in the inventory playing sounds only in right speaker
Fixed : Circular attack was usable even without the skill
Fixed : Enemies walking through furniture
Fixed : Inventory cursor disappearing
Fixed : TG by the goblin shaman not taken into account
Fixed : Fucking machine adding spreader bar to naga
Fixed : Strength attribute not limited in character creation
Fixed : Special objects changing attributes of normal objects

I gotta ask: Is there a bound fox at the top of this monster murder tower? Once I reach the precipice of the tower will I be rewarded with some BDSM fox action?
Be sure there'll be bound foxes at some point in the game !
Thanks, I guess this proves my point...

Last edited:

Tartos

Sep 4, 2017
UPDATE 0.12

Added : Enemies now drop items. Each enemy type has its own specific items
Added : Elite enemies can now drop powerful unique items
Added : 18 new items
Added : If the game crash, a logs.txt file is now generated
Added : Color for special items in the bottom text box
Added : Color for equipped items
Added : Arrows are not unlimited anymore. You can find them in chests or by defeating enemies
Fixed : Various proofreading
Fixed : Crash during the goblin defeat scene
Fixed : Enemies disappearing when near borders
Fixed : Cursor going out of the screen during the choice of the characteristics
Changed : Arrows are now much more powerful
Changed : Path-finding has been greatly improved
Changed : Number of mimics has been reduced
Changed : Various balancing

A-Grubby

Apr 2, 2017
Really enjoyed this!
I'm a big fan of rouge likes and the combat in this was actually super fun!

That said one thing I think that might be neat would the option to rotate your character without actually taking a step, this would make ranged combat a bit more fit. Well for me at least ;P I'd also love the ability to see what negative clothing I have equipped in a list as well as on my character as it can be a bit tricky to tell sometimes.

Oh, one more thing, I think that gags are a bit more punishing in comparison to some of the other bondage gear as drinking is the only way to heal right. It'd probably be fine if there was an alternate but right now it makes things quite tricky. Also not sure if intended but the o-ring gag also blocks drinking which feels a bit odd.

Anyway, once again, great work so far and I'm impressed by how often you are updating this, but be careful not to burn yourself out!

art926

Sep 8, 2015
Finally save/load system! But why does load start with a random position?
Also, do you plan any kind of "character" screen, that would show current state of the character, all transformations and effects?

art926

Sep 8, 2015
Also, can there be any beneficial transformations? And any that make you more masculine?

Tartos

Sep 4, 2017
Hey, thanks for your interest !

Really enjoyed this!
That said one thing I think that might be neat would the option to rotate your character without actually taking a step, this would make ranged combat a bit more fit. Well for me at least ;P I'd also love the ability to see what negative clothing I have equipped in a list as well as on my character as it can be a bit tricky to tell sometimes.

Oh, one more thing, I think that gags are a bit more punishing in comparison to some of the other bondage gear as drinking is the only way to heal right. It'd probably be fine if there was an alternate but right now it makes things quite tricky. Also not sure if intended but the o-ring gag also blocks drinking which feels a bit odd.

Anyway, once again, great work so far and I'm impressed by how often you are updating this, but be careful not to burn yourself out!
You can rotate your character if you keep pushing the bow key, and then press the desired direction.
Negative equipment will be added to the inventory screen in the next update (along with the character descriptor)
I should fix o-ring gag soon too.

Finally save/load system! But why does load start with a random position?
Also, do you plan any kind of "character" screen, that would show current state of the character, all transformations and effects?
When you load your save, the floor where you saved is generated again. Normally in rogue-like, you can't even save, but it will be a little dumb in a game where you want to see the defeat/game over scenes. So it's the best way I could think of to make cheating a little harder (otherwise it would be too easy to save before opening a chest, and reloading until you have the desired item for example)

Also, can there be any beneficial transformations? And any that make you more masculine?
Transformations will add positive/negative attributes soon. Male TG is planned too.

TheDarkMaster

Creator
Aug 28, 2015
One thing you can do to help a bit with save-scumming is to limit where people can save. Say, only when advancing from one level to another. Giving that option should at least give a more natural place to save without messing the player up by re-scrambling the floor.

Tartos

Sep 4, 2017
Update time ! It's probably full of bugs but I'm quite proud of it, and I hope you will enjoy the new elements !

UPDATE 0.13
  • Added : Screens for showing bondage gear and character's description ('B' and 'D' keys by default). Player's description written by Perri, it will be updated later, with more elements. I've added an image to the player's description screen, but it's just a placeholder for a future character viewer.
  • Added : Two news maps
  • Added : 'Title'. When a character is transformed enough, he will gain a title. Those titles affect the character's attributes
  • Added : Objects are now automatically sorted in the inventory
  • Added : You can change the game resolution.
  • Added : New variables for the character (hips/ass/lips size, will be used to expend the TG trap/scenes)
  • Fixed : Spell damage using strength instead of spirit
  • Fixed : Game crashing after level 5
  • Fixed : Potions unusable with a ring gag
  • Changed : New inventory
  • Changed : New fonts (will probably be changed later, since it's a little blurry sometime, depending on the resolution)
Old saves are not compatible with this version.

One thing you can do to help a bit with save-scumming is to limit where people can save. Say, only when advancing from one level to another. Giving that option should at least give a more natural place to save without messing the player up by re-scrambling the floor.
Yeah that's something I've thought about, but I'm not really fond of asking to the player if he want to save, each floor. I'm afraid it'll break the rhythm of the game.

Last edited:

Zavos

May 7, 2016
From my experience, playing a magic specalist is outright impossible. It would be great if you can provide an option to regenerate magic energy or spend turns to regenerate it. A healing spell would also be nice... Through all builds i tried, the health potions were too scarce to provide any sustain past around floor 2.

art926

Sep 8, 2015
"When you load your save, the floor where you saved is generated again" - that still bothers me. I agree with TheDarkMaster, you can limit where people saves. At the beginning on each level or some special location - both sounds fine instead of regenerating everything. Also, if you don't want people to use save/load to reopen same chest again and again in order to get desired item, save current rand value into your save record, then use it as seed on load.

Tartos

Sep 4, 2017
From my experience, playing a magic specalist is outright impossible. It would be great if you can provide an option to regenerate magic energy or spend turns to regenerate it. A healing spell would also be nice... Through all builds i tried, the health potions were too scarce to provide any sustain past around floor 2.
Yeah, I will work in the spell caster skills soon.

"When you load your save, the floor where you saved is generated again" - that still bothers me. I agree with TheDarkMaster, you can limit where people saves. At the beginning on each level or some special location - both sounds fine instead of regenerating everything. Also, if you don't want people to use save/load to reopen same chest again and again in order to get desired item, save current rand value into your save record, then use it as seed on load.
I understand, it's not on my priority list right now, but I will improve that later.

New Update!
V0.14

• Added: First boss! You can encounter him at the 10th floor
  • Added : You can select the TG level (Full, only feminization, none)
  • Added: You can now dodge enemies’ attacks, depending on your dexterity! Some enemy are more difficult to doge than others
  • Fixed : Identification scroll cursor no longer go outside the screen
  • Fixed : Door spawning behind crates in one of the new map
  • Fixed : Last two key bindings not saving
  • Fixed : Configuration screen now show the correct resolution
  • Fixed : Slime scene was cut at the bottom
  • Fixed : Arrows number is now saved
  • Fixed : Enemies special attacks range sometime hidden
  • Fixed: Spaces before ‘!’ and ‘?’ removed because I had no idea it was a mistake in English!
  • Changed : Slime division happens less often
  • Changed : Campfire now animated
  • Changed: Potion now heal depending on your max energy/mana. This makes stamina/spirit much more important
  • Changed : You regain 3% of your max mana by enemy killed (will be increasable by skills later)
  • Changed : Arrows number is now limited to 30
  • Changed: You can no longer equip unidentified equipment. Unidentified equipment attributes are not show anymore
  • Changed : -1 protection to scales shields

I also announce you I have set up a patreon!
Of course the game will remain free, but the patrons will receive each build a little earlier.
It will help me to commission the writers, and maybe to commission artists for the character viewer.

Swampking

Jan 17, 2017
Just curious, will there ever be a future installation where -the player- can fuck the -monster- as well?

karunama

Apr 17, 2016
Question; Is staying human desirable, as opposed to seeking out transformation titles?

Tartos

Sep 4, 2017
Just curious, will there ever be a future installation where -the player- can fuck the -monster- as well?
I will add NPC (human and non-human), and it'll be possible to have sex with them, but I don't think I will add sex scenes for when the player is victorious over a monster, sorry.

Question; Is staying human desirable, as opposed to seeking out transformation titles?
It can be, depending on what you want. It's interesting for an archer to become a latex snake for example, but it's a very bad choice for a mage character.

karunama

Apr 17, 2016
Being a mage already feels more feasible than it did before, although I'm still holding out for the new mage talents before I go *too* super far. Is there any way to spend gold/sell items, or is that slated for a future release?

karunama

Apr 17, 2016
Found a bug, btw. If you have unidentified gear in your inventory and load your game, it turns into equippable green gear. It can still be identified, but can still be worn as-is. Also, even if you die to a trap you don't lose lives from it, although all the rest of the death effects happen, such as being respawned with full energy/magic.

Last edited:

Tartos

Sep 4, 2017
Is there any way to spend gold/sell items, or is that slated for a future release?
Not yet, I will add merchants very soon.
Found a bug, btw. If you have unidentified gear in your inventory and load your game, it turns into equippable green gear. It can still be identified, but can still be worn as-is. Also, even if you die to a trap you don't lose lives from it, although all the rest of the death effects happen, such as being respawned with full energy/magic.
Thanks, I wasn't aware of those bugs !

karunama

Apr 17, 2016
Yeah, I tried *really hard* to lose the game to those traps. I was so disappointed when I realized that it wasn't actually possible, lol.

Tartos

Sep 4, 2017
Update time !

PUBLIC UPDATE 0.15

- Added : Brand new skills screen ! I think it's much more interesting this way. There are now 15 passive skills and 6 active skills
- Added : The circular attack has a sound effect
- Changed : Maximum level increased to 10
- Fixed : The fucking machine game over was only triggered if the player has more than one live left. The lives was not decreased by the trap. The scene was not correctly formatted
- Fixed : Nagas no longer spit through walls

PATREON UPDATE 0.16

- Added : New enemy : The thief, she is really impatient to humi... meets you ! Her special attack is TG-centered and make full use of the character description screen, with progressive TG for some body parts. Defeat scene by SCAPE GOAT and TG scenes by YOSHIELDER. She starts appearing at the 5th floor.
- Added : Title screen picture by OSELOTTI
- Changed : I've redone how I handle enemies in the game. Now it's much more easier for me to add specific behavior to them. Hopefully it'll not add to many new bugs !
- Changed : The slime now appears after the 4th floor
- Fixed : Slime multiplying itself on the player

karunama

Apr 17, 2016
The small heal spell does nothing in the new public update. As far as I can tell, it can't actually be cast at all. I haven't had a chance to try the others, but I suspect the results will be the same.

Edit: Apparently the default controls assume you getting the abilities in a certain order? I ended up finding out on accident that the third ability for me (the heal) was on button #6. After I changed it to three, it worked well enough, but it was rather counterintuitive.

Last edited:

Tartos

Sep 4, 2017
The small heal spell does nothing in the new public update. As far as I can tell, it can't actually be cast at all. I haven't had a chance to try the others, but I suspect the results will be the same.

Edit: Apparently the default controls assume you getting the abilities in a certain order? I ended up finding out on accident that the third ability for me (the heal) was on button #6. After I changed it to three, it worked well enough, but it was rather counterintuitive.
By default, each skill is assigned to a key. Since the configuration file is shared by all the saves, unfortunately I can't automatically assign the key in the order you get the skills :/

New update !

PUBLIC UPDATE 0.16

– Added : New enemy : The thief, she is really impatient to humi… meets you ! Her special attack is TG-centered and make full use of the character description screen, with progressive TG for some body parts. Defeat scene by SCAPE GOAT and TG scenes by YOSHIELDER. She starts appearing at the 5th floor.
– Added : Title screen picture by OSELOTTI
– Changed : I’ve redone how I handle enemies in the game. Now it’s much more easier for me to add specific behavior to them. Hopefully it’ll not add to many new bugs !
– Changed : The slime now appears after the 4th floor
– Fixed : Slime multiplying itself on the player

PATREON UPDATE 0.17

– Added : I’ve coded a light dynamic lighting engine for the game. I think everything looks a lot less ‘flat’ this way.
– Added : New tab in the inventory, for the rings
– Added : One new map part
– Changed : It’s not possible anymore to shoot through obstacles, but arrows can now be shoot through water and pit tiles
– Changed : The description of the heal spell is clearer
– Fixed : Scroll of identification were usable multiple times on the same item
– Fixed : Unidentified items were automatically identified after loading a save. Unfortunately, if you load an old save, every unworn special items will be unidentified since the information was not correctly saved.
– Fixed : Enemies appearing an obstacles
– Fixed : Graphical glitch where chest or sack were on top of bones/grass
– Fixed : Enemy appearing only after the first turn
– Fixed : Text off screen for the thief game over, if the player was not wearing any chastity device.

Also, you can now follow the development of the game here : http://toweroftheboundfox.com/

Last edited:

Tartos

Sep 4, 2017
Big update!
I've added the village for the patreon version! This first version is a very rough draft of what I want to do but it contains the first three NPCs of the game.
Two merchants, for buying and selling stuff, and one inn for restoring energy/mana and lives.

Next versions add will NPCs restoring/changing the character's appearence, improving the goods selled by the shops, improving the player's weapons, …

Adding the village was essential before continuing the tower,

There will also be a merchant inside the tower later. She will appear randomly but will sell better stuff.

PUBLIC VERSION 0.17a
- Added : I’ve coded a light dynamic lighting engine for the game. I think everything looks a lot less ‘flat’ this way.
– Added : New tab in the inventory, for the rings
– Added : One new map part
– Changed : It’s not possible anymore to shoot through obstacles, but arrows can now be shoot through water and pit tiles
– Changed : The description of the heal spell is clearer
– Fixed : Scroll of identification were usable multiple times on the same item
– Fixed : Unidentified items were automatically identified after loading a save. Unfortunately, if you load an old save, every unworn special items will be unidentified since the information was not correctly saved.
– Fixed : Enemies appearing an obstacles
– Fixed : Graphical glitch where chest or sack were on top of bones/grass
– Fixed : Enemy appearing only after the first turn
– Fixed : Text off screen for the thief game over, if the player was not wearing any chastity device.
- Changed : I've changed all the musics, I've discovered recently the authors doesn't want his music used inside « obscene materials ». Honestly I think it's for the better, now all the musics came from the same soundtrack, and it's much more homegenous. I think the new dungeon music fit more to the new ambient too.

PATREON VERSION 0.2
- Added : First version of the village
- Added : 3 NPCs inside the village : One equipements shop, one items shop, one inn
- Added : One new scroll: for teleporting back to the village
- Added : You can go to the village if you go down from the starting map. Later you will start directly inside the village, but I need the change the introduction.
- Added : You return to the village after fighting the first boss. That also mean it's not possible anymore to go highter than the 10st floor (but that was useless since there are no new content after the boss)
- Added : You can see how much gold you have in the inventory screen
- Changed : I've made the game sightly harder, since it's now possible to restore lives in the village
- Changed : I've changed all the musics since I've discovered recently the author doesn't want his music used in « obscene materials ». Honestly I think it's for the better, now all the musics are from the same soundtrack, and it's much more homegenous. I think the new dungeon music fits more to the new dungeon's atmosphere too.

Tartos

Sep 4, 2017
Update!

PUBLIC VERSION 0.2
- Added : First version of the village
- Added : 3 NPCs inside the village : One equipement shop, one items shop, one inn
- Added : One new scroll: for teleporting back to the village
- Added : You can go to the village if you go down from the starting map. Later you will start directly inside the village, but I need the change the introduction.
- Added : You return to the village after fighting the first boss. That also mean it's not possible anymore to go highter than the 10st floor (but that was useless since there are no new content after the boss)
- Added : You can see how much gold you have in the inventory screen
- Changed : I've made the game sightly harder, since it's now possible to restore lives in the village
- Changed : I've changed all the musics since I've discovered recently the author doesn't want his music used in « obscene materials ». Honestly I think it's for the better, now all the musics are from the same soundtrack, and it's much more homegenous. I think the new dungeon music fits more to the new dungeon's atmosphere too.

PATREON VERSION 0.2.1
- Added : New enemy : Goblin spear bearer. She starts appearing at the 11th floor. This is a more classic enemy (no TF/TG special attack), she still has her own special attack though. She is probably too strong, but this will be balanced later, when new enemies will be added.
- Added: Fading + Sound when sleeping at the INN
- Added/Changed: Character description screen improved by Perri (proofreading, some sentences improved, and breasts description expended)
- Added/Changed: You can now go up to the 15th floor. After beating the first boss, you can start from the 11th floor.
- Changed: New font for the events screen and NPC screens. Unfortunately because of a weird bug in the framework I'm using, the text is not perfectly drawn on the screen (some characters are cut or aliased). I've spent 5-6 hours trying to fix this, without success. In the next update, I will change my method, and will create one font bitmap per screen resolution.
- Changed: It's now automatically calculated when the event text should be refreshed, so the text should never appear outside the event box now
- Fixed: Small pause between music loops
- Fixed: Escaping the configuration menu with the escape key now correctly save the changes
- Fixed: For some resolution, the NPC text was blurred every other line

Last edited:

karunama

Apr 17, 2016
"One equipements shop"

Should just be 'equipment'. And yes, I know i'm super picky about spelling, lol.